Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Problems with custom hair swatches after the Nov. 2018 patch

@SimGuruModSquad, this is sort of a gray area, I guess, but I thought I'd point the problem out any way to see if there is possibly something easy that can be done on your end to fix the issue. After the November patch, custom content hair that uses the simglass shader and ones that use the typical shader but include custom colors no longer allow swatch switching in CAS if they are not enabled for random. As an example, I cloned an EA hair as an override and added a swatch cloned from its hot pink swatch. The new swatch is not selectable in CAS as-is. If I then change it to allow it for random, the custom swatch works, but others that are not enabled for random do not.

Not allowed for random

Allow for random

I ran Sims 4 Studio's batch fix "Allow for random" on my hair folder, and simglass shader hairs and custom swatches are now selectable in CAS.

I suppose this change may have been an unintended consequence of the alterations made for matching hair/eyebrows. I'm wondering if this consequence can be reversed or if we just need to tell everyone they can no longer disallow CC hair for random if it uses the simglass shader or has custom colors.

Comments

• SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Hi @_orangemittens_

Thanks for the detailed description.

That was indeed unintended fallout from a bug fix. As you describe, hair that uses custom colors that are not flagged for random are broken.

There are so much hair CC out there, it’s obviously not good to break them. So I can’t make any guarantees, but we are investigating if we can make a reasonable fix. Stay tuned.

-SGMS
  • _orangemittens__orangemittens_ Posts: 512 Member
    Thank you for answering! The community would be very happy if you could fix it (and I understand if it isn't possible).
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    hopefully the cc can be fixed without undoing the eyebrow bug fix. It made playing blonde children very annoying because their eyebrows never matched.
    Update: We are testing a change that should correct this issue, at least all cases we are aware of.

This fix does not undo the eyebrow fix.

Can't give an eta, but we want to get it out sooner rather than later.

-SGMS
    Tyvm, this is great news!
  • Confused_gamerConfused_gamer Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="SimGuruModSquad;c-16833431"]Update: We are testing a change that should correct this issue, at least all cases we are aware of.

-SGMS[/quote]

When will this be released??
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    Update: We are testing a change that should correct this issue, at least all cases we are aware of.

-SGMS

When will this be released??

They don't know, they are working on it.
  • Absfabs99Absfabs99 Posts: 1 New Member
    I used the sims studio batch fix and it worked for all of my cc hair except my toddlers and children it hasnt worked for them x please help x
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Absfabs99 wrote: »
    I used the sims studio batch fix and it worked for all of my cc hair except my toddlers and children it hasnt worked for them x please help x

We don't have a solution for those yet, I believe. They may need to wait on a fix at Maxis's end. Maxis is working to find one.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • MickCasanovaMickCasanova Posts: 4 New Member
    Well the Sims 4 Studio fix isn't really a "fix" at all. It basically makes all your hair valid for random. That's worse than being stuck with one color.
  • AspenSimsAspenSims Posts: 603 Member
    Well the Sims 4 Studio fix isn't really a "fix" at all. It basically makes all your hair valid for random. That's worse than being stuck with one color.

I agreed lol I'll just wait...
    Hi all,

This issue should be fixed it today's patch - version 1.47.51. Thanks for reporting!

-SGMS
    Thank you very much!