Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paying bills

Hi,

I'm building an apartment complex, complete with gym, laundromat and shops on the ground floor. Otherwise there are all the halways, the subway station and parking garage in the basement. Finaly the top 2 floors are the two penthouses, one in each tower. My question is, how on earth does my sim avoid paying the bills for all those 'public area' (lighting, all the furniture in all the public rooms and such)?

Comments

• grallonspheregrallonsphere Posts: 153 Member
    Also, I wanted to furnish the NPC apartments with the basic amenities (bed, sink, toilet, etc) and some minimum decoration. Is it even worth it since I've 'level skip markers' on every floors save mine. Do the NPCs actually use any of those? Thanks.
  • starzgirl1starzgirl1 Posts: 166 Member
    If you use the buydebug cheat you can actually find "public markers" They look like a silver ball when placed in the world. Place a public marker in each room that is a public area to avoid paying bills.

I believe there are also "hidden room markers" for townies so that the room is hidden from your view, but it is more for pretend rather than an apartment you can actually visit, so I wouldn't furnish those.