December 14 - Friday Highlight is ready! Click here to check it out!
November 20 - It's Patch Day for The Sims 4 on PC/MAC. Patch notes here.

Sims 2 UC System Requirements?

NerdySims99NerdySims99 Posts: 150 Member
I'm pretty sure this has been asked before but I've been looking for awhile and can't seem to find a definite answer on this. What are the requirements for the complete Ultimate Collection for The Sims 2? I'm looking into getting a computer/laptop that can run it as well as be able to handle custom content but I don't really know what I should be looking for. Thanks!
"You've gotta be stirring my pasta."

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 35,215 Member
    Hi :)

It's not like it has New requirements. It was finished in 2009 or was it 08?... I have it installed on my 2 year old, Win10 and my even older desktop with Win7. With any newer Computer (after 2009, I guess) you'll have to edit the Graphic Rules.sgr and Video Card.sgr for the game to recognize the newer graphics cards. If the Graphics Rules Maker doesn't work you'll have to do it yourself- which I believe there are links to information in a post on the first page here. :)
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,469 Member
    edited November 17
    Wikki says this

It is recommended for expansions, especially later ones like Pets and Seasons that you have at least:
    A 2.5 GHz processor
    A 256 MB video card - a newer, better one (higher MIDDLE numbers = better. For example a Nvidia 7600 would be faster than the newer 8400. Newer does not necessarily equal better. Generally speaking, expect the previous series mid-range cards to perform similar to the current series low-end, and so forth.)
    1GB of RAM for XP or 2GB of ram for Vista.

Sims 2 can use up to 2GB of ram (unless you use the 4GB patch, then it can use 4) So I would think you would need at least 4 for the game and windows. ( Later versions) Though most computers come with minimum 8GB nowadays, so you don't need to worry much about that. (The more ram the faster and smoother the game can run) All you really need to make sure to check is the processor, make sure it is fast enough, any graphics card you get will be able to run the game with some alterations. Though as a warning, there are a lot of people having issues with AMD cards after a driver update from a while ago, so you may want to aim for a Nividia card.