Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you interact with celebrities? "Attempt Introduction" Failures

2...Next

Comments

• allyz04allyz04 Posts: 2 New Member
    It's luck, or i think you'd have to be a celebrity too. When I was a Notable Newcomer my attempt introduction didn't work, but once I got more famous it worked every time. <3
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Actually you either have to be a celeberity or have the same or better reputation as them. Also there is a lot trait that makes it harder for higher level celeberties to come to the lot but it don't stop them from coming, the 1 star to 3 star celeberties still come visit some, however, the 4 star and 5 star celeberties rarely show, I had to add it in the bar at strangervillie, because it killed the story with 2 global superstars and 2 or 3 4 star celeberties.

The lot trait is up and coming hotspot, if you put it on a non lounge lot the rate of high level celeberties will be low unless you create a event their that increases the rate of high celeberties. Lounges with that trait have a special community event called a celeberity meet and greet that allows fans to meet celeberties, this is not the same as the fan meet and greet your celerberty sim unlocks at fame level 3. One is the fan side of it, and the other is the celeberity side of it.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Here is how I do it when I really want my sim to make friends with certain sim celebrity. I try the attempt introduction if it fails I use rude introduction hahah. I can at least talk to then and start making friends after a rude intro. Anyway, I like that attempt introduction fails a lot. What celebrity is going to make friends immediately with some random person doing that silly wave.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited April 2019
    SilentSpy0 wrote: »
    How do you interact with celebrities outside of just being a fan? I keep trying 'Attempt Introduction' but I keep getting failures. Is there a solution to this?

I'm LOVING this expansion overall, but the interactions with stars feels limited for stories and this constant failure is starting to get annoying.

Is there any surefire way to fix this?

I don't know who any of them are and ignore them or delete them. If they had Chadwick Boseman from Black Panther Movie (he is one gorgeous man) Jack Nicholson, Jonny Dep, Odagiri Joe, Fukuyama Masaharu, Stan Lee, Matt Smith, Or any number of K-Pop stars, J-Pop or HK-pop stars I would have some clue and attempt an intro.

Odagiri Joe
    COmqkM4UEAA77OV.jpg

Fukuyama Masaharu
    Soshite+Chichi+Ni+Naru+Premiere+66th+Annual+E9BULMD31Yfx.jpg

Since for all I know they are loosely based off of real celebrities, names changed looks altered a bit or just made up celebrities for the game I don't even bother. However, I do take part in making my sim a celebrity and freeze their fame along the way so that they don't loose their celebrity status for being bad.

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    My usual tactic is getting a conversation going with sims in the vicinity of the celeb. Most of the time the celeb will join in, so if you keep the chatting going long enough you will have him/her in your relationships panel, with the attendant ease of social interactions. This has proved very successful, and in one case has produced a high level friendship. None of my sims has any fame, either, not a smidgen.
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Or you can work the bar and let them come to you, you have them at a disadvantage, they have to go through you to get a drink or food and so therefore they will have to talk to you. :smiley:
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Level 2 fame sims can talk to Thorne Bailey!
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    Well, I made a mod that blocks Celebrities from randomly arriving on certain lots. It's still in testing but it appears to be working perfectly. Problem is, I did it by changing the "Up and Coming" lot trait so it instead blocks celebrities from doing a random "Walk-by" arrival on a lot with that trait. Waited on a lot with that trait for hours and no celebrities ever arrived.

Just not sure if changing that lot trait will have consequences. I'd rather make an entirely new lot trait but I haven't figured out how to do it yet.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    Easiest way is to play them, then you can introduce them to anyone you wish, if they are also really popular, then they will be friends with that person immediately.

You can also use the "introduce sim to another sim" feature if you want to introduce a celebrity that you know well to another sim who does not know that celebrity.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    The easiest way to connect with celebs is to go to Strangerville. They flock to the place, so when you see one you want to meet just take advantage of the option to talk about Stranterville. No more messing with the useless 'attempt introduction'. At least two of my sims have celeb friends by that method, and in one case the celeb was part of the team that defeated the 'mother'.
  • queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Easiest way is to play them, then you can introduce them to anyone you wish, if they are also really popular, then they will be friends with that person immediately.

You can also use the "introduce sim to another sim" feature if you want to introduce a celebrity that you know well to another sim who does not know that celebrity.

What pack does that feature come with?
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member

What pack does that feature come with?

I'm pretty sure it is basegame? correct me if I'm wrong, it's in friendly interactions.
  • dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    If you have StrangerVille you can hang out at the 8 Bells bar and talk to anyone - even Celebrities - about StrangerVille. This acts as an introduction and you can go from there.
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    If my sims are supposed to be friends with Celebrities I will go around this by temporarily having them as a celebrity's Kato Kaelin just to bypass this.
  • SparklyBeccaSparklyBecca Posts: 106 Member
    My Sim was able to become the girlfriend of a Dirk Dreamer when she was still only a newcomer. I chanced an intro and it worked. But then she wasn't able to introduce herself to everyone. I think it just depends sometimes.
  • hobislongsnakeuhobislongsnakeu Posts: 18 Member
    what i did was go to a celebrity's house and play chess with them until i earned their friendship
    > @hobislongsnakeu said:
    > what i did was go to a celebrity's house and play chess with them until i earned their friendship

okay well i got their friendship but i still had to do attempt introduction and i failed sDFSDJFNS i'll keep playing chess and see if that helps
    > @hobislongsnakeu said:
    > > @hobislongsnakeu said:
    > > what i did was go to a celebrity's house and play chess with them until i earned their friendship
    >
    > okay well i got their friendship but i still had to do attempt introduction and i failed sDFSDJFNS i'll keep playing chess and see if that helps

i kept making them play chess together and they eventually started talking so i guess this tactic works
  • sofasimsofasim Posts: 128 Member
    Another trick. I had my sim go somewhere and she took her toddler. She always fails at introducing herself. The toddler however has the option to talk to stranger with any celebrity so I let the toddler do the "talking" xD and my adult sim just joins the conversation at one point and suddenly I get all other options shown.
    I get why it's supposed to fail and I'm more bothered by the animation of attempt to introduce self because believe it or not, not everyone has a near mental breakdown when meeting a celebrity. I mean just for storytelling imagine your sim has to meet that celebrity for business and needs to be professional but instead of shaking hands they do this half bend, waving, screaming in a high pitched voice thing... yes I'm sure they'll hire me again...
  • DeadInsid3_plur2EDMDeadInsid3_plur2EDM Posts: 44 Member
    Go to the hot spots buy drinks for everyone. Bribe the bouncer a ton of money to get in first if you dont meet the criteria. Once you know of them and they are 4 stars or under you can invite them over and when you do make dinner watch tv together slowly building the relationship.

Some celebs are straight up mean and just dont waste your time once you realize how stuck up they are.

Try doing interactions like ask for selfie/autograph, ask for hug and then lastly ask to take picture of close to that order at least ask to take picture of them last in my experience anyways.

The more you are seen with them in public the more fame you can acquire doing certain interactions and also able to meet all their celeb friends.

It can be time consuming and sometimes be frustrating trying to get fast results. If all else fails just do cheat codes and modify anyone's relationship for friends or strangers (celebs in this case)
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I had a newly created Sim become the girlfriend of a celebrity in one play session. She just kept bugging him and followed him into the bathroom, lol. She asked for lots of autographs, selfies, and hugs until he was willing to interact with her, and then she travelled back to her house with him.

I have another Sim who has never had any problem interacting with celebrities. He has very high charisma, comedy, and reputation.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Bekah_loveJCBekah_loveJC Posts: 4 New Member
    I had the same problem, so I used testing cheats and shift clicked my sim > public image > increased my Sims fame until I was equal to the celebrity in which I wanted to interact with.
    After that I began to interact with that celebrity completely normal like I would any other sim.
    After one conversation the celebrity should show up as an acquaintance in your sim’s relationship box!
    You are now safe to decrease your celebrity status via testing cheats, shift click > public image > decrease fame back to whatever level you want to be..
    However you can only decrease two levels so if you need to decrease more than that just go into your Sims star info panel and quit the spotlight! This will take you back to zero fame. After that if you need to increase fame just shift click and increase fame again. But don’t forget to enter back into the spotlight via your sims star panel!!

Now you should be right where you started but now you can interact with the celebrity. ☺️
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited January 2020

Where do you find this feature, @logion? It’s something I’ve always wanted!
  • Jirawat_SutipayakulJirawat_Sutipayakul Posts: 1 New Member
    I don’t know if anyone has done this, but to be friends with celebrities in The Sims 4 without a cheat. Travel to the gym and some celebrity like Kayla Flemming will show up. You can click on her or any celebrity you wish to be friend with “Ask (celebrity or regular townie) to Mentor” this way, they’ll interact and train your Sim. Then after you can “Attempt Introduction” or “Ask them for Autograph” it’ll take a few actions to actually give you more options. This can both improve your fitness skills and increase your interaction with the celebrity or townie of your choice.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top