Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Install Lots

In recent months, I have downloaded several residential lots. I just gotten around to installing them all, but there are two that won't install. The message I get says "Installation failed. Please make sure your game has the latest Software Updates and try again."

My game is updated to 1.67, and I have the store patch. Can someone tell me what it is that the launcher thinks is missing?

Comments

• Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Have you tried clearing IE's cache and reinstalling them?(Even if you don't use IE).
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited November 2018
    The only time I ever had that issue was when someone had used a pre-order item in their build. If you want to try to get around it, and a much easier way than using the launcher to install lots, is to download Sims3PackExtractor extract the s3pack lot to package and drop it into your library folder.
    I would check the pack with custard first, untick any CC items and re save, because if it contains CC, S3P Extractor wont name your lot package, and you'll just end up with a bunch of extracted numbered files and be unable to tell which is the lot.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    @Pary The lots were CC free, so no issue there. I have the Sims3PackExtractor, which I use for CC, but it never occurred to me to use it for lots. I will do that.

@Springfairy556 I use Firefox.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    @Pary The lots were CC free, so no issue there. I have the Sims3PackExtractor, which I use for CC, but it never occurred to me to use it for lots. I will do that.

@Springfairy556 I use Firefox.

Even if you use firefox, the launcher uses IE, regardless of whether you use it or not.Search IE on your computer and clear the cache.And try it again.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    OK. I'll keep that in mind for the future. But if it's a problem with IE, why would it install everything else and not those two items?
  • Options
    SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    edited November 2018
    @IreneSwift - I ran into this issue about at some point after Origin updated TS3 to 1.69, which was years ago.

I solved that error message by fixing the SKU versions of my expansions. I had few expansions that needed to be updated. SUPERPATCHER doesn't update all the expansions because if you have different country versions, disk versions or Origin versions, some of the expansion SKUs may be wrong. I didn't get an error about the SKU versions, initially. I found that trying to install clean uploads that had items from certain expansions would give me the error that I needed to update my game. That was so vague. I have v 1.67.

But in the laucher, at the very bottom where the EP icons are, I noticed the version numbers of the different expansions did NOT match up to the latest versions for the various expansions. I still wasn't sure what to do and then I had a game crash in which "TS3 Crash Analyzer" reported which EPs didn't match up. Later NRAAS started giving me the report that some SKUs were incorrect. (I don't remember exactly what the report said)

I went to the Wiki and downloaded the latest patches. Here's the link- Please notice the latest patch for each EP depends on region and source.
    http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Patching:Patch_Download/Archived

After doing that and checking that each of the EPs had the latest correct patch, I didn't get the error message any more.

What was wonky was that my game at the time was initially entirely an Origin download, and for whatever reason, the EPs I downloaded had older version numbers although I installed the everything from Origin at the time. But it's all fixed now. I later reverted to disk installs and used the Wiki to ensure my patches were all correct for each EP.

Good luck!
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣