Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plumbots loosing trait chips and skills

I have made a plumbot and I spent weeks getting it to be the perfect bot building companion. It has level 10 bot building skill and 2 out of 3 skill challenges completed, including the cumbersome create 200 nanites. Then I proceeded to make a backup of my family, just in case something happens. After making the backup I wanted to proceed with my mega challenge, only to find that the simple action of moving the family out of their house (temporarily) had COMPLETELY reset the plumbot. No trait chips. No skills. No skill challenges. Nothing. What????

I found a lot of topics where it was asked if people getting that bug had overwatch installed. So I removed overwatch and tried again. Still blanked out. Then I removed ALL of my Nraas mods. Still the same thing occurs. Does anybody know why Plumbots reset big time like that and how I can prevent that? I know I can easily (cheat) get the trait chips back, but that would still make me loose all my work on it's skills and challenges! That is really plum!

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I think I've read of this before on the old NRaas Chatterbox, but unfortunately don't know of a fix. If you replaced the Limitless Learning chip, did the game remember the skill level and challenge data? I've found that data can stay with a plumbot if I manually remove the LL chip and place it back later. OTOH, I know some skill challenge data for the Advanced Technology skill can get reset on any sim upon traveling.

That's a bummer of a bug though.
  • Options
    AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Yeah that is actually what I ended up doing in a test where they both traveled to the future. Just to be sure my simbot wouldn't loose all of her trait chips I had my sim adjust traits and take all 5 she currently has out. She also kept them in her inventory while traveling, rather then in a chest. Once they arrived in Oasis Landing Utopia I had her put the chips back and all the data was back. I think I will keep doing it just to be on the safe side. It would be such a waste to loose all that progress! Thanks for the extra info!
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Slightly off-topic, you are right about the Advanced Technology skill challenge resetting. This is a short list of challenges that I have found resetting on moving/travelling:
    • Advanced Technology: Synthesized Challenge, because programmed recipes are reset to 0
    • Charisma: All Challenges, because known sims and sim interactions are reset to 0
    • Collecting: Firefly Collector Challenge*, because caught fireflies are reset to 0
    • Riding: Rider Of Legends Challenge, because the amount of won international show jumping matches are reset to 0

* I know the Firefly Collector challenge doesn't even register in the first place, but that doesn't take away the fact that all caught fireflies are also reset to 0, while other collection stats stay put.
  • Options
    I haven't noticed the Charisma skill challenges resetting upon travel. I often have sims achieve most of those at University and keep those completed once returning home (although the number of friends required is world dependent).

For the Synthesized Challenge: upgrading a food synthesizer to quality level 4 will be reset if you travel with one. All upgrades to a food synthesize will actually be reset on bringing one along via family inventory.
  • Options
    Ah, but the second time I traveled from my backup save (I keep playtesting stuff to find out where the bugs are) I didn't have my upgraded synthesizer in my inventory. And still the challenge was reset, saying I had programmed 0 recipes.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Yeah, the programmed recipes is reset too. I sometimes use that to my advantage and bring the food synthesize along to university terms so my sim can repeatedly program in recipes. I find that's a somewhat quick way to increase the Advanced Technology skill. Combine that with dreaming about AT on the dream pod (which is also a really good bed) and the AT skill isn't that bad to level up. Doing quests for Emit is faster, but that requires a trip to the future.
    Post edited by TreyNutz on
  • Options
    Thats good to know as a skill tip! However as I am currently doing an ultimate sim challenge it is rather annoying to have finished something only to find out it doesnt stick. If you know of any way to fix them be sure to drop it in here please!
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Same thing happened to me when I moved my family to the clipboard so I could delete and replace their house with a better one. The plumbot lost all its trait chips and inventory. :(

Next time I will move that stuff to another sim, first.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures