Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Uploading to Simstagram...

I've done a thorough search through the forum to find any similar topics but aside a brief mention I haven't seen anyone else posting about this type of 'problem'.
Am I the only one who seems to keep uploading pictures to Simstagram but fame isn't rising at all anymore after the first star? Please do tell if I'm missing something or I'm naively thinking gaining fame is so easy :P

Also, I noticed that after taking a picture, you HAVE TO place it in the world to upload it to Simstagram... I find this a little bit silly and wondering if anyone else is in with me on this. Having to place pictures on the walls just to upload them to Simstagram is a bit of a hassle.

Not complaining though, just mentioning and wondering if anyone is having the same problems/thoughts :) I'm loving Get Famous though.

Comments

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Leia wrote: »
    I've done a thorough search through the forum to find any similar topics but aside a brief mention I haven't seen anyone else posting about this type of 'problem'.
    Am I the only one who seems to keep uploading pictures to Simstagram but fame isn't rising at all anymore after the first star? Please do tell if I'm missing something or I'm naively thinking gaining fame is so easy :P

Also, I noticed that after taking a picture, you HAVE TO place it in the world to upload it to Simstagram... I find this a little bit silly and wondering if anyone else is in with me on this. Having to place pictures on the walls just to upload them to Simstagram is a bit of a hassle.

Not complaining though, just mentioning and wondering if anyone is having the same problems/thoughts :) I'm loving Get Famous though.

The fame you get from posting to simstagram is fairly negligible, but it's there, because if my sim keeps doing it very regularly he doesn't lose to much fame between gigs. If he doesn't however .. :D
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited November 2018
    Also, I find that the more complex the work (if it has a +fame rating), the more fame they get from it. Simstagram takes a few secs, so the fame count goes up by almost nothing. My developer sim, however, worked on her new game for two-three days, as it builds so, so slowly, but she did get a one-star fame rating out of it! So now she's finally on her way to becoming the famous dev she was always meant to be :naughty:

Same for posting videos you took a while to make and edit and add transitions to, they also give you more fame than simstagram, etc. So as far as I can tell, the complexity of the task partially defines how much fame you get from it :)

(But truth be told, because it takes quite a bit of time and effort to raise fame, and because some of my sims should've been famous ages ago, I just gave them up to 3 stars for "free" (because, let's face it, my well-published archaeologist who's married to the previous owner of one of my most successful restaurants, spent half her life in the jungle and even more time working for the museum should've been famous a long time ago :) I don't play her that actively though).)