Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Meet the Helmquists - a Sims 3 story

Comments

• DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member
    @AlexaKry Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! ''the game files/saves are unaccessable, too''. šŸ˜±

That is soo horrifying!!! šŸ˜± I am so so sorry my friend!!! :'(
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    Oh, sh.. that's maximum unlucky. How can an antivirus do that? It's like the antivirus works like a virus in itself.. but if the files are still there, I suppose, they should be able to retrieve... just temporarily locked away somehow. Hope it works out!
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @AlexaKry

I hate problems with the game, so sorry to hear about
    the computer problems, had my share of those.
    I hope it can be fixed soon.
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @all : thank you so much for the good wishes and the thumbs up and the support and sympathy, that helped a lot!

Soooo.... The good or the bad news first?
    Bad, so I'll end with some positive then...
    Computer is somehowe restored, it has a lot of hick ups then and now, like when i start it it won't load windows properly and closes itself.... Or it doesn't start at all... Or it doesn't load internet so i just have access to it via my tablet, as of now...
    But when it loads windows correctly it does its work, much much slower than before, but hey, I have time, I can wait for the old man.... āŒšāŒšāŒššŸ˜œ

But i have access to nearly all my picture filesšŸŽ‰, except the very new ones which i have stored at an external drive which isn't accessible at allšŸ˜ž. So I have to do Haldir's coronation again so the next update will be delayed a bit. (because, as I said, computer is wonky and slow and a šŸøšŸøšŸøšŸø diva)

And @bekkasan : Vince has to wait for Adelheid, their pictures are the recent ones which I've lost...

Phew, half an hour for such a short text, writing on a tablet s... Cks.!
    @AlexaKry I'm so glad you can start it, at least sometimes! Are you taking out the bad acting antivirus or what? Can you revert the computer to a new previous working time? I'm not saying to do that because I have no idea what would happen!!!

Gosh, I think if it happened to me I would just take it in to the Geek Squad and have them fix it back to how it was. We have done that before with sometimes good results, My fancy desktop couldn't be saved but all my files they saved on another hard drive (I had to keep it because it had all our files when we were executors of parents estate) I said Yes fine TY BUT WHAT ABOUT MY SIMS! lol They showed me how to slide over my sims to an outside HD but I already forgot how and don't know where I put the other HD LOL I'm hopeless!

I wish you cont. luck in this endeavor and hope to see you Back soon!!! <3 I miss you! <3
    @DivaDoodle : aww, thank you, I miss you, too! (although I've read and awesomed all your updates). But comments with the tablet is šŸ¤¬.

Oh, my pc was cared for by a former student of mine who now has a pc repair business. He thought of deleting windows from the pc but first he let run a repair program over my pc first which helped a lot. He has some reservations of deleting win 7 from my pc and loading it on again because it is so old and the updates don't run properly anymore (like I discovered!) so he just let everything where it is and will look over the pc again so my printer and my internet and my external drives will work better.

He adviced to me that i shoulb buy a new pc somewhere soon in the future... šŸ˜ž

But: I'm already working on the coronation again, The Sims are loading from time to time... šŸ˜†
    If only it wasn't so hot here atm, we have a heatwave with up to 40Ā°C right now. (i live in a flat under the roof, south sided, sun from 10.30 to night...)
    Even playing the Sims isn't lots of fun when it's 32Ā°C in your flat... šŸ¤’šŸ¤’šŸ¤’
    Well, sweating is good for the skin, right? Right? šŸ˜œšŸ˜œ
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@AlexaKry Hey! :heart: Nice to see you with an update on what is happening. I'm sorry that it is still not working up to par, but glad you were able to recover some function. Glad you didn't lose all your pictures!

I try to avoid letting my desktop which has windows 7 on it do any updates. I keep it off the internet and try to mostly transfer things via flash drives so it stays off line. I will be extra careful after hearing your story!

Poor Vince and Adelheid! I hope they will wait patiently for you. I know I am looking forward to their story but I'm enjoying the current story very much too and look forward to how Haldir becomes King.

I have to use tablets for work and I do hate them!
    I hope you get some cooler temps both inside and outside.
    @AlexaKry oh I am so glad to hear that! YAY for your student!!! Tell him 'du bist groƟartig!' from me!!!

Yes sweating is good for your skin! you must be a ravishing beauty queen by now! šŸ‘ø

I hope your temp goes down soon!!! Don't come over, our temp hit 109F (42.7) today and the air conditioner repair men are here every morning to make sure the old geezers are still alive and not turned into beef jerky and have enough freon! They over did it, My Skull is so cold! lol (I sit at the laptop under the air vent) I have to wear a hoodie! I tried to go outside and sweat so I can be ravishing like you! but it isn't working! :D

I don't like to hear about your internet not being hooked up! Max says It might cause time travel! He doesn't want you to go backwards in Time! Me either!!! Max warns you to not look out your window when the internet isn't working, he fears you will see hairy cavemen with clubs! :o:# We all hope the student can fix this asap! <3
  • TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member

@AlexaKry
    Ohh no ā€“ you got so many save files and photos. What an ugly situation
    O good new ā€“ student is heaven send when (just a little) older peopleā€™s PCā€™s funk up
    Please if you can, get a new PC, would be terrible to lose everything if and when the ā€œOLD MANā€ canā€™t anymore. This sounded like a first bad warning.
    NB: The Heat have also hit a bit higher, so we also got +30Ā°C
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
    Oh, I am happy it worked out (sort of).. and no offense, but I mean this in the best possible way... I agree with your computer repair former student that maybe you should buy a new computer if you're going to keep playing... <_< >_>

I mean, the computer I had probably could have run it just fine for a while still, but eventually my own paranoia got to me and I recently bought a new one (been thinking about for a while) and transferred my game to there. I've had computers and hdd's completely die on me before with the associated total loss of data and that is always very unpleasant...

Oof, those hot temperatures again. 40 degrees is much to hot for me. With temperatures like that I probably wouldn't be playing as much. For the past few weeks we've had around 12-15 degrees outside... just to compare...
    th1das9.png
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @AlexaKry

Yay so happy to hear it sorta worked out.
    @bekkasan @DivaDoodle @Tamijo @Sprottenham @Silverofdreams30 :
    Thanks again for your heads up for me!
    It helped much!
    And Tim, my former student (and my hero now!) could save lots of my pc. I just lost my newest external hard drive where all my newest pictures and saves were stored and I've lost all data on my pc.
    But the pc is running now, still not as fast as before and it hast some problems with getting into internet and when I change from one function to another, like watching Netflix through pc and then closing it and trying to open openoffice, then my i get the notice that windows has crashed.... Then I have to wait for it to restore itself and after that, I can open the next thing....
    Tim doesn't know at all why the pc does that, but he says that I will have to work with it and that I shouldn't be so impatient....
    Gah, i "hate" it when children get mature! šŸ˜†šŸ˜†šŸ˜†šŸ˜†

And because the tempratures have dropped to a bearable level since yesterday I can begin to replay and reorganize the saved pictures to put out a new update soon.

(I've read all your updates and gave awesomes but can't comment with the tablet as I wish, because writing is.... with it. I am waiting for a new keypad, because the old one doesn't work correctly anymore, don't ask me, why! I just decided to buy a "new" one (Tim sells me an old one of his) I don't ask my pc why anymore. šŸ˜’šŸ˜œ)

@AlexaKry Hey! Happy to see a note on how its going. Glad to hear the weather is a little better and you can start to organize pictures and your story again.

I do hope you are able to play again soon. Bummer about the internet and shame he can't figure that part out. LOL at him telling you to be patient. The teacher becomes the student! :smiley:

Miss you and your stories! Take care!
  • TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member

@AlexaKry
    Good to hear that some, maybe even most, of your stuff will be safe. God Bless Tim
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
    @AlexaKry

''Alle hageln die mƤchtigen cleveren Tim!!"šŸ¤“

Now you have to make a sim named Tim! Or Next baby to be born then will be honored with his name!!! :)

What a crazy PC! It reminds me of a phase my laptop went through when if I turned it to off in the night, then it would sometimes take a long time to boot up to windows 10 in the morning with crazy messages like It couldn't do it because ''it didn't have a password to microsoft!'' What?!?!?! LOL
    But I remembered a valuable lesson from the guy that made me the PC long ago.
    He, like Tim, Also said ''don't be so impatient'', then added "stop smacking the pc, it is not an obstinate donkey!" and then the valuable "turn it off and on again!" The last one worked, on the 3rd try, I don't know why? Now I just leave it on, it then goes to sleep mode by itself and after awhile turns itself off, in the morning no problem with turning on, it is quick!
    It just likes to do things all by itself, I guess.
    It's probably sentient and crabby, for all I know! :D

Anyway that is a Lovely sounding update from you <3 , and with better temperatures over there, it gives me great hope to see your story again soon!!! <3:smiley: I hope there is sufficient Luck getting on the internet to upload your pix!

Hmm, it sounds like things are working better, but not perfect. Your pc is mostly restored, but...

"I just lost my newest external hard drive where all my newest pictures and saves were stored and I've lost all data on my pc."

..? You lost an external hard drive and all data on your pc? Where did you save your pictures and your games? Or did you not lose anything? Maybe it's just me, but I'm a little confused by your last post...

..so, but, everything is back, or slowly getting back right? That would be great, of course!

I wouldn't consider myself a computer genious, they sometimes do some strange unexplable things.. I have a colleague at work that always says there must be gremlins inside the computers there whenever they start to act up... and the solution that always works? "The swedish button" as we call it.. a.k.a just turning it off with the button on the front of the computer... wait 10 seconds, turn it on again...
    th1das9.png
    In summer it was time for another birthday.
    Travis and Haldir woke up one morning and, as always, Haldir dressed up while Travis made the bed. (a fact that sometimes leads to some arguments between them because Travis is neat and Haldir is a very, very chaotic man when it comes to homework... At least he likes to shower and to smell good...;-))
    l6DGiP9.jpg
    rL8CxLf.jpg
    Good for the surprise for Travis that he couldnĀ“t see HaldirĀ“s mischievous smile so he went downstairs after Haldir to the kitchen to get some breakfast. The children had already been going to school (under protests, they wanted to get a piece of birthday cake, too, and wanted to congratulate Travis to his birthday as well! Helo had slept at his boyfriendĀ“s house so Travis and Haldir were alone)
    When Tavis entered the kitchen unsuspiciously he stopped by the sight of presents and the birthday cake on the sideboard.
    N3YNNlw.jpg
    sjDaGzA.jpg
    "What-?"
    "Surprise, my love! Happy birthday!" Haldir cheered. "Blow out the candles and wish something!"
    MxngLtK.jpg
    BlcXyeN.jpg
    Travis looked at the presents and thought about his wish.
    c2xmHHS.jpg
    He got serious and hoped that his wish would be fulfilled.
    Then he bent down to the candles, blew and wished his wish under the cheers of Haldir.
    RRV6whm.jpg
    mgaKZ7s.jpg
    NzRy0uN.jpg
    46uJqC3.jpg
    UsBl2Ra.jpg
    Then the wonder of his transformation started.
    uOj52bm.jpg
    He felt a bit insecure if everything would go well
    d4RLzS8.jpg
    Lam0Zwg.jpg
    But then everything went well, he discovered.
    MFlSI5f.jpg
    And he became the serious young man he still is today.
    uH4ceG4.jpg
    Haldir sensed the little sadness and seriousness in his soulmates mood and tried to cheer him up again while they ate TravisĀ“ birthday cake.
    wir2v8o.jpg
    VPqRlUa.jpg

Travis graduated with best marks from school, he could chose between the best universities and decided that he wanted to go to university where Haldir went to, too.
    The summer was great for the little family, Emerson and Misty loved their stepdad to bits and pieces and were happy that their dad decided to end his active career. When Haldir was seen off there was a big party at his home stadium to honor him. He took the chance to tell everyone (TV was there, too) that he and Travis were a couple and that they were engaged.
    He and Travis got soooo many best wishes from people all over Simworld for their decision to tell everyone about it!
    Then the little family plus Helo and his boyfriend went off to holiday to Cape Garner Islands (where Haldir bought nearly half of the island during their stay) and everyone had lots of fun, except Travis. He was worried about his stay at university and that Haldir would be alone at home with too much time to spend.
    Haldir could sense his mood and tried to read his mind but Travis isolated himself more and more and closed off his partner from his thoughts.
    He didnĀ“t want to tell Haldir that he didnĀ“t want to go to university because he was afraid that he would lose him during the following years of studying. He was even more afraid of being left alone and being sent away by Haldir so he could search for a better suited husband.

Soon summer holidays were over and the kids had to go to school again and for Helo to start his new job at the military. Travis became more and more silent.
    So Haldir decided to take him to the art museum one day and to talk with him about his studies at Standfort ( :D , sorry, IĀ“m really bad in name giving).
    After they had lots of fun viewing the great art which was exhibited they sat down at a bench outside to enjoy the good weather.
    Haldir asked his love what was on his mind.
    MKTJmYb.jpg
    7w83hcF.jpg
    "Oh, nothing, really, I just liked the paintings and still have to think about the one of Vin Gaugh, the one with the stars in the night sky, you know?"
    "Why? WhatĀ“s going through your pretty head when seeing it?" Haldir asked, hoping that Travis would open himself to him finally.
    "I didnĀ“t understand it fully, you know?"
    "No? What is it you couldnĀ“t understand?"
    "Well, the colors are so nice and calming but the swirls are so troublesome, colors and technique are so confusing. I donĀ“t know what he wanted to express with that picture."
    "Hm, maybe he had an inner conflict and had to express how his different thoughts whirled in his head?" Haldir tried to explain, being happy that this conversation lead directly into the direction he wanted to talk about with his partner. "I think that he was in a mental crisis when he painted it and he just wanted to express that?"
    "Yeah, maybe you are right!"
    "I have the opinion that you should better talk about an inner conflict or problems you have, better than drawing it and leaving it to the viewer how to interpret the thoughts." Haldir went on and hoped that his boyfriend would finally open up to him again.
    0U4NXsV.jpg
    2sNlZbP.jpg
    Travis suddenly realized that he had said too much and stopped talking. But he felt HaldirĀ“s look at him and suddenly it broke out of him.
    "I donĀ“t want to go to Standfort! I donĀ“t want to leave you and I donĀ“t want to lose you!"
    Dr6nc22.jpg
    Haldir was shocked! "But, Ƥhm, why do you think youĀ“ll losing me when you go to Standfort? You wonĀ“t ever lose me!" He looked even closer at Travis.
    S1DQIIX.jpg
    "YouĀ“ll forget me and I wonĀ“t see you ever-"
    "Why would I forget you? I would never forget you!" Haldir was confused. What was Travis thinking? 'Does he really think that I will forget him while he studies? What on earth have I said or done that he came to such a strange conclusion?'
    "You-you will be here and everyone knows now that you are gay and there will be lots of men who-"
    "Wait! Do you really think that I will betray you while you are not at home? When did I give you this impression?" he asked, completely clueless. "Can you please tell me what I have done that you think that I will betray you as soon as you are not here for a few days?"
    "I donĀ“t want to talk-"
    "Well, I know that you donĀ“t want to talk about it and I know that you would like to run away from me now. But I wonĀ“t give you the chance to do so. I think we HAVE to talk about it now!"
    "I-please, Haldir, release me from your control. I-"
    "No, I want you to talk to me. Now! I tried to be sensitive and nice to you this summer although you isolated from me more and more. I wanted you to talk to me when you were ready, but every time I asked you what kept bothering you you ran away! Now IĀ“ve put a shield around you so you canĀ“t run away from me anymore. I want you to talk to me about this unproved fears!" In HaldirĀ“s voice laid some suppressed anger.
    "Haldir, please, let me go! I-"
    "No. YouĀ“ll leave in a few days and I donĀ“t want you to think that I would search for a new husband as soon as you are gone. How on earth did you get this thoughts???"
    Travis looked at him, his eyes were big and fearful and sad. "ThatĀ“s what all couples do, donĀ“t they?"
    Haldir couldnĀ“t believe what he just heard! "What do you mean by that? Who told you such a nonsense?"
    Travis couldnĀ“t withstand his gaze and looked down at his shoes. "Mother," he whispered. "And grandpa does this too."
    "What? Wait-what?" Haldir was even more confused. He could believe that his sister was that cheating b.... Travis mentioned, but his dad? What did Travis see and learn about partnerships and marriages? "What did your mother and my dad say?"
    "ItĀ“s not the much they said itĀ“s more about how they behave, you know?"
    "What do you mean? Come one Travis, TALK to me!"
    "Well, everytime dad was/i on tour mother had/has some men with her at home and they, well, they- you know- they had-"
    "Sex? Hallie betrayed Tristan? At his house?" Haldir was mad at his sister. How could she??? She had to care for Travis, not f... unknown men! What a-" 'IĀ“ll deal with her later!' he thought. "And what do you mean dad, I mean grandpa, did that, too?"
    "Yes, whenever grandma was in her hometown to solve some problems there with her subjects he stayed home and visited a woman here in Moonlight Falls, she is somehow related to your friend Matthew Hamming, I think."
    "Gosh, Travis, why didnĀ“t you talk to me much earlier? I donĀ“t know about grandpa, but I know what a b... your mother is and I can clearly say that I canĀ“t and wonĀ“t be compared to her AT ALL!!! I love you and would NEVER betray you! Not if you are away for a few days or for years! I will just miss you deeply! I love you! Why should I search for someone else? We are soulmates! Have you forgotten the little bells and sparkles and harp sounds when we kissed for the first time? And the feeling that our missed other half filled us up to make us one and whole?" Haldir looked at his love with shock and a bit of fear.
    "No, of course I havenĀ“t forgotten that, it was such a happy feeling, Haldir, I was sooo happy for the first time in my life!"
    "But why do you think that IĀ“ll leave you now? Just because your mother," he spat out the word, "is such a bad person?"
    "Yeah, well, I thought that, I mean, I just thought that... we donĀ“t go together at all! I mean, you are so-"
    "Stop it! Just stop it! You really want to tell me that we werenĀ“t made for each other? That we arenĀ“t soulmates? That fate is wrong?"
    "I-I just donĀ“t know what to think anymore, Haldir!" Travis looked pitifully at his feet. "I just donĀ“t know..." he whispered.
    "But I know! I know that I canĀ“t live without you and that I will miss you so much when you are in Standfort and that I will count everyday until youĀ“ll come back or until I will be able to visit you there! I even think of renting a house there for me to be able to stay there for more than a weekend!"
    "Really?" Finally Travis looked to Haldir. "You will visit me there?" he asked and by the look on his face Haldir could see that he didnĀ“t even think about the possibility that he wanted to see him, too!
    "Of course!" HaldirĀ“s voice was soft and full of emotions. "Did you really think that you would not see me before Christmas?"
    "I just donĀ“t know anymore what I have thought. I just thought that I would leave you and that you would forget me..."
    "As if I could forget you, my heart! Nearly all my thinking is about you and how hard it will be being without you! And how IĀ“ll miss you every hour of the day, every day! I canĀ“t WAIT for you to come back from university with a degree in sports!"
    "But why MUST I go then?"
    "Because youĀ“ll need your degree and because it will be such a great time for you there!"
    "It wasnĀ“t a great time for you!"
    "Because mum and dad didnĀ“t visit me and I had to play my matches without their support so I was a bit unhappy. But I made such good friends there! It definitely was a very, very good time for me and I want you to have such a good time as well! All I want for you is that you are happy! AND youĀ“ll be happy there!"
    "I would be more happy if I could stay!" Travis looked into HaldirĀ“s eyes as if he wanted to implement the thought of staying into his mind.
    Haldir had to grin. "You wonĀ“t be able to do so, my love! LetĀ“s make a deal, ok?"
    "Which one?"
    "Go to university for one semester. If youĀ“ll still find it awful after it youĀ“ll come home and we wont ever talk about university again, but when you find out that you like to live and learn there, then youĀ“ll end your studies with a degree in sports, ok?"
    "And I can stay home after this first semester?"
    "Yes, of course, I donĀ“t want to force you to stay there!"
    "Like you dindĀ“t force me to stay at this bench?"
    "IĀ“m sorry my love, but I had to do so. IĀ“ve already released you from it a few minutes ago, didnĀ“t you recognize?" Haldir smiled his most adorable smile, "so, whatĀ“s your answer?"
    "Hm, if I can stay home then... ok, deal!"
    "Seal it with a kiss, sweetie!"
    l3HC4cq.jpg
    Travis smiled an unsecure smile. Why was Haldir so sure of victory?
    uHKlMZR.jpg
    skGo9P3.jpg
    He decided to lull Haldir into safety. Just half a year! I just have to stay there for half a year, he thought! Then IĀ“ll be back and will stay with him forever!
    HKgBQCS.jpg
    D03vnRM.jpg

Needless to say that he graduated from university with the best grades in his year, holding the oration, getting many good friends and getting lots of offers of big teams to play with! His time at university was one of the best times in his young life, he and Haldir were getting closer and closer, even despite the long distance they had between them!
    He never got to know how much Haldir had suffered not being with him and having the same fears Travis had before going, as Haldir would have never talked about that to him. He just wanted him to enjoy his time cause he knew that it was good for his soulmate to get to know some other concepts of life. But Haldir was relieved when Travis decided to play for the Moonlight Falls Monsters so they could see each other every day!
    They married a few weeks after Tavis came back from university and before he began his new job at the townĀ“s team. Haldir had become the owner of the team a few months before Travis graduated so Travis wanted to play in his team of course!
    They decided that Travis should play as long as he had fun in doing so, after that they would begin to plan their family. They both wanted lots of kids and Travis wanted to start with their family right after their marriage, but Haldir insisted on him playing a few years or working in a different job, just not getting kids such early in his life. "You are so young, we will get so old, why not enjoying your life at first?" he asked Travis a few times.
    Travis deferred to Haldir, he got to know that he knew best and that he always had the best in mind for him!

So at one day in the summer Travis graduated they had a little ceremony at their garden, that was all they wanted and needed.
    Misty, Emerson, Argus, Hendrik, Helo and his fiancƩ were there to testify their marriage.
    "So will you, Haldir Helmquist, be my husband and bind youself to me until death will part us?"
    zXpfFHV.jpg
    24cjHpT.jpg
    hnjrRZQ.jpg
    kLJ3xfG.jpg
    "And will you, Travis van Gould, be my better half and my beloved husband and my only love until death will part us?"
    AamIBuo.jpg
    jr9NGoh.jpg
    7MO7Hlc.jpg
    GSqfH4O.jpg
    "Yes, I will!"-"Yes, I will!"
    dT0uSbK.jpg
    uXBMNAw.jpg
    And they sealed their soul bond with a deep and long kiss, hoping to have a very long and happy life together! What should go wrong?
    M8529he.jpg
    r8jTraP.jpg
    Then Haldir told Helo to go away with his eyes and they got, well, let them leave here and let them have some fun together...
    3fvD3ei.jpg
    zeGGQVK.jpg
    OzH5fgn.jpg
    lpCZoaA.jpg
    kwHImav.jpg
    tiFky2L.jpg

They knew that they would have to reinforce their marriage in front of the fairy kings and queens at the next Thing, they just wanted to marry as soon as possible.
    The reinforcement was needed whenever a future king or queen or a king or queen married without the other kings and queens being witnesses of the bond. The bonding ceremony had to be hold at the old, holy places where the first fairies set their feet on the ground of the new world so many centuries ago under the eyes of all fairy queens and kings, their spouses and their families. Mostly every other fairy of the world wanted to be/was there as well, because the Thing always was a big important event of the folks where laws and decisions were made and justice was told and where the fairies got to know each other.
    Haldir didnĀ“t know that the next Thing would come much sooner than it was planned.
    edited June 2021
    Outtakes:
    Travis didnĀ“t approve of his look after he became YA, I think... :D
    MFlSI5f.jpg
    OZsnqG7.jpg
    Who can hold it against him?

For my Thing Travis and Haldir had to test out the routing, they were forced to sing karaoke for me :p
    EpFwMSB.jpg
    wQc9yPo.jpg
    aJQfBD5.jpg
    8TZyRgL.jpg
    tsjp9w8.jpg
    nonNbFG.jpg

For you all it is very good that you can only see and read here, if you had to listen to them you would still be deaf!!! :s:D:D

@all: comments on your threads tomorrow, itĀ“s already a quarter to two in the night here!

@AlexaKry What a lovely surprise this morning! <3<3<3 I was so happy to see the updates and enjoyed reading them very much!

Nice presents and cake to find first thing in the morning! I'm happy to see it is his birthday.
    There's the Travis we know and love! Yes, serious, but such a loving man. Such a funny outfit to change into. The AI is so weird!

I'm glad all went well with Haldir retiring from his career and they got all those well wishes from the people.
    Dag that Travis thinks too much! And, doesn't talk enough!
    Standfort! :smiley:

Sounds like a wonderful family vacation except for Travis being a stinker with his silly thoughts.
    Good for Haldir! So glad he forced the talk on him and kept him from running so they could talk!!! :relieved:
    What a wonderful talk. Glad Travis finally confessed his fears and Haldir was able to mostly reassure him, especially as they are soulmates.

Shocking about Grandpa! I thought he was so in love with the Queen he wouldn't do anything like that. I had to laugh a little though because I don't like the Queen, and can kinda understand his need for someone else. Although, I completely disapprove of adultery so am conflicted about his other relationship. :lol:

Happy to see them finally get married and such a good idea on waiting on kids for a bit.
    Such a lovely ceremony! They are so happy! Love those faces.
    Look forward to more.

LOL at Travis's face with the outfit. Kinda like mine when I saw his aged up outfit! I love you didn't change it though so we all got a giggle.
    They are so cute wearing the fairy outfits for the ceremony. I love making my fairies wear those. Some seem to hate it and others seem to love it.
    I love karaoke no matter how bad they sound. :love:
    @AlexaKry And now you are rolling again. I guess everything is back up and fine?

Oi, a square birthday cake. :P Happy birthday to Travis! And lots of presents, nice.

Now for some reason my first thought after he aged up was "Indiana Jones". Must be the shirt, leather strap and belt that does it. :P

How do you age them up, by the way? Do you have aging on, or do you decide for them when to age up otherwise?

Oh, the fear that going away will break the relationship. Well, of course it might do that*, but if they (or Travis) really fears for it, then it is also their "job" to maintain it.. I don't know how far away Standfort is, but sims can travel, so they should visit each other. :p

* Maybe I'm pessimistic here...

Cheer up, sport! Going to university doesn't have to be so bad, and if that's what he wants, I say go for it!

Oh, he's suspicious that he will find someone else.. well, you're going to need a certain level of trust... or is he going to glue himself to him..?

Ah, of course, he learned it from his mother... that partners aren't trustworthy, and I guess if that is what you first learned, it will be hard to see anything else. And his grandfather even.. how strange...

Oh, we're not going to see the part where he goes to university, well, that's probably not the most interesting part of your story, so I guess it's fine. ;) I was, err, actually hoping to see that, though.. just to see him have that experience and hopefully having a good time with it..

Oh, and a small private ceremony marriage right after graduation. Congratulations to the newly weds! Haha, it looks like they are tickling each other afterwards.

Trying not to start this sentence with an "oh" or an "ah"...( ;) ) but I like the idea of them having to go to a Thing, kind of like what they had in the old days in Scandinavia...

th1das9.png

@Alexakry Yay :smiley: I'm so happy to read your update! <3

LOL That is very fun having one neat and one a slob! I never knew how fun until I got Thalan and Timon!šŸ˜‹šŸ„° Well, I'm glad Haldir likes to smell good! He Looks like he likes to smell good!

What a great surprise birthday, and all the nice gifts! Haldir is very happy and excited for Travis, who seems so sweetly stunned!

Lovely transformation! I really love that outfit from WA, I think it looks hot! But I wonder if Travis's adventure is all the wonders of his adulthood!!!

Wow that is a huge step for Haldir to tell the world his engagement to Travis! a brave and lovely step! and a wonderful reception from all that heard the news! I am so glad about this!

Poor Travis to have such unsure thoughts of Haldir's love and commitment, poor sweet guy! <3

omg no wonder Travis thinks this way!! poor Tristan! and also that grandpa had a mistress! :o I know Haldir is just in shock about this!

I love the whole conversation they had on the bench! I was so mesmerized reading, I forgot to look up from reading to comment!

Haldir was so good to make the deal, knowing full well that Travis would end up enjoying his time at Uni. He wanted the best for him!

The private wedding was so lovely, I love their facial expressions and can see the love when they look in each others eyes!šŸ˜ It is just sooo good! <3

The get frisky is the cutest isn't it!!!šŸ˜‹šŸ˜»šŸ˜

LOL at the outakes!!! :D:D:D I LOVE the pics sooo much!!!šŸ˜šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

~~~~

Please tell me of Granpa's Mistress! In my mind he is in love with her, he couldn't help but fall in love with her---even though he is still so in love with his wife!!! I'm like bekkasan and don't like adultery! But! But, I do think this loving 2 people, might just happen sometime somewhere.
    Are the Queen and Grandpa soul mates?
    Is the Mistress his soul mate???
    I hope I have thoroughly bugged you for More!!! šŸ˜šŸ˜ŽšŸ˜„

I am So So So Glad and Thrilled that you are back! ( for me to bother and pester you, my dear friend! <3 )

@bekkasan : Thank you so much!
    he he, Haldir had organized all the presents by himself and he even ordered the cake. He was so proud of Travis aging up. He loves his husband being as tall as himself! ;)
    Yeah, the responds of HaldirĀ“s retirement were mostly nice, only a few people called them names and such, but Haldir successfully hidden that from Travis, he didnĀ“t want him to have even more problems.
    Travis has to open uo much more and over time he has. He still has his musing phases but he always talks about everything with Haldir.
    I think that Tyler inherited that kind of behaviour and just havenĀ“t found the right person to trust. (I donĀ“t know why he has such trust issues regarding his dads though)
    I disapprove of adultary, too! ItĀ“s such a snaky behaviour, either you love someone and be faithful (which should be very easy) or you seperate. Why do people think that a side woohoo with other partners from time to time would save a marriage????
    But I donĀ“t have to jugde about Hennings behaviour, he has betrayed the queen and they have to deal with it.
    I donĀ“t know that she has deserved that, but I certainly think that she has to be punished for her wrong and hurtful actions against Travis and Haldir!!! She is not a very good person at that period of their lives.
    During the long time after all this happenings she changed for better, only Travis doesnĀ“t like her still and this is something I can understand and second.
    Today the queen and her husband are still in love, they think they are soulmates, but I think that they arenĀ“t fully soulmates...
    :D I donĀ“t change the outfits the game generates when they are in Moonlight Falls, especially when they have a party to celebrate the birthday. If I changed the outfits I wouldnĀ“t be able to save the game anymore, so IĀ“ve decided that everyone who becomes YA has to celebrate his/her birthday in the game given clothes untill I have saved and loaded the game again. So while they sleep (I always save the game between half past five and 6 am) theyĀ“ll get their real outfit.
    I thought it was funny when the game gave Travis the adventurerĀ“s outfit, he isnĀ“t such adveturous at all.... :D
    Yes, I looove the karaoke singing, the faces they pull and the movements they do are so great and funny!
    @Sprottenham : No, not everything is ok. As IĀ“ve said, IĀ“ve lost a lot of files. I (better: Tim) had to delete windows from the pc and he installed it again, so every file I didnĀ“t have saved at my external hard drives are lost, because I couldnĀ“t save them before the re-install.
    DonĀ“t ask me why I couldnĀ“t save them to my external drives and why one of the external drives broke. I donĀ“t even know what went wrong and lead to all that pc problems. Tim had explained some things to me but even he didnĀ“t know what had happened. (I think he thinks that I did something wrong and I am not blaming him for thinking so, although I think I didnĀ“t do anything wrong... :D )
    Unfortunately Windows doesnĀ“t support Win 7 anymore so after Win 7 was installed again we werenĀ“t able to load every update so my PC is still behaving a biiiit strange.
    From time to time it just crashes to desk top or it just closes itself completely....
    Unfortunately I have to work with it still, because I donĀ“t have any money to buy me a new one. During all the lock downs last year and this year IĀ“ve lost my job so I donĀ“t have much money. Furthermore my car broke down on Friday so I have to pay for itĀ“s repair, because I need a car, even more than a new PC... :s

A square birthday cake, yes! I like to buy this one, because it looks as if it is made out of chocolate and I love chocolate! (the cake comes with the bakery from the store)
    Yes! I always think of Indiana Jones when I see a Sim in this outfit. and when I see it it is always out of place! The teens like to wear it often. When I see a YA with it I always change it because I am with Travis: I donĀ“t like the ouitfit. I wouldnĀ“t even wear it if I had to explore a tomb... :D
    Aging up: it depends on the Sim. I have aging on and the rest of the town just ages when itĀ“s their time. I sometimes have to age the teens up to YA, because I change towns very often and during the trips of the family to other towns I have aging off in all worlds but the world they are in at the moment. I had aging on at some points in the past, but IĀ“ve got too many notices that Sim soandso has died of old age although they were much younger than the sims in my family. So when I move my family to another town the aging stops in the town they were in and starts in the town they visit now.
    This leads to some discrepances between the age of my family Sims and the world Sims, especially with the babies, toddlers, kids and teens because I have shortened their lifespan compared to the adult ones. So when I havenĀ“t visited a town for a very long time Story progression ages everyone up as soon as I am there. This could lead to teens who become older than my family teens although they are younger. ItĀ“s a bit confusing sometimes.
    For example: Tyler, HaldirĀ“s and TravisĀ“ son, has four sons. Timian, his oldest son has, according to the game, two kids himself, one is a toddler, the other a kid. Seth, his third son has a daughter, Adelheid, she is already a YA although she was born much, much, much later than TimianĀ“s kids. So whe I get back to the town where Timian lives I either have to age the kids up or pretend that he got them after Adelheid was born.
    This happens all the time in my game, because I travel so often with my family or with some of them. If I divide the family it will get even more confusing, because then there could be the possibility that newly born kids will be older than their sisters or brothers who are still living in Moonlight Falls, which is my hometown for all my Sims.
    So I have looots of Sims which should be older or younger or already dead.... Somehow my brain is partly re.ta.rd.ed so it can work around it! :D (the word is censores often, so IĀ“ve written it like that)

Yes, you are right, spatial seperation can lead to seperation, but if both are willing to stay in the relationship than it wonĀ“t be a problem in my view. Furthermore Haldir and Travis have enough money to be able to visit each other whenever possible and Sms can travel, as you said.
    In my mind Standfort is far away from Moonlight Falls but not as far away that you canĀ“t reach it within some hours of flying. (In my mind the Sims "worlds" (for me this worlds are just towns) are placed in an alternative earth which looks a lot like our earth but is just populated with Sims. Most of the towns are located in an alternative Northern America (in my mind!) and the University of Standfort is located in the south at the westcoast of the country (like the real Stanford is located near San Francisco and Silicon Valley).
    Moonlight Falls is located at the north at the westcoast of this Northern America, maybe somewhere between Vancouver and Seattle.
    My mind finds Bridgeport at the place where New York Is located, Roaring Heights is where Miami is.)
    As you can see, my mind uses a lot of itĀ“s capacity for finding a way to explain itself strange things... :D

:) Haldir knows that University can be lots of fun (I always thought it was the best time of my life) and he wants Travis to get as much fun as possible! But Travis has made so many bad experiences in his young life that he developed some trust issues so of course he is in fear of losing Haldir. (I think he would liked the thought of being glued to Haldir!!! :D )

Sorry, no University pictures! At the time Travis became Ya University wasnĀ“t released, so at that time I had to pretend that he went to university. (my mind, you see?? :D ) And I didnĀ“t want to replay this part of his past, especialy because I donĀ“t like to play University. I donĀ“t like to play my Sims there because I think it is boring, so much boring compared to the university life I had! ;)

:D Yes, they were tickling each other and disappeared in the fairy house....

Well, you donĀ“t have to wait too long for the Thing, IĀ“ve already have taken all needed pictures for it, I just have to chose which ones to post.
    @DivaDoodle : In my mind Haldir smells like a fresh field of lilies and LĀ“Eau dĀ“Issey Pour Hommes by Issey Miyake.... Simply good!!!
    (in my mind all fairies smell like special flowers or trees)
    And he likes to shower, really! He just donĀ“t like to clear things up or put his plate into the dishwasher and such. (I wouldnĀ“t blame him for that, I dislike homework, too!)
    Sometimes I donĀ“t find it funny to have a slob and a neat Sims together, there where times I watched in shock how Travis was scolding Haldir who wanted to hug him and Travis didnĀ“t wanted to be hugged and I just saw their relationship bars decline! They always restored it to 100% very soon after, but I donĀ“t like to see that at all! Not because of such an unimportant thing like homework!
    You are the only one who like this WA outfit! I donĀ“t like it at all, because this outfit looks as if some very touristic like and unexperienced person would buy it and pretend to be the next Indiana Jones. (although he just goes on a guided tour to the Pyramids...) ;)
    Well, I think if Haldir wants to be the next king he has to deal with unpleasant things like his outing at his retirement. Not all responds were nice, there were a lot of nasty and hostile ones. He just hid them from Travis, he didnĀ“t want him to feel unloved and wrong.
    But Haldir is strong and could deal with all the hate he got.
    Yes, you are right, poor Travis! He has been through so much troubles in his young life that his self-confidence is nearly inexistent. Another reason for Haldir to send Travis to university! He wants Travis to get a life on his own and to get positive feedback for his own personality and work!
    Yepp, Haldir didnĀ“t know that his dad had a lover and is very confused with that information. He has a lot to think about while Travis is at university, right? :D
    Aww, thank you for complimenting my writing! <3 I am still unsure lots of times if that what I want to express is really be expressed in the right and understandable way so noone is more confused after reading that than before reading it.
    Haldir knows how to manipulate the people for their best! This is good for him being a king in the future! He knew that Travis must have made his own (good) experiences to get a better self-conscience.
    DidnĀ“t they look a little bit goofy during their wedding? :D I always think that the grins the Sims smile look as if theyĀ“ve lost even the last brain cell they have (and they donĀ“t have many to start with, you know? :p )
    Yes, the tickling is so cute! I have a mod in my game which makes it possible for the married Sims to tickle their spouses every time they want to after marriage, not just within the two days. They love to do it!

Feel free to "bother and pester" me all the time! :D
    I just donĀ“t/wonĀ“t answer sometimes! >:)
    Like now: I wonĀ“t answer you your questions about Henning and the other woman. B)
    And all this soulmate nonsense... ;):p>:)o:)
    >:)
    I just can say that I donĀ“t like adultery at all! Either you love someone and want to spend your life with him/her or you want to have sex with different people, than seperate from your partner, an extramarital affair is just devious and shows the bad, ugly character of someone. ItĀ“s beyond my imagination how someone can be able to "love" two (or more) people at the same time... In my view itĀ“s not love, itĀ“s just all about sex then...
    But maybe I just donĀ“t understand the concept of love other people have...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top