Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Aged rapidly

My sims on long life span were about halfway through until I patched now my YA sims are at the end and no longer age on the same day and their twin children have different birthdays.

Anyone else experience this? Is there a way to not age them back to the beginning of the life stage and just to about the middle? I use MCCC

Comments

• MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    I heard that's a current bug that's been going on.

Just, basically keep your sims out of CAS for now, it will age the entire household by some days, no matter whether you got aging turned off or not. Yeah, this bug is a nasty one. I hope they release a hotfix soon.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    That I don't know. I did experience the CAS aging thing. I decided to write down the number of days each of my Sims in the household had. Then I took them into CAS. (There is a wedding coming up and I wanted them to wear certain outfits for it.) Once I finished up with the parents, the groom and his four siblings, I came back out of CAS. I went and checked how many days each Sim had left to their next age level. Everyone had aged with one exception,(I play on Long, as well), the groom! Happily, the most days aged was only five days. I have a tendency to age up my Sims when I deem it time, so I'm not terribly worried for this family. In fact, I may have run into another problem regarding the GF EP. My potential singer Sim is still a teen. Within half an hour of Real Time, playing my game, he earned his first star of Fame. He's a Notable Newcomer. I have watched as the star half-moon fills up and he's right on the crest of his second star. If after playing again later today, he doesn't achieve it, I may have to age him up to YA. He is the second eldest offspring in the family, after all. There may be some blocks on what he can achieve as a teen. Don't know for sure.

Did you make sure to back up your game saves prior to installing the expansion pack? If so, back up the back-up and then see if the same thing happens with the second version.

@rosemow is this a bug?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    I heard that's a current bug that's been going on.

Just, basically keep your sims out of CAS for now, it will age the entire household by some days, no matter whether you got aging turned off or not. Yeah, this bug is a nasty one. I hope they release a hotfix soon.

I know about that one but I haven't even taken my sims to CAS yet. Guess I'll just age them all down. I even went back to older saves and they are always near aging up.
    That I don't know. I did experience the CAS aging thing. I decided to write down the number of days each of my Sims in the household had. Then I took them into CAS. (There is a wedding coming up and I wanted them to wear certain outfits for it.) Once I finished up with the parents, the groom and his four siblings, I came back out of CAS. I went and checked how many days each Sim had left to their next age level. Everyone had aged with one exception,(I play on Long, as well), the groom! Happily, the most days aged was only five days. I have a tendency to age up my Sims when I deem it time, so I'm not terribly worried for this family. In fact, I may have run into another problem regarding the GF EP. My potential singer Sim is still a teen. Within half an hour of Real Time, playing my game, he earned his first star of Fame. He's a Notable Newcomer. I have watched as the star half-moon fills up and he's right on the crest of his second star. If after playing again later today, he doesn't achieve it, I may have to age him up to YA. He is the second eldest offspring in the family, after all. There may be some blocks on what he can achieve as a teen. Don't know for sure.

Did you make sure to back up your game saves prior to installing the expansion pack? If so, back up the back-up and then see if the same thing happens with the second version.

@rosemow is this a bug?

I never back them up. I was going to this time but didn't. I did go back to my older saves of this family and always the same result. Even the dog is close to becoming an elder now.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,578 Member
    It may be related to you having MCCC mod in your game, although this may not be affecting other simmers in this way who are using this mod.
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Sim-ages-while-in-CAS/td-p/7167873
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    edited November 2018
    06Bon06 wrote: »

@rosemow is this a bug?

I never back them up. I was going to this time but didn't. I did go back to my older saves of this family and always the same result. Even the dog is close to becoming an elder now.

I've got another thought. Do you still have a back-up of your Sim family in your library? You know how you create them in CAS and then they put a copy of said family in My Library when you click on the check-mark? It would be very interesting to see if you install them into a NEW game save, if they're older, too. Yikes. If their children were born in-game, you could always recreate them via CAS using the genetics tool. It's worth a try to get them back to where they should be age-wise. What a nightmare.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Is there a way to not age them back to the beginning of the life stage and just to about the middle? I use MCCC
    Makeshift solution: potion of youth, then let them chill in CAS so they get a bit older again.
    Recycling bugs.
    happyopi wrote: »
    Is there a way to not age them back to the beginning of the life stage and just to about the middle? I use MCCC
    Makeshift solution: potion of youth, then let them chill in CAS so they get a bit older again.
    Recycling bugs.

That's a good idea. I'll try that XD.

So is anytime they go into CAS even when choosing a new outfit? Might work out then since I can try the new clothes and hair while aging them lol.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm also experiencing the aging bug. I'm playing what I consider a throw away save at the moment and keeping them out of CAS as much as possible. My main character is accumulating potions of youth too in case..
    egTcBMc.png
    It's really annoying now. I took them into CAS and only the mother aged. At this point I actually want to start a new game. I'm usually not to worried about age but I've been playing this game since March and I want my sims at their correct ages. I thought someone said the bug went away when installing GF. :/

@rosemow is this a bug?

I've got another thought. Do you still have a back-up of your Sim family in your library? You know how you create them in CAS and then they put a copy of said family in My Library when you click on the check-mark? It would be very interesting to see if you install them into a NEW game save, if they're older, too. Yikes. If their children were born in-game, you could always recreate them via CAS using the genetics tool. It's worth a try to get them back to where they should be age-wise. What a nightmare.

I only have a copy of the male sim. I was meaning to save them all to CAS in case this patch bugged my game out but I completely forgot. All my older saves do the same thing. My sims age to the end of the life span.

It is. I actually aged the couple down after they got married and then they had twins after that so my ages were all perfect and now it's a mess. My baby is also now aging up in a day.

Maybe I should make a back up and see their ages. Would be a little annoyed to even start a new save at this point. My sim has been friends with a townie since the beginning. Actually wondering why he isn't dead yet lom.
    In all my older saves they have ages up by at least 60 days.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    You've probably seen it but here

They are on it.. no date but I'm sure there will be a hotfix soon. I'm not ruining any long term saves over it personally. Still going to have fun though and hope it happens early next week.
    egTcBMc.png
    edited November 2018
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    You've probably seen it but here

They are on it.. no date but I'm sure there will be a hotfix soon. I'm not ruining any long term saves over it personally. Still going to have fun though and hope it happens early next week.

Ooo thanks! I don't really use twitter so I haven't seen it. I guess I'll start a new game for now and create a celebrity. Maybe work on their home and then go back to a save where I haven't save this mess yet and place it there.