March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

terrain...

here's a question - if you have a lot on the gallery where the terrain has been changed and manipulated... if you place the lot on a standard untouched lot... will the terrain automatically change to the lots or will it be out of whack?
tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman

Comments

• x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Haven't tested this... but, my assumption is, it should be the same as when we coloured the flat terrain before. It should be transferable. I need to test it out first, perhaps, later at night... :)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited November 2018
    xamira99 wrote: »
    Haven't tested this... but, my assumption is, it should be the same as when we coloured the flat terrain before. It should be transferable. I need to test it out first, perhaps, later at night... :)

I was thinking that but let me know what you discover!

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    I cannot see why anyone would download a lot without the whole of it, terrain and all, wouldn't be included with it but there probably might be problems if the lot size you downloaded was larger or smaller than your own lot in game.

I'll try this out. I have found, in the past though that the terrain colour matched the world it went into. Just my own experience though. Worth while starting a new game for experiments? That's what I do.
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I cannot see why anyone would download a lot without the whole of it, terrain and all, wouldn't be included with it but there probably might be problems if the lot size you downloaded was larger or smaller than your own lot in game.

I'll try this out. I have found, in the past though that the terrain colour matched the world it went into. Just my own experience though. Worth while starting a new game for experiments? That's what I do.

I do have one of those but I just thought it would be quick and easy to post to see if anyone has done this seen as I haven't done the patch yet and I'm at work with access to the forum

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    The suspense must be awful! I am just about to start the game up but wasn't quite sure what you meant. I am going to download one of those huge "fave" lots of Maxis, getting one of my Sims to look around it in First Person Mode and enjoy the interiors.

At least you'll get some Forum experiences of others in what to do before you download. I think you are going to enjoy the update. :)
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I have tested the terrain only within the same world. The answer is YES! It will change accordingly.
    1JfL7pT.png
    I saved the one on the right and then download it to the left (totally a flat area)
    OID:- x4m1r4