Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tell Us About Some Weird Or Funny Stories You'll Create With The Get Famous EP

Hello, Simmers!

Considering that with every new Expansion Pack, Game Pack, or even Stuff Pack that's been released, the creative possibilities are endless, I was wondering about some unusual stories you're about to create when the "Get Famous" EP is in your hands. Please, stay inside the limits of the forums guidelines and the Teen Rating of the game as a whole. You can mention some unpopular Sims you're going to make, a new challenge or gameplay you've got in mind, or even some ideas you may have in mind for the Sims that will be the habitants of Del Sol Valley. Have fun!

I can't wait to see what you'll come up with! Happy Simming!

Comments

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I have so many ideas whirling around some it might take time to get to I've posted in other threads about some but lol .. they keep coming

In one horror and dark comedy based save I'm going to make my Sweeny Todd a fashion influencer or whatever the new patch career is called that let's you make townies over. I'm trying to get his charisma up when I play him now so he can entice customers into his shop and into the chair. If I want to keep the townie/premade I'll make them over and if I don't I'll find a way to do away with them either through game mechanics or a mod, probably with Mrs Lovetts help. I have a great home for him and Mrs Lovett that I found on the gallery and am just adoring it. I'll be using that stylist chair (too bad it looks so modern) and that box stand? to help give the makeovers. I'm waiting on the new costumes also that are coming in the pack because most sims in this save dress more old fashioned... hope I can make them have trends for that..

I have current stories with scientists. Mostly they involve world (sim) domination, experimentation or some sort or evilish self gain for the scientist.. anyway the sleeping pod I was really looking forward to because of the way it looks. In the live stream though they showed some things it does .. like mood altering, need replenishing ect and it will definitely fit into these stories in various ways. The crystal "healing" helmet (not sure if that is the actual name) also is really promising. I love any more gadgets my scientists can get. In the stream they mentioned it uses a crystal and can give you boosts or something.. they mentioned job performance, and quirk changing. I'm assuming there is a lot more so my inner geek is well pleased.

I definitely want to use the studio scenes on home lots also for another story I have in mind. Basically a Twilight Zone/Black Mirror bent story where a madman keeps sims locked in sets.. so many ways this one can go.

The creature from the black lagoon/shape of water costume .. Really considering making a character and dressing them in it across the board and just playing out a story that way. Can throw in the pond as a daily dip they need to take in order to survive on land. It needs to be a love story too.

I want to play around with the reputation systems for lothario and black widow types. I'm hoping they can deviously skirt getting caught.. but also want to see what happens when they get a bad rep.

I am kind of wanting to make a Joan Crawford type of actress and replace the movie superstar they have there now with her. I want to make her a terror.
    egTcBMc.png
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,404 Member
    My only story so far is to have a sim join the acting career, she’s currently at the 9th career of the social media career and married a single father adult athlete, she met through her career. They have one daughter together but lately he’s been spending too much time focused on his work, working out at the gym. He missed the birth of their daughter to train and she’s the one mainly taking care of the two kids. I’m going to make them divorce after they get some fame level and she’ll probably hook up with an actor.
    A different story I plan to have a evil sim become a villainous actor, and another become a very serious actor.
  • SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    I have some ideas involving my politician sim become infamous. Also two of his grand daughters will join the actress career and live together in a cheap apartment or house. One will be the most famous actress ever, good reputation and become totally rich. The other sister will never get far in this career. I guess this will have some impact on their relationship and also on the behavior of the not successful actress. She will end up in a TLC apartment in San Myshuno, trying to be a youtuber at least. Maybe she will have a bad reputation too... I have to figure out what will happen, maybe she will seduce the cute future husband of her famous sister, as an act of revenge or something and get pregnant or steal the guy.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I am sure I will come up with a story as I go along in the Influencer career. I just make stuff up as I go along unless I decide to do a Legacy.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    The only story I currently have planned is of a family I'm creating specifically for get famous. It's going to be a family where basically everyone will become famous through different methods.

The mother will be an actress. Even though she is marred and a mother to 3, she wants to become a master actress despite how time consuming the career is. Her family fully supports her regardless.

The father will be a music producer. Since his wife will be out of the house a lot due to her acting career, he'll work on his music mixing from home.

The teen daughter will be a vlogger/influencer. She'll make videos about fashion, makeup, and other teenage girl things for her influencing and film their cat (Mayor Whiskers) with a drone for her vlogging.

The child daughter admires her mother and will join the drama club.

The toddler son exists only so I can use the new clothes they got. :D

I thought this would be an interesting story since I expect that most people who plan to play through the acting career will be playing with single sims since it's probably gong to be a lot of work, but I only play families and I think it'll be cool to play one where everyone can have there own story and goal they want to achieve.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,847 Member
    I don't really have much planned aside from Bella Goth moving her family to get rid of what makes them...them heh.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    The only weird or funny stories I can conceive in my mind at the moment involves Vampires funnily enough, and maybe throw in some yakuza in the mix, and yeah...I got nothing.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited November 2018
    I might get it later when there's a sale... I'm interested to make my legacy family member who was born as a vampire to be famous. Experimenting to see how long she can retain her reputation.. and what else she can do after achieving all she can.Will she become the most famous Sim with a positive reputation or negative reputation?
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited November 2018
    I have twin teenagers who I plan to have befriend Vanessa and then move in with her as they all start their paths to fame. One twin will be an actress and the other will be a style influencer. However, until they age up, and can actually have full time jobs, they will gain fame from skills and (hopefully) befriending other celebrities, as I believe they can gain fame from that. I recently set MC Command Center to allow kids and teens to drop out of school, so I plan to have the twins do that. I also installed a mod that allows kids/teens to be homeschooled, so I might make the story line that their parents only let them move out to Del Sol Valley if they promise to still graduate high school, even if it means homeschooling themselves.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    My Simself is going to be a famous author, while her husband (my husband's Simself) is just an ordinary guy who has to deal with his wife's fame. Be interesting to see how that works out.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    I have three mini stories, one is with the Mai family I play with, on Emily's desire to act in a big movie,
    The second is , a make up artist working with celebrities, who wants to be a singer, he gets the chance on sims talent and it falls apart and he feedback to doing the job he lpved.
    The third one is scratchy the scarecrow falls into the acting career.

• stehlampestehlampe Posts: 20 Member
    I am playing with characters inspired by the tv series gossip girl. They will all have famous parents and live in del sol valley or in San myshuno. Obviously in renovated apartments in uptown or in a Penthouse. They will have their own club and live the high life with all the money to spend.
  • DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 213 Member
    edited November 2018
    My first foray into Get Famous will be utilizing the family unit I've prepped for the last couple weeks. My recently formed vampire family, Caleb Vatore and his newly-turned vampress wife, Riye, are going to see if acting is even a viable career for a vampire family. Caleb is currently working on the style influencer career and raising their toddler son, Gus, at the same time (rather easily as his career can be done at home). Riye and her identical twin, Casey, (who she also vampirized) will be exploring Del Sol Valley together while focusing on their indivdual skill strengths (Riye is a married and charismatic singer while Casey is a single, garden-obsessed wannabe chef).

I am also planning on recreating the Sheen acting legacy (patriarch Martin and his kids Emilio [and his ex-wife, Paula], Charlie [and all of his ex-wives and children], Ramon, and Renee). Charlie is going to go down the Bad Reputation path, of course, and may or may not actually be alien-born. :D
    Zl8Iuk9.jpg
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I'm going to turn the big empty lot in Mirage Park into a motel for five mostly unrelated aspiring celebrities of varying ages, four of which with the creativity aspirations (painter / musician / writer / actor), one with the fame aspiration. I've already written detailed biographies for all of them, but since I'm waiting for Get Famous to go on sale, it will take another while before I can actually play with them.
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    I'm going to make an actor sim and see if I can get him to fail upward.

No prepping or practicing, just sheer confidence and force of will alone. If he keeps showing up, he'll surely succeed. I plan to make use of the bad reputation for him. Likely, he'll be self-assured and absolutely unpleasant to be around. One of those actors where you wonder every time you see him just who is it that keeps giving him a job.
    a63ftuN.png
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    The only weird or funny stories I can conceive in my mind at the moment involves Vampires funnily enough, and maybe throw in some yakuza in the mix, and yeah...I got nothing.

Scratch this silly idea, I had a new one involving one of my sims getting famous someday and getting randomly stalked by one of their many exes who's now a rabid obsessed fan of them. Wish I knew if we can designate one of our own sims to be an obsessed fan of a famous sim...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I want to create a Sim who paints sad paintings, or paints pictures of toilets, and become famous for it.
    giphy.gif
  • youilivefor92youilivefor92 Posts: 62 Member
    One of my story ideas is for a sim to be a travel vlogger! He has that adventuring aspiration or whatever from the jungle pack. So far I’ve had him visit the jungle local and had him use the drone to record things like talking to the natives about the culture, eating/making the native foods and having it follow him through the ruins and jungles. When he gets back from his trips he edits and uploads all the videos. It’s kinda cool and I’m loving the versatility this pack has given us. At first it seemed like it was going to be dull and just an acting pack but it allows for a lot of cool stuff. The sim also likes cooking so eventually I think I’m going to have him open a restaurant (with the dine out pack) and be a famous/celebrity chef...once I remake him anyway. He accidentally died of poison bc I didn’t realize it was fatal. Whoops!
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I absolutely adored reading everyone's stories here! Thank you so much for keeping the thread alive! I'm currently a bit sick and feeling under the weather, so I didn't have time to explore the new pack as much as I would like to. I promise to be back when I've got some new stories fresh in my mind. Again, thanks so much and happy Simming, everyone! <3<3<3
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I recreated Matthew Hamming from TS3 Late Night. I want to make him a successful actor, but not a successful lover (a kiss here, a date there, but all women just want his fame/reputation/money) until he meets his co-star on a new movie Tiara Angelista. They will be happily married and have a daughter (Sharpay) and a son (Arthur Landon).
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Actually, scrap what I said before... no, not really, I will still do that one day, but for now I have a different idea that I can already work on.

So the Goths are the only premade family I'm actively playing, and I have a "wicked cultured" theme going on with them: Every member pursues an artistic hobby and a fitting aspiration to go with it, but secretly has another, rather shady job. Bella is a painter and an evil spy, Mortimer is a writer and an interstellar smuggler, and Cassandra, now at the verge of growing up, will become a virtuoso violinist and a criminal hacker. She's good friends with Malcolm Landgraab, another premade sim from a rather untrustworthy family, who will probably move in and marry her and join the other branch of the criminal career.

Now imagine how much more fun this will be with Get Famous, with the Goths constantly trying to keep up the facade and not let anyone know anything about them that might damage their pristine reputation. By the time I get the expansion, Alexander will also be old enough to get a job, he will become an actor and the most famous of them all, but secretly a kleptomaniac vampire stalking people at home, not only stealing their stuff, but also their blood. I can already see mafia overlord Malcom being very busy... ahem... silencing civilians who might find out about this.