Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim without gender

My sim delivered a baby boy . When the newborn turned to toddler it was a boy with girly hair. I checked the simology and no gender was mentioned . Now is a young adult still no gender ,male body but female hair. I find it cool but have you seen it before? Why is that happening?

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2018
    There really shouldn't be any such thing as a sim of any age or species who has no gender. If you bring this one into testingcheats CAS, does male show up there? Male sims of all ages pick up female hairs all the time in may players' games, there is a glitch with one that is pigtails that is most commonly seen, but especially on adult sims. It's easy to fix that, though.

I notice that you also posted and are discussing this on the TS2 board. In which version of the game did this happen?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited November 2018
    There is some TS3 CC hair for males, that causes the game to give this girl's hairstyle to the males.
    46064049_1148442168639410_6854804419012198400_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=b5a8b6d60e1e4ab9970ab186ed880fb5&oe=5C853C40
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    There is some TS3 CC hair for males, that causes the game to give this girl's hairstyle to the males.
    46064049_1148442168639410_6854804419012198400_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=b5a8b6d60e1e4ab9970ab186ed880fb5&oe=5C853C40

Has anyone figured this bug out yet? I know it's off topic but every thread I've found about the male pigtail bug (also affects some other base game hairs) doesn't give a clear answer. But I do know it has happened in my own games where I only had CC hair and clothes but no actual mods.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    edited November 2018
    Yes, but the solution is kind of painful. The issue has nothing to do with CC or mods.

The female pigtails are represented multiple times in different game and delta build files. At least one of them is incorrectly coded for both genders. Using tools such as EasyCASP Editor or a CAS invalid parts blacklist with NRaas MC/Dresser won't work because they only latch onto the first instance of the hair that they find. The actual game/patch files have to be altered in order to eradicate the others and the steps for doing so...let's just say are beyond my pay grade. I never see the actual pig tails on males for some reason, but I would do the same as others and as I do when a business executive shows for a formal function wearing a color mismatched superhero cape, snorkel mask, and bunny slippers and just replace the nonsense on sims as I notice them.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • BIBHBIBH Posts: 20 Member
    Hello everybody,
    I posted that in TS2 by mistake but I don’t know how to delete it . My sim is my profile picture and he is the same with the guy you posted above. Is that because I have many hair,clothes, houses downloaded ? I have some problems with the downloaded hair but this is different.
    edited November 2018
    It's just a badly coded base game and/or EP hair with duplicate occurrences in the game files. It's fine to replace it on this sim with something else in Change Appearance (mirrors), testingcheats CAS, or by using a mod. Players with and without custom content and mods get this, some more than others. It doesn't mean that your sim has no gender or that anything is seriously wrong with them.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    edited November 2018
    My baby aged up to toddler with a female ponytail for hair, I blamed it on me going into CAS via testingcheats and changing her gender to a boy.As I never had this issue before, but good to know that it may just be an awkward glitchy hair.
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,275 Member
    It happened in my game two weeks ago when a boy aged up to Child and got the pigtails. He looked cute in them, but I used MasterController/Stylist to change it. :blush:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Yes, but the solution is kind of painful. The issue has nothing to do with CC or mods.

The female pigtails are represented multiple times in different game and delta build files. At least one of them is incorrectly coded for both genders. Using tools such as EasyCASP Editor or a CAS invalid parts blacklist with NRaas MC/Dresser don't work because they only latch onto the first instance of the hair that they find. The actual game/patch files have to be altered in order to eradicate the others and the steps for doing so...let's just say are beyond my pay grade. I never see the actual pig tails on males for some reason, but I would do the same as others and as I do when a business executive shows for a formal function wearing a color mismatched superhero cape, snorkel mask, and bunny slippers and just replace the nonsense on sims as I notice them.

That's better than anything else I've found, infuriating and only for a well-paid dev to tackle or not. ;)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,214 Member
    My infant son aged up to toddler and received the long hairstyle which was meant for toddler girls. I thought he looked really cute in the hair and thought about letting him keep it but, in the end changed my mind and gave him a store hair instead. I had never seen the adult male ponytail mismatch and didn't know this was a thing until now.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    TS3 was released in 2009. Not that long ago really but long ago enough but 'non gender assignment' became a big thing like it is, er, these days...

So yes the baby/ toddler should have a gender :no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    I never see the actual pig tails on males for some reason, but I would do the same as others and as I do when a business executive shows for a formal function wearing a color mismatched superhero cape, snorkel mask, and bunny slippers and just replace the nonsense on sims as I notice them.

I just want to say that Dresser works great for this too. Rather than having to go into CAS and edit a sims clothes myself, I can use Dresser to reroll their current outfit or hair and 90% of the time it comes back with an acceptable ensemble.

Editing a sim in CAS takes me down a dark rabbit hole where I end up spending an hour tweaking a bland townie to be just right, instead of actually playing my own sims. LOL

I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited November 2018
    TS3 was released in 2009. Not that long ago really but long ago enough but 'non gender assignment' became a big thing like it is, er, these days...

So yes the baby/ toddler should have a gender :no_mouth:
    The distinction between gender identity and sexual orientation was first established clinically nearly a hundred years ago, in the 1920s, through the research undertaken by Dr. Magnus Hirschfeld, whose Institut für Sexualwissenschaft (Institute for Sexual Research) was founded in 1919 to address suicide rates among sexual minorities.

This is not a new phenomenon.

And the question at hand is not one about sociology, but how a game glitch happened, how to address it, and whether it will break the save to leave it unchanged. Since the game is coded to regard Sims as either male or female, I think the situation is a glitch and, while wholly supportive of my transgender and genderfluid friends IRL, I think it would be safest to go into "Edit Sim" through TestingCheats, or "Edit in CAS" through NRaas Master Controller, if you use it, and reset the Sim manually to their initially assigned sex.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I suffer the ponytail curse a lot but it's not in every save. Some saves I see nothing but ponytails on my males when they age up and in tags around town after birthdays, in others it happens rarely if at all.
    Slight correction, if I may @Mikezumi. It's not ponytails many of us are not necessarily happy to see on males, it's pigtails. Frankly, in many cases it just doesn't suit our sense of style. Besides not really having anything to do with gender identity, ponytails on males with long hair are very common. I've worn one for decades and will continue to do so until this game (or its players) cause what's left of it to fall out. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    @igazor Oops I meant pigtails but I hadn't started on morning coffee yet and I simply don't function until I do :D
    My son doesn't wear a ponytail but probably should because his hair is very long! Nothing wrong with men with long hair, especially since it was the norm when I was growing up :D
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    Speaking of everyone's favorite glitch... I saw a child sim (I believe they were female, judging by the clothes) sporting an adult version of the pigtails. Didn't work well. 1Eo6Vmp.jpg
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
    Looks like quite a hair-raising experience to me. (yeah I know, I know, but someone had to say it...) :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    @Breazona I've seen that in my game :# Thankfully, it's very rare given how many kids have been born in my saves.
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    @Mikezumi Opposite problem here! My family tree was so big in that save that sims were marrying their cousins because of how few townies they had that weren't related to them :confounded: After a while I figured out that I could limit how many kids sims could have through story progression so that problem was fixed in later saves, but for a while it was a bit gross in my saves!
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    I was under the impression that floating hair is a sign of a bit of bad CC in the game.
    @Breazona In recent saves I limit townies to two kids. Even so, after a few generations, sims are related in some way. Fortunately I don't care about my sims marrying second cousins. I was referring to the thousands of kids born in all my saves since I started playing :D
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    Breazona wrote: »
    Speaking of everyone's favorite glitch... I saw a child sim (I believe they were female, judging by the clothes) sporting an adult version of the pigtails. Didn't work well. 1Eo6Vmp.jpg

could it have been an invisible teen sim behind her?
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    edited December 2018
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @igazor Oops I meant pigtails but I hadn't started on morning coffee yet and I simply don't function until I do :D
    My son doesn't wear a ponytail but probably should because his hair is very long! Nothing wrong with men with long hair, especially since it was the norm when I was growing up :D

long hair on men was normal in the 1700's and many of the characters and from other early long-haired-men-periods in movies and TV are very manly and nice.

I think the OP is confused by the cosmetic appearance. Seems to me like a uni-sex hairdo, that's all it is, nothing fundamental, and by what @Breazona showed, it is glitched too. Its not a fabulous hairdo to begin with, I don't know why you'd have it anyway. There's other pigtails that are non-cc that are nicer if you must have pigtails. Low one's look cuter, especially on an adult female.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
    Mikezumi wrote: »

long hair on men was normal in the 1700's and many of the characters and from other early long-haired-men-periods in movies and TV are very manly and nice.

Like I said, I like long haired men, unless they are old and the only long hair they have is their comb over ;)
    I am pretty old but wasn't around in the 1700s :p