Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Turned Off Fame & Getting Famous

Hi all,

I turned off autonomous fame in the game to avoid what used to happen to me in TS3 with random people becoming famous. Only problem is now I've used shift click to increase the fame of a new sim and her fame level still shows as Staying Out of the Spotlight. How do I get her famous?
Go Raptors!

Comments

• Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    If you go to the fame panel there is a toggle button at the bottom that lets you step in or out of the spotlight. Note though if your sim has any fame or reputation points, stepping out of the spotlight means they will lose all of it and have to start again if you decide to put her back in it.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    Selena_SouleSelena_Soule Posts: 438 Member
    Its also much more difficult to earn fame in sims 4 than in sims 3... outside of being top of certain careers (like chef... which makes sense since the final level of chef is like world renowned chef or something like that) you wont get fame for most of the things you do unless you are actively trying to get famous... only the fame from being at the top of certain careers would really get you famous without trying... not to mention the fact that fame goes down pretty quickly if your not continuously doing stuff in public or making videos ect. so normal sims probably wont get fame anyways regardless.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,958 Member
    If you want your sim to gain fame, just go to the fame panel (button with star with celebrity points next to it) and click on "Step Into the Spotlight". If you want your sim to lose all the fame they've collected, you can click on "Step Out the Spotlight" (if they have no perks). They will lose all the fame they've collected (the reputation stays same).
    It's actually very hard to gain fame. And it also goes down if your sim doesn't do any fame interactions. When you check the "All Sims Begin Opted Out of Fame" (The setting you've changed), all the sims who haven't earned any fame points will stay out of the spotlight so they won't get famous when you're playing with them (written in the description next to it. This description also tells what to do if you want your sim to get famous). No matter what, other sims outside the household won't gain or lose fame or reputation.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    If someone out there is playing the game with the “Get Famous” installed and famed turned off what is your experience of the game? Are there paparazzi in your save? Can you manually remove all famous sims and the game will not add new ones?

There are several things in this pack that I would be happy to have in my game but the fame system is not one of them. If anyone has information on this I would be very grateful.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    @SilentKitty

there will *always* be famous sims if you have any of the lot traits that require them. delete all 12 of the original famous townies and the 5 randomly generated, the game will generate more the next time you go to a lot that has one of those traits, even if you have fame turned off. because the lot trait makes them a requirement, just like bars make bartenders a requirement

the same for paparazzi. if there's a famous sim in the game, paparazzi will be spawned. but you don't have to interact with any of them. famous sims and paparazzi don't detract from anything. usually they'll be in some corner of a building and just kind of mill about amongst themselves. with fans around, but sims can go do whatever they want. or specifically, whatever you want them to do

try removing the fame-related lot traits on all the lots in del sol valley and see if celebs are still showing up. but also remember to delete everyone that's famous (i've given the names of the 12 premades elsewhere. only 5 of those are housed. and there are also 5 randomly generated famous townies with no careers if you go to a lot with one of those fame-related traits)
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    @SilentKitty

there will *always* be famous sims if you have any of the lot traits that require them. delete all 12 of the original famous townies and the 5 randomly generated, the game will generate more the next time you go to a lot that has one of those traits, even if you have fame turned off. because the lot trait makes them a requirement, just like bars make bartenders a requirement

the same for paparazzi. if there's a famous sim in the game, paparazzi will be spawned. but you don't have to interact with any of them. famous sims and paparazzi don't detract from anything. usually they'll be in some corner of a building and just kind of mill about amongst themselves. with fans around, but sims can go do whatever they want. or specifically, whatever you want them to do

try removing the fame-related lot traits on all the lots in del sol valley and see if celebs are still showing up. but also remember to delete everyone that's famous (i've given the names of the 12 premades elsewhere. only 5 of those are housed. and there are also 5 randomly generated famous townies with no careers if you go to a lot with one of those fame-related traits)

Thank you @kalaksed. Now I will just wait for the age-bug to be sorted out first.
  • Options
    Juicebox88Juicebox88 Posts: 3 New Member
    I did the cleanse but she still does that annoying slow walk and now the option to use the normal walk style is gone, how do I change it back to normal? Is that possible?
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    The celebrity system is different in S4 than the one in S3. Only sims that you play will gain fame as you play them. If you rotate to another household, the first household will not gain or lose fame. Everyone will not become famous overnight and you won't become famous by meeting a famous sim. If you want top lay a household that will not become famous, but be an average, everyday household, you may opt that household (alone) out of gaining any fame. There is a button in the FAME INFO area that allows a household to opt out of fame altogether.

If you turned fame off in the game options menu, none of your sims will gain any fame ever, until you turn it back on via the game options.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    The celebrity system is different in S4 than the one in S3. Only sims that you play will gain fame as you play them. If you rotate to another household, the first household will not gain or lose fame. Everyone will not become famous overnight and you won't become famous by meeting a famous sim. If you want top lay a household that will not become famous, but be an average, everyday household, you may opt that household (alone) out of gaining any fame. There is a button in the FAME INFO area that allows a household to opt out of fame altogether.

If you turned fame off in the game options menu, none of your sims will gain any fame ever, until you turn it back on via the game options.

Unless that is, you play with them to make them famous.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I agree with @Dannydanbo & @paradiseplanet 💯. The fame system is designed to give the player complete control over how many Sims become famous and how quickly. Even if you want fame, it doesn't happen super quickly. You have to work for it, unless you use a cheat. Which I find to be pretty realistic.