Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The increase in quality since Basegame

I've realized I can not stand to use a lot of the basegame stuff because the quality is so much worse than the newer packs.

I saw this again while picking windows for a new build, I'm just happy the quality improved.

Pets window
vlXlArq.jpg

Base game window has much flatter textures
ypgtIZW.jpg

Comments

• AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I find a lot of items in the base game are somewhat unrealistic and out of style. As a result I tend to use the same objects over and over again.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    I kinda like there are various design/texture/quality styles. That way it's possible to create distinct quarters giving a different vibe without being too bold.

still hoping for a "poor, bad and ugly" stuff pack, though, packed with trash. Filthy furniture, cheap designs, poor clothing, tasteless clutter, etc :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I kinda like there are various design/texture/quality styles. That way it's possible to create distinct quarters giving a different vibe without being too bold.

still hoping for a "poor, bad and ugly" stuff pack, though, packed with trash. Filthy furniture, cheap designs, poor clothing, tasteless clutter, etc :)

Yup I liked when they did that with some of the CL stuff. In case you're not aware there is a carpet in the new pack that has a worn out look. I love it.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Oh yeah, I hate most if the base game stuff.

But the sims 3 was the same way. When you compared base game sims 3 hairs and furniture to some of the stuff in island paradise and into the future, it was incredibly noticeable the difference in quality.

It only makes sense that as time goes on they get better at their tools and making new assets.

The hairs lately compared to base game are the biggest difference for me.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png

But the sims 3 was the same way. When you compared base game sims 3 hairs and furniture to some of the stuff in island paradise and into the future, it was incredibly noticeable the difference in quality.

It only makes sense that as time goes on they get better at their tools and making new assets.

Yup the sims 3 base game stuff was also pretty awful. I'm so happy the quality improves like it does. Can't imagine if the stuff we got now still looked like that.

Yup the hair is a huge difference. I hated the clay hair at first but now I don't mind it since it it is made very well with loads of detail. I just really noticed the difference yesterday when I was deciding between windows.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »

Yup the sims 3 base game stuff was also pretty awful. I'm so happy the quality improves like it does. Can't imagine if the stuff we got now still looked like that.

Yup the hair is a huge difference. I hated the clay hair at first but now I don't mind it since it it is made very well with loads of detail.
    I just really noticed the difference yesterday when I was deciding between windows.

This latest update is making me consider giving up alpha custom hair since it's all borked now.
    Clay hair styles look much better now and it's why I am now considering tossing my CC.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Proof complaining about textures works? :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CogshellCogshell Posts: 164 Member
    I also notice this in clothing too. I put on one of the new tops from the latest and was astonished at it's quality and how real it looked.
    ZnG1wMG.png
    Cogshell wrote: »
    I also notice this in clothing too. I put on one of the new tops from the latest and was astonished at it's quality and how real it looked.

Me too! I love the new stuff from GF. One of my favorites is the apocalypse type clothing, all the detail on it. To think the earlier stuff was mostly flat and I tried not to look at it too much.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I notice a big difference from beginning to now too and I like it!
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Big difference yes. But I still like many of the old school stuff from launch.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

I'd love to seem some of it updated, though!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

Me too! I love the new stuff from GF. One of my favorites is the apocalypse type clothing, all the detail on it. To think the earlier stuff was mostly flat and I tried not to look at it too much.

I love most of the new clothing for story telling. Only problem is its locked behind a career.

Can we get a show career objects in cas cheat anytime soon? :D
    Going back though, specifically the doors and windows are atrocious in base game. Thr recolors they have are too few and too ugly.

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

I'd love to seem some of it updated, though!
    That would be awesome. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,847 Member
    I think about this a lot I still like some base game stuff but sometimes looking at the newer items makes it hard to keep a house with those items and on sims the clothing....but it's nice to have to look for yourself to see how things have improved I don't know if it would ever happen..but I'd like to see the old stuff get a touch up.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    I would love it if they updated the new stuff. some of the male hairs are pretty nice but the quality is just soo bad.
  • SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    It would be cool if they went back and updated the base game textures and brought them to 2018. I do agree it can be tough to use just those when you have better options out there.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Yeah, going back and looking at items like the Rocket Ships ><

The difference between Base Game and OR was significant, but the huge jump in quality came with Spa Day and beyond I feel.
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member

I love most of the new clothing for story telling. Only problem is its locked behind a career.

Can we get a show career objects in cas cheat anytime soon? :D

Don't we have one of those? I don't remember what it is but I think we do have one.