Friday Highlights for November 9th are here! Head over here to check them out!

Friday Highlight November 9th- A week on The Sims forums

EA_DavidEA_David Posts: 223 EA Community Manager
Sul Sul Simmers!

It's been an exciting week, with the new patch just around the corner and Get Famous just a week away!

WmjxHNZ.png
Credit to @RedDestiny92 for the classic pic!
We have a Get Famous: Del Sol Valley & Build/Buy stream coming later today, check your local time for it here. You can also catch up on the other recent videos if you missed anything!: Have a great weekend, and as ever please give any feedback and callouts below!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 139,010 Member
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 4,738 Member
    Oh cool thanks for sharing my pic :smiley:
    @rosemow thanks sug', one of my favorites.
    Lost, last seen on the gallery with a 1 at the end of her name.
    36780960893_1ceac97ff8_b.jpg
    Prettiest gold digger ever
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 9,470 Member
    Look at toddler dancing! So cute! Great pic @RedDestiny92

The less you respond to negative people the more peaceful your life will become.

Get Famous Giveaway
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/949653/giveaway-get-famous/p1
  • bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 524 Member
    omg I forgot my sims could do that. thanks for adding to my game.
  • moonlightxsimsmoonlightxsims Posts: 2 New Member
    so yeah im a new member :/ so i cant make my own thread but anyways i need help! i have the sims 4 64 bit version and i have about 3 or 4 gb of cc if that helps but anyways I went into CAS today and i filtered my clothes to custom content. regular games clothes came up aswell as my cc :/ this happened to me before but i removed some cc out and it fixed the problem. i tried removing cc but it didnt help :neutral: is this a bug or is it just my cc is anyone else having the same problem?! btw can you like this thread so i can be able to get points :smile:
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 65 Member
    edited November 9
    @moonlightxsims That sounds like a bug. Your CC is always supposed to show on it's own if you set the filters that way. It has never happened to me.
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,164 Member
    @moonlightxsims -I've had that happen once where my game loaded and it was vanilla.I exited it right away and checked to find I still had my install testing Sims 3 folder in and my usual game folder wasn't in where it was supposed to be which meant I loaded my game from the wrong folder.I'd check for something like that if I was you and noticed none of my Mods or CC were in my game.
    30466290060_aa38ca55fa_o.jpg
  • cashiuscashius Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi everyone! New member - avid Simmer since the original game came out when I was in elementary school. Been devout from the start <3 So excited to be a part of the forums, and I cant wait for Fame next week! I've been watching a ton of previews and reviews of the game, and it looks incredible. I love that EA is constantly incorporating pop culture into the series.
  • LivysimskittyLivysimskitty Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello I hope everybody is having a marvellous day.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 1,767 Member
    so yeah im a new member :/ so i cant make my own thread but anyways i need help! i have the sims 4 64 bit version and i have about 3 or 4 gb of cc if that helps but anyways I went into CAS today and i filtered my clothes to custom content. regular games clothes came up aswell as my cc :/ this happened to me before but i removed some cc out and it fixed the problem. i tried removing cc but it didnt help :neutral: is this a bug or is it just my cc is anyone else having the same problem?! btw can you like this thread so i can be able to get points :smile:

@moonlightxsims Hi there, welcome to the forums!

Try going into your Sims 4 folder and deleting the localthumbcache file. This file is connected to CC changes and can cause glitches whenever you change your mods folder.

I recommend first that you back up your Sims 4 folder before making any changes, just in case something goes wrong. Then delete the localthumbcache file. I also recommend patching the game in Origin after you do this. But first remove your mods folder to your desktop, let it patch, then put your mods folder back in. The game will probably generate a new folder when it patches so just switch it out with your original one. When you load the game, check the game settings to make sure your mods and CC are checked off to load. Sometimes the game disables them and you have to restart.

Hopefully this will help fix the issue. The localthumbcache file should be deleted every time you change your mods folder by adding or removing any CC or mods. I've gotten into the habit of deleting this file every single time before starting up my game, even if I only added one new piece of CC. It seems to help refresh it in CAS.

If you still have the problem after trying this, you probably have some broken or conflicting mods/CC. In this case, you'll have to go through and test your content to find the problem. But again, make sure you keep deleting the localthumbcache file when you make changes so the CAS can refresh properly. Sims 4 Studio is a great tool for looking at your CC without having to load your game, if you want to look into that. But be aware that some custom content, especially alpha, can look a little strange in it, I think it's because of the layering technique.

Anyway, good luck to you and I hope you resolve your issue. :)

#TeamSupernatural

Please join my discussions in the Ideas Forum for Magic, Funerals, Mythology, and Enhanced Humans. :)