Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Research angry emotion

In the acting career you have 3 tasks to do to prep for your job. Everything is self explanatory and relatively easy to accomplish, but this one Research Angry Emotion isn't working out for me. You're supposed to get into an angry mood and complete mean interactions. I have done this on several sims, but the task isn't updated. It has also messed with my reputation 🤨...Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited November 2018
    You need to click your sim, use the "Research Angry Emotion" interaction, and it'll put a moodlet on your sim. While that moodlet is active, your sim needs to perform mean interactions.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • NichuNichu Posts: 35 Member
    In addition to @Cupid .... taking an angry poop counts for the task. :D
    Simmer since 2000
    Origin ID: yieunn
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    Yep I've already done that, wondering i need to repair my game again.
  • Superwoman23Superwoman23 Posts: 1 New Member
    This doesn’t work for my sim at all. Tried everything, Is it because my sim has the emotional control trait ? If so that needs to be fixed 🙄
  • IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    I'm not sure if you even need to use the particular Moodlet you get from Researching Angry Emotion, but you do have to have Anger as your active emotion.

I'm not sure how the emotional control trait works, since I don't have Parenthood yet, but does that keep you from getting Angry, period?

Because from what I've tried, you need to be in the Angry emotion, and perform interactions that have a the interaction name with a red-colored segment on the left side.

And to get this done without ruining your friendships/reputation, do object-based interactions.
    Thinks like taking an Angry Poop can work, but so does Kicking a trash bin, trying to calm yourself down in the mirror works too.
    But the big detail of this is you only get credit for this if you're STILL angry by the time those interactions get completed.
    So say you use the mirror to calm yourself down. Make sure you cancel the action ASAP, so you lose the least amount of time on the moodlet.
    If you actually finishing calming yourself down, it won't count for credit.

I'm not sure if EVERY red-labeled interaction counts, but if it did, you could probably also do non-mean Angry interactions like Frenzied Kiss.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    This doesn’t work for my sim at all. Tried everything, Is it because my sim has the emotional control trait ? If so that needs to be fixed 🙄

That wouldn't be the reason. My sim had it as well and was able to do it just fine.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    the good news is you can find rooms full of emotional paintings on the gallery. some mix them up to give you one or two of each, some just go ahead and give you 5-16 that boost the same emotion. so, pick a room, plop it somewhere, have the sim surrounded by the paintings so they'll get access to the emotional interactions, then either sell or store the paintings and your sim will be back to normal
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I clicked Research Angry Emotion and got the moodlet but doing angry thing did nothing. Then I noticed that, while having that moodlet, my sim would suddenly get angry (his portrait turned red and said ANGERY) and I could do anything with a red tab attached to it. But the I think the key is to be away from other things that override that emotion like inspired. My sim needed to be fine for the moodlet to take effect.
  • blacklavouxblacklavoux Posts: 2 New Member
    You need to make an enemy with someone first. Then just be mean and the points are up
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    One of my sims painted an angry painting . I got my actress sim to view it and she would get angry. Then she would kick the garbage can . This needs to be done 4 times.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • KalopsianDreamerKalopsianDreamer Posts: 183 Member
    I've found that buying a children's toy bear etc works, as then you can punch it without damaging your reputation due to being mean to actual sims.
    ĆØΜ€ ŦØ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř - ΜØŦĦ€Ř ĆΔŁŁŞ ¥ØỮ ĦØΜ€
    That's a great idea @KalopsianDreamer . Better than kicking the garbage can .
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    Frn0731 wrote: »
    That's a great idea @KalopsianDreamer . Better than kicking the garbage can .

But then you get a bad friendship with the stuffed animal. :cry:
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    None of the mood tasks ever worked for me, so I don't bother with those anymore. Especially when my sim's got a sh*tload of other moods already.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    Vampires seem to help with negative moods as well, so that is also something to try if you haven't already.
  • MRSMEADOWBROOKMRSMEADOWBROOK Posts: 59 Member
    They can't get angry before their gig because there are too many emotions in the queue. It sometimes takes Sims' days, that sucks. How does one get rid of 'excellent meal', 'beautifully decorated', happy, etc.? It doesn't even work for Judith Ward (who is 'mean') because beating people up gives her 'confidence' for eight hours. The emotion thing is out of control on Sims 4 (November 2018), EA, please adjust it. It is a bummer that a Sim who should be going to work 'confident', is confident and paints a 'confident' painting and ends up going to work 'inspired' instead of 'confident'. It's over-the-top and too much.
    The elixer from the science career helps a bit but I have the same problem , with great meal , nicely decorated....blah blah blah. You have to constantly hit 'research anger' to make sure it stays in queue.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    one thing i tend to do is make sure there's a room or spot in the yard with zero decor, that way you can send your actor there to get rid of all the 'nicely/beautifully decorated' moodlet issues

but the other happy moodlets are a bit more work to deal with, and mostly come down to timing now. make sure they don't eat anything, let the other moodlets drop, don't let all their motives get too high or too low... a balancing act, which we haven't really had to deal with in the game before, and it really shows.

i do also make judicious use of cowplant essences now, too. thankfully one of my households sells those in their shop
  • dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    My Sim is "Cheerful" and "Good." I finally just gave up on this task. (Too frustrating) It doesn't seem to have have done her career any harm.

I'm not very ambitious for my Sims, so I rarely complete career tasks.
  • CellardwellerCellardweller Posts: 92 Member
    I had mine "Research angry emotion" then go to the computer and "Troll teh forums" and it put him in an angry enough mood to complete the task by having him troll about 3 times.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2019
    I had mine "Research angry emotion" then go to the computer and "Troll teh forums" and it put him in an angry enough mood to complete the task by having him troll about 3 times.

Once all this is done for the career, does this change your Sim's autonomous behaviour with their own personality to where they go troll the forums or do mean intereactions such as a good Sim then becomes a troll and does mean introductions etc. all the time as they did when the game first game out? I was just wondering if it's worth it, causing a Sim who hasn't been trolling forums or mean interactions into doing these on their own more often when not in the career later?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CellardwellerCellardweller Posts: 92 Member
    @Cinebar I don't know yet if it's going to have long term effects. He's a "good" Sim with a great reputation & I had to kind of force him to repeat the action to satisfy the requirements for the gig. So far so good tho. I'll let you know if he turns into a jerk LOL!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    @Cinebar I don't know yet if it's going to have long term effects. He's a "good" Sim with a great reputation & I had to kind of force him to repeat the action to satisfy the requirements for the gig. So far so good tho. I'll let you know if he turns into a plum LOL!

Thank you, because I had a good Sim a few years ago who I couldn't make stop doing all that stuff. I would hate to think the career would force them into doing all that stuff on their own again.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited January 2019
    With my first sim I got them angry and fighting with other sims, but then my actress got the bad reputation, which I did not want, so with my second sim. I made a little corner with a big bin and placed 3 angry paintings above it. I had her stand there, that would give her the angry moodlet, then I had her kick the bin over, stomp in the rubbish and then pick it all up and repeat..... Wolla all completed and no a bad reputation anywhere :D;) And once you completed it just place the paintings in your buy inventory and instant angry moodlet dissapears :D
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    If their logic is high enough, does ranting logically count, I wonder? That usually doesn't get too many Sims mad.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top