Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you've discovered in Get Famous

Comments

• Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    Most of that I also figured out...but thank you anyways.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Little detail I wasn't paying attention to that I like. Signatures on celebrity autographs all of them won't always be the same.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Most of that I also figured out...but thank you anyways.

Feel free to add anything you noticed in the game as well.

It's easy to overlook stuff, especially when I'm having fun with the EP. :smile:
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    MrSunshine wrote: »
    > @IceyJ said:
    > alan650111 wrote: »
    >
    > IceyJ wrote: »
    >
    > Cupid wrote: »
    >
    > Vampires can get a bad reputation for feeding on people without permission (even if you do it in private :( )
    > And people will send you angry text messages about it.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Seriously? They said that when things are done in private, it's like it never happened. Should have to get caught before it affects reputation. I hope this is just a bug.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Perhaps the sim who was fed upon without permission told people and it hit the vampire's reputation? I actually don't mind this. Makes using that interaction into a risk! This is the kind of consequences the game needs!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's not exactly a risk though, if it happens every time. I'd be okay with it if there was only a small chance of the victim telling. Like maybe, a 5% chance.

However, if you think about it, if someone hypnotized me and drink my blood without my consent, I, too, would smear him :neutral:

But, how severe his reputation dropped? Can it be neutralized easily? What about force feeding in your home lot?
    I don't have GF yet so I want to know.

Yeah, but if you were hypnotized during the act, would you even know? >:)
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited November 2018
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Little detail I wasn't paying attention to that I like. Signatures on celebrity autographs all of them won't always be the same.

Now this, I like. I assumed there wouldn't be any detail, like the way the birth certificates are in GTW or the diplomas/skill certificates in TS3. I love it when items are all different, because it gives more incentive to collecting them. I can't wait to make a sim that earns a living from memorabilia.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    MrSunshine wrote: »
    > @IceyJ said:
    > alan650111 wrote: »
    >
    > IceyJ wrote: »
    >
    > Cupid wrote: »
    >
    > Vampires can get a bad reputation for feeding on people without permission (even if you do it in private :( )
    > And people will send you angry text messages about it.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Seriously? They said that when things are done in private, it's like it never happened. Should have to get caught before it affects reputation. I hope this is just a bug.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Perhaps the sim who was fed upon without permission told people and it hit the vampire's reputation? I actually don't mind this. Makes using that interaction into a risk! This is the kind of consequences the game needs!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's not exactly a risk though, if it happens every time. I'd be okay with it if there was only a small chance of the victim telling. Like maybe, a 5% chance.

However, if you think about it, if someone hypnotized me and drink my blood without my consent, I, too, would smear him :neutral:

But, how severe his reputation dropped? Can it be neutralized easily? What about force feeding in your home lot?
    I don't have GF yet so I want to know.

Yeah, but if you were hypnotized during the act, would you even know? >:)

This. It seemed silly to be shamed for something someone wouldn't have really known. There should be a small chance of a "backfire", but the Sim generally would not realize what had happened.

If you are only taking a small hit and it's easy and quick to rebuild what you lost, that's doable. I was worried this was one of those occasions the feature would be in hyperdrive.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I've saved time building by putting sets into large enough gardens and stealing the contents for my housebuilding. The Western set I made into a police station on the side of a lot and made bedrooms and bathrooms from another into three ensuite motel rooms with communal dining, kitchen and lounge areas.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Found a new invite event. Lucas was making abirthday cake to age up his toddler son, until his brother popped up asking about a talent show.
    HLSY4y1.png?1

SOOOOO I ditched (don't judge me) and we were at the lounge.

VFWku5e.png?1

You go to the bar and click on join 'open mic'. There's already a lot of sims there. Some seated in tables with a drink too as well as a sim already on the mic. This is great. Never seen the lounge quite as active like this.

j0i05Ou.png
    QN0asw5.png

If you have a instrument in your inventoy you can also enter the talent contest by playing it.

Cassandra whipped out her violin all of a sudden and started playing in the middle of the lounge and pretty much took the spotlight from Lucas. Rood.
    p4Wkgfi.png

Well up until Ocatvia Moon started dancing and got everyone's attention. Can't win for losing ):

That's amazing. A good reason to redo the lounges now. They used to be pretty boring.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    f7D5EI5.png
    Fanmail is very cute !
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    Vampires can get a bad reputation for feeding on people without permission (even if you do it in private :( )
    And people will send you angry text messages about it.

It's not a like the TS3 reputation ... is it?

Maybe someone can answer something for me. I've never been able to play in San Myshuno because it just seemed like more backdrop and inaccessible things than playable things. Is Del Sol any better with that? It'll make a difference if I buy it or not.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    edited November 2018
    Cupid wrote: »
    Vampires can get a bad reputation for feeding on people without permission (even if you do it in private :( )
    And people will send you angry text messages about it.

Maybe someone can answer something for me. I've never been able to play in San Myshuno because it just seemed like more backdrop and inaccessible things than playable things. Is Del Sol any better with that? It'll make a difference if I buy it or not.

Then you probably won't be able to play in DSV. :)

You may want to check it out for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPcHczh3kjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13OcFUdCTvs

And these threads:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/949915/the-lot-sizes-in-del-sol-valley-are-ridiculous/p1
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/949907/ea-should-seriously-edit-del-sol-valley/p1
  • Options
    Shinolite in the Crystal Helmet is instant refill of the bladder need. I don't want to know how.

I love that helmet why is no one talking about it ?
  • Options
    edited November 2018

It is not anything like how S3's reputation system was. Usually goes back who see's you do what in public with sims that are currently in the area. If memory serves me correctly I think you always get a negative relationship drop when feeding on said sim anyway and if that's the case I believe it does make sense. Said sim probably just goes and spreads it around that you drank their plasma without permission though they may want to tweak it slightly that there's an off chance they may not remember you doing so like if the sim gets a dazed moodlet after being bitten.

Depends on what you're looking for in Del Sol.

Anything interactive outside lots seems to be the celebrity tiles.

People have been complaining about the size of the world not having enough residential lots ( it 'looks' like there could have been room for at least one more residential lot in Del Sol or maybe two. The run down neighborhood seems so unique and I like the look. Less clean than San Mynshuno. I haven't complained with so much GP in here.) Though the smallest world of lots for EP's til this day is Get to Work with four. There's a lot of gameplay around the fame system and gameplay objects.

With the new object for the door to have a bouncer at it you can make special VIP sections or just an overall special exclusive lot for just celebrities. You can also schedule an celebrity meet and greet through events or one may pop up via a sim seeing a celebrity sighting.

Anything interactive outside lots seems to be the celebrity tiles the usual commercial spots (grills, public restrooms) and of course you have fans and papaprazii's about. The most interactive place to interact with a lot of things is going to be through the acting career.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    happyopi wrote: »
    Shinolite in the Crystal Helmet is instant refill of the bladder need. I don't want to know how.

I love that helmet why is no one talking about it ?

I saw it, but wasn't too sure what it was for. XD Was still confused by the description.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    You put a crystal in it, you wear the helmet, and it does ... different things, like removing negative moodlets (anger, for rose quartz) or filling needs I guess, I haven't tested much yet.

Your sim also gets embarassed if they're seen wearing the helmet in public.
    I don't know why it looks very fetching.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i haven't actually had a bunch of time to play get famous yet, only been going around putting various bb objects into different households in prep. like candy and yuki getting both of the new stations, all the aliens in futuristic housing getting the new sleeping pods and more, but the crystal helmet definitely caught my eye and was going to be something i tested thoroughly with the venatici household (since they've got a cloning machine and at least one of every crystal) once i took the time to actually start playing

thanks to the hidden traits thread, we know the helmet likely gives a temporary version of the night owl trait with one crystal, though. and thanks for beginning the list, @happyopi
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited November 2018
    Sims can whisper (gossip) about celebrities.

The animation is hilarious :lol:

281y5bn.png

2qtk6yb.png

You can also share excitement over Sim celebs. If you wanted you could make a couple of teenage girls fangirl over a Sim Justin Bieber :lol:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    @simgirl1010 Thanks for the videos. You're right, I probably won't like playing there.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    hyrulerose wrote: »
    This may be something that's been in other worlds in the past and I just never noticed, but there's an airport near the Mirage Park neighborhood of Del Sol Valley, and every so often you can hear (and see, in tab mode) a plane fly by above your house.
    YsZzO5m.jpg

Not exactly a groundbreaking discovery, but I thought it was a neat addition to the world. :)

I noticed that the travel icon use to be an airplane which now is a car. Perhaps it's a hint for next pack.
  • Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    Summoning grilled cheese (An interaction from completing the grilled cheese aspiration) helps build fame! :D

YiUmTeR.png
  • Options
    @cheesetruck Let's be real here...

Summon grill cheese IS something to be amazed by. :tongue: I'm finding this hilarious though.

WANNA SEE A MAGIC TRICK? *SUMMONS GRILLS CHEESE*
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    You can get your celebrity autographs appraised. A global celebrity's autograph can fetch up to §400 or more!

One of my sims can produce tracks on the Mix Master Music Station and she can send her music off to a record label. One day she was hanging out at the nightclub and one of her songs came on the radio!! I was shocked! She stopped, cheered and danced to her music! She also got a confident moodlet about her music playing on the radio and some fame!!

This is so awesome! :love:
    giphy.gif