Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Meet the Helmquists - a Sims 3 story

Comments

• Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    @AlexaKry Ouch, it sounds to me like you have been really unlucky. I don't have an overviews, so I don't know what you have lost, but it looks like you are still able to post your story line. I wish I could help, but I can't of course, only thing I can do is to say I feel bad for what you had to lose. :/

But the worst part is, you have actually lost your job! I thought you said you were a teacher? Did they... close down schools and fire teachers or what happened?? I hope you can get a new job somewhere! Will the world not always need teachers? Oh, playing the sims should not be top priority then, that is perfectly reasonable! I hope you can get a new job (or your old job back?) so you can get a car first, and then the computer...

I have yet to buy store items, for now it has been enough for me with the custom content I can get from other places. I'm really amazed at how much stuff people have made...

I had to read the section about sims and aging a few times over to understand it, but I think I got it.. maybe... Aging and rotational play is a little tricky, but for me I think I have figured out a system that I hope works.

Ok. guess I didn't understand everything.. "So when I haven´t visited a town for a very long time Story progression ages everyone up as soon as I am there." <--- What? How does that work? If a town is not played, shouldn't that town just be "frozen" ? Huh?

But yeah, I think my solution for "complicatedness" is to keep track of what year the story line is in, set a length of the year in number of days, and play each town for a year, like so tghat I always enter/exit a town when the clock strikes midnight on their new years eve. :P

And so on... And hope that works. It could complicated if sims start to move about... They better only move to a different town on new years eve. :P

Cool, you have a mental map of towns and how they are located in relation to each other! I have too, but I guess I'm the only that actually drew the map, too (with my cruddy MS Paint skills. ;) ). Interesting your map looks like the US. Mine is inspired by the UK (in Europe) except I picture that it is a lot larger so I can have towns in different climate zones (making full use of the Seasons expansion pack...).

Oh, I am happy I am not the only picturing that the sims live on an alternative planet! It makes it feel like more of a proper story to have a map and a layout, instead of just isolated towns.. the towns have to be located somewhere! I would like to see your map....

Oh, yeah, I always thought how of course ones upbringing shapes one in adult life to be a fascinating topic, and I still do. Not sure why, I guess, I'm just trying to understand. Why are we like we are? And so on.. so of course, if parents and guardians relationships are messed up, that's what a kid will learn, so naturally then, Travis will have some issues.. Hopefully he can work around them...

"I think he would liked the thought of being glued to Haldir!!! " Hahaha, oh yes, wouldn't it be nice... until they figure that everything becomes a little more.. cumbersome... how would you drive a car or ride a bike when glued to another person? :P

Haha, oh, I actually didn't notice the fairy house.. so I didn't quite get why you showed the last picture, to me it looked like they just ran off afterwards, which I found strange. :P

(For my supernatural save, I pretend that fairies are something else, so they don't have fairy houses, so I have never played with fairy houses.)

Looking forward to seeing pictures from the Thing! (It sounds so strange to call it "the Thing" in english.. but that is what it is called. "The Thing" = "Tinget" in Norwegian.)
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@AlexaKry Haldir ordered the cake! I make my sims bake it! :grin:
    Much better having a husband the same height so you are not kissing noses all the time! :lol:

I don't understand that about Tyler either. His Dad's certainly showed their children what a loving relationship should be. They are both so passionate about their kids too! Well, not every child should be alike and Tyler is very lovable anyways! I've assigned him another home in the capital part of the world that is a bit more modern on the inside ( it is still a work in progress though so no pictures yet ) than his fairy castle. He also gets a castle style house boat as King! :love: I'm spoiling him! RFlong built it, but I still need to furnish it. I may wait until I actually start playing the game to furnish both of those. He will start off in the fairy castle.

I agree that she deserves punishment for her behavior but adultery is not the answer. I don't think they are soulmates either. Soulmates would never betray their mate with another. NEVER. :heartbreak: Soulmates become one. You would just be hurting yourself if you betrayed your mate. In my worlds anyways. o:)

I do understand about not being able to save after CAS. That happened in Midnight Hollow after I aged the twins to teens and it wouldn't save. I was so ticked off! I really think I need to just port everyone to a new Midnight Hollow and start fresh. I'm glad I saved the Master Midnight Hollow so I don't have to build it again. I just have to find it. :o I thought he looked so cute in the outfit but yeah, not very adventurous even with him loving athletics and sports.

I save around 4am. 5-6 is when the spawners and gardens and a few other things start working, so I don't like to save when all that is going on and the game is using more resources especially in my big worlds.
  • Options
    DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member

@AlexaKry LOl that is exactly why I like that WA outfit! it is exactly as you say and simply hilarious! so of Course I love it! LOL

LOL Yes! they look a LOT goofy during their wedding! :D that's why I love it soo much! :) it is so adorable! hehehee

my w mod lets the frisky be all the time, I think it is that mod? anyway it is too good to only have on the wedding day, I like them to be playful autonomously! :)

AHA!!! so you Did answer me! Henning is not soulmate with Either one! I Knew I could trick you into telling me! ;)B)>:)

Now I have to be verrrry devious and find a way to trick you into telling me more! At least I know of the other girl child, the sister with the pink not pink hair! ;) oh!Henning! But what a great name that is!

I had a work friend who did insist that He loved 2. He said it was like your children, you love both, equally but not the exact same. A daughter was born of the other woman, His wife loved the out of wedlock child because she said she was part her husband, whom she still loved, so how could she Not love the child. I felt mad at and sorry for my friend, the man, and of course for the women involved, and the horrible complications he made, but still liked him as a friend and human of course. I just don't understand it at all, but believe it can happen. I don't disbelieve just because I have been lucky enough to never experienced such an awful thing. But, what do I know!🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️ lol
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    I guess this will be a one-off (if I start writing in this section, I won't get anything done in my life anymore :tongue: ), but it's good to hear you are in the game again. Did you get a power surge during a thunderstorm? At least it sounds a bit like that.
    Sorry to hear you lost your job. That isn't exactly a pleasant situation to be in.

Nice update with a quiet wedding. It's even in a garden, not like mine, which are mostly on some parking lot somewhere.
    Haldir really has lots of patience. While I can understand the influence of bad experience to some extent, your Travis should be told that lack of trust is poison for every relationship. I'm not sure Haldir made that clear enough. Travis is destroying the very thing he so very much wants with this kind of behavior. Well, good we all know that that didn't happen :smile: .

Anyway, it was a great update. I hope this weekend finds you well.
  • Options
    TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member

@AlexaKry
    Love that Haldir announced his love while the world was watching. Not to mention that it was accepted by most of the community.

Can understand that Travis was worried about university. Now he finally got the life he wanted, why end it already.

Would have started a long argument that you can have a fine life without wasting years at Uni. But o well it ended out fine so……

Grandpa, you dirty son of …… On the other hand, you may have needed a bit of “free space” living with that very dominant Queen.

Lovely informal wedding, guess you would love that, when you know the “official” will be very controlled by outsiders and official traditions.

ROLF: You really hate you males to be in anything but dark tones.

I agree that “hunting” dress was not right for him. But I like this picture of Travis anyway.

uH4ceG4.jpg
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options
    AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @Sprottenham : Yes, ouch. :(
    I have lost all new files, pictures and saves which I haven´t stored at an external hard drive, because Tim had to delete Windows from the computer to install it fresh again.
    Furthermore I´ve lost all what was stored on that external hard drive which broke. (The USB port on which it was connected to PC broke and made the drive being unable to read anymore. Why this happened is only known by the PC itself and it won´t talk about that to me... :D )
    So I had to replay the last saves, Travis´birthday and Haldir´s coronation and their marriage at the Tinget (great name, I´ll use it from now on for Thing!!!!).
    I didn´t have to replay their private marriage or their sitting on the bench and talking about Travis´going to university, because this pictures are very old (from 2012) and were stored at my oldest external hard drive.
    I´ve lost the very newest pictures of Tyler´s story, because in my game I´m already wayyyyy ahead of the story and I was playing with the family and their new members already.
    I´ve lost Adelheid´s, Seth´s and Samuel´s saves where Adelheid aged up to YA and where they got some partners. Now I have to search for some spouses for Seth and Samuel again. :s
    Adelheid has a partner already, @bekkasan was soooo kind to gift me a very handsome male fairy for her and in my game they were already engaged. :s
    And Samuel had his house full of beautiful women.
    But this is all lost, because I had it stored partly on the broken hard drive or it wasn´t stored at an external drive but still on PC and this was deleted...
    Well, I have to play that again...

As for losing my job: I didn´t work at a school anymore. I worked as a private teacher. I held lessons with students that want to improve their marks for school after school. We have a big market for this kind of private teaching here, because the help from school for the children is always bad and they won´t improve their marks when they just depend on the after school lessons given from the school. So there are lots of teachers who give lessons after school. I visited the kids at home and held my lessons there, but because of Corona it wasn´t allowed to visit the kids at home anymore last year. And because the parents were at home they thought that there was no need to pay for the expensieve lessons given by teachers.
    I´ve given some students lessons by video calls but it got less and less. :'(
    Moreover I got ill at the and of last year and struggle with my health since then, so I am unable to work fully at the moment. So it is not possible for me to pay for my car AND a new PC. :)
    It´s a bad and unedifying situation, but I hope I´ll be able to get a job some time in the future. Now there are holidays in my state for 6 weeks. I just hope that after them I´ll get some students again so I can work again. I miss that much!

Aging in my Sims universe depends on how important Sims in the different worlds are for me. So when some of the "inner" family moved with little children I didn´t visit them for a long time I will just age the children up to my liking and just decide how old they should be.
    If the Sims and their children aren´t soo important for me I just let Story Progression do it´s job.
    Ok. guess I didn't understand everything.. "So when I haven´t visited a town for a very long time Story progression ages everyone up as soon as I am there." <--- What? How does that work? If a town is not played, shouldn't that town just be "frozen" ? Huh?
    I try to explain it again, I hope this time it will make more sense. But it´s complicated a bit. :D
    When I travel with my family all worlds connected with the main town Moonlight Falls are stopped to age. When I arrive at the new town, the aging in Moonlight Falls is stopped, too.
    But: During all the years I had to start my game with a fresh folder from time to time and because of this I made some adjustments with the life span of the Sims. So when my family arrives in their "new" town it could be that (especially babies, toddlers, kids, teenagers and elders) Sims will age up or die because they are older than the new settings....
    Furthermore I visit some towns more often than others, some of the towns I haven´t visited for years anymore (real life years!) so it is no wonder my aging is a biiit messed up.
    But stay in mind that I have 45 world connected in my save so it is quite normal that I haven´t visited some of my "outer" family members for years. They just sit there and wait for me to come back.... :D

Yes, mostly the towns are located in an alternative USA, that´s because of the looks of the towns. They all look sooooo American to me with all the American styled houses and the furniture and the cars and all.
    No world looks European for me at all, except Aurora Skies, that world looks a bit Scandinavian to me, but it has a big touch of Americanism as well. Some player made worlds look a bit more European as well, this worlds I place in an alternative Europe in my mind.
    But most of the worlds/towns made by EA or players look so American to me that my brain places them there all the time.
    I just whished that there were more European towns out there, with houses which actually look as if they were build in Europe....
    I like your map, by the way, I would love to have the skills to do that as well. Then I could show what I imagine in my head! It´s so much easier to show than to explain.
    Maybe, if I have enough time, I will be able to try out a painting program to show where my towns are located....
    "I think he would liked the thought of being glued to Haldir!!! " Hahaha, oh yes, wouldn't it be nice... until they figure that everything becomes a little more.. cumbersome... how would you drive a car or ride a bike when glued to another person? :P
    Well, I could think of some more private situations where I wouldn´t like to be glued to my love... :p

:D They didn´t run away, they just woohooed in the fairy house. The fairy houses are very neat when you have fairies, because they like to drink pollen punsh in it or sleep in it, all on free will without me directing them. Even the toddlers can do so, so they are much easier to look after them.
    I have placed some fairy houses at the big festive lot where the Tinget happens and it was so easy to get every fairy at the lot happy! They didn´t even need the kitchen or the buffet tables I had placed for them.
    But you´ll see soon what I mean! B)
  • Options
    @bekkasan : Noooo, my Sims are as lazy as I am when it comes to cake: we like to eat it but we don´t like to bake it! :D
    So it´s alwways an ordered cake when my Sims age up.
    Yes, I love to have Travis back in his "normal" YA hight again! This nose kissing looks soooo out of place! :D
    Furthermore Travis looked sooo small and young next to Haldir, that is still making me feel strange when I see this. I don´t like my Sims in relationships of YA and teens, because it´s against my stance.
    I don´t like that in real life as well.

Oh god, don´t spoil Tyler like that! >:) He already is spoiled enough! :D And he won´t appreciate it at all. He´ll just use one room, if the PC is in his bedroom, if it is in the study he´ll use two rooms... :D
    I just don´t know why Tyler has such strong trust issues, especially when you think how he was raised. I just hope that he´ll be different in your safe and he´ll enjoy his new life there! (he will, I am very sure about that!)
    Soulmates become one. You would just be hurting yourself if you betrayed your mate
    I think you are right and this is a hint as well.... B)

I so hope you´ll find your master Midnight Hollow and you´ll be able to move everyone safe there and then that you can play there without problems again!
    I have to do this moving with the Moonlight Falls Sims from time to time and I hate it, because my game needs "hours" to load.
    At the moment I have to move all Bridgeport Sims to Rflong´s My Bridgeport and it´s such a boring thing to do!
    (Rflong gifted me a modificated My Bridgeport so I take all Sims from the old Bridgeport to hers. Her Bridgeport is so much better than EA´s and I am looking forward to actually play there!!! It will be the town where Adelheid and Vince will meet the first time!
    I am soooo thankful Rflong made that for me, she is such a nice person!!!!!!!! <3 I am so happy that she really changed some things in her town! Just for me!!!! That is soooo great!!!!)

:D the game actually knew that Travis would have an adventurous life after becoming YA and gave him the needed outfit....

I´ve made the discovery that for me it is the best to save between half past five and 6am, the plants are grown and no-one is at work and such. I always save in town´s view and it´s the only time it fits in the family´s daily routine.
    The game is so unsafe and unstable when I play in Moonlight Falls that I have to save after one day, get out of the game and reload it, so I don´t want to watch them sleeping so long when I come back to the game. :D
    So it became a routine for me to save at that time.
    Moreover there was a time when there was a very high RAM usage between 3am and 5am years ago, I don´t know why or what happened, but the game went over 3100mb, a number where I can´t save anymore, even when I go to map view...
  • Options
    @DivaDoodle : It could be woohooer that makes frisky available for every time, but I "think" (I don´t remember exactly and I haven´t find it in my "small" mods file) it is one from bluegenjutsu, it is a mod that lets the heart of the newly married mood stay for ever so the Sims feel always as if they have just been married...
    AHA!!! so you Did answer me! Henning is not soulmate with Either one! I Knew I could trick you into telling me! ;)B)
    Hm, I don´t think so.... Read the answer I have given to bekkasan, then you´ll see that I haven´t given you a real answer.... B)
    I don´t know who is really tricked here.... >:)
    I will tell you more when it is not in the coming updates, then you´ll get every information I can give and you will want to know. But now you won´t get any information from me I don´t want to give!
    I just wished I could write a much better English, then I could give you so much text for trying to read between the lines... :D

Hm, I don´t think you can compare love for your children with love for a partner. Love for children is lots about caring for them. Loving your partner is a much different love.
    If someone tries to explain to me that he/she loves two partners the same than I can´t understand why they can´t love one? If the love is exactly the same? And when they tell me that they love their partners because they are different to each other, well, then I just think that they haven´t met a person where everything they love is combined in one person. Sometimes I think that this people just love more than one partner because it´s easier for them to love more people, because they just pick out the good traits from the partners and change to another partner when the first one becomes a bit difficult to handle.
    Mostly those partnerships are based on a model that one person is loved by two others, I always think that the one who is loved by both is the winner in that constallation, and doesn´t have to put as much energy into the relationship as the others who compete in their love to this person.
    It´s a superficial love in my view (just in my opinion, everyone who thinks differently, has the full right to do so!).
    I think it´s much harder to try to stay together with one love and work hard on a working relationship.
  • Options
    @Turjan : thank you so muc for commenting! <3
    I didn´t tag you to get a comment or a like or such! I just wanted to tell you that there was a new update and because you´ve said that you were interested in my story and that you read it at the "What happened" thread. I just thought to tag you because otherwise you couldn´t follow the story if I´ll post in the said thread again...
    You don´t have to comment at all! But I thank you that you did!

Well, no, there was no thunderstrike to my computer, just a new update of my antivirus programme, which then made the computer to update all programs on their own. It made the PC to update Windows 7, too, but it could only update half of the rest of the updates which I didn´t download. So the PC didn´t know what to do with all that unneeded updates and broke.(that was the short form of the happenings! :D )

No, being jobless is awful, and boring... :s And you have to pay attention to the money you spend... :s Let´s see what kind of job the future will bring..

The wedding took place in the garden of their house, next to the swimming pool...
    See Haldir in the middle of the picture? Right behind him is the fairy house located
    1LIK2s0.jpg
    And this is the other way round, you can see the house right at the left lower corner of the picture
    hth3Euc.jpg
    so, well, it wasn´t a very romantical location I think. Although a bit better than the parking lot! :D
    I even have managed to let some of my Sims marry in a "private" wedding ceremony at a disco. I don´t know how they could understand their vows, but they wanted to marry so I gave them their wish... :D

Yes, Haldir is patient when it come to Travis. He loves him so much and knows that he will change and gain trust! Travis is still a teen, those are not know for being very trusty, right?
    I think that sending him to university where he can learn and see that nothing bad happens with their relationship when he is not together with Haldir all the time is a good cure for his unsecurity. Travis has built trust in Haldir over the years, now he doesn´t have trust issues anymore and can teach his children to become great partners. (only that didn´t work for a few of them, some of their children are divorced. And Tyler hasn´t trust in anybody...) But Travis isn´t jealous or insecure or such anymore, thanks to Haldir and life.
  • Options
    @Tamijo : Haldir was very brave to announce their love to the world, I think and he didn´t get just best wishes for that. But he thought he should be honest when he wants to become king and he thought that the event was the best way to reach the most people with one go.
    He was afraid that Travis would get problems with some haters but he protected him like a hawk during the summer holidays.
    At university Travis has to deal with that on his own, Haldir just hopes that noone will notice Travis as his lover soon.

Yes, I can understand Travis, too. I think he just wanted to be togethre with Haldir and he didn´t see the need to study when he just wanted to become a sports star.
    :D right, a degree isn´t needed, but Haldir wants him to get one, because he thinks that the future royal family should be the best in everything...

Na na na, don´t curse grandpa! He is just a person with troubles at that time! And his queen was a b... at this part of their lives... what should he do??? >:);)

Yes, the traditional wedding will be a bit more .... overseen let´s say, you´ll see soon.

:D guilty! Yes, I like to dress my males in black, that looks so "cool". ;););) Although lots of the women I dress in dark colors as well... I only wear dark colors myself and my Sims just reflect that. :D

Oh yes, doesn´t he look sooo sweet at that picture???
  • Options
    My computer decided its Win10 is at "end of service" and gives me the Microsoft equivalent of "Sumtin' 'rong! Dunno what, or at least I won't tell you. LOL!!!" (some fancy error code that means roughly that) when I try to update it manually. Let's see where that ends.

I hope you'll find some job soon. It doesn't get easier when you get older (slight understatement).
    AlexaKry wrote: »
    The wedding took place in the garden of their house, next to the swimming pool...
    so, well, it wasn´t a very romantical location I think. Although a bit better than the parking lot! :D

My last royal private wedding in Niua Simoa got upgraded to "in the middle of a road lane". True story. At least they had the cursing drivers as witnesses :lol:

But yeah, good end for that story arc you had there, and everything seemed to be on the right track :smile: . Thanks for sharing.

• Options

@AlexaKry Oh thank you, I do have several Bluegenjutsu mods, they are all so amazing!🙌

Doh! and here I thought I tricked you when you tricked me! :D But your answer to bekkasan---hmm then If I am Not right that Henning isn't soul mates with either woman, then He IS and hurt Himself! what a ruinous behavior in either case! --- But as we discuss this, it makes me think, didn't you tell me once that you don't believe in the concept of soulmates? 🤷‍♀️ perhaps it was someone else.

Gosh! stop it! I love how your English is! I pray that you don't become fluent! what if you lose the magic 😥 of 'in his near' or 'the Thing' or worse, 🤔lose your lovely accent! or worse still, and replace it with some accent west coast American, 🥱bah, no accent at all! nooooooo!😫

You, as you are right now, this minute, makes your stories so unique and awesome!😘

btw, Did you know I read your stories with a German accent speaking English? I do that for all the stories I read when I get to know the general place of where a writer is from. for me the only good fun American accents are Texas 'All y'alls' 😍, and Minnesooota! 'Oh for cute!' ;) 🥰 I'm just crazy about accents!

I liked what your wrote about loving, and the two partners thing. I wish someone in a poly-amorous bonded partnership, could tell us their view so we could hear it. I would like to know their view and feelings, other than those 'sister's wives', which seemed so contrived, so 'made for TV.'😣😜
  • Options
    @AlexaKry

Oh dangit, you have really lost a lot of things.. I have never had to replay something directly, but it sounds a little boring maybe to have to replay parts that have already been played..

Oh, you were private teacher, yeah, then it makes sense that you couldn't visit the kids in their home.. but once things open up again there should be a market for that again...

I'm really trying to wrap my head around your aging settings, but I still don't quite understand how you play.. but with 45 (!!?) different saves, no doubt it must be very complex.. wow! I thought I was making it different for myself, but currently I have only three to four towns that are connected...

I never thought to much about the houses looking American, but I guess they do. It's not to big of an issue for me, since it is all in an alternative world anyway. I'm more annoyed by that yellow school bus. ;) I can kind of picture your map though, no rush to make one just for me.. especially if you have 45 towns...! That is a HUGE number... o_X

"Well, I could think of some more private situations where I wouldn´t like to be glued to my love... " Hahaha, so did I, but I thought it best not to mention that.... ;)

The fairy houses sound neat, if I only I could play with fairies, but I would first need to have a story line where it fits, I'm not there yet... Still looking forward to "The Thing". ;)

th1das9.png
  • Options

@AlexaKry I'm looking forward to finding out more about the soulmate/not soulmate thing going on in your story.

I think I'm going to try and move them once more this weekend. I've messed around with Supernatural Island this week when I had a little time to play. I've got some pictures made in Mary's story and just need to do some writing.

That was awesome that Rflong gifted you a modified Bridgeport and am excited about Adelheid and Vince meeting! Hurry!

I know you are still catching up from the computer disaster so I'm just teasing. I popped the band into Supernatural Island and made a few changes to the members. Mostly clothing and some will not be fairy's in this save so changed their occult. Vince will be looking for his special someone among all those gals I'm putting in. :smiley:

I never have lag or game issues in Moonlight Falls. It's such a small town. I guess I've been lucky. I started having lots of problems in Bridgeport though the longer I spent playing Jared and Alexandra. I still have those saves, but I have not tried since I moved to the desktop.
  • Options
    @Turjan : I hope your PC is back in track again? It´s not as old as mine, because it runs on Windows 10, so it should be working correctly, right?
    But I´ve heard that the updates for Win 10 are a pain in the a§§, so no wonder it won´t work as intended!
    Yes, it´s hard to get a job at a certain age and with helth problems... but I´ll stay positive! (Nothing else I can do, hm?) :)
    My last royal private wedding in Niua Simoa got upgraded to "in the middle of a road lane". True story. At least they had the cursing drivers as witnesses
    Not really? :D How often did they get run over? Didn´t anybody stop to be a witness? :D

I have seen your family tree at the "What happened" thread: you tell me that my family is confusing??? :D
    I have to say that Robert-Michel was very busy, as kids as well!
  • Options
    @DivaDoodle : So you literally tell me that my Enlish is bad, right? With an awful German accent? ;):p:D
    Gosh! stop it! I love how your English is! I pray that you don't become fluent! what if you lose the magic 😥 of 'in his near' or 'the Thing' or worse, 🤔lose your lovely accent! or worse still, and replace it with some accent west coast American, 🥱bah, no accent at all! nooooooo!😫
    Allright (and read it with a rolling, hard "r"! ;) )
    But because I won´t learn better English anymore then I have to go with it, and everybody else!

Well, I don´t know if I believe in soulmate relationships. I tend more to do not. Maybe because I haven´t found one who is the perfect match for me?
    But in my story this soulmate thing is a bit more than just having the perfect partner.
    I had this concept in mind when I´ve began playing with Haldir and Travis all the years back. Then @bekkasan began to write about this soulmate bond between her supernaturals and I somehow mixed that in my mind with my understanding and now my soulmate relationships are a bit like hers (a lot to be true!)
    My soulmates can stay away from each other in long distances, for a few months, even years if needed. But they would get very ill, maybe die, when the other died. They would never get into another relationship again if they survive the death of the other and they will be sad and feel a big emptiness inside of them.
    They are the most happy and contented when the other is just around the corner.
    Furthermore no other person can destroy their relationship, only they can do that.
    They can cut their bond though, if both want to and are 100% convinced of that.

Yes, I would like to understand that poly-amorous relationship myself. I don´t know anyone who openly lives in such a relationship (maybe because society is still against it very much?) so I just get my knowlegde from TV, of course this knowlegde is made for TV shows....
  • Options
    @Sprottenham : yes, It´s boring to rebuild and replay what I have already played. Moreover because I worked with lots of poses the first time, I didn´t use as many in my replay as in the beginning. :s

There will be a market for private lessons again, but at the moment there are holidays.... :D

Yepp, 45 different towns connected to one game...
    here is just the first half...
    UvCgjB9.jpg
    There is no way that all Sims in all worlds age in the right time and speed.
    I just age the Sims, which are important for my family or the game, up when I visit their town. I keep them in track in my mind.... :D
    So the aging is confused, mildly said... But I don´t care for everybody having the correct age compared to my main family, if they are even roughly the same then I am happy. :D

I am annoyed about the taxis and the busses, too (I have a mod for the taxis to have a different color, that helps a bit). But I am completely annoyed that there is sooooo less building stuff, decorating stuff and furniture that doesn´t look Armerican.
    It is no wonder that there aren´t many German worlds out there, it´s hard to design one without many CC I would say.
    There are sooooo less European worlds, either.
    I am a bit fed up by this American style, even when you look at Aurora Skies, which is supposed to be an Icelandic Island: the world looks too American for me still. And it makes me a bit angry about the developer team who made this world, tried to sell it as a non-American world and failed successfully... :s

I wait patiently for you to change your mind according supernaturals.... >:)

"The Tinget" will be posted soon!
  • Options
    @bekkasan : as I said to diva earlier, I don´t have a very different soulmate relationship than yours, only that they can resolve it and that there could be the possibility that they won´t die when the other does.
    I somehow mixed your understanding of the soulmate relationship with mine, I am sorry, if I stole some elements from you!!!!!
    That wasn´t my intetion, it just grew in me more and more. If you want me to stop writing about that, I´ll do!

I saw your diving diva picture! LOL about those stylish wannabees! ;)

I hope that you can move your Ballan´s and their friends in Midnight Hollow much faster than I can move mine from Bridgeport to Rflong´s Bridgeport, I am still moving....
    Isn´t Rflong great??? She is such a great person!!!!

:D I can´t wait for Vince to find his girl in your SI! I just hope he´´ have his red hair still!
    I never have lag or game issues in Moonlight Falls. It's such a small town.
    :D well, my Moonlight Falls isn´t small anymore, it isn´t even medium big, it´s huuuuuge. I´ve placed so many more new lots that I´ve doubled the lots....
  • Options

@AlexaKry Interesting your take on soulmates! My view differs only in that they would probably never be apart, they would never want that. And they would never sever the soulmate bond it would be impossible to do so and they would never want to, in the first place. It just makes life so much better to share with your special one.

ohhhh LOL :D stop! You know your English is quite fluent, more than enough to express yourself and have us understand you and love your stories! <3
  • Options
    @AlexaKry My PC is from January 2012 and originally started out with Win7. I haven't managed to get any of the latest Win10 updates yet, so it's stuck on the latest security update of the 1903 version, which is at end of service. I still have one thing I can try, and if that doesn't work, the PC will have to upgrade with a total wipe. However, it's clear I need a new PC soon, anyway.

Regarding the road marriage, eh, I just run with the fact that the cars just drive through. As I've switched off empty taxi traffic, they were only "run over" twice or so, so nothing serious :lol: .

Robert-Michel is quite quaint regarding the number of children though. In my main game, the founder Marcus Stout has close to 30 direct kids alone. Which is the reason why I have Traveler-connected worlds there. However, I wouldn't dare to work with 45 connected worlds. How big is that save? How long does that take to save? It sounds a bit - involved :open_mouth: .
  • Options
    @AlexaKry

Haha, you have a town called Lillebror! (Little brother) :P But yeah, dang, that is a lot.. I hope I never get 45 towns, no wonder your aging system is complicated.. @_@ I think there is no use in trying to explain that to me, I just wouldn't get it.. probably.. :P

I have been to Iceland, and traditional Icelandic homes aren't very American looking of course, but they do have some interesting architecture for more modern homes, and Iceland does have some of American influence. Kentucky Fried Chicken and Domino's is literally everywhere... but on the other hand, they don't have a single McDonalds' restaurant. The last one closed down in 2009 and they still have a burger from it at a museum I think.. and it probably still hasn't decomposed...

I don't want to advertise my story in your thread, but I did just yesterday start to post about my more or less supernatural story in this forum... there are winged creatures in it, but no fairies. I'm just not ready to deal with faries in my games just yet.. I want to explore something a little more fascinating (to me..)..
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Haha, you have a town called Lillebror! (Little brother) :P
    Lillebror Description: Lillebror is the “little brother” of Lillesund and is an island in Norway.
    Lillebror
    Lillesund
    But yeah, not sure anyone would name a town like that, but the name is rather familiar in Germany from the Astrid Lindgren book.
  • Options

@AlexaKry I gotta spoil Tyler a little. He's gonna be King of the Fairy's and then Leader of the world. He's gonna like it too! Even if he doesn't want it. : >:)
    No, if he hates it, I have back up plans. ;) But he will lose the extra houses! :D I don't want to force him to be something he is not happy doing.

I got kinda involved in testing a few things in my SI save these last few days, when I had time so I didn't try the move. Maybe next week.
    Rflong is awesome! I'm looking forward to seeing them together. Are you back in the present day with your sims play now? Fingers crossed. :grin: I love the history stuff, but miss seeing Tyler and Sif and the other kids.

hehe, I stole my soulmate relationships from two different book series that I read. You are welcome to whatever elements appeal to you. I kinda combined elements of the two different authors and perhaps a few from a couple other authors as well. In some they don't die, just go into a serious decline especially if they are immortal and can turn rogue if not cared for by others until they are stable. In my Ballan family they will die. :cry:
    I really hadn't stated it in the Mary story, but they don't die in it. They just keep searching and can be reborn like Damien was. Jamie has been reborn many times. Mary couldn't be reborn since she was stuck as a ghost. Once they are together they will be pulled to each other in future lives. (I thought that was a cool element in a short story I read.)
    I saw @DivaDoodle's comment about not being apart. Mine can be apart, but they don't want to be. I know some authors write the bond requires them to stay close together proximity wise, but not in my worlds. It would be difficult for Bekka to stop working to go with Jamie every time he has to leave town for a special job. Jamie can't stay with her all the time as that is what he did before moving to help Damien. Sometimes, she might be able to go with him. Others not. Same with Adam and Alice as another example. She couldn't go with him to find his Mom's remains and he couldn't keep waiting to go.

I just love some of the game glitches. That outfit was hilarious.
    Vince will still have his red hair but will not be a fairy. By the time I got to them I had too many fairy's and not enough of other occults. So, they are no longer a fairy band, but the band is still called Inferno. They have new everyday outfits for the new world, but their band outfits are the same. :smiley:

Ah, adding lots will certainly make things lag. :cry: I did that with my Midnight Hollow and that lags badly when I retrieved them this last time. I need to redo Victor and Gardenia's mansion. I got too much stuff in it!
  • Options
    Turjan wrote: »
    Haha, you have a town called Lillebror! (Little brother) :P
    Lillebror Description: Lillebror is the “little brother” of Lillesund and is an island in Norway.
    Lillebror
    Lillesund
    But yeah, not sure anyone would name a town like that, but the name is rather familiar in Germany from the Astrid Lindgren book.

Oh wow! :O

I didn't know about those towns, but that is amazing looking. I love it, it looks very Norwegian. It reminds me of growing up, seriously. Those red houses by the sea. The boats by the dock...

Oh, snap.. the creator specifically mentions that the town of Lillesund is actually inspired by where I grew up.... no wonder I felt so at home. Excellent work!!

Bookmarked!!

Btw @Turjan you're German? I always assume that anyone on this forum is American unless they say something else. :P
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    @Sprottenham And here I thought this forum was an Australian exclave :lol: . Anyway, yes, I'm German, living in Vienna, Austria, at the moment. But that (being German) seems to be true for the owner of this thread, too.
    I've never been to Vesterålen, if I remember correctly. I used the Hurtigruten only north of it, was hiking across the island of Hammerfest for a few days, then spent some days at the Svartisen, bypassing the whole area. Oh well, you can't go everywhere.

I should probably stop hogging this thread though :lol: .
    Post edited by Turjan on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top