Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Love For Supernatural Players

Comments

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I really hope we will have more supernaturals, the vampires are wonderful!
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »
    I read that there is a Witches tab when you create clothing - I don't know how to use that so I can't confirm.

Do you remember where you read/saw this? I would like to check that out.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    I read that there is a Witches tab when you create clothing - I don't know how to use that so I can't confirm.

It was in one of the threads here on the board. But that was all they said about it. I'd love for someone to be able to go into whatever program it is and give some proof (and hope).
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Which, if it comes down to the top three, would be Witches (yay!), Mermaids (shrug), and Imaginary Friends (ugh!). So I expect Werewolves and any chance of expanding shapeshifters, as I hoped, is out. *Sob*

I wouldn't rule Werewolves out just yet. From the comments I've read here on the board, on Twitter and other fan sites, Weres are very popular and might just be the next in demand.
    What people aren't taking into consideration is how the polls were set up. They pitted Weres against Witches and Witches won. Many of the Witch crowd want Weres, but just wanted Witches first.
    The only way to know for sure is to give us Witches, then poll again. *hint hint EA*

baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    ShampuruShampuru Posts: 90 Member

You can see it with Sims 4 Studio, there are also tags for eyebrow/lip/nose piercings too that have existed since Get Together. But nothing has been done with those. Hard to say when, if ever, those will be used.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    You got your "Aliens" your "Vampires" and the "Plantsim challenge" that goes right there with the quality of My First Pet which no one asked for ever. All of the 3 packs you listed are stuff packs I'd be perfectly fine if Supernaturals were shoehorned in on a stuff pack budget and not have taken an entire game pack and took away from the budget of Get to Work building aliens and a ugly world no one uses in favor of fleshing out retail people had been asking for since Sims 2.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    scoedscoed Posts: 91 Member
    Please give us some more occult life states. as of 12 packs in we have 3 full time life states (Ghosts, Aliens, and Vampires)and two temporary life stats (Plantsims, and Skeletons). In Sims 3 we had 13 full time life states (Ghosts, Mummies, SimBots, Vampires, Imaginary Friends, Genies, Werewolves, Witches, Fairies, Aliens, PlantSims, Mermaids and Plumbots), 1 pet occult that took a player slot (Unicorns), 3 temporary life states (Zombies, toads, and Tragic Clowns) and one pet that didn't take a player slot (Dragons) and it only had 11 packs. I love alternate life states. I will gladly take any life state of the past including ones from Sims 2 but not in Sims 3(Servos, or Bigfoot), Sims 3, or new ones like Super Heros, suggested above, or Yōkai for some international flavor. I am open to anything. Just give me more occult life states.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    You got your "Aliens" your "Vampires" and the "Plantsim challenge" that goes right there with the quality of My First Pet which no one asked for ever. All of the 3 packs you listed are stuff packs I'd be perfectly fine if Supernaturals were shoehorned in on a stuff pack budget and not have taken an entire game pack and took away from the budget of Get to Work building aliens and a ugly world no one uses in favor of fleshing out retail people had been asking for since Sims 2.

You're right, Plantsims should be further worked on because their quality is indeed low. Many people have been asking for this.

Realistic play is boring for a lot of players, and those of us who want more Occults (and more interesting gameplay) will just have to keep asking for them until we get it. If you don't like them, don't play with them. Easy peasy. And this time, I hope they use a whole Expansion Pack for them, as well as another game pack and a few stragglers included in other packs. The more, the better. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

Rude much?
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited November 2018
    Right, like where is the Supernatural Expansion in The Sims 4??

I love occults!
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member

Rude much?

No kidding. Imagine how much I’d get whined at if I’d started posting in threads about improving babies or adding preteens and started saying that it would be a waste of time because they’re not supernaturals!
  • Options
    VuloriVulori Posts: 94 Member
    edited November 2018
    I'd love more supernaturals in sims 4, but I'm getting the impression that realistic play is what they're more focused on. That's fine, but I loved the quirky and supernatural aspects of the previous sims games, so I expect that sims 4 will most likely be my last iteration of the sims. It's starting to feel like because I'm not all that vocal over what I'd like to see in the game and content to wait for stuff that appeals to me to come out, I'm being punished for it. Like, I'm not interested in pre-teens, unbound babies, cars, or university, but I see no need to go on threads and complain when there are people who are excited and brainstorming for stuff that I'm not interested in just because I can, because this game used to have something that everyone liked. And I won't, so I realize that some of that may be on me, but I don't think I should have to ask for things that were in the past iterations.

Before someone says that they should innovate and do new things instead of old, that could be true of almost every single thing that they've done. Is it really necessary to add cars when there is no open world? Why bother with adding fame or a reputation system? Why do anything that they've done before at all? By that reasoning, they could've just decided not to do toddlers. I'm not saying they shouldn't have or anything like that, I'm just saying that they've brought back several things that have been popular, so why not witches and other occult sims?

Edit: I forgot to clarify that when I mean supernaturals, I mean supernaturals like vampires. I want a life state that is fully fleshed out and has powers and disadvantages. I don't consider plant sims or skeletons to be supernatural life states really, especially since they aren't permanent.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited November 2018
    For me, I just really, really want mermaids (along with swimmable oceans) and fairies again.

Witches are nice, too, but it depends on the game approaches then. (I want the lighter contemporary type witches like Sabrina the Teenage Witch or Bewitched. I’m not into the darker Chilling Adventures of Sabrina type of witch—meaning the Satan worshipping type of witch.)

I’m usually more into bright or pastel colors and lightness, so lighter versions of occults are more of my thing.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I don't get the impression that they are focusing on one game play type. I get the impression that they are spreading it out to give everyone some of their game play and it just takes time. I think they also have to handle the more normal simulation stuff (normal to daily life) earlier on in the series. I'm making witchy type characters with what I have. Haven't resorted to mods yet... I'll see how it goes, not ruling it out though as more stuff comes in. Thankfully I like to play with various character types so maybe that helps with my patience waiting for it.
    I'd rather wait and have a well done Witch (like vamps were good) than have it smashed into a pack where it really has no business being in. I'm not in complete agreement with @ChadSims2 but that word "shoehorned" stuck out at me. I want good supernaturals personally so I hope they take time making them and giving them their own pack... or at least putting them in a pack where it makes real sense for them to be in... and if they put them in a bigger pack making sure players have a way to opt out of engagement with them.
    I also hope they revisit Plantsims some .. not a favorite Supernatural type but they could use some love.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Vulori wrote: »
    I'd love more supernaturals in sims 4, but I'm getting the impression that realistic play is what they're more focused on. That's fine, but I loved the quirky and supernatural aspects of the previous sims games, so I expect that sims 4 will most likely be my last iteration of the sims. It's starting to feel like because I'm not all that vocal over what I'd like to see in the game and content to wait for stuff that appeals to me to come out, I'm being punished for it. Like, I'm not interested in pre-teens, unbound babies, cars, or university, but I see no need to go on threads and complain when there are people who are excited and brainstorming for stuff that I'm not interested in just because I can, because this game used to have something that everyone liked. And I won't, so I realize that some of that may be on me, but I don't think I should have to ask for things that were in the past iterations.

Before someone says that they should innovate and do new things instead of old, that could be true of almost every single thing that they've done. Is it really necessary to add cars when there is no open world? Why bother with adding fame or a reputation system? Why do anything that they've done before at all? By that reasoning, they could've just decided not to do toddlers. I'm not saying they shouldn't have or anything like that, I'm just saying that they've brought back several things that have been popular, so why not witches and other occult sims?

Edit: I forgot to clarify that when I mean supernaturals, I mean supernaturals like vampires. I want a life state that is fully fleshed out and has powers and disadvantages. I don't consider plant sims or skeletons to be supernatural life states really, especially since they aren't permanent.

I may be looking forward to the fame system, but I agree with most of your points. If I had to choose between two supernatural game packs and a university ep, I’d almost definitely chose the game packs (though as I would prefer faeries or letting humans be able to pursue magic as something like the fame system to getting witches as a lifestate, unless they get a longer lifespan or something).
  • Options
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I don't get the impression that they are focusing on one game play type. I get the impression that they are spreading it out to give everyone some of their game play and it just takes time. I think they also have to handle the more normal simulation stuff (normal to daily life) earlier on in the series. I'm making witchy type characters with what I have. Haven't resorted to mods yet... I'll see how it goes, not ruling it out though as more stuff comes in. Thankfully I like to play with various character types so maybe that helps with my patience waiting for it.
    I'd rather wait and have a well done Witch (like vamps were good) than have it smashed into a pack where it really has no business being in. I'm not in complete agreement with @ChadSims2 but that word "shoehorned" stuck out at me. I want good supernaturals personally so I hope they take time making them and giving them their own pack... or at least putting them in a pack where it makes real sense for them to be in... and if they put them in a bigger pack making sure players have a way to opt out of engagement with them.
    I also hope they revisit Plantsims some .. not a favorite Supernatural type but they could use some love.

^Yeah, this. The Sims 4 was missing a lot of the realistic life simulation stuff in the first place (like toddlers *cough*), so they have to give some of that for us Simmers who love family play and some realistic play.

I’m a player who enjoys both occult play AND “realistic” play. (I tend to “domesticate” the occults, lol.)

I’m hoping that there would be enough resources and enough time to give many different simmers what they want eventually.

At least, that is what I’m hoping for. In the meantime, I would keep asking for occults and other features I would like to see one day. :smile:
    (She/her)
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

Yeah, aliens really should have been an entire game pack on their own. They really could have done so much more with them. And then they could have focused a lot more on the working side of GTW.

Supernaturals typically need more than a stuff pack, they need a game pack, as the lovely vampires have proven. They are the best vampires in the franchise! If they can manage to treat witches the same, then our minds will be blown.
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    No kidding. Imagine how much I’d get whined at if I’d started posting in threads about improving babies or adding preteens and started saying that it would be a waste of time because they’re not supernaturals!

hey! I do that! Sort of.
    Witches are nice, too, but it depends on the game approaches then. (I want the lighter contemporary type witches like Sabrina the Teenage Witch or Bewitched. I’m not into the darker Chilling Adventures of Sabrina type of witch—meaning the Satan worshipping type of witch.)

I’m usually more into bright or pastel colors and lightness, so lighter versions of occults are more of my thing.
    And I'm the opposite. I've been a fan of darker themes since before my teens. I'm looking forward to eventually watching this new version of sabrina.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    I could be wrong but I really believe more occults are coming in the future. Maybe not as many as in TS3, but at least one or two more, which is not necessarily a bad thing. While I think the majority of players seem to enjoy a more mundane game play such as laundry and whatnot, there seems to be enough demand to justify more occult life states coming in the future.
  • Options
    CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    Hey guys, make sure to voice your opinions about lack of supernaturals/occults in the Sims 4 pc feedback! Devs don't usually look in the speculation and rumor part of the forum
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    To All The Supernatural, Fantasy Occult Players
    1) Do you think they will sell us short in TS4?

Considering the multi-part twitter survey they did on occults we wanted most and what appears to be them listening to our ideas/feedback more, I have cautious optimism that we'll *most* of what we want. I don't think we'll get a supernatural pack again, but I think if they do them justice like they did vampires I'll be happy.

2) Do any of you feel like they will only do witches and werewolves while omitting the other states entirely?

Witches/magic are my #1 and won the poll so I'm crossing my fingers we get those first/soon! I think werewolves are another favorite, as well as fairies. I could see them doing witches and werewolves and maybe fairies fleshed out in packs. As for genies, zombies, and mermaids, I feel like they would either be added on like aliens or some omitted. Though mermaids didn't have a whole lot of gameplay in Sims 3, I'm hoping for a tropical world--especially if there were somehow underwater "Atlantis" lots that we could have a mermaid. Maybe there's a chance of meeting one and if you build a relationship you can be one sort of like a Plant sim.

3) Do you think we'll get mermaids, genies, fairies, zombies and our classic beloved occults?

The only other thing to add is I hope we have a chance of seeing a Yeti or Sasquatch as a chance encounter.

4) Do you think they will introduce a brand new occult to TS4 franchise?

Hmm, I'm not sure. And if so, I don't know if it would get a full game pack or just an addon type deal to an expansion.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Also I really loved creating and living with Plumbots, so I hope we get those back, or something similar.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Movotti wrote: »
    And I'm the opposite. I've been a fan of darker themes since before my teens. I'm looking forward to eventually watching this new version of sabrina.
    While I do still prefer the lighter Sabrina, I have been watching the new Chilling Sabrina on Netflix, and I do really like her as a character.

I just really hate the actual religion of worshipping Satan stuff being connected to being a witch part. I’ll have to see if the new Sabrina is going to embrace that Satanic in the end of the seasons or would she be able to fight against it next season. (I’m halfway through the current season.) I hope she fights against it in the end, for I can’t support a character who goes evil-Satanic.

The only Satanic or demonic characters I like are those that either redeem themselves and/or can have a good side, like Lucifer and Mazikeen from Fox’s Lucifer tv series (that was cancelled around third season and has now been picked up by Netflix).

Anyway, to get back on topic, whenever witches (and other occults) are introduced, I hope they can be customized like the Vampires so that people can choose how dark or light their occults can be. I’m not a total 100% dark fan, so I hope there are options for me to have my lightness, or even shades of gray (lol) with a mix of lightness and mild darkness.
    (She/her)
  • Options
    CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    They won't bring religion into the Sims so Satanism probably won't happen @bunny-🐸🐸🐸🐸
  • Options
    CeCeDot wrote: »
    They won't bring religion into the Sims so Satanism probably won't happen @bunny-🐸🐸🐸🐸

Oh, I know the games would never touch the religion stuff, for sure!

What I’m trying to say is that I’m hoping there are options to make lighter/gray or good occults (including witches), not just bad/evil or pure darker ones.

I really loved the Vampires game pack because it allows us to customize the vampires into the type of vampires we want, and I am hoping future occult packs follow suit. :smile: (So I can have a good witch or a sweet and silly dog-like werewolf, etc.)
    (She/her)
  • Options
    CeCeDot wrote: »

Yeah there’s no way they’d open that can of worms.

The more I think about it, the less I want a witches lifestate. Imagine if it could work something like the fame system! You’d have a sim decide to persue magic, then you’d buy some dusty old book or something. From then you could choose if they were a benevolent or evil spellcaster, and they could end up getting quirks/weaknesses based on the magic they use. Curse too many people in public? People will know and children will be afraid. Only ever do harmful magic? Spells and potions with beneficial effects will be much harder. That kind of thing.

I’d also allow for alien and werewolf(if/when we get them) magic users.

Though obviously this would only be able to happen by your command without mods because otherwise the “My sim became a witch on their own, I hate this! I only bought this pack for the clothing!” would be deafening. (I know the only way to completely please the “realism” players would for the devs to rework Vampires and Get to Work to have toggles, and the devs to promise to never make another supernatural lifestate, but whatever. I’ve seen people complain that their sims get whims to research vampires.)