Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Funeral stuff pack?

I remember there was a poll and honestly, this game could freshen up the death aspect of the game. I'm not sure how EA / Maxis could possibly do that, but this is something that should be touched upon a bit. It could make for a very interesting stuff pack. We could have had eco-living but everyone chose laundry. Laundry could have been included in eco-living too. I guess there go all of the good ideas.

Comments

• x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    And we need a cemetery Lot category too.. :)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • FreakAboutSimsFreakAboutSims Posts: 795 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    And we need a cemetery Lot category too.. :)

I vouch for this one hundred percent since it gets depressing relaxing where all of these old ghosts inhabit.
  • Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    I’d love for funerals to be added to the game somehow. Not sure how to best implement them, though
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    You have some really nice funeral CC here: https://sims4.aroundthesims3.com/objects/room_community_27.shtml
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    yes please I want this in game
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    Cororon wrote: »
    You have some really nice funeral CC here: https://sims4.aroundthesims3.com/objects/room_community_27.shtml

Naturally, there's going to be custom content, still doesn't mean this shouldn't be added to the game.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Back when we were doing the survey for new stuff packs like Dangerous stuff and Weddings. I felt funerals could be in an events expansion pack along with baby showers, weddings and other milestones or occasions in life. Both happy and sad occasions. They could add many more ways to die in that expansion.
  • xlixli Posts: 17 Member
    I love this idea. it's the small things that makes a game better
  • meenakshimeenakshi Posts: 46 Member
    i wish we could throw dead bodies on the fire pit...
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Cororon wrote: »

Naturally, there's going to be custom content, still doesn't mean this shouldn't be added to the game.

Sure, I agree. There could be content with interactions so that the funeral would feel more alive. Ok, "alive" sounds a bit... Meh, you know what I mean. :blush: If this is added to the game, then the deceased sim could be in a coffin, if it's open, or at least linked to it so that the attendees at the funeral could cry and maybe put flowers on it, and things like that. And then one could choose the spot for the sim to be buried, and it becomes a normal grave.

If someone from EA reads this, a funeral game pack wouldn't make the game "darker", but more realistic. with Grimmy in the game, it can't get much darker anyway! It would be a really nice gesture by the sims to have a moment to say goodbye to their beloved ones. I held a funeral in Sims 3 for Lucky Perkins, and he was my favourite pre-made sim. I used CC and managed to take nice pictures. :smile: It was four years ago and is still a very memorable moment from my game.

A funeral game pack would be great, but I understand that it's not for everyone. But like with all packs and downloadable content, it's up to the player what they want to buy. If someone is against this idea, they don't have to buy it. It's as simple as that.

s1gZya9.jpg
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • lushlifesimlylushlifesimly Posts: 3 New Member
    Maybe a sims 4 Family Traditions game pack? If they dont want to do funerals maybe a wake where people come together and remember someone, hold speeches etc. Other traditions like asking your inlaws for permission to marry, (the whole process of building up to a wedding like sending invites, choosing menu etc) meeting the inlaws when youre in a relationship and being nervous!, baby showers, engagement parties, ultrasound rays when pregnant etc! It would be cool.
  • jineratorjinerator Posts: 377 Member
    Maybe they could throw a little humor in it. Like death by Grilled Cheese. It could happen....right?

Or a career as a mortician. Maybe add to the crime career as a grave robber?

One of the ways to persuade the Grim Reaper to let you live is cook him the perfect Grilled Cheese.

I do like the idea of having a shrine to a passed sim. Sims could contemplate mortality. Have a mid life crisis and go on a binge wanting to buy really expensive things. Maybe it could spark having cars again!

Lots of ideas here!
    This game seriously needs a graveyard. I have no idea where all of these urns and tombstones are littered.
    Maybe a sims 4 Family Traditions game pack? If they dont want to do funerals maybe a wake where people come together and remember someone, hold speeches etc. Other traditions like asking your inlaws for permission to marry, (the whole process of building up to a wedding like sending invites, choosing menu etc) meeting the inlaws when youre in a relationship and being nervous!, baby showers, engagement parties, ultrasound rays when pregnant etc! It would be cool.

This was literally one of the poll options for a stuff pack some time ago.
  • KingdomHeartsKingdomHearts Posts: 11 New Member
    It would be cool to be able to throw your own funeral-event (instead of a party).
    It doesn't have to be dark at all tbh!

A new career:
    - mortician.

Throw a funeral event:
    Grim Reaper will show up and you have to make him feel good/at home in order to get you Sim send to Simheaven instead of Simhell.

Sounds fun to me