Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Information on the issues with CC Hair since the November 13th Patch

Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
edited November 2018 in CAS Custom Content
This fix is no longer needed. The November 20th patch fixed all CC Hairs, Beards, Eyebrows and Eyes.

Source: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16828129/#Comment_16828129

_orangemittens_ wrote: »
I've found that alpha hairs (simglass shader) and EA-style hairs with custom swatches will not change colors in CAS if they are not enabled for random. I ran Studio's "Allow for random" on my CC hair folder, and with one exception all the hairs now switch swatches in CAS. I'm still looking into why the batch fix did not fix all hairs. I also did not try it on eyebrows or beards, so I don't know if it will work for that. People who have this issue could try the batch fix - if you don't like the result, you can always install the originals from the backup folder. The downside is that all the hairs fixed this way will now be available for random Sims.

Edit to add the download link for S4S http://sims4studio.com/thread/1523/downloading-sims-4-studio and the correct instructions.

After you install S4S choose "Content Management" from the menu at the top of the main page. Then choose "Batch Fixes"; "CAS"; "Allow CC For Random"; and "run". *NOTE* Only run this on your hair files. Running it on your entire Mods folder may cause purple mannequin people.

Orangemittens has discussed this issue with the Sims Gurus and they are looking into it as well.
Source:https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/951031/problems-with-custom-hair-swatches-after-the-nov-2018-patch#latest

SimguruModSquad:

Hi _orangemittens_

Thanks for the detailed description.

That was indeed unintended fallout from a bug fix. As you describe, hair that uses custom colors that are not flagged for random are broken.

There are so much hair CC out there, it’s obviously not good to break them. So I can’t make any guarantees, but we are investigating if we can make a reasonable fix. Stay tuned.

-SGMS

Post edited by Bananas_45 on

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Updated info from SimsGuruModSquad:

source: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16833431/#Comment_16833431

Update: We are testing a change that should correct this issue, at least all cases we are aware of.

This fix does not undo the eyebrow fix.

Can't give an eta, but we want to get it out sooner rather than later.

-SGMS
  • EllieLyne79_EllieLyne79_ Posts: 8 New Member
    can one of you please send me a link to the sims4studios batch fix cuz i can’t find it and i really need it thank you x
    @EllieLyne79_
    The solution is this: Download S4S, go to Content Management at the top, select Batch Fixes, then select CAS, then select "Allow For Random" and click on your hair folder or whatever folder you use to store your CC.

http://sims4studio.com/thread/1523/downloading-sims-4-studio
    thank you i am trying it right now and does it definitely work ? and do i have to click run?
    and it just finished but at the end it said no fix needed is that good or bad? does that mean it worked?
    can someone please help me with the batch fix cuz my hairs still don’t work
    ok it has now fixed SOME of my hairs but others just can’t be fixed would i need to re download them?
    @EllieLyne79_
    As it says in the first paragraph of this post the batch fix will not fix all hairs. You may have to wait until the SimsGurus release their patch for the rest of your hairs to work.
  • Phoebebun1Phoebebun1 Posts: 12 New Member
    is this a solution for creators to change their hairs, or a solution for players to get their hairs working again?
    Phoebebun1 wrote: »
    is this a solution for creators to change their hairs, or asolution for players to get their hairs working again?

It is a work around for players.
  • Dawne_art123Dawne_art123 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi. I was wondering why isn't any of my cc not showing up. Like, all of my cc was working perfectly fine yesterday before I downloaded some new cc and as soon as i put in that new cc, it just broke the rest of my cc. Let a lown all of my saved games ate gonw too. Help meeee!!!! Please.
    Hi. I was wondering why isn't any of my cc not showing up. Like, all of my cc was working perfectly fine yesterday before I downloaded some new cc and as soon as i put in that new cc, it just broke the rest of my cc. Let a lown all of my saved games ate gonw too. Help meeee!!!! Please.

@rosemow could you please help?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member

Hello @Dawne_art123
    Are your save game files still in your saves folder?
    If you move your whole mods folder to the desktop, then load the game, is a new mods folder generated in the sims 4 folder?
  • SimSamGuruSimSamGuru Posts: 4 New Member
    There is no Content Management, there's Animation, My Projects,Cas, Objects, Online Users Manual And Online Creator Support.
    I can't find it...
    Help...
    Please!!
    SimSamGuru wrote: »
    There is no Content Management, there's Animation, My Projects,Cas, Objects, Online Users Manual And Online Creator Support.

At the very top of the page, in the grey area above Animation and Build, in small letters, you should see File; Settings; Tools; Content Management; and Help
  • Naitomea_SimsNaitomea_Sims Posts: 5 New Member
    Thank you for the info. Will the S4S batch fix also work with merged packages?
    Thank you for the info. Will the S4S batch fix also work with merged packages?

It should.
  • Naitomea_SimsNaitomea_Sims Posts: 5 New Member
    Will try it tonight, thanks.
  • RockFairy42RockFairy42 Posts: 4 New Member
    So I did what Bananas_45 said at the top but now I can't create females in the sims! The females are purple faceless mannequin looking no matter what I do!
    So I did what Bananas_45 said at the top but now I can't create females in the sims! The females are purple faceless mannequin looking no matter what I do!

This happens when you run the batch fix on your entire mods folder and not just your hairs. To fix it, go the Sims 4 Studio folder and find the batch fix folder for Allow CC for Random folder with the date you ran it. The files inside are the original versions of your CC. Just cut and paste them to your Mods folder, allow them to override the batch fixed files. (or you can delete the files in your Mods folder except for the resource.cfg file before you paste.) Then move everything but your hairs to your desktop and run the batch fix again.
  • RockFairy42RockFairy42 Posts: 4 New Member
    I went back into S4S and clicked disallow CC for random and it fixed my create a female issue but now even more of the hair coloring doesn't work. :/
    I went back into S4S and clicked disallow CC for random and it fixed my create a female issue but now even more of the hair coloring doesn't work. :/

Take out everything but your hair, and run Allow CC for Random. The reason more of your hair is not working is that some of them were already enabled for random before you ran the original batch fix.