Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

First person view

First person view is far to sensitive....giving me motion sickness:won't be using it again till we can change camera sensitivity.

Comments

• Steve StormSteve Storm Posts: 106 Member
    Mouse Wheel -
    Adjust the Field of View settings (useful if you experience motion sickness.)
    simscommunity.info/2018/11/14/the-sims-4-how-to-access-and-control-the-first-person-camera-hot-keys/
  • ValveValve Posts: 2 New Member
    Thank you for the tip!
  • ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    I love FPV. The pleasure factor of seeing through your sim lots you have built is great. However the constant bobbing and head simulation should have a toggle. I know you can prevent it from going wherever your sim is looking but it still bounces too much, there should be a setting to lower it or make it static.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I am glad it is an option as I would not use it, however it is an interesting concept. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    It's fun for a few minutes at a time, or if your sim is hiking and you want to enjoy the view, but I haven't really tried to play like that without queuing up a couple of actions first. At some point I am definitely going to try it again.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    It's fun for a few minutes at a time, or if your sim is hiking and you want to enjoy the view, but I haven't really tried to play like that without queuing up a couple of actions first. At some point I am definitely going to try it again.

I'd recommend it, granted I don't think I could restrict myself to only FPV, but I have done 1 or 2 full days every week or so or when I just want to sit back and have a slow day appreciating everything I have collected, built, etc. It's hard at first and I'd definitely only recommend it in single sim households to fully enjoy it without going nuts.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Archieonic wrote: »

I'd recommend it, granted I don't think I could restrict myself to only FPV, but I have done 1 or 2 full days every week or so or when I just want to sit back and have a slow day appreciating everything I have collected, built, etc. It's hard at first and I'd definitely only recommend it in single sim households to fully enjoy it without going nuts.

Yeah, I inevitably end up with families so I'll need to choose my moment wisely. Perhaps I'll send the founder of my new town off to the pub by himself and try it then.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    maybe it should clue them in that sim animations are wayyy too cartoony since an acutal person moving their heads that much would get sick.

is there a way to change the field point of view thing on a laptop? I don't have a mousewheel
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    DreamaDove wrote: »
    maybe it should clue them in that sim animations are wayyy too cartoony since an acutal person moving their heads that much would get sick.

is there a way to change the field point of view thing on a laptop? I don't have a mousewheel
    It should be the ‘minus’ and ‘equal’ keys.