Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Show me your first-person camera shots!

I'm currently loving the new first-person camera feature!

At the moment, I'm trying to find new things in this camera mode to take pictures of, and would love to see your shots.

Feel free to post any here!
X19cKdm.gif

Comments

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I forget how they said to get in to it!
    RvOldiH.png
    DsEOCqw.png

lol, I don't like when they are dancing! Their heads bob way too much and the camera view bobs with them.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    I don't have any screenshots but I wanted to add to this thread my experience of playing around with first person. I hope that's o.k. Anyway, a word of advice, if you experience motion sickness, don't be the toddler and then do the Play interaction. Wow! It was a trip, to say the least.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
    This really is going to allow builders on youtube to showcase their builds!
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    We can get some really nice shots of the Sims themselves from first person mode!

3325qw5.png

This picture is so beautiful <3
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

I built a new home the other day and I can now see what it looks like from my Sim's POV. It looks quite cosy! I love seeing my build from this angle.

20k2k3s.png

Me too! It's awesome to see it through their eyes!
    Haha!

My sim looking at his pet:

Es1M1Yl.png

And then through the pet's eyes at the vet!

z5CQFOL.png
    CHi72ml.png
    Exactly as I thought! I said this feature would make me have to pay more attention to my builds. I rarely put up upper cupboards because I play in 1/2 wall mode so they are never seen. And I neglect a lot of interior walls for artwork and things because of cutaway.....but 1st person mode is so different! I love it!

Still looking through my sims dog's eyes....

8fISMDJ.png

c0TEMW0.png
    jOT8VZi.png
  • s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
    Except pressing shift tap key, are there any other controll method ? Like when I want to enter other room across door...or..any other key function...
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    s1mszzang wrote: »
    Except pressing shift tap key, are there any other controll method ? Like when I want to enter other room across door...or..any other key function...

From the patch notes:
    The controls listed here provide everything you need to get started.
    Shift + Tab
    Enter/Exit First Person Camera mode.
    Left Arrow / Right Arrow
    Change which Sim you’re currently controlling while in First Person Camera. (For those with The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs, you can even look through the eyes of your pets!)
    Left Mouse Button
    Interact with the world.
    Right Mouse Button
    Select the other side of doorways, walls, and floors. Allows traversal between rooms or across different floors.
    Shift Key (Hold)
    Control the mouse cursor while in First Person Camera.
    Mouse Look
    Move your view around, separate from where your Sim is currently looking.
    Ctrl Key
    Snap the camera back to where your Sim is looking.
    Mouse Wheel
    Adjust the Field of View settings (useful if you experience motion sickness.)
    egTcBMc.png
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    these are pictures of the various Portraits of my Enrichment religion' gods and goddess in different rooms of the Enrichment castle in FPV.. I'm going to put a thread up asking people which villains they are

ie66owI.png

hdrBcnZ.png

rWd2XyH.png
    xc9Dmoj.png
    https://i.imgur.com/XKnGxk8.png
    SgnXoeo.png
    ANHEpJX.png
    8NGA94Z.png
    ZpXDxLs.png
    8eKPm1I.png
    G6YiUeh.png
    kxLZ9W7.png
    XKnGxk8.png
    6adMCGP.gif
  • AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member

Being a huge fan and collector of the Nancy drew mystery pc game series from years ago til today i am so exited and happy to play in this new camera mode with my sim <3 the shadows on the ground really screams "Nancy drew" for me and i love it!!! and the one big plus will be if i decide on playing Nancy in my game
    ---> this time when i look in the mirror i will actually get to see her face :o:)<3 ( a really big deal for true Nancy drew fans)
  • Goofhead2Goofhead2 Posts: 69 Member
    How did you all get photos like that? When I get into first-person mode I see my sims eyeballs and their teeth and frankly it is horrifying.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Sims first person camera avant la lettre ;)

Raven_084_zps0aa280a3.png
    5JZ57S6.png
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited November 2018
    How do you look through the eyes of pets ? I only managed to do it with sims.

2hfuhwj.jpg
    j9woj4.png
    2883x4x.png
    35cjux2.jpg
    dgknr6.png
    10ek8jq.png
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    Goofhead2 wrote: »
    How did you all get photos like that? When I get into first-person mode I see my sims eyeballs and their teeth and frankly it is horrifying.

Your not supposed to, I suspect maybe your sim has a big head?

Honestly I don't understand why they didn't just remove the head from the sim with pov like most games do that transit from 3rd to 1st person views to avoid clipping.
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    Goofhead2 wrote: »

Your not supposed to, I suspect maybe your sim has a big head?

Honestly I don't understand why they didn't just remove the head from the sim with pov like most games do that transit from 3rd to 1st person views to avoid clipping.

I thought they did remove the head for 1st person
    Dianesims wrote: »
    How do you look through the eyes of pets ? I only managed to do it with sims.

Use the arrow key to move over to them.