Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Whether Or Not To Buy The New Sims Pack

tulipssimmertulipssimmer Posts: 89 Member
Okay, so I'm debating of whether or not to buy the new get famous pack. Tell me what your opinion on it. I have seasons so I feel like it could be a problem because it seems like everything is outside. Like how can I walk on the boardwalk when its an all out blizzard.

Comments

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I think it’s alright. Could be better in aspect of the world size but other than that it looks fun. The build buy items and the CAS clothing look nice
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    It’s up to you though really, if you’re debating and have to ask for opinions...do you really want it?
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    From what I heard there won't be any snow in the world for get famous, so you should be alright.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    One thing I've noticed about the weather in Sims 4 is that they gave each of the towns their own different types of weather. For example in Oasis Springs, it gets extremely hot in the summer with very little rain. You are lucky if you even see it there. While in Willow Creek, they get some pretty wicked thunderstorms during the summer, and in Forgotten Hollow I have seen it snow a little even in the summer, it's rare, but I've seen it happen. Places like Oasis Springs doesn't even get snow in the winter. I don't know what the weather in the game will be like for this new town, but I've heard that the weather will be really close to what they have in Southern California.
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Hello everyone! Is the sims4 season's better than the sims3 seasons?
    Can someone tell me about the differences? i'm thinking about buyint that game.
    Sorry about that! got ahead of myself.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    It's a matter of gathering information on what the pack has for gameplay and content and deciding if it goes with your play style. The 'world' they provide is absurdly small, will that matter to you? It would be a good idea to hold off until after release so you can see the reviews and feedback in the forums. I'd rather find out here that feature 'X' doesn't work right than the hard way.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I'm excited for the new pack coming out. Its a feature I've wanted to explore for a long time. Sadly, I won't be getting it for a while, maybe after the 1st of the year.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    Patrice wrote: »

No. It is no better, but calender systém and make own festivals is funny. For first days...
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    It depends on what story you want to show in your game, I guess. Personally I love it and can’t wait to receive my copy on Friday! I say go for it!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member

Doesn't really matter as they're two different games. Both adds weather, which is definitely a game changer always in any sims installment, since it's not forever spring in the game anymore. Sims 4 brings customization of holidays which you can pick traditions and make your own. Feels nice to have actual holidays to make it feel like a sense of time is passing.

@tulipssimmer Don't think you have to worry about blizzards considering the desert like world. I'm gabbing it up, since it looks pretty fun and I normally don't care for fame related things, but since sims won't catch celebrity status like a disease and can be famous by even having high skills and careers it's definitely a yes for me. CAS and build/buy mode looks great.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I'm on the fence too. I think I'm going to wait until I see more Let's Plays or reviews from Simmers who aren't Game Changers, LGR especially. I might stalk the forums this weekend to see what other players think about it.

Dunno...I'm not as hyped about this as I have been about other packs.
    giphy.gif
  • tulipssimmertulipssimmer Posts: 89 Member
    Can someone tell me about the differences? i'm thinking about buyint that game.

Are you debating on whether to buy sims 4 or whether to buy sims 4 seasons. Sims 4 in my opinion has better graphics and game play. Sims 4 doesn't have an open world but but it makes it up in great public spaces. In Sims 4 its easier to gain skills. But if you were talking about whether or not to buy sims 4 season, then I would buy it, it gives so much more game play. Your toddlers can play in the pool, you get two extra categories of clothes and it fun to play with. You get skating rinks and rollerskating rinks, you can make snow angels, snow people, and snow ball fight. You get a caldener so you know when your sims birthday will be and you can make your own holidays plus EVIL GNOMES. Plus more I just dont want to type it up.
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Okay, so I'm debating of whether or not to buy the new get famous pack. Tell me what your opinion on it. I have seasons so I feel like it could be a problem because it seems like everything is outside. Like how can I walk on the boardwalk when its an all out blizzard.

You don't walk out in a blizzard...you wait until it's over. I'm getting it but then I get all of the packs as they come out. I always love the stuff they come with. I even didn't mind the My Pets Stuff pack 'cos of those blinds! It depends on whether or not you can afford it to be honest, this will be an early Christmas gift from my son. We always do this, get an early gift and give it to each other.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • purplexbutterflypurplexbutterfly Posts: 597 Member
    I was debating whether to get Get Famous or Cats and Dogs as they are the only EP’s I don’t have but I think I have more need for GF than C&D’s right now as I think it will suit my game play better for potential story lines. I have a level 10 writer who is about to max out her career. I’ve a level 10 gamers who has maxed out the video gaming branch of the tech guru career so it would only be natural for them to be famous!! In another household I’ve a sim trying to make it big in the social media world so I’d like her to be famous. I also like musician sims so they have an opportunity to get famous and inTS3 I always had an actor.

I would imagine that there wouldn’t be much snow in the new world as it’s based in California. Each world has different weather settings.
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    I did...because I always do. I enjoy the Sims 4 and honestly I'm always excited for expansions that expanded or provide new feedback. I admit I was on the fence because I always end up pre-ordering and then see a sale a month later - that annoys me to no end lol.
  • tulipssimmertulipssimmer Posts: 89 Member
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    I did...because I always do. I enjoy the Sims 4 and honestly I'm always excited for expansions that expanded or provide new feedback. I admit I was on the fence because I always end up pre-ordering and then see a sale a month later - that annoys me to no end lol.

Dude that is my life. I always debate but end up buying it anyways, and then scream when there is a sale.