Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Venue content replaced or no longer works

I've been playing Sims 3 for as long as it's been around, but I've never seen this glitch before. When I load something like Grim's Mansion the structure is there, but the windows are all Ventana, not the stain glass that comes with the house. All the tombs are replaced with the Atlas statue, the fence, gate, even the doors are wrong. The thing is, I have all the missing items! The stain glass windows are right there in Build mode, along with the fence and doors etc. But I have to painstakingly replace all of them to get it back to original status.

In addition, none of my paid items like the pizza oven work anymore. WTH? FWIW, yes I use NRAAS but that's not new either - I've been a loyal fan for as long as he's been posting. I've tried deleting and re-installing the venues in question. It just wasted time but made no difference. What the heck did I do? Or what corrupted or... Help?

Many thanks.

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    If most or all of your premium store content items are not functioning properly, that would indicate breakage of the small ccmerged.package file that must live in DCBackup. Is yours still there or might you have removed it during a potentially over-zealous cleanup of the folder?

If it's still there, it might be time for a replacement of the file. That can be accomplished by deleting the file and reinstalling all of your premium store content so it can rebuild itself. The less painful way is to replace the one you have with Nonamena's version of it; note the downloadable version she offers if you scroll down a bit.
    https://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012/05/17/dcbackup-ccmerged-package-and-your-premium-content-items

If the rebuilt or replaced ccmerged file doesn't help, then try keeping it in DCBackup anyway but put a second copy into Mods\Overrides.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • L_B_DL_B_D Posts: 16 Member
    I know just enough to know ccmerged.package is important (do not delete!) but not why. It's still there. Delete file, reinstall content, backup. Got it. You. Are. AWESOME!!! Many many thanks.