Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims aged up by 40 days after new patch.

I know I made a post about this recently but I wanted to make this clear and see if anyone else experienced this specifically. After updating and installing GF I opened my game and clicked new game as I always do with anew pack to see the new items in CAS. After this I left CAS without saving and entered my old save and paused the game. Went through the UI to see the new stuff when I noticed my sis had aged by 40 days without ever entering CAS.

I applied the new mod fix and that only made age 36 days instead of 40.

I guess I either have to see if EA's fix fixes my problem or I will have to give everyone a youth potion and deal with the annoyance.

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @06Bon06, not sure if this is related, but just so you know, the aging bug affects the whole household. One Sim goes into CAS and ever sim in the household ages. Also, going into CAS even from the town view mode will cause the aging.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @06Bon06, not sure if this is related, but just so you know, the aging bug affects the whole household. One Sim goes into CAS and ever sim in the household ages. Also, going into CAS even from the town view mode will cause the aging.

I didn't take any of my sims in my household or save file into CAS. The only time I used CAS was from the main menu. SO that shouldn
    t have aged them :/

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @06Bon06, Heh...It would suck if it did even there! O.O
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • LadyLakewoodLadyLakewood Posts: 16 Member
    It does it... even there. The bug is in the patch, I don't have GF yet. I updated one sim, in a solo household, via the Household Manager and everyone sim in my save was effected. In that particular save aging is set to "off", and none of the sims in it have ever aged... but their age progression bars showed anywhere from a couple of days, to a third of a lifestage gone. Messy and annoying. :/
    It does it... even there. The bug is in the patch, I don't have GF yet. I updated one sim, in a solo household, via the Household Manager and everyone sim in my save was effected. In that particular save aging is set to "off", and none of the sims in it have ever aged... but their age progression bars showed anywhere from a couple of days, to a third of a lifestage gone. Messy and annoying. :/

Wow! But mine wasn't in household manager. I started a new game to look at the CAS stuff. :/

I hate it because after my sims married they were days away from aging to adults so I aged them down to YA, moved them and a while later they had twins. Now if I age everyone down the agedifferences will not be the same anymore :(
    Yuck, sorry about that. I got lucky that the only save I've even opened is my construction save, which is a never aging Nirvana for the sims that live there. It's basically 95% YA's on their first day of that life stage. SO in a way, it was a good test group for the bug, as I can see the distribution of the error. (news flash - it's ALL of them, and it's randomly weird)
    I think it's noteworthy that as I've opened the different houses, the sims have been in some crazy places... one was at work at the science lab on a non-workday and after hours. ?? One was at home, but trapped between some furniture and the wall in an inaccessible space (like he had to glitch there, couldn't have walked). Another pair were in their home neighborhood in San Myshuno, but the game said they weren't "home" and we had to have a loading screen for them to return to their apartment. Strange stuff like that...
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Bon, is this happening when you pull out the whole Mods folder and delete localthumbcache too?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Yuck, sorry about that. I got lucky that the only save I've even opened is my construction save, which is a never aging Nirvana for the sims that live there. It's basically 95% YA's on their first day of that life stage. SO in a way, it was a good test group for the bug, as I can see the distribution of the error. (news flash - it's ALL of them, and it's randomly weird)
    I think it's noteworthy that as I've opened the different houses, the sims have been in some crazy places... one was at work at the science lab on a non-workday and after hours. ?? One was at home, but trapped between some furniture and the wall in an inaccessible space (like he had to glitch there, couldn't have walked). Another pair were in their home neighborhood in San Myshuno, but the game said they weren't "home" and we had to have a loading screen for them to return to their apartment. Strange stuff like that...

Wow that is insane!
    Bon, is this happening when you pull out the whole Mods folder and delete localthumbcache too?

I took out the mods folder. I'll try deleting that cache and check again.
    Also, do a Game Repair! It's slow but worthwhile.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Mine is clean as a whistle. :/ No mods, CC, and an empty cache.
    Also, do a Game Repair! It's slow but worthwhile.
    I tried that. :(
    I also let the game create a whole new folder and just added my saves but no luck
    Sounds like very much time to zip up a save for QA and post to AHQ. Same for you, @LadyLakewood !
    I agree @luthienrising , I was just mulling that over. :) I'm also going to check one more thing first... I've seen one or two references to aging happening while in build mode. Can't speak to their credibility, but leave no stone unturned, right? ;) I know I fixed several of my sims whilst exploring the problem, then built for a while before exiting, so if those simmies are anything but day one YA - yikes! Off to check it out. Good luck to you all in navigating this mess till it's fixed. :)
    I agree @luthienrising , I was just mulling that over. :) I'm also going to check one more thing first... I've seen one or two references to aging happening while in build mode. Can't speak to their credibility, but leave no stone unturned, right? ;) I know I fixed several of my sims whilst exploring the problem, then built for a while before exiting, so if those simmies are anything but day one YA - yikes! Off to check it out. Good luck to you all in navigating this mess till it's fixed. :)

Just want to note that I haven't seen that in Build mode and I've been in it a lot. But good to be able to report what you can!
  • Iguess66Iguess66 Posts: 115 Member
    That sucks! Can't you de-age them though if you use cheats or maybe a mod? Not that you should have to, but it'd be a workaround.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Two of my toddlers just flipped birthdays! I aged a child up to teen, then made her a new outfit via the dresser. I had a boy toddler due to age up the following day & a girl toddler to age up a few days later, now the girl is going to age up the next day & the boy in a few days. And yet another toddler due to age up the following week, is now pushed back two weeks. I'm on long life, so a few birthdays shuffled around aren't going to hurt anything, but it still needs to be fixed.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
    Iguess66 wrote: »
    That plum! Can't you de-age them though if you use cheats or maybe a mod? Not that you should have to, but it'd be a workaround.

Yes I can with the potion of youth. I just wish I could get them to their exact age.
    ldmarko wrote: »
    Two of my toddlers just flipped birthdays! I aged a child up to teen, then made her a new outfit via the dresser. I had a boy toddler due to age up the following day & a girl toddler to age up a few days later, now the girl is going to age up the next day & the boy in a few days. And yet another toddler due to age up the following week, is now pushed back two weeks. I'm on long life, so a few birthdays shuffled around aren't going to hurt anything, but it still needs to be fixed.

It's an annoying bug. I play on long too but my YA just got ages all the way to 2 days away from adulthood. My twins aren't even twins anymore.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    This is why I have not touched my game since the patch and installing GF. I would rather wait and play when these bugs are fixed, than to go into my game and find my Sims aging out of my control.
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,224 Member
    I've only been in CAS with an existing household once since the patch. As far as I can tell, the bug didn't affect them. Maybe because one of the two was pregnant at the time, though more likely I just got lucky.
    image.png