The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you interact with celebrities? "Attempt Introduction" Failures

SilentSpy0SilentSpy0 Posts: 197 Member
How do you interact with celebrities outside of just being a fan? I keep trying 'Attempt Introduction' but I keep getting failures. Is there a solution to this?

I'm LOVING this expansion overall, but the interactions with stars feels limited for stories and this constant failure is starting to get annoying.

Is there any surefire way to fix this?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,396 Member
    There’s a perk that allows you to become friends with celebrities, that was the only way I was Able to talk with them. My lvl 10 charisma sim was failing the attempt introduction as well. I guess only same level famous sims can do it, or it’s just pure luck
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    I haven't encountered this but then again, I have mainly been trying to build up my celebrity. I may have to try this with regular sims after getting my celeb sim the highest celebrity level.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I've gotten to where now I don't try the attempt intro, and somehow I've had a few of them actually introduce themself to my sim, she was notable newcomer, not sure if they will otherwise but I'll have to try it out
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    I think it depends on celeb’s rep too. If they are stuck up than fat chance.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I've had success when my Sim was at level 1 Fame and the celeb in question wasn't much farther above that.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • PajamaGalPajamaGal Posts: 6 New Member
    My Sim is a Notable Newcomer and has Networking. Octavia Moon asked my Sim out on a date for Love Day, but can't seem to have a casual conversation with her. With only two romantic interactions and six friendly interactions that seem to have a 50/50 chance of helping or hurting the relationship, it's pretty tough to carry out an entire date.

I assume your Sim needs to have the same or a higher celebrity level than another celebrity to talk to them, but it's kind of ridiculous when the higher-level celebrity initiates the conversation and your Sim still can't talk to them.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member
    PajamaGal wrote: »
    My Sim is a Notable Newcomer and has Networking. Octavia Moon asked my Sim out on a date for Love Day, but can't seem to have a casual conversation with her. With only two romantic interactions and six friendly interactions that seem to have a 50/50 chance of helping or hurting the relationship, it's pretty tough to carry out an entire date.

I assume your Sim needs to have the same or a higher celebrity level than another celebrity to talk to them, but it's kind of ridiculous when the higher-level celebrity initiates the conversation and your Sim still can't talk to them.

Wow Octavia is married to.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    It worked when my 3 star celeb introduced himself to a 4 star.

If you have Get Together, you could try putting them both in a club? IIRC the game treats sims in a club as already having met each other even if they actually haven't.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Try only asking for an autograph and selfie. Maybe after 2 or 3 meetings the celeb will warm up to you a little.
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    It's seriously broken. I've been trying for over a game YEAR to "Attempt Introduction" to a B-Lister. It's ALWAYS failed. I'm up to 65 attempts so far, all have failed. Celeb doesn't have any weird perks, listed as "Good" and "Cheerful". Nothing mean or mischievous. It just ALWAYS fails.

Something severely broke it. Unless you are a celeb, interacting with one is 100% completely and utterly IMPOSSIBLE.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,445 Member
    Another thing to try. At fame level two or three you can choose the "PR Agency" fame perk then on the phone choose the option to get on celebrity guest list. You'll go to a rabbit hole party then receive a notification about some celebrity being your new best friend, or something like that.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I don't really since celebrities don't interest me all that much. If they're that self-important, then they're not worth my sim's time in my view. For my celeb sims though, as long as they have some fame to start things off, and the other celeb doesn't have too many stars above them, then it usually works out. Then, as you rise in fame and you get the networking perks, it becomes easier and you can start schmoozing with bigger stars. Interacting with celebs in turn builds your sim's fame, so one helps the other. I guess you could also use friendship cheats, get another sim to introduce you, or meet them at work if you're co-workers?
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Apparently there's a special event that can happen you can be invited to (looks like one of those events like the "special night at the bar" type of things, where an NPC invites you to go over the phone. Called Meet A Celebrity, wherein it's apparently much easier to successfully introduce yourself (I wonder if this event can happen organically in the background from going to the up and coming lounge in Del Sol Valley? That's where I remember having the most success with introducing, personally... then again, maybe I was successful for other reasons). Apart from that, it looks like the main factors in success or failure are difference in fame level, mood of the celeb (positive a good thing, negative not), and fame perks networking perk. Surprisingly, charisma doesn't seem to be a factor at all. I would have thought it would be, but I guess not.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
    I think I found a loophole. Not exactly sure how I did it. After 93 attempts, I again went over to the famous sim's house. Got in a conversation with their daughter. Somehow I got in a group conversation but still didn't get any points. The TV was on nearby. I clicked on the TV and saw the option "Watch TV with..." I clicked on it and it worked! I finally got 1 point. I then attempted introduction again and they waved!

The pack is severely broken though, it shouldn't be that difficult.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    On Meet and Greet event, my sim can attemp introduction on 5 star celeb in one single interaction, but celebs in this game look like a total snob, not even relative can succesfully attemp introduction on their cousin/uncle celeb.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited March 2019
    I've managed to successfully trick one celeb into being friends with one of my sims. It was Orange Bailey Moon and my sim met him at school and invited him over to her house. She still couldn't interact with him at first but she had a school project and had him help her with it and eventually it raised their relationship bar enough that she could jump past the "introduction phase" and get actually interactions with him to become full friends. Granted he has a very low fame level but it was still funny to have her trick him into being both her friend and helping her with her homework.

I'm currently working on Dustin Broke in my Get Famous save. My Sim invited him to play chess with her a couple of times. It didn't really raise their relationship enough to have any interactions with him but it's enough that he's on her relationship panel and she can now spam texts at him at all hours of the day at night. This is more to see if I can get it to work eventually she'll have a high enough fame level of her own that it won't matter and I have other plans for her romance wise.
    ~ ~ ~
    HA!

I figured out a flaw in the system. An exploit if you will.

You can completely bypass the "Attempt Introduction" method. All you have to do is go to Strangerville and wait for them to show up. The bar and library are good for that. Once they show up, the famous sim will always have the "Talk about Strangerville" option that EVERYONE has in that town. Just select that and you'll get some friendship points. Then, it's just a matter of using the normal interactions that now show up!

I was playing through Strangerville again with a new sim and the Celeb I've been trying to interact with showed up right away. I tried "Talk about Strangerville" and saw the points show up. A lot of new interactions were available after that.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Um... I usually AM a celeb. They're like, best buds with my sims. Thorne Bailey was flirting with her once.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    I found I have better luck if I do all the other fan interactions first (autograph, selfie, etc) and then try Attempt Introduction. That works about at least half of the time for me. Another great way is to hang out at a bar that a celeb is visiting because the sims who sit on barstools all eventually seem to enter in one big conversation if they all linger enough. Make sure there is not much to do on the lot but visit the bar.
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    I am thinking of buying it, the comments are helpful.
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited April 2019
    Wait for fan meet and greet day, in the lounges with the lot trait up and coming hotspot trait. Famous sims that show up at the up and coming hot spot during the event are more inclined to accept socials from fans during the event. Usually start out with the lower level celeberties, the more celeberties you know the more likely you will be able to be noticed by the top level celeberties.

Edit: Try to avoid asking the global superstars unless you know at least 2 4 stars or or 1 3 or 4 stars the other ones are only the low lifes but they can get you access to the 2, 3 star celeberties always ask for autographs and selfies from the high levels, they are more apt to accept introduction from a stranger that is a fan than a stranger that is not a fan.

Edit: I almost forgot the only time you really want to attempt social with a 2 star or 3 star is if the two or 3 star is a child of the higher celeberties, if your a friend of the chidren you already got a foot in the door.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
    edited April 2019
    Sid, Laff... I tried that. The sim I wanted to interact with was married. In an attempt to interact, I became best friends with their spouse and regular friends with their daughter. They still refused to talk. Thought it was fairly bad manners myself. Won't even talk to your wife's best friend? Geez.

I actually didn't know they held meet and greets themselves. I'll have to look it up. Meet and greets are great for leveling fame. Knocks my famous sim's fame by half a star every time.

Lquinn, you should. I've purchased everything for every sims game back to Sims 1 and this is one of my favorites.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2019
    Generally I have my Sim ignor them as much as possible - as my female does that idiotic excited clap thing that annoys me to no end - so unless a celeb comes up and start talking to my sim I try to force them to move on. If that doesn't work I send them somewhere else out of that town.

I rarely have even my few sims that live there hang around any of the venues there - I send them to other towns when my sim is through with their gig - off they go.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited April 2019
    Famous sims are fine when it's me... ;) But others are mainly annoying. It's like my sim will be dancing in a nightclub, then a famous sim will walk in and the DJ goes to greet and the music will stop and my sim stops dancing. I'm just like... Hey, I was dancing here!

I REALLY want a lot trait that stops famous sims from visiting. I'd even pay for one like that.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    gettps wrote: »
    Famous sims are fine when it's me... ;) But others are mainly annoying. It's like my sim will be dancing in a nightclub, then a famous sim will walk in and the DJ goes to greet and the music will stop and my sim stops dancing. I'm just like... Hey, I was dancing here!

I REALLY want a lot trait that stops famous sims from visiting. I'd even pay for one like that.

That would help. Besides in real life we'd almost never see lots of celebs in our regular places anyway. Up here in Maine we see a few - but Mainers are the type of people that just doesn't much react to it. They are nice enough - respectful and all but they don't go giddy like sims do for sure. I'd sort of like that kind of behavior in game - you can acknowledge there's a celeb in the house - but keep doing your darn job, or keep eating your food or what ever they are doing.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top