Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Influencer career and social media

I thought that with the new ep you got the acting career and the influencer one but i can’t seem to find the influencer one anywhere or is it just the style influencer? And also i think its a bug but the social media career has dissapeared it’s not in the job panel anymore

Comments

• roflmaoxsarahroflmaoxsarah Posts: 4,132 Member
    edited November 2018
    If I am not mistaken, there’s actually an influencer perk that your sim can get through fame points, that may be what you’re looking for? If that was what you were talking about initially then nevermind! I think my muse has it but I haven’t tried it out yet. One of my sims did get offered a social media career of sorts when one sim called mine and offered the job at a higher rank. I think the social media career ended up being apart of an existing career though I forgot which!
  • rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    If I am not mistaken, there’s actually an influencer perk that your sim can get through fame points, that may be what you’re looking for? If that was what you were talking about initially then nevermind! I think my muse has it but I haven’t tried it out yet. One of my sims did get offered a social media career of sorts when one sim called mine and offered the job at a higher rank. I think the social media career ended up being apart of an existing career though I forgot which!

No not the perk but an actual job i thought we got two of them but it looks like we only got acting? And about the social media career from city living it would be really weird of they took that out i
  • roflmaoxsarahroflmaoxsarah Posts: 4,132 Member
    edited November 2018

No not the perk but an actual job i thought we got two of them but it looks like we only got acting? And about the social media career from city living it would be really weird of they took that out i

I know it exists since my sim got offered the job title via phone! It may be a glitch then if you don’t see it?

edit: turns out it is main career path
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    There is only the acting career. There is no influencer career (unless you make your sim self-employed).
    There is a media production skill, that sims can use to become influencers by recording videos and remixing music. If they want to earn more fame and money from it, there is an influencer branch in the fame perks.
    The social media career stays in City Living and won't require media production skill to get promotions. Fortunately, all the interactions that this career unlocks gains your sim fame and there are chance cards that can gain your sims fame.
  • marinapjanicmarinapjanic Posts: 109 Member
    Actual jobs are style influencer and actor
    But you can be self-employed and make and post videos on video station, or make and produce music on music station.
    You can earn money and fame that way and become an influencer and dont have to go to acting career
  • rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    Actual jobs are style influencer and actor
    But you can be self-employed and make and post videos on video station, or make and produce music on music station.
    You can earn money and fame that way and become an influencer and dont have to go to acting career
    Thanks so much for clarifying
  • LeiaLeia Posts: 61 Member
    The new 'Fashion Career' though has a task to 'update social media status' but that's not possible anymore as I can see... How do I fulfill that daily task :neutral: ?
  • KhariiKharii Posts: 66 Member
    Leia wrote: »
    The new 'Fashion Career' though has a task to 'update social media status' but that's not possible anymore as I can see... How do I fulfill that daily task :neutral: ?

I have the option on the first tab of my cell phone. That and updating Simstagram. Hope this helps!
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Leia wrote: »

My Sim is in the Style Influencer career. If you have a computer in the home, the option should also be on there too.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I thought that with the new ep you got the acting career and the influencer one but i can’t seem to find the influencer one anywhere or is it just the style influencer? And also i think its a bug but the social media career has dissapeared it’s not in the job panel anymore

The fashion career has two branches, trend setter and style influencer that might be what you are thinking. I haven’t gotten far enough to tell the difference between the two branches yet. Acting only has one branch, kind of a bummer, they could have split it into acting and directing.

Social media is still there in my game. I have two different computers I play on and sometimes when switching from one to the other some of my packs will un-install. (No idea why) maybe double check and make sure you still have city life installed.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    hmae123 wrote: »

The fashion career has two branches, trend setter and style influencer that might be what you are thinking. I haven’t gotten far enough to tell the difference between the two branches yet. Acting only has one branch, kind of a bummer, they could have split it into acting and directing.

Social media is still there in my game. I have two different computers I play on and sometimes when switching from one to the other some of my packs will un-install. (No idea why) maybe double check and make sure you still have city life installed.

The career itself is called style influencer and the branches are stylist and trend setter.