Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ABC Achievement Challenge (Sims 4 Console)

CuteCoffeeGalCuteCoffeeGal Posts: 256 Member
One of my favorite things about playing on Xbox One is earning achievements, so I have created a challenge that will have you earn every single achievement for The Sims 4!

To view the full rules, including a printable chart to keep track of your progress, visit the Google doc at http://bit.ly/ABCachieve

The goal of this challenge is to get all of the achievements for The Sims 4 on console!
  • If more achievements are added with future packs, I will add those to these rules (and will note the date they were added).
  • If an achievement is added for a generation you have already finished, then you can complete that new achievement with your current generation.
  • If you have already earned an achievement from another game save, you must still complete the item again before advancing! The challenge is to do it all within the one save, so you’ve got to “earn” it again!
  • If you earn an achievement before it’s designated generation, then kudos to you! You still need to play that generation to get to 26 generations, but you don’t have to earn the achievement again.
No cheats are allowed because this negates your ability to earn achievements, which is the entire point!

Getting Started
  • Starting Sim: You can start with a single sim or a family, and your starting sim can be any age. It would be hard to get your Gen 1 achievements if you start with an elder . . . but maybe you’re up for that challenge?
  • Finances/House: Since there are no cheats, you start with the finances you get by default in the game. You can live in any world, and you can either start with a house, apartment, or empty lot - whatever you prefer!
  • Generations/Heirs: Each generation you should select one Sim to be your heir, and they will have children which will be the next generation.
    • The children can be biological, adopted, or a combination of the two.
    • If your heir dies before you have kids, then you must pick a sibling of theirs to be the new heir.
    • If your Sim dies before they complete their achievements, then their children must complete those achievements before completing their own! Yes, this means you may wind up with more than 26 generations if you are unlucky . . .
    • Tip: It is not required that you name your generations according to the alphabet (Gen 1 is A, Gen 2 is B, etc.), but it may be easier to keep track of things if you do!
  • Make It Harder:
    • You can play on any age length, but short would make this harder!
    • I matched up achievements that would likely be achieved together (max level Culinary career and max level Cooking skill, etc.). To make the challenge harder, mix up the achievements so that they are not paired with complementary items!
At the moment, there are 50 achievements for Xbox (for 1000 Gamerscore points) and 51 trophies for PS4 (an extra one for earning all the other trophies). Since one of these is to play a household for 26 generations, the achievements/trophies have been divided up among 26 generations. I recommend printing the table in the rules so that you can keep track of your progress!

I will be playing this challenge on my YouTube channel, check it out and some say hi!
#EAGameChanger on YouTube: Let's Plays, CAS, Speed Builds - I'm currently playing the Decades Challenge! https://www.youtube.com/c/CuteCoffeeGal
Gallery ID: CuteCoffeeGal
Twitter: @CuriousLindsey
Post edited by CuteCoffeeGal on

Comments

• Options
    The rules have been updated for PS4!!!
    #EAGameChanger on YouTube: Let's Plays, CAS, Speed Builds - I'm currently playing the Decades Challenge! https://www.youtube.com/c/CuteCoffeeGal
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Oh, my goodness. It was quite a feat for me getting them all the first time without having any extra rules. Good luck to you! (I think I got super lucky because I got triplets the first time I tried for it.)

Tips for anyone trying this: Keep a top notch writer in the house so you can summon ghosts rather than wait for them. That was the hardest achievement for me, and it would have been way, way easier if I knew how the reward trait for the writing aspiration worked. Also, make sure someone in the house is BFFs with the Sim before they die. >.<

Of course, now that romantic garden stuff is out for the console, I suppose one can also just harass the wishing well until you get some ghosts in your household.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    Awesome tips, thanks @katrinasforest!