Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Keep Getting Robbed

I just started a new save to get a challenge done. I’m doing the law enforcement one and i got robbed twice in one week. To be honest i find it amusing and annoying at the same time. I never got robbed so frequently. In total in all three saves i have combined i have had a total of 4 robberies happen. Its rare but for me it doent seem like it.

Comments

• CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Was he wearing a black mask and striped shirt with a black wool cap??

Wasn't me

MR9r9wI.gif
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • FiresinopaFiresinopa Posts: 32 Member
    Lol this is hilarious
  • Pinky7797Pinky7797 Posts: 83 Member
    Was he wearing a black mask and striped shirt with a black wool cap??

Wasn't me

MR9r9wI.gif

She was lol and both times were girls. Different people.

• Pinky7797Pinky7797 Posts: 83 Member
    Firesinopa wrote: »
    Lol this is hilarious

Same here but cmon i literally have nothing of value my sim is a poor fella
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited November 2018
    In the xml-file 'Burglar' in GameplayData.package (I'm not sure this is the correct or only place to look), some interesting things can be found (vanilla):
    Chance of burglar spawn is 0.025, max 0.1. (Does not seem tied to amount of money in household).
    Max NPC in burglar pool are 2, and the game tries to send the same NPC to a specific household.
    Relationships required with burglar to prevent them to show up is 'value="75" '.

And: ' kSimoleansForOnePercentIncrease value="20000" '.
    For each added sum of 20000 simoleans an extra 1% chance of getting robbed? (Please correct). That is, once the household has stuff including the house etc worth 20000. That sum is easily reached early in a save, even in a bad house with low income.

Sorry about my unstructured answer but I am trying to understand this myself.

It seems a little odd that you had two different robbers, but if you befriend them that would perhaps solve the problem, if it is one :smiley:
    I know I have, especially when in households with lots of stuff.

The last time I was robbed was when dirt poor and the burglar took my stereo while playing music and it got stuck in family inventory when returned by the police, so I had to take everything out of inventory and then choose 'sell all' - and redo the upgrade on a new stereo..

Enough to compensate is that it in the xml states that this NPC-service costs nothing. :smiley:
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I usually get robbed within the first week of playing the game. Then once I can afford an alarm, I never get robbed again.

I have games going on several sim years and have never been robbed.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    The sims in my current game haven't been robbed in a while (now watch it happen the next time I play). The one time they did, though, was when Nathan took Paulina to the hospital to have the twins. I've never killed off or TA'd a sim for revenge (only glitches and the occasional test that I don't save), but that's as close as I ever came.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Both of my adult Sims have the Brave trait, and one of my kids does (I let the other be Athletic, instead). A burglar appeared on my lot last night, and while the kids stayed in bed (the burglar never made it to the door to set off the alarm), my adults lined up to Fight!

Teague - who is the actual cop, as well as my Werewolf, and Lvl 10 in Athletics - got to the burglar first, and won the fight. Sadly, the burglar then ran away, before Ean could get his 2 cents in, either fighting, or with a curse,

This is this household's second break in, in maybe 4 in-game weeks, and the first where I was able to put their Brave ability to apprehend burglars to use. On neither occasion was anything actually stolen.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I used to not bother with burglar alarms for brave sims, but then one day a couple of years ago, a burglar came to one of my brave sims' houses. He got inside and actually stole something before my brave sim got to him. Even though my sim beat him up, he still ran off with my sim's computer. So now my brave sims get burglar alarms too.