Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thoughts on world after today's livestream?

ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
I was wondering what everyone's opinions were after today's livestream. :)

I think that though the world is still pretty small lot wise, the amount of detail was really cool. I'm not sure yet if I'd move my family there, as I love Windenburg, but I have to admit the old money mansion area was beautiful!
"Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
Origin ID: simaddict1990
Post edited by ashcrash19 on

Comments

• 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    This world is so beautiful! And at the end, one of the Antonio or Morgan couldn't forgot to show us new songs in a new radio station!
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Like they said in the stream, I like how the neighborhoods have different vibes. Despite the huge af lots, Mirage Park clearly feels like a low end place to live while The Pinnacles feels like the land of the rich. I'm actually temped to have a family start out in Mirage Park and have them work their way up to the Pinnacles. It actually sounds like it would be fun.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    There was a new stream about the world?
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Yes. I think this was the one that was supposed to be last Friday, Nov 6 but it got rescheduled to today because of something else the developers had scheduled.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Yes. I think this was the one that was supposed to be last Friday, Nov 6 but it got rescheduled to today because of something else the developers had scheduled.

This one was always planned for today -- the one that got rescheduled was Tuesday's about the Fame and Reputation systems.

I'm still disappointed about the number of lots but it seems to be quite well laid out, with lots of the public spaces to explore. I'm still thinking an urban park for the large lot in Mirage Park, but since there's the small park nearby with monkey bars and jungle gym my play area can be small, swings and maybe the toddler ball pit and slide. I also want a community center with some of the kids skill items, then a picnic area, basketball and hopefully a raised stage for performing arts (acting/music/comedy). I say "hopefully" because it depends how easily I master the new terrain tools. :| The one lounge that looks like an old theater I'm going to make a karaoke bar, and put a formalwear shop on the 20x20 "park" lot. I was thinking of putting a nightclub where the museum is but I do like that museum so I'll likely keep it. (I like the new half wall too -- might have to resurrect my art gallery/shop and remodel it with those new walls. I could even use my Rob Boss Sim to become a famous artist then run the shop.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    So where is the link to the recorded version? Those of us who work for a living and/or live in a different time zone can't see it when it happens. This may come as a shock to EA, but the world doesn't revolve around them.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    So where is the link to the recorded version? Those of us who work for a living and/or live in a different time zone can't see it when it happens. This may come as a shock to EA, but the world doesn't revolve around them.

..... The link is right here. I wasn't here for the stream either and I found it with no problem. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/950602/lets-watch-get-famous-del-sol-valley-and-build-buy
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    ashcrash19 wrote: »
    I was wondering what everyones opinions were after today's livestream. :)

I think that though the world is still pretty small lot wise, the amount of detail was really cool. I'm not sure yet if I'd move my family there, as I love Windenburg, but I have to admit the old money mansion area was beautiful!

Those lighted palm trees. I can't just can't. :):)
    edited November 2018

I had to work as well but I watched the Replay. If you can't see it live then you can't see it. Thank goodness for the replays.
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    This world is so beautiful! And at the end, one of the Antonio or Morgan couldn't forgot to show us new songs in a new radio station!

2 of the new songs played before the livestream started while they were prepping. I'm assuming they were new anyway.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »

2 of the new songs played before the livestream started while they were prepping. I'm assuming they were new anyway.
    I didn't know the song name and the name of the artists
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I did finalise what I wanted to do with all the lots though:

Bailey-Moon household will have to be fixed by me bc the entryway to that house is atrocious and bugs me that it's not centered to the street; it looks like most of their yard is empty space anyway so it won't be a hard fix. The rest of that house seems to look okay. Maybe the missing toilet is still missing.

The one empty lot in the low-end neighborhood can prob fit a huge renthouse of some type, either simulating apartments/townhomes or some old-school manor or something. Either way I'm bad at building and will scour for someone else who has a building that would fit there.

Starlight Boulevard will get a thorough look-over in B/B mode; I know I still want to keep the museum and the converted cinema lounge, and am still removing the high-end lounge for either a spa or restaurant or something. One of those will go there and the other will most likely replace the gym; I have enough gyms in the world as is. The tiny park lot is still unknown what to replace with, but it is getting replaced.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member

Also, if you go to simsvip.com they always have a replay link and other news tidbits that happen.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2018
    ashcrash19 wrote: »

Also, if you go to simsvip.com they always have a replay link and other news tidbits that happen.

You know what I most find ironic - is the fact people say this game was meant to attract young teens - right? But every live play, the Maxis Monthly, and the Maxis Garage is all held at 11a.m. Pacific Time on a week day when all kids those ages are at school. Sure they can see a replay but they can never ask questions or state on the chat how they feel about what's being shown. You would think if EA had a specific age they were gearing to, they would be interested in what those kids had to say and ask - but instead they schedule all communication type with their customers of choice - at a time they can never voice their opinions or ask questions on.

What made me say this is one of my families 13 year olds who is new to the Sims since Sims 4 came out asked me that very question last night - that if Sims 4 was really designed for kids her age why do they keep doing things live with the players only when she is in school. She for one is not allowed to go to multi-age forums yet or on twitter or anywhere else that allows people over 16 to talk to each other - so she has zero ways to communicate with the people who make a game said to be directed at young teens. She says she believes they don't want to hear from kids on what they want and how they feel or they'd do these things when her and her friends could be heard - as her mom would allow her to go on Twitch live at least, except she is in school then.

She has a very good point.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    I think what everyone is forgetting is that the streams are happening during the guru's work hours as well. It's when it's best beneficial for them to do the stream without interrupting their work stream too much, and you have to take their timezone into account as well. And you can still watch the livestream later.

Also the game is rated teen and the teen years are typically 13+. Usually 13 year olds are allowed to join forums and other online sites with a parent's permission. If a parent were going to permit their teen to go on Twitch then I would wager a properly monitored twitter account or official forum account would be ok as well. Especially this forum, which has censors in place for many words. Twitch chat is more dangerous at that age than Twitter or this forum imo.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2018
    Actually she has to use her mothers account. You cannot have your own account here until I believe 16. Her mother will not allow it - so no one can tell her mother it is okay. Even her mother won't come here or twitter and her mom has been a simmer since Sims 2. But in their house the only site is sites her mother approves of for 16 and under period. She would allow a twitch live play because it is live - it's not a chat room, but the 13 year old is at school when it is live.

The ironic part though is not the fact they do things when it is convenient - is the fact their target audience for this game can never view a live interactive chat and viewing of the game - at least not here in most of the US anyway. Even on East Coast and the time is around 2:00pm when it comes on here - it is almost over or is over by the time many kids that age get home.

Well I can see this family member point - even though I always see the live plays and go to all the places Maxis posts as well - many of their target audience does not get to whether it's when they are live or where they converse - many parents of 13 year olds I know - just like this ones mom - only allows them to use age appropriate forums for 16 and under. The least they could do is offer a forum separate from ours for only 16 and under if they are their target audience - but no instead they make them use a parental account where they can go anywhere. My daughter - in - law will never find that acceptable.

So maybe they at Maxis needs to revisit who should be their target audience -

ETA A bit of advice - never tell a mother how to raise their child or that they should allow what ever you think is okay for their child. Never, ever a smart idea. All her mother is doing is trying to keep her daughter safe - so I will support her 100 %, regardless of what anyone thinks. Had this not came up last night when I was talking on the phone with the 13 year old - I'd have never much thought about it. But when the child herself brought it up and feels this way - it was her question, not mine. It is very much fodder for thought.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    My opinion of the world ...
    beautiful
    tiny
    claustrophobic
    useless
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    This is just my personal opinion but I am also confused about the backdrops they chose. If Mirage Park is for sims just starting out what's with all the boats and RVs. How many people do you know just starting out who have big sailboats and RVs in their backyards. It is beautiful but unless sims are living in the RVs this does not feel like an area of starter homes.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    my thoughts are:
    Wish there were more lots
    World is beautiful
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    My opinion hasn't changed. I've always thought the world was beautiful. Reminds me a lot of LA and the surrounding area but doesn't change the fact that there isn't much space livable space as I personally don't like turning obvious commercial areas into residential.
  • poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Actually she has to use her mothers account. You cannot have your own account here until I believe 16. Her mother will not allow it - so no one can tell her mother it is okay. Even her mother won't come here or twitter and her mom has been a simmer since Sims 2. But in their house the only site is sites her mother approves of for 16 and under period. She would allow a twitch live play because it is live - it's not a chat room, but the 13 year old is at school when it is live.

The ironic part though is not the fact they do things when it is convenient - is the fact their target audience for this game can never view a live interactive chat and viewing of the game - at least not here in most of the US anyway. Even on East Coast and the time is around 2:00pm when it comes on here - it is almost over or is over by the time many kids that age get home.

Well I can see this family member point - even though I always see the live plays and go to all the places Maxis posts as well - many of their target audience does not get to whether it's when they are live or where they converse - many parents of 13 year olds I know - just like this ones mom - only allows them to use age appropriate forums for 16 and under. The least they could do is offer a forum separate from ours for only 16 and under if they are their target audience - but no instead they make them use a parental account where they can go anywhere. My daughter - in - law will never find that acceptable.

So maybe they at Maxis needs to revisit who should be their target audience -

ETA A bit of advice - never tell a mother how to raise their child or that they should allow what ever you think is okay for their child. Never, ever a smart idea. All her mother is doing is trying to keep her daughter safe - so I will support her 100 %, regardless of what anyone thinks. Had this not came up last night when I was talking on the phone with the 13 year old - I'd have never much thought about it. But when the child herself brought it up and feels this way - it was her question, not mine. It is very much fodder for thought.

Twitch definitely has a chat. And the chats on Twitch are some of the most vile places on the internet. The sims chat should be safe but in general Twitch is not safe. I also don't recall telling a mother how to raise their child. I was making a statement about how a hypothetical teen could communicate with the simgurus. In this hypothetical situation, if their parent won't speak for them via twitter or elsewhere and the child can't communicate on their own then I guess they just won't be heard. Especially since they would have to chat in the Twitch chat to be seen by the simgurus if they wanted to offer suggestions. Seems like at that point they won't have much luck if a parent won't allow them to chat or use social media. Which kinda just goes back to they can view the VoD at their leisure at that point.

Now that I've actually glanced at the VoD I still don't have many issues with the world. I'm not much a builder so I guess I'm not too worried about it? I could see them doing another empty world down the road but with their budget it could be taxing in the long run.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • joyfulsimmerjoyfulsimmer Posts: 50 Member
    michelei wrote: »
    This is just my personal opinion but I am also confused about the backdrops they chose. If Mirage Park is for sims just starting out what's with all the boats and RVs. How many people do you know just starting out who have big sailboats and RVs in their backyards. It is beautiful but unless sims are living in the RVs this does not feel like an area of starter homes.

I think it may be a cultural thing because where I live almost everyone has boats regardless if you are poor or not. Its just something you own like a car.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    michelei wrote: »

We lived in Cali for 17 years and if you enjoy zipping to the mountains or the beach each weekend, owning a travel trailer is a huge cost saver. It's definitely a west coast cultural thing. You save a huge amount of money because you don't need a hotel room and can bring your own food, saving you the outrageous dine out costs.

A boat with a small sleeping cabin is the exact same thing, just a travel trailer for the water. lol
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg