Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did anyone else try to play through the new player tutorial? Thoughts?

I tried to let my daughter play through with it on since she's a first time player. She was very frustrated.

1. She couldn't select her traits
2. There were only 4 lifetime aspirations to choose from and the game chose the traits
3. The game chose her job and then disabled the interactions so she couldn't do her daily work task
4. More than half of the objects in the tutorial house were unusable (disabled by tutorial)
5. Nothing and I mean NOTHING she did fully satisfied her motives, so her sim was constantly walking around tired, grouchy, hungry, and borderline smelly
6. It put her in a house with a very grouchy roommate and then wouldnt let her socialize

About that time she quit and started a regular game, said she'd rather figure it out herself. We don't even know if there was ever a section of the tutorial on build/buy she didn't last that long.

Comments

• WoedWoed Posts: 1 New Member
    I tried it as well, it seems the objects you must interact with to progress the tutorial aren't even activatable.

Most of the goals in the list were accomplished by my sim on his own because I couldn't interact with them manually (they simply disabled by tutorial as you have said), so I just had to hope he would do it himself.

In the end it didn't really feel that great, and I hope anyone actually new to the sims isn't turned off by the experience. Sandbox games like this do need a tutorial no matter how simple the game play may be to others.
  • PearLadyPearLady Posts: 207 Member
    Yes, it is quite limiting, probably to give time for a person totally new to the game to adjust. The sim does acquire more or different actions over the course of the tutorial. Ex. she had a "new" joke she could tell every day. But the limitations are a bit frustrating if you've seen/played any sims content previously. It also has its share of glitches - for instance, after my sim woke up, the imprint of her sleeping in bed is still there. LOL, sims.
    It does make me yearn for roommates for the Sims 4. I love this feature and wish it would be available outside the tutorial. :)
    Don't anger the fruit. It may make her toot (at you). ;)
  • fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    PearLady wrote: »
    Yes, it is quite limiting, probably to give time for a person totally new to the game to adjust. The sim does acquire more or different actions over the course of the tutorial. Ex. she had a "new" joke she could tell every day. But the limitations are a bit frustrating if you've seen/played any sims content previously. It also has its share of glitches - for instance, after my sim woke up, the imprint of her sleeping in bed is still there. LOL, sims.
    It does make me yearn for roommates for the Sims 4. I love this feature and wish it would be available outside the tutorial. :)

I agree with you, I just don't want to control them, ever not just when my sim is there.
  • JRBearJRBear Posts: 190 Member
    I tried, but I ended up pretty bored by it. I dont think something so limiting is an accurate tutorial for the sims. I was pretty much on the fastest time choice trying to get through it, until I finally gave up.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I got annoyed and gave up before I could even finish creating a sim. She seemed way too loud compared to everything else. Also if you have a hint setting disabled, her voice doesn’t play.