The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A couple of minor annoyances not related to patch

SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,127 Member
Hi everyone! I have noticed a couple of issues that I hoped would have been resolved with the new patch but weren't. One, I managed to fix on my own, and the other I need to know whether that is by design or if it's an actual bug.

First, I'll start with the one the one that is unresolved. When I save a household to my library, and put them in a new save, the household members don't maintain the relationships with each other. I've tested this with families and roommates, and it's the same thing. With married couples, the romance bar is mostly still the same but the friendship bar isn't. I have no mods or cc. I've done a game repair, and nothing has worked. Is this by design or a bug? I have been able to have households maintain relationships in the past.

For the second annoyance, I was having issues when placing gates on fences, the fence would disappear completely. Even deleting the entire fence on the perimeter of the lot, didn't help. The fence would no longer place in the original gates postion. How I fixed this was by disabling script mods in the settings. I had forgotten that I tested the UI Extensions mod a while back, and forgot to disable it.

Anyway, this post has run long enough. Any help on the first issue would be appreciated, and I hope I've helped someone else. Thanks!
Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel

Comments

• joyofliving37joyofliving37 Posts: 106 Member
    I read somewhere before (can’t remember where) that relationships will not be preserved for sims saved in your library and downloaded into your game. A few weeks ago I started a new save because of a bugged lot that I couldn’t repair. I saved all my lots and sims in my library and placed them in my new save. The family trees for sims living in the same household were preserved, but I had to add all the correct friendship levels back because they all just showed as “friends.” Then I had to add the family members and friendship levels back for family members living in other households. I also had to add the relationships and romance levels between all friends and boyfriends/girlfriends again.

MCCC made this process a lot easier. It was a lengthy process, but would’ve been a lot longer without that mod.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I agree that it would be nice for sims to maintain within household relationships in the gallery. I've had to start whole new saves a few times and every time had to work to get the relationships back to where they should be.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    It sounds to me like a bug if they aren't maintaining relationships from the Library. Have you reported it on AHQ? http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,842 Member
    Would be nice if there was a cheat with testing cheats to add to family that took you to cas or not, that let you select from the options the game recognizes but for now mccc is at least good enough.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,127 Member
    It sounds to me like a bug if they aren't maintaining relationships from the Library. Have you reported it on AHQ? http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

See, that's what I thought, too. I know that they used to maintain relationships within the household. I haven't reported it just yet, I wanted to make sure it wasn't meant to be that way, first. That was my next step.

@joyofliving37, I don't use mods or CC. Thanks for the recommendation. If it's by design, then I guess I'll have to do it all the hard way. Not a problem but a little aggravating.

@annaliese39, I'm not opposed to cheats, so I usually just cheat what I want the relationships to be. Like I said earlier, I know they've maintained relationships within households before. That's why I was asking it was a bug. Thanks for chiming in :)

@RedDestiny92, I'm not sure I understand what you mean, exactly. Do you mean a feature in the game to pick from a list and cheat the relationships? That would be nice.

Thanks everyone for your help. Off to AHQ to post about it there.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,842 Member
    Yeah that's what I mean, like when you type testingcheats and then the little pie menu says edit in cas and other things the option could be there to reconnect family members. Just a thought, as I've always had to reconnect family between save file jumps.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,127 Member
    That's a really good idea. Even if it were something at the beginning of a new save. Kind of like how you choose the season. I hadn't ever thought of that.