Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin Black Friday Sale

Comments

• Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I am also unable to build a bundle with GF. I want it with Jungle Adventures and Patio stuff. However I am trying on my phone because I’m not at my computer. I tested it on my actual computer when the pack came out without issues I wasn’t just checking for a bundle sale first. So it may just be my phone but I cannot currently build with GF.
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    I bought The Sims 4 Seasons & Get Famous. They were only 45€ together(normally 80€).
    I really like Black Friday :sunglasses:
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    I can't do a bundle because I've bought everything except GF already. Way to punish loyal customers.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited November 2018
    Maybe it isn't allowing you to bundle right now because bundles are on sale and GF is not?
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited November 2018
    Anmirla wrote: »
    Maybe it isn't allowing you to bundle right now because bundles are on sale and GF is not?

Other people earlier in the thread were able to make a bundle with GF. And there's already a thread on the EA Help Forums about it, so it's most likely a bug.

Perhaps the latest patch is the issue...
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    If you all would go back and read the first post in the thread, it says GF is EXCLUDED from this sale.
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Your wish is my command~

giphy.gif

I'm moved this to General Discussion, @simgirl1010
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    EA_Cian wrote: »
    Your wish is my command~

giphy.gif

My wish is for GF to be on sale, without any of the bundle stuff that I don't qualify for.
    If you all would go back and read the first post in the thread, it says GF is EXCLUDED from this sale.

We are all aware of this. We are talking about how we are unable to build a bundle with GF. Bundles are a cheaper way of buying an expansion, a game pack and a stuff pack all together. The issue is some people can build a bundle with it currently with the slight sale on bundles and some can’t which is frustrating.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,827 Member
    Thanks @EA_Cian.

@TamakiSakura84 I really need that LOL button right now. That was a perfect follow-up to EA_Cian's post. 🙂
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,339 Member
    edited November 2018

No, it doesn't. The way the offer is phrased, Get Famous is excluded from the 50% discount on expansion packs. But there is an option on Origin to bundle any EP with a GP and SP for a slight discount. Those bundles are even more discounted during Black Friday week (by an additional 20%). The question is now, since Get Famous doesn't get the 50% discount, does a bundle with it in get a) the normal bundle discount only or does it b) benefit from the extra 20% off? I'm leaning towards (a), but cannot be sure, that's why I asked.
    Although with so many customers being unable to create a bundle with Get Famous in at all, the question how much this impossible bundle would be discounted seems rather moot now.
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    FYI - I was able to make a bundle with GF BEFORE the sale (2 days ago). Now I get the 'you can't build a bundle' message.

So incredibly lame. Glad I wasn't actually planning to do it anyway...
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited November 2018
    Francl27 wrote: »
    FYI - I was able to make a bundle with GF BEFORE the sale (2 days ago). Now I get the 'you can't build a bundle' message.

So incredibly lame. Glad I wasn't actually planning to do it anyway...

This is what I was thinking had happened. The other person in the thread said it seemed to be the regular price for bundles. Maybe they yanked it because it was causing issues.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • maxiracingmaxiracing Posts: 26 Member
    so hipped about that !
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    But no SPs on sale ... again. It is a drag that even the older stuff packs are still full price, never get cheaper and rarely go on sale. This is why I dislike the digital only nonsense. If they were still putting stuff out on discs we could at least go bargain bin hunting once in a while to catch a deal on SPs.

Logically, I know SPs are not expensive at $10, but considering how little I actually use out of each pack... I just wish they would include them in the deals more often.
  • LollyGraceLollyGrace Posts: 20 Member
    [quote="xamira99;c-16842459"]@LollyGrace , yes, I can add in GF as part of the bundle..I don't own the Dine Out yet.. so, I can add in all three (EP, GP, & SP). The price is based on my local currency (SGD). I doubt it's region lock. Have you update to the latest Origin?
    [/quote]

Ahhhh that’s... annoying.... I restarted a couple of times and my origin is up to date so unsure what the issue is. I caved and bought it anyway but now hella 🐸🐸🐸🐸 because people are getting it on a bundle like I usually doooooo. Irritating as it was the last EP but I don’t have all the other stuff packs and add ons etc... 😫🤷🏼‍♀️
    [quote="AgentJulia;c-16842696"]I am also trying to make a bundle with Get Famous but am unable. I want to get Get Famous, Outdoor Retreat, and Toddler Stuff, as those are the only game packs and expansion packs I do not own, however Origin says I am unable as I own too many packs. How is this possible?[/quote]

Yes this is what it said for me!! 😫
    Heads up! Been on live chat with EA....

It’s a regional error! The assistant said that it’s been flagged as many people are complaining of missing out... it’s not meant to be available in the bundle packs but for some reason it’s allowed for certain regions.. weird

Anywho, they gave me a discount code on my next purchase, so hopefully that’ll bring down the game pack etc that I would have got in a bundle to around the same price..

Such confusion! 😂🙄
    edited November 2018
    LollyGrace wrote: »

It’s a regional error! The assistant said that it’s been flagged as many people are complaining of missing out... it’s not meant to be available in the bundle packs but for some reason it’s allowed for certain regions.. weird

Anywho, they gave me a discount code on my next purchase, so hopefully that’ll bring down the game pack etc that I would have got in a bundle to around the same price..

Such confusion! 😂🙄

That’s very confusing. They always add it as a bundle option upon release so why is Get Famous different? Seasons was added upon release and I was able to bundle it during a sale a few weeks later. So I hope it’s fixed soon as available. I really want to buy it but in a bundle so I can get stuff I’m missing.

Edit: Also there is a link in this thread to a bug report. One of the moderators is asking for info saying it should be available to bundle again after the sale. It was removed due to the Black Friday sale. Was planning on diving in this weekend when I actually had time to play. Seriously unhappy about this.

• HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    GF is the only pack I'm missing and I spent all my birthday money on the last three Sims 4 SPs, two Sims 3 SPs, and 1000 sim points for the sims 3 store.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited November 2018
    Akl500P wrote: »
    LollyGrace wrote: »

Such confusion! 😂🙄

That’s very confusing. They always add it as a bundle option upon release so why is Get Famous different? Seasons was added upon release and I was able to bundle it during a sale a few weeks later. So I hope it’s fixed soon as available. I really want to buy it but in a bundle so I can get stuff I’m missing.

Edit: Also there is a link in this thread to a bug report. One of the moderators is asking for info saying it should be available to bundle again after the sale. It was removed due to the Black Friday sale. Was planning on diving in this weekend when I actually had time to play. Seriously unhappy about this.

Now it makes sense that the bundle price for GF is just the same as the before sales. There's no additional 20% off. And it's very weird that they have a region lock for a sale...

I'm so sorry that you can't get the bundle offer @LollyGrace... And thanks for clearing things up for us. :)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi everyone,

As some of you have read on my Answers HQ post, The Sims 4 Get Famous Expansion Pack has been temporarily removed from The Sims 4 Build Your Bundle during the Black Friday Sale. It will be back November 27.

It seems some of you are still seeing The Sims 4 Get Famous on Build Your Bundle because of the browser's cache and this is of course causings some confusion. It's the same reason you will notice the price change when you go to the purchase confirmation page, as the pack is not meant to be available right now. Clearing your cache or using your browser's incognito mode should load the full and updated Build Your Bundle page.

If you would want to know more, I've posted a detailed (and a bit long) explanation here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/The-Sims-4-Get-Famous-not-showing-in-Build-and-buy-a-bundle/m-p/7191287#M128351

Thanks!
    -Mai
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    If I wanted to build a bundle (not now, but at some point), does anyone know how much it would cost in pounds sterling?
    (also, a bundle consists of an EP, GP and SP right?)
    Gallery ID: babysquare