Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aging

do you guys have aging turned on or off for sims in the town that you aren’t controlling?

whilst your household aging is on

Comments

• james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    I turned the aging off for NPCS. The reason is if one of them ages you cant leave the house. Then you have to find the sim that aging up and reset that sim.
  • xingyicaicnxingyicaicn Posts: 170 Member
    I have aging on only for active played households, this way I have control over what sims should age. It’s more convenient story wise.
    H O P E H A S A P L A C E
  • shanls96shanls96 Posts: 321 Member
    this is what I was thinking xingyicaicn!

I’m in generation 5 or 6 now and most people are elder or ghosts.. and it just ruins the game a little for me

so do you just age people when you feel it’s neeeded?
  • I have one save file where I have all aging turned off and then others with only active household aging but in all of my saves I have non played sims aging on
  • xingyicaicnxingyicaicn Posts: 170 Member
    this is what I was thinking xingyicaicn!

I’m in generation 5 or 6 now and most people are elder or ghosts.. and it just ruins the game a little for me

so do you just age people when you feel it’s neeeded?

Yes, that’s exactly what I do ;)
    H O P E H A S A P L A C E
  • Kisetsu116Kisetsu116 Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone know how to get rid of grey hair on your sims? I have the aging off and it still did it? :/
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Kisetsu116 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to get rid of grey hair on your sims? I have the aging off and it still did it? :/

Have you tried the Cas.fulleditmode cheat? That will allow you to completely revamp whichever sim including traits.
  • AlisoxAlisox Posts: 1,640 Member
    I have it set so only the household I'm playing ages. I read that if you play for a long time (which I like to do because I'm a Legacy addict) the town sort of dries up and I didn't want to have to worry about that for a while.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Aging on only on the active/played household.. I'm going to marry off my non-heirs to the townies because I'm planning to 'invade' the Sims worlds with my Sims legacy generations... :D>:)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • vyvexthornevyvexthorne Posts: 66 Member
    I have aging on.. I simply create new sims and move them in to places if a household becomes empty.
  • StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    I think mine is off in both my save files at the moment. I like to take time to explore everything slowly and I like to do that with the same family I always play. I don't feel like they are ready to start having children yet and me moving on to the next generation.
  • Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    I switch.
    Mostly I have aging on long for active households and townies.
    But when I need more time or rotate a lot between households, aging will be off.
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    I've recently turned Auto-Aging off as I usually have Sims age up when I want them to. Also, recently one of my young adult Sims got married to an elderly woman and if Auto-Aging was on, their marriage wouldn't last long.
    2quwd7.gif

• Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    I turned all Sims' aging off. I wanted to be nice to the Grim Reaper (since I can't bang him) and give him a nice, long holiday.
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    I tend to turn aging off for all my saves. I am like @StevieJohn88 and prefer to take time to explore everything at a leisurely pace. If I want to age a sim up, I do it manually.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧