Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do sims just keep walking into my house?!?!

Sims just keep walking into my sims house. Not knocking. Not invited. They just stroll in and get in my fridge and watch tv. They do NOT have a key.

This was one of the things I hated most about apartments, now we have to have it happening in houses, too?!

This is like the 4th time it's happening to one of my sims. And it's all been different sims coming in!!
p8L4V6v.png

Comments

• BambooramBambooram Posts: 222 Member
    I’m having the same issue. It sucks even more cause people come when my sim is sleeping - so i can’t use ultra speed.
    HV83B28.png
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited November 2018
    I'm wondering if this is a bug with this latest patch. What is making me wonder this is because this happened to me, but it wasn't even on the same level as anything I have had in the past. I managed to get the sim out of my sim's home and locked the doors. but the problem was that sim just stood around the property, not on the property, but next to it. Even after passing out, getting totally filthy she still would not leave. I ended up going into manage worlds and moved her into another house in a different town than where my sim lives at. The sim I was having issues with lived right across the street from my sim.
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited November 2018
    Did you try adding the 'private home' trait? Locking doors? I hope it's not a new thing after the patch. That would be REALLY annoying. :/

@LaBlue0314 Ewwww... creepy. I had that happen once with the maintenance. It bugged out the whole lot. I think I had to move the family out and back in to fix it or something along that line. (Or moved them altogether.) Yup, I really hope this will not be a new 'thing' after reading you guys' posts...
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited November 2018
    I had that problem with one Sim when I first started my game (right after the patch I started a new game). She did leave on her own and not spend the night, but she came over every single day and just let herself in. I gave her a key...and then she stopped coming every day (still every few days though).

My original plan was to take the key back after a day or two, to see if that corrected her automatic-entry thing...but instead my Sim ended up marrying her and now she lives there for real.

Worth mentioning that the one I had a problem with was from a completely different neighborhood (San Myshuno, my Sim lives in Willow Creek). I only had the issue with the one Sim though, not several like you @ChelleJo.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • CogshellCogshell Posts: 164 Member
    I have that problem and it is very annoying. Also I hate how whenever I invite over a sim they just walk right in instead of knock or wait to be invited inside. :|
    ZnG1wMG.png
  • cabx88cabx88 Posts: 20 Member
    Same here - I thought it was because I had a decent relationship with them. I never gave them a key either. Also, the butler hasn't been dismissing visitors either even with the option checked.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    I had that problem with one Sim when I first started my game (right after the patch I started a new game). She did leave on her own and not spend the night, but she came over every single day and just let herself in. I gave her a key...and then she stopped coming every day (still every few days though).

My original plan was to take the key back after a day or two, to see if that corrected her automatic-entry thing...but instead my Sim ended up marrying her and now she lives there for real.

Worth mentioning that the one I had a problem with was from a completely different neighborhood (San Myshuno, my Sim lives in Willow Creek). I only had the issue with the one Sim though, not several like you @ChelleJo.

Blimey.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    Try locking your front door for household members only. You'll have to unlock the door when your sim invites friends over though.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    You can now get sims barging in if your sim starts leveling up in fame - they just send a message about how They Knew Your Sim When and then invite themselves over. It's annoying, which I think is the idea. However, if they're just walking in without that prerequisite and without a key, that seems buggy.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I've only had it with the sim I gave a key to, but she also cleans the toilet and mops up puddles, so I don't mind. But she did get annoyed when my sim ignored her while playing the guitar for hours, lol
  • mistwolf7mistwolf7 Posts: 78 Member
    You can now get sims barging in if your sim starts leveling up in fame - they just send a message about how They Knew Your Sim When and then invite themselves over. It's annoying, which I think is the idea. However, if they're just walking in without that prerequisite and without a key, that seems buggy.

I like the idea of a sim being like "hey, we were friends before you were famous so we're cool, right?" and them showing up at the front door and knocking or texting my sim to go hang out. I just hate that you get that notification and then like 15 sim minutes later they're in your sim's house on the computer. I wish they would at least knock.
  • EllaMauii248EllaMauii248 Posts: 2 New Member
    I know how annoying this can be lol. Just lock the door for only your sims household and they'll probably stop.
  • Jdw3791Jdw3791 Posts: 2 New Member
    Since i updated my game in July sims just walk in my house and i have private dwelling on there but i literally have to lock my doors for them to stop! So annoying
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    For the longest I had a random barista novel stand outside my Sims house every time I loaded up my game. It’s gone now but that’s the only thing that’s happened to me like this.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    This is happening a lot on the Island, if you have a ladder they just come up and on in, without knocking and use what they want
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    This is still happening, it was supposed to have been fixed in a patch, but obviously it's broken again. I just want NPC's to rack off and leave my poor sim alone, instead of waltzing into her house like it's a community lot and using her bookcase, eating her food and watching her T.V.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Bassman65Bassman65 Posts: 4 New Member
    One of my sims, who is a vampire I based off of Pam from True Blood, just take the attitude that they want to be food, so she just deep drains them when they walk in uninvited. She also has Nisa's Black Widow trait, so they get that treatment as well.
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top