Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How can our sims become famous singers?

Do we have any information on this yet? I know they’re to become famous in any career or skill, but how can I play out a famous singer? How would my sim gain money from it? Can we make “concert halls” and use the mic to perform?

Comments

• wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    If you have season's you can busk in the town and in the season's
    Lots, like Geek con, karokkee nights down town. It's be a start,
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited November 2018
    Yupp.

Sorry, couldn't resist. :p
    *I read the title as 'Can our sims become famous singers'
    Post edited by IceyJ on
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    edited November 2018
    The singing skill itself has a lot to do, you can write lyrics and then get those lisenced and make money from that, you can also sing using the instruments in public places and you’ll earn tips, I’m sure if you get famous from the skill itself you’ll be presented with opportunities to make money and fame.
  • yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    Ok thank you guys!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Yes I have a sim who is a level 10 singer. I think I'm going to have her become a singing celeb.
    @catloverplayer same here, I really want to play through with a famous singer
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    So ashamed I can't rap when I'm at level 10 singing skill
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    I am currently making my save for Get Famous and putting real singers in there. Justin Bieber, Justin Timberlake, Mariah Carey and Beyonce. I will make them all 5 star celebs and max out their singing skill and probably max out Bieber and Timberlake's guitar skill.

We are just missing celebs singing on stage for a crowd which stinks but it is what it is.
    I really want to make Ariana Grande so I wish they would give us tiny dresses. I don’t use CC but I might have to start
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited November 2018
    I think your sim will mainly get fame through what they sell or if they are seen performing, and I don't know maybe through skill building too... Once they become known and start getting perks they can make that fame snowball and depending on the perks get stuff out of it (and traits we have in game now will also help). Personally I want some distance between my sim and the crowd so I'm trying to figure ways to accomplish this. I'm hoping the hazard tape will help with building buffered areas. Not sure though.. I have to see what builders can create.
    I've been testing setting clubs to watch live performance and coming up with stuff like this so far this one is just what happens in a nightclub when I cordon other sims off (I'm glad we can build on the fly in these places). He was tipped continuously..
    bfhs9v.png
    And this happened when I set a club meeting (need GT) to watch live entertainment in this particular restaurant. I had to delete the door behind my singer because they gathered around him. They seemed to watch him walking by and for very short periods if below.. they want to get as close as they can on the singers level so far. I'm hoping with just a stage above and not other access they might watch but haven't tested that out yet.
    3130exk.png
    Post edited by Hermitgirl on
    egTcBMc.png
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    wrenstales wrote: »

Actually, you need City Living for this.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    wrenstales wrote: »

Actually, you need City Living for this.

You actually need City Living with everything that has to do with Singing actually, since the skill comes from that EP.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,761 Member
    Hmm, I wonder if you can use the floor markers from Get Famous to make sure they watch infant of the stage instead of getting on stage to watch him.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    They should add sing to the comedians microphone, then singers could sing at clubs.
    edited November 2018
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    They should add sing to the comedians microphone, then singers could sing at clubs.

You can do that now with the microphone.. and sing while playing instruments too. You have to have GT of course.
    egTcBMc.png
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

You can do that now with the microphone.. and sing while playing instruments too. You have to have GT of course.

I think you have to have City Living?
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

I think you have to have City Living?

Oh you're right.. morning brain :)
    egTcBMc.png
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    I am currently making my save for Get Famous and putting real singers in there. Justin Bieber, Justin Timberlake, Mariah Carey and Beyonce. I will make them all 5 star celebs and max out their singing skill and probably max out Bieber and Timberlake's guitar skill.

We are just missing celebs singing on stage for a crowd which stinks but it is what it is.

With City Living, you can use a microphone to perform for a crowd. Just place it on a stage, like in Hermitgirl's pics. Higher fame levels will attract bigger crowds.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    aaronrulz wrote: »

With City Living, you can use a microphone to perform for a crowd. Just place it on a stage, like in Hermitgirl's pics. Higher fame levels will attract bigger crowds.

Purrrfect ;)
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif