Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Game Pack Should I Get?

So I've been hoping someone would get me a Sims 4 bundle for Christmas. I know I want Seasons, but I'm torn about which game pack to choose. I like playing a more realistic style (I wouldn't use Vampires for anything but build mode/CAS) and I really want to get the most out of build/buy.

Which Game Pack Should I Get? 63 votes

Vampires
14%
Goegualanmichael1annaliese39MaggieMarleyadele_katSheepilingRexySimmerRae357NoahDream 9 votes
Jungle Adventure
11%
shanls96Bagoas77krabby_pattiessSimsexpertzMadachan88Johnvincent1229memequeenpart2 7 votes
Parenthood
69%
icmnfrshLaBlue0314alexspoom13aelias24youilivefor92AnmirlaMagdaleenarobyngravesBluellestilljustme2papertongueSonata13SingerCarzeebearrambahadoerMissmagoo2ParmaViolet87Winifred_WillowLatinaBunnyVentusMattBreazona 44 votes
Outdoor Retreat
4%
EricasFreePlayEvie0602lydiaofmemeteam 3 votes

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    It's really a toss up between the other three options then, depending on your personal preferences. If you're big on family play then Parenthood would be the best choice. Otherwise, OR vs JA is really just a matter of which theme appeals to you the most.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited November 2018
    Parenthood
    If you don't want to play with Vampires, don't get Vampires because there will be Vamp townies creeping around.

Personally, I think Vampires and Parenthood are the best made packs out of all the packs (including EPs). Parenthood (and the newest version of toddlers) turned me into a family player. The way they changed the skills and the options that Parenthood adds made me really appreciate the younger life stages.
    And I really love Vampire toddlers. ;)

As far as build/buy, your style would determine if you were interested in a more rustic outdoorsy look or a Southwestern look. OR and JA are going to give you more in build/buy, but may limit universal gameplay.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • whimreaperwhimreaper Posts: 361 Member
    @Anmirla Thanks for your input! It helps to see the pros/cons of each.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited November 2018
    Parenthood
    whimreaper wrote: »
    @Anmirla Thanks for your input! It helps to see the pros/cons of each.

You're welcome. I'm a little biased for Vampires and Parenthood, but can definitely appreciate items in the other packs. JA is more of a single save pack for me. I would probably use OR more if we had Witches because I think I would have them studying herbalism and they would need to go to Granite Falls to collect the plants. These vacations are not cheap! :D

I don't know if you realized this, but if you scroll down to the bottom of each page for the packs on the store page, there will be little pics of each item.
    OR: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/store/mac-pc-download-addon-the-sims-4-outdoor-retreat
    JA: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/store/mac-pc-download-addon-the-sims-4-jungle-adventure
    Parenthood: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/store/mac-pc-download-addon-the-sims-4-parenthood
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited November 2018
    Parenthood
    I felt like Parenthood was an easy pick because of the realistic gameplay, but definitely consider the vacation packs if you would rather have your sim travel somewhere than focus on raising a family.
    1. I would say that Parenthood has the best gameplay. Kids get school projects and sims get new traits that depend on how they're raised. Playing any family with kids it's very easy to get use of this pack. My favourite items from the build mode are the night lamps.

2. The best single item in all these packs is the tent from Outdoor Retreat. You can take it and go camping in any world you like. The build mode perhaps doesn't look very exciting, but I personally like visiting Granite Falls every now and then, especially with seasons.

3. The best way to get rich is to hunt treasures in Jungle Adventure. Overall though I think exploring the temples is just an okay experience. Still the world looks more exotic than Granite Falls and the build mode has some plants which I like.

4. I wouldn't get Vampires just for build/CAS if the theme doesn't interest you otherwise. I do love Vampires myself and some players who usually prefer realistic gameplay have ended up liking them, BUT the vampires will break into your house and drink from your sims, so it's not a good choice if you think that will bother you.
    @luimistelija Thanks for the breakdown! It definitely helps to consider that Granite Falls works well with seasons.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited November 2018
    Vampires
    Oh sorry, you said you won’t play vampires. In that case, parenthood.

Ditto. I had to choose vampires, but then I love vampires and it is my favourite pack. Parenthood is a close second and I use it in virtually all my builds.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Parenthood
    If you're more of a realism player, Parenthood is the way to go out of the four, though Outdoor Retreat would be a close second for those family vacations. Parenthood adds a lot more depth to playing families, plus I do like cheating some of the Parenthood traits onto the existing premades that I don't plan on actively playing. I also love the furniture style -- very homey and fun. I think it would go well with Seasons since so much of that pack revolves around home-based activities (holidays and events).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    But then again you kinda need to send your sims off on vacation or adventure/vacation. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
    @BlkBarbiegal I completely agree, which is why I'm so torn! I love the aesthetic of Selvadorada, but I don't know how well the items would go with the other build/buy items.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    There are already some very good insights here, so I'm just going to post my personal view.
    Parenthood is the way to go if you like to play with families. I would say it is a "must have" in that case.
    Outdoor Retreat is great if you like to play rags to riches. The furniture (beds, coolers and shower) are great for that. Also it comes with some of my favourite hair styles in game and some of the shoes are great for Seasons.
    Jungle Adventure is a good pack if you like a new way for your Sims to make money without being employed. I also like to curse Sims that are annoying with the relics (the Zazatotl relic is awesome for that).
    8nXeddM.jpg
    I don't think I would get it without having Outdoor Retreat though, I like to use the tents, beds, portable shower etc in the jungle.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • simgravessimgraves Posts: 291 Member
    Parenthood
    I personally like parenthood and think it's one of their well done game packs. It comes with a lot of new features and it's really helpful if you like family play/legacy but if you don't really play with children then I don't really recommend.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Parenthood
    LOVE Parenthood. Total game changer for me. It has all this nice CAS and BB to boot. Of course, you'd get more mileage out of it if you play with families, but it also comes with a lot of nice stuff.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Parenthood
    If you like real-life type gameplay, Parenthood is excellent. Great for the families. It's kind of a must-have, honestly.

though not gonna lie, i like vampires a lot. don't worry about the break-ins, NPC vamps cannot turn you, you won't end up with an accidental vampire in the household. they just want a snack. and the gothic build-buy stuff is excellent, so if you don't mind having them roam around your world, it's a great pack...but yeah, don't get it if you hate them lmao

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    I would go for Parenthood (which I have). Jungle Adventure and Outdoor Retreat (I still need to get this one myself) would be next but only because those contain vacation worlds, not worlds your Sims can live in.
  • CarzeebearCarzeebear Posts: 17 Member
    Parenthood
    Yeah if you like realistic style play, parenthood is the perfect option, especially with seasons. It's great seeing how the parenthood traits and scout badges overlap
  • DemotrainDemotrain Posts: 6 New Member
    To be honest My favorite one is vampires so you have a reason to gain strength without having to use luck in jungle adventure. oh and unless if you start from the beginning stage parenthood is kinda boring and outdoor adventure is fun for the first few adventure but It gets boring quickly
  • DemotrainDemotrain Posts: 6 New Member
    > @luimistelija said:
    > I felt like Parenthood was an easy pick because of the realistic gameplay, but definitely consider the vacation packs if you would rather have your sim travel somewhere than focus on raising a family.
    >
    > * I would say that Parenthood has the best gameplay. Kids get school projects and sims get new traits that depend on how they're raised. Playing any family with kids it's very easy to get use of this pack. My favourite items from the build mode are the night lamps.
    >
    >
    > * The best single item in all these packs is the tent from Outdoor Retreat. You can take it and go camping in any world you like. The build mode perhaps doesn't look very exciting, but I personally like visiting Granite Falls every now and then, especially with seasons.
    >
    >
    > * The best way to get rich is to hunt treasures in Jungle Adventure. Overall though I think exploring the temples is just an okay experience. Still the world looks more exotic than Granite Falls and the build mode has some plants which I like.
    >
    >
    > * I wouldn't get Vampires just for build/CAS if the theme doesn't interest you otherwise. I do love Vampires myself and some players who usually prefer realistic gameplay have ended up liking them, BUT the vampires will break into your house and drink from your sims, so it's not a good choice if you think that will bother you.

It can give you a reason for a rivalry (mainly vlad goes for you and takes a deep drink)
  • GoeguGoegu Posts: 17 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires