Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Island Challenge: Day 11 - All Work and No Play (May 18 update)

Hi everyone,

I'm currently playing The Island Challenge by Simproved and am posting regular updates to my WordPress blog. The basic premise is that a pair of Sims find themselves stranded on a deserted island and must endure the will of an angry god to become the ultimate survivors.

The challenge succeeds when you have 8 sims living on the island that are at least level 4 in fishing, fitness and gardening. To get to 8 sims, you either have babies or additional sims get washed ashore. A few kind simmers have provided me with sims who may be randomly chosen to get washed ashore. (If you’d like to submit a sim, please see my original request hidden behind the spoiler.)

Zoe Grayson and Miles O’Connor (shown below) are the pair of sims who are stranded on the island.

M1qxsPg.jpgR7I0bMp.jpg

You can find links to all of my Sims challenges on my WordPress blog: Lily Parker's Sims Challenges

These are The Island Challenge posts so far:
Comments and questions are welcome!
:)

If anyone's interested in taking on The Island Challenge, the Resources page on my blog includes a link to the island that @Simproved created, which is available in the gallery. You can also read about it using the link on The Sims 4 Challenge List forum post by @Meeshelby. It's listed under Story / Gameplay Based Challenges.
SIMS & BACKSTORIES:
If you're interested in creating a sim who may be washed ashore by the will of the gods, that'd be great! As part of the rules, I have to randomize the traits and aspiration for any new sim added to the island, and they can be any age. The sim can look and dress any way I'd like. (I'm open to using cc skin, hair and clothing if you provide the links so I can download them. Otherwise, I may use a skin I already have.) The most important part of this is the sim's backstory. How did they end up on the island? Be creative! Their overall look and clothes should reflect their backstory. When posting to the gallery, please use the hashtags: #LilyParker #IslandChallenge.
  • For example, Zoe and Miles were on a singles' cruise, heading out for a day trip to the beach. They were each wearing a summer outfit with flip-flops and a bathing suit underneath their shorts. So, in CAS, every outfit is the same as their Everyday outfit except for the Swimwear and Sleep categories, which both feature the same bathing suit. (If having a bathing suit doesn't make sense with the sim's backstory, use underwear for the Swimwear and Sleep categories.)
Throughout the challenge, dice rolls decide if/when a sim is added to the island, something good happens for your sims or, if the fire god is angry enough, one of your sims is killed. I've never had to kill a sim before and am hoping that doesn't happen, but if it will bother you if that happens to your sim, please don't submit one. I'm not in control of the dice rolls.

Thanks! If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm excited to see what you come up with! :D
Currently blogging about The Island Challenge on Lily Parker's Sims Challenges (WordPress).
Abandoned Kids Challenge
and Toddler Mania Challenge stories are complete.
Post edited by LilyParker on

Comments

• CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    This sounds interesting. I would like to create a washed up sim for you. However I'll be away from my pc till sometime tomorrow or later. I'll be back when I have a sim to share. :)
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• MacainianMacainian Posts: 6 New Member
    Like Charliimai, this sounds really interesting, so I just came up with one, Idc what it really looks like, but I can describe a sim, and think of a backstory if that's okay!

- Elisa Hallman

Skin: Black
    Hair: Dark Brown
    Eyes: Dark Brown
    Top: A pink colored tank top, with a necklace of some sort.
    Bottoms: Some denim shorts, that go to her knees
    Backstory: She had a family line of fishers, so her parents expected her to be a fisher too, but honestly, she wanted to paint, and do crafts, but her parents disapproved, they just wanted her to fish, and get a good education, so, one night, she grabbed her clothes and shoved them into bags; She grabbed her art supplies and food and hurried to one of the boats. She went off, inspired by the night's fresh air, and the way the moonlight reflected onto the water, she fell asleep, and she woke up greeted by two people... Named Zoe and Miles.
  • LilyParkerLilyParker Posts: 1,144 Member
    Charliimai wrote: »
    This sounds interesting. I would like to create a washed up sim for you. However I'll be away from my pc till sometime tomorrow or later. I'll be back when I have a sim to share. :)
    @Charliimai
    Thanks -- that sounds great! I've read descriptions of some of the characters you've created in other threads, and they all sound so interesting. Can't wait! :D
    Currently blogging about The Island Challenge on Lily Parker's Sims Challenges (WordPress).
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
    Macainian wrote: »
    Like Charliimai, this sounds really interesting, so I just came up with one, Idc what it really looks like, but I can describe a sim, and think of a backstory if that's okay!

- Elisa Hallman

Skin: Black
    Hair: Dark Brown
    Eyes: Dark Brown
    Top: A pink colored tank top, with a necklace of some sort.
    Bottoms: Some denim shorts, that go to her knees
    Backstory: She had a family line of fishers, so her parents expected her to be a fisher too, but honestly, she wanted to paint, and do crafts, but her parents disapproved, they just wanted her to fish, and get a good education, so, one night, she grabbed her clothes and shoved them into bags; She grabbed her art supplies and food and hurried to one of the boats. She went off, inspired by the night's fresh air, and the way the moonlight reflected onto the water, she fell asleep, and she woke up greeted by two people... Named Zoe and Miles.
    @Macainian
    Great backstory! See, that's the part I struggle with. Creating a sim is the easier part for me. I'm happy to help with that. I'd like you to help me pick Elisa's hairstyle, if you don't mind. To help you decide, I took a YA sim I had created before and put her in a bunch of different hairstyles that I'd typically use based on your description. I'll create the teen sim from scratch and use the hairstyle you pick. If you had something different in mind, just describe it and I'll go from there. To pick a hairstyle, just tell me what number it is, assuming they're numbered 1-9, going left to right across each row. Thanks!

1mlogcD.jpgQAGxAjz.jpgY6Cbrq8.jpgSGkstId.jpgjVxvwx8.jpg
    x0aymMo.jpgOQqohok.jpgwD1rIAH.jpgIkL8R3G.jpg
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
    edited November 2018
    Sorry it took so long I've been having internet issues today (every time I try to post it goes out) I did manage to get a couple of sims uploaded.

Meet Cloud.
    k4htw3.jpg
    Hey there the name's Cloud. Yeah Just Cloud.
    You wanna know about me?
    I am but a lump of cells. Malleable and able to change at a whim. Like the clouds in the sky man.. Moved and changed by the wind , rain, space and the universe.
    I too am a product of my environment. I listen to the earth. Do you hear it? ...The plants they speak to me.. man.. they tell me what they need. I nurture them and they show their gratitude by providing life.. fruit, herb, vegetables.
    It's a ever rotating circle of love and Life..
    How'd i get here? The universe spoke and i listened deep. Also I got on the wrong boat and tried to swim back to shore but the water man.. it must of heard the call too and carried me to this island.

And here is Angelica Thompson-Windsor-Jones
    98a4qh.jpg
    Angelica Thompson-Windsor-Jones is a young lady with a purpose. That purpose to get rich and stay that way. She likes the older gentleman as far as husbands go because it's never long before their fortune becomes hers. Struggling to lose husband #3. A private cruise is booked and an unfortunate accident planned. But misfortune favors the wicked and theres no-one around to rescue her when she's the one that ends up overboard.

(Never one to go without her face fully made up.[you never know when a potential future husband is in the area] Luckily she keeps her emegency makeup kit in the Bust of her swimming costume. )
    cSXsPD.jpg

@Charliimai
    Thanks! Cloud and Angelica are awesome -- what characters they are! I've favorited them both so I can download them when I go back in game. I'm writing the first chapter of the story now. A dice roll will decide if/when a sim gets washed ashore. I have to randomize their traits, so I hope they'll still make sense with your storyline. I'll try my best to do them justice.

Sorry you're having internet issues. I appreciate that you took the time to create two sims and submit them. :)
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    I will be creating a sim for this.
    Here we go...

Household: Stranded Divorced Man
    Sim Name: Devon Lowery
    Bio: Divorced from his wife and banned by court order from visitation with his kids all due to coming out as a crossdesser, Devon Lowery needed some time off to refresh himself before starting life as a divorced man. He decided a cruise would be a good idea. He decided to be on an LGBT cruise since he is bisexual in addition to being a crossdresser, this way he can experience being free and for a moment living life to the fullest. The cruise started out as the time of his life between the warm weather, his abity to wear his favorite clothes with little hassle, the drinks, the dancing, the woohooing (with men & women), and being on a mother-plumming boat.

However, after a date on the cruise went wrong, Devon found himself washed up on an island in a lifeboat with no idea how he got there. He thinks that the ex boyfriend of the man he had an incredible date with the night before had something to do with this but with being on an island he's not sure of away from anyone that can help, Devon is stranded.

The small silver lining is that he still has all of his fabulous dresses, shoes, and jewelry with him so he can still feel glamourous while he tries to figure out how he ended up like Tom Hanks' character from Castaway (and he can communicate with his purse "Coach" if he truly goes without company for years on this island).

This stranded sim can be found with the hashtags #IslandChallenge #LilyParker #Divorced #Crossdresser #bisexual in addition to using the link above.
    @VanPelt81
    Thanks! Devon has quite a backstory -- love it! I've favorited him so I can download him when I get back in game. After the latest patch, I'm making sure my mods are updated before going back to my challenge save. I had played out the first few days of my challenge so a couple of things had been set in motion before I posted this request. (Can't share without spoiling it for my readers.)

I'm hoping the dice rolls are in my favor and I'll get to use all 4 sims you, @Macainian and @Charliimai have graciously provided me because I love them all. Such unique backstories!
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
    They are a unique bunch so far, Hopefully you get a few more. I usually read on my phone so hadn't noticed your blog link in your Siggie before I have read what you posted so far and will be following the story as it goes. Fun start!
    cSXsPD.jpg

edited November 2018
    Charliimai wrote: »
    They are a unique bunch so far, Hopefully you get a few more. I usually read on my phone so hadn't noticed your blog link in your Siggie before I have read what you posted so far and will be following the story as it goes. Fun start!
    @Charliimai
    They certainly are a unique bunch, and I love that! Thanks for reading! I just published Day 1 this morning, which you've probably seen. I'll link the posts here in case anyone else wants to have a look.

This is where you can find links to all of my Sims challenges (WordPress): Lily Parker's Sims Challenges
    These are The Island Challenge posts so far: Comments and questions are welcome! :)

If anyone's interested in taking on The Island Challenge, the Resources page on my blog includes a link to the island that @Simproved created, which is available in the gallery. You can also read about it using the link on The Sims 4 Challenge List forum post by @Meeshelby. It's listed under Story / Gameplay Based Challenges.
    Post edited by LilyParker on
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
    This is cool so far. Hopefully Devon Lower ends up on the island at some point. Also, let me know if you need another castaway.
    VanPelt81 wrote: »
    This is cool so far. Hopefully Devon Lower ends up on the island at some point. Also, let me know if you need another castaway.
    @VanPelt81
    Thanks! Will do. :)
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
    @VanPelt81
    I just went into CAS after downloading your sim and found that Devon was missing his hair and some of his clothes. :( I should've specified which Game Packs, EPs and SPs I have (or don't have). So sorry about that! Please let me know how you want to handle this. One option is to choose hairstyle and clothing items from the EPs/SPs I have and upload Devon again. Or, if you don't want to edit Devon's current state of 'perfection' :), you could post pics of what you'd like him to wear and I can edit him in CAS for my own use.

Expansion Packs: I have all of them except Get Famous.
    Game Packs: I have all of them.
    Stuff Packs I have only these:
    • Toddler
    • Bowling Night
    • Backyard
    • Romantic Garden
    • Movie Hangout
    • Perfect Patio
    • Luxury Party
    Devon also had items from these SPs that I don't have:
    • Fitness
    • Vintage Glamour
    • Spooky
    Thank you!
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
    LilyParker wrote: »
    @VanPelt81
    I just went into CAS after downloading your sim and found that Devon was missing his hair and some of his clothes. :( I should've specified which Game Packs, EPs and SPs I have (or don't have). So sorry about that! Please let me know how you want to handle this. One option is to choose hairstyle and clothing items from the EPs/SPs I have and upload Devon again. Or, if you don't want to edit Devon's current state of 'perfection' :), you could post pics of what you'd like him to wear and I can edit him in CAS for my own use.

Expansion Packs: I have all of them except Get Famous.
    Game Packs: I have all of them.
    Stuff Packs I have only these:
    • Toddler
    • Bowling Night
    • Backyard
    • Romantic Garden
    • Movie Hangout
    • Perfect Patio
    • Luxury Party
    Devon also had items from these SPs that I don't have:
    • Fitness
    • Vintage Glamour
    • Spooky
    Thank you!

Devon has mainly Get Famous items. I will make a version with different items.
    A Version of Devon without the packs you don't have is now available here...

A Version of Devon without the packs you don't have is now available here...

@VanPelt81
    Thanks so much for dressing Devon in different outfits! I've downloaded and fave'd him again, and I'm happy to say he is now fully dressed in CAS. The only thing that didn't come across was his "self-absorbed" trait. That's OK because the challenge rules call for randomized traits for anyone who gets washed ashore.

I will be buying Get Famous at some point, but I didn't want the "shiny new object" in my game to distract me from completing The Island Challenge. I know myself too well. ;)
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
    Hi everyone! Now that The Island Challenge is fully underway, I've updated my OP with some new info and a link to all published chapters. I'll continue to update the list as I add posts to my blog.

And watch this space to see which of our fellow simmers' creations will be featured in the story. I will be randomly selecting one of the following 4 sims as the first sim to get washed ashore on the island:
    1. Elisa Hallman - by @Macainian
    2. Cloud - by @Charliimai
    3. Angelica Thompson-Windsor-Jones - by @Charliimai
    4. Devon Lowery - by @VanPelt81
    If you'd like to submit a sim, there's still time. Please check behind the spoiler in my OP.

Since I haven't heard back from @Macainian about which hairstyle she'd prefer for Elisa, I chose the one I thought looked best on the sim I created, using Macainian's description. Meet Elisa Hallman (teen):

AP1CD0G.jpgJpS6TX9.jpgdYZlnNi.jpg

Thanks and happy simming! :)
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
    edited December 2018
    Hi, everyone! A new chapter of The Island Challenge is now available. I just posted Day 6 - Newcomer on my WordPress blog. Hmm, could it be that a sim has washed ashore on the island? Sure sounds like it. Maybe it's Elisa, or Cloud, or perhaps it's Angelica or Devon. All sims are randomly selected, but who are you routing for?

Maybe you wish it were your sim instead? I'm still taking submissions for sims and backstories. If you're interested, just check the OP for details (behind the spoiler). Since the holiday sales were too good to pass up, I now have ALL packs, including Get Famous. So, the previous limitations have been lifted. You can use any content you'd like.

Thanks and happy simming! :)
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
    zK5BF2k.jpg

Hello, simmers! The next chapter of The Island Challenge is now available on my WordPress blog if you're interested. It's Day 7 - Anticipation.

Hope you enjoy it!
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
    NOS35ih.jpg

Hi, everyone! I just posted the next chapter of The Island Challenge on my WordPress blog. Day 8 - Doubly Blessed is now available if you'd like to take a peek.

Hope you enjoy it!
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
    Hi, everyone! The next chapter of The Island Challenge is now available for viewing if you're interested. Day 9 - Unpredictable was a very eventful day for our castaways.

Hope you enjoy it!
    PJ1EFBz.jpg
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
    Cool, a new castaway has joined.
    Cool, a new castaway has joined.
    Hi, @VanPelt81. Thanks for checking out my story! So far, Devon hasn't made it to the island, but there are only two sims left now unless anyone else decides to submit one. Maybe the randomizer will put Devon at the top of the list next time! :wink:
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
    Hi, everyone! The next chapter of The Island Challenge is now available for viewing if you're interested: Day 10 - Invigorated.

My apologies for the lengthy delay between chapters. Hope you enjoy it!
    UQcnJSx.jpg
    Abandoned Kids Challenge