Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Researching angry emotion gave me the emotion bomb quirk!

I was having the hardest time properly researching the angry emotion for my actress! I kept repeatedly doing angry interactions with her mom and to another stranger along the street. Suddenly I get informed I now have the emotion bomb quirk! How does one research this emotion without triggering something like that?! I don't mind having the quirk because I like my sim having some flaws. It actually fits how her mom has "uncontrolled emotions" but it's still not something I was exactly wanting. haha

Comments

• thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    edited November 2018
    Click on the played Sim and select "research angry emotion" and they will get angry. Then proceed with mean interactions until you complete the goal. I think you only need to do 4 which shouldn't be enough to trigger the quirk.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • roflmaoxsarahroflmaoxsarah Posts: 4,132 Member
    Whenever I try to research angry emotions, that action doesn't come up for me when I click on my sim. I had to click so many mean interactions which lower my sim's reputation while sometimes it pops up. Just never when I actually need it, lol
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited November 2018
    my sim went to the spice market festivals...testing the foods and got the Refined Palate quirk... I was wondering how to get Emotion bomb...
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited November 2018
    Click on the played Sim and select "research angry emotion" and they will get angry. Then proceed with mean interactions until you complete the goal. I think you only need to do 4 which shouldn't be enough to trigger the quirk.

I forgot to mention I did that! However, it was only "+2" moodlet which failed to make her properly angry. Like I said, I don't mind her having it. I love how noticeable it actually is! She completely freaks out if she gets sad or angry now. These are the kind of things this game was lacking. We need more of these strong and noticeable effects of gameplay in future packs! Good job Sims developers on this pack! I am so surprised at how fun and engrossing Get Famous is considering I was the least excited for this expansion.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Yeah, soon as my sim got 'very angry' from an agitated conversation she got the quirk haha.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    My sim got it when her father died and she had the mourning/sad moodlet for an extended period. I removed it because it didn't really fit with her character, but I can see how it would be good for storytelling in the right circumstances.
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited November 2018
    Just a tip for the actors and actresses out there, painting can be a pretty handy tool. Anger was one of the hardest emotions for me to find and I immediately sent my sim to capture it on the easel for future use. I had been not completing that task prior with no ill effects but one day she managed to get in a tiff with her bf and bingo emotion secured. I guess there is a way to capture the emotion through memory or something to do with photos (?) but paintings work pretty well.

The argument can work great with a loved one since you can easily repair that relationship quickly - just make sure the sim you want angry isn't tied up with other emotions before starting the argument and then get out quickly and go paint that emotion or figure out a way to capture it because you will need it again. You can dequirk yourself later with a 250 pt reward potion if you become an emotional fire bomb.

also also, for what to do with your sims anger that doesnt require fixing anything you can just kick the trash can 4 times.
    Post edited by Nectere on
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • TheWomanMonsterTheWomanMonster Posts: 49 Member
    I got that one with my outgoing Sim getting sad from low social all the time (while I locked her away to become a programming whiz and simstuber)...
  • SpottyTurtle79SpottyTurtle79 Posts: 1 New Member
    I was trying to get the emotion bomb quirk so much that my Sim go very sad from low social and woke up one morning with it.
  • ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    At least that makes some sort of sense...my player sim with 20 girlfriends got the "No touching" quirk.