Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Love For Supernatural Players

Comments

• DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    You got your "Aliens" your "Vampires" and the "Plantsim challenge" that goes right there with the quality of My First Pet which no one asked for ever. All of the 3 packs you listed are stuff packs I'd be perfectly fine if Supernaturals were shoehorned in on a stuff pack budget and not have taken an entire game pack and took away from the budget of Get to Work building aliens and a ugly world no one uses in favor of fleshing out retail people had been asking for since Sims 2.

@ChadSims2
    First of all, you need to learn what punctuation is. I had to read this thrice to grasp an iota of what you were saying.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5256013
    Second of all, Supernaturals are a staple of "The Sims" franchise and I would not dream of them being shoehorned into a STUFF PACK. A Stuff Pack? Really? No sis, Supernaturals are deserving of their own Expansion Pack because of the dynamics they introduce. So
    tenor.gif?itemid=5556534
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Duende wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    You got your "Aliens" your "Vampires" and the "Plantsim challenge" that goes right there with the quality of My First Pet which no one asked for ever. All of the 3 packs you listed are stuff packs I'd be perfectly fine if Supernaturals were shoehorned in on a stuff pack budget and not have taken an entire game pack and took away from the budget of Get to Work building aliens and a ugly world no one uses in favor of fleshing out retail people had been asking for since Sims 2.

@ChadSims2
    First of all, you need to learn what punctuation is. I had to read this thrice to grasp an iota of what you were saying.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5256013
    Second of all, Supernaturals are a staple of "The Sims" franchise and I would not dream of them being shoehorned into a STUFF PACK. A Stuff Pack? Really? No sis, Supernaturals are deserving of their own Expansion Pack because of the dynamics they introduce. So
    tenor.gif?itemid=5556534

Thank you! It’s like people want to forget that Makin’ Magic was a pack for The Sims.

Also I love your gifs, they’re beautiful.

@bunny-🐸🐸🐸🐸 now now, there is enough room for both. I mean there could be a stark dichotomy with the difference in spells and witchcraft for Witches. I do see what you mean with regards to having a lighter aspect for you to play. This would leave room for making "Gandalf" arch type mages and mystics of that ilk.

@Movotti I enjoy a lot of Black Metal, so it would be amazing Movotti, to create a "The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina" themed witch. Satan is cool. I'm itching to make a metalhead teenage witch. I do tackle darker themes in my games head on so I would absolutely love it.

tenor.gif?itemid=9342479
  • CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    CeCeDot wrote: »
    They won't bring religion into the Sims so Satanism probably won't happen @bunny-🐸🐸🐸🐸

Oh, I know the games would never touch the religion stuff, for sure!

What I’m trying to say is that I’m hoping there are options to make lighter/gray or good occults (including witches), not just bad/evil or pure darker ones.

I really loved the Vampires game pack because it allows us to customize the vampires into the type of vampires we want, and I am hoping future occult packs follow suit. :smile: (So I can have a good witch or a sweet and silly dog-like werewolf, etc.)

I totally agree! Nothing is ever white or black, so I hope there won't be a system like that. I prefer alignments like nature, fire, divination, etc more so you can branch out
    @QueenMercy "Making Magic" was such a stellar release! I loved the lore that was wrapped up in it. Also:
    tenor.gif
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I like witches, but I don't like the rest of it.
    Hey guys, make sure to voice your opinions about lack of supernaturals/occults in the Sims 4 pc feedback! Devs don't usually look in the speculation and rumor part of the forum

Wow... thank you for notifying me of this. And amazingly this got bumped to the Speculation Section. So I suppose us Supernatural aficionados have to make 'feedback' to gain recognition. Again, thank you for this @CeCeDot
    tenor.gif?itemid=7243985

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited November 2018
    They won't bring religion into the Sims so Satanism probably won't happen @bunny-🐸🐸🐸🐸

Oh, I know the games would never touch the religion stuff, for sure!

What I’m trying to say is that I’m hoping there are options to make lighter/gray or good occults (including witches), not just bad/evil or pure darker ones.

I really loved the Vampires game pack because it allows us to customize the vampires into the type of vampires we want, and I am hoping future occult packs follow suit. :smile: (So I can have a good witch or a sweet and silly dog-like werewolf, etc.)

I totally agree! Nothing is ever white or black, so I hope there won't be a system like that. I prefer alignments like nature, fire, divination, etc more so you can branch out

Elemental alignments or magical categories would definitely be welcomed. :smile:

I personally didn’t really like the good/bad alignment witch stuff in Sims 2, so I hope this time it’s more flexible and it doesn’t do alignment like that again. I dislike all sorts of rigid alignment stuff, even in Dungeons and Dragons tabletop games and video games that have that kind of moral system.

Just let me play the character how I want without imposing rigid boundaries stuff on me.

If there’s a good/bad alignment thing again for witches, then I’m opting out of the witch content.

When it comes to witches in the past, I’m more for how Sims 3 and Sims 1 handled witch content. Let me do spells without the whole moralistic alignment system.
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    Hey guys, make sure to voice your opinions about lack of supernaturals/occults in the Sims 4 pc feedback! Devs don't usually look in the speculation and rumor part of the forum

Wow... thank you for notifying me of this. And amazingly this got bumped to the Speculation Section. So I suppose us Supernatural aficionados have to make 'feedback' to gain recognition. Again, thank you for this @CeCeDot
    tenor.gif?itemid=7243985

No problem! Where was this post originally?
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    This is my first iteration of the sims but I am really feeling a bit of frustration regarding supernaturals, it has been a long long time since we got the vampires and I am ready for something new. Game packs are great, I have enjoyed them a lot so far so I am keeping all my fingers crossed for a game pack with Supernatural-content.

It could be witchcraft and magic or werewolves, those are the two at the top of my list at least. I am open to trying other life states but I would be very disappointed if we did not get these at all at some point.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    And I'm the opposite. I've been a fan of darker themes since before my teens. I'm looking forward to eventually watching this new version of sabrina.
    While I do still prefer the lighter Sabrina, I have been watching the new Chilling Sabrina on Netflix, and I do really like her as a character.

I just really hate the actual religion of worshipping Satan stuff being connected to being a witch part. I’ll have to see if the new Sabrina is going to embrace that Satanic in the end of the seasons or would she be able to fight against it next season. (I’m halfway through the current season.) I hope she fights against it in the end, for I can’t support a character who goes evil-Satanic.
    I hate to have to be the one to break it to you: Real satanism isn't evil. It's very anti suffering, and has nothing to do with worshipping satan.
    The satanic temple is suing warner bros and netfilx for this wrongful portrayal.
    As for witches being satanic, that also doesn't happen, cos witches tend to be neo-pagan, aka, nature worshippers.

Anyway, to get back on topic, whenever witches (and other occults) are introduced, I hope they can be customized like the Vampires so that people can choose how dark or light their occults can be. I’m not a total 100% dark fan, so I hope there are options for me to have my lightness, or even shades of gray (lol) with a mix of lightness and mild darkness.
    That's the direction they went in the past, and it's most likely to be the direction they will go in the future.
    There's gotta be a balance of light and dark/good and evil.

(which reminds me: totally looking forward to good omens)
    good-omens-3.jpg

Makes me think there could be some version of good angel/bad angle (it's a terrible angle) As a new occult. But they'd have to take a very non-modern-religious version. Which should be pretty easy, since mythology is full of various variations that out-date modern religious versions.

Ancient Greece has winged god types:
    af64e9e232ceefff1351189591d55160.jpg

winged horse types
    5_1a273566-a8c0-469c-afa4-5c039e166213_grande.JPG?v=1521557143

Egypt has em
    ethics8.jpg

Mesopotamia had human faced winged cats

wingedlionbabylon.jpg

And four winged djinn
    220px-Blessing_genie_Dur_Sharrukin.jpg

But they'd have to call em something other than agnels. :/

I enjoy a lot of Black Metal, so it would be amazing Movotti, to create a "The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina" themed witch. Satan is cool. I'm itching to make a metalhead teenage witch. I do tackle darker themes in my games head on so I would absolutely love it.
    I'm itching to make a certain type of witch too.
    tenor.gif?itemid=7938595

I personally didn’t really like the good/bad alignment witch stuff in Sims 2, so I hope this time it’s more flexible and it doesn’t do alignment like that again. I dislike all sorts of rigid alignment stuff, even in Dungeons and Dragons tabletop games and video games that have that kind of moral system.
    From what I remember of magic in ts3, there was a neutral option, not just good and evil, which made it a bit better.
    But your'e right, the D&D system is way better. I'm a fan of chaos!
    Just let me play the character how I want without imposing rigid boundaries stuff on me.
    Yes! More player controlled options are needed in all aspects of the game. We should be able to customise to make our sims world as we want it to be.

I honestly think that a witches pack could also contain faeries (as much as I hate them), zombies, and genies. There's a lot of overlap in magics.

Witches should be able to attempt to bring the dead back to life, but they should also have a pretty high risk of failure, resulting in zombies. Evil witches should be able to bring the dead back as zombies relatively easily, but also still have a failure rate, resulting in the dead being brought back to life.

Fairies and witches both use magic, and the result of which should often be similar. But bad witches may hate fairies, and aught be able to press them in books. :)

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited November 2018
    I know there is some good religions, but the media portrayal doesn’t put them in a good light, and that negative evil portrayal is the type I’m personally against playing in any form.

I’m kind of anxious about witches because of the alignment thing. It’s one of the reasons why I’m not terribly excited for those particular occults. Let’s hope there are options on how we can play around with witches and have non-aligned magic like Vampires did.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
    I know there is some good religions, but the media portrayal doesn’t put them in a good light, and that negative evil portrayal is the type I’m personally against playing in any form.

I’m kind of anxious about witches because of the alignment thing. It’s one of the reasons why I’m not terribly excited for those particular occults. Let’s hope there are options on how we can play around with witches and have non-aligned magic like Vampires did.
    Well yeah, mainstream media has a Christian bias, especially in America. Most things pro-satan would go over poorly. I’ve seen how poorly things even considered vaguely satanic (like Harry Potter) have been treated.
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    Ghosts, Aliens, Vampires, sort of Plantsims, sort of Skeletons, sort of a living Scarecrow, a few costumes... some deco...
    I really miss Witches and Werewolves. Witches are my absolute favorites.
    Since they won the Twitter poll, I think they will do them. I don't expect them before fall 2019, tho.
    After that maybe, just maybe mermaids.
    I think that will be it. Nothing more. No Werewolves, since they came almost on the very bottom of the ranking. No Fairies. No Robots.
    Witches some time next year or the year after is all I dare to hope at this point.
    I hate to have to be the one to break it to you: Real satanism isn't evil. It's very anti suffering, and has nothing to do with worshipping satan.
    The satanic temple is suing warner bros and netfilx for this wrongful portrayal.
    As for witches being satanic, that also doesn't happen, cos witches tend to be neo-pagan, aka, nature worshippers.

Witches that worship the Christian Devil do exist. there are also a bunch of Witches thinking you can be a Christian and a Witch at the same time, and ignore like half the bible doing so. Most people think of Wicca, as they are the most well-known type, in some places they are officially recognized as a religion, that is actually nature worshipping neo-pagans.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I'm kind of guessing that if Mummies are added, they'll probably be a temporary lifestate. I'm still slightly bitter over the fact that the skeleton one is temporary. Did they make it temporary just because it's a new lifestate?
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited November 2018
    I'm kind of guessing that if Mummies are added, they'll probably be a temporary lifestate. I'm still slightly bitter over the fact that the skeleton one is temporary. Did they make it temporary just because it's a new lifestate?

They seem to have worked the skeletons around as a replacement for Bonehilda since they can serve as a maid. I'm sure a lot has to do with the fact that this was not a pack focusing on a lifestate. You would basically get one or the other - the fully fledged lifestate or the "vacation". Skeletons make sense for an archaeological finding anyway. ;)

I'd like to see them bring back Mummies in the same capacity - as a finding in an Egyptian tomb that can be a temporary lifestate.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    edited November 2018
    Anmirla wrote: »

They seem to have worked the skeletons around as a replacement for Bonehilda since they can serve as a maid. I'm sure a lot has to do with the fact that this was not a pack focusing on a lifestate. You would basically get one or the other - the fully fledged lifestate or the "vacation". Skeletons make sense for an archaeological finding anyway. ;)

I'd like to see them bring back Mummies in the same capacity - as a finding in an Egyptian tomb that can be a temporary lifestate.

Yeah, same here. I'm not too keen on permanent Mummies because they'd probably just basically be zombies and one can't exactly have a relationship with a zombie.

I'm also team-no-alignment-system.
    I explained in great detail why https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/680765/witches-in-sims-4/p16 Here.
    You will have to scroll down a bit.
    In a nutshell, an alignment system judges you for your actions, without being able to guess your reasons and intentions.
    Lets say I want to play a Witch that blesses her friends and family and curses her ex who humiliated her.
    It would suck if the alignment forced her to either be able to bless and do helpful magic or to curse and do harmful mischievous magic, but not both, simply because of the alignment you picked.
    In Sims 3, every Witch could learn every spell, and the traits decided which ones they preferred. I liked that a lot.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited November 2018
    Was just going to come and make a similar post, glad to see this at the top of the forum.

While Get Famous or whatever it’s called looks so-so, the only pack I’m curious about right now is Witches/Magic and the sole reason while I still check this site.

I absolutely adore the Vampire pack, and it’s still the only reason I check in on my game to this day, so I’d they did a Witch/Magic pack like that, I’d be happy.

Any occult after that is a bonus if they use the point system. Especially would like to see ‘good and evil’ witches back with their appropriate spells. Occult Sims were what got me playing this game in the first place so I’d like to see them done.

Oh and I need a bonehilda.

—T
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Just a thought but did anyone notice whats happening at Sylvan Glade (the tree)? The yellow eyes, the moving lights and what sounds like children laughing. Make sure your volume is up so you can hear it. Just wondering if that can be a future Fairy land.
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    I have everything for sims 4. And I would gladly pay for all Paranormal Lifeforms. Witches, werewolves, shapeshifters, mermaids, fairies, monsters and anything else you can think of. And what do they have against long hair? Tons of short hair but blink and you'll miss it when it comes to long hair. I want not only more long hair styles but Really long hair to.
    Armilus616 wrote: »

Witches that worship the Christian Devil do exist. there are also a bunch of Witches thinking you can be a Christian and a Witch at the same time, and ignore like half the bible doing so. Most people think of Wicca, as they are the most well-known type, in some places they are officially recognized as a religion, that is actually nature worshipping neo-pagans.

Apparently the witches/wizards in Harry Potter are Christian. And it’s not like there aren’t plenty of other people who ignore like half of the bible, especially the part about paying taxes.
  • JurnéEndsJurnéEnds Posts: 59 Member
    Oh I hope they do something really supernatural. It always surprise me when I see so many favoring more mundane/real life packs (id est: babies, cars). Since I prefer building to actual gameplay, I would be okay with a stuff pack (at least for now lol) but if I would love it to be a game pack.

QueenMercy wrote: »
    Armilus616 wrote: »

Apparently the witches/wizards in Harry Potter are Christian. And it’s not like there aren’t plenty of other people who ignore like half of the bible, especially the part about paying taxes.

Which makes no sense as they went through the witch hunts. Why share a religion with those who hate you and want to kill you because of it? Why keep it after you have to hide because of it?
    there are also Jewish wizards in Harry Potter. Rowling confirmed it. She also said that Wicca and Hogwarts cannot coexist because they are two entirely different concepts of magic. And since Wicca is a real thing...

I also have the theory that Dumbledore turned Christian after his Sister died and converted a bunch of his followers to it, but Christianity never was a majority amongst the wizarding community. It is just my personal theory and by no means confirmed. Another part of it, with far less evidence to support it, is that both Grindelwald and Voldemort were Pagan, along with most pure blood Families who didn't follow Dumbledore.
    Rowling being a Christian, it does sort of make sense this way. Even though I disagree with the "Pagans are evil" thing.

And then again: Are people who cherrypick bible verses and ignore the entire rest really, truly Christian? I beg to differ.
    But that is way off topic. I am not a Christian and I have no intention of becoming one.
    Back to Supernatural Stuff in the sims.