Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Meet the Helmquists - a Sims 3 story

Comments

• AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @DivaDoodle : needless to say that I ignore the scolding, right?
    I always ignored such so why should I begin now? :smiley::wink:

I´ve never thought you were laughing at me, I was fully aware that you´ve laughed at my (sometimes not so :smiley: ) funny jokes!

And I totally get the fact that you like my wording although it sounds a bit different than the correct English. I just still wonder, because some of my sentences must be fully misunderstandable, I think. :D
    Trite! That is a word I´ve never knew untill today!!! (I´ll forget it in a few days, because my brain is soooo awfully lacking these days, it doesn´t like to be stuffed with new vocabulary anymore, I have to look up so many words... I always think that I have to learn the words I´ve looked up but I am still lazy (like I was in school..) :D so google translator is a big friend of mine... :smirk:

But to be true, sometimes I am a bit frustrated about my writing, because I can´t express fully what I WANT to express. I have written some of the chapters in German first, as a concept-not fully written out, this chapters have a much better and more colorful wording, even if they are just fragments.
    I often think (and know) that this story would be so much better if I could write it in German!
    Although on the other hand I think that it wouldn´t be so "beautiful" as you said when it would have been translated, because some of the German meanings would be let out of the text and then it would be just a normal text, one you find boring (me too!).
    I always have a problem when I read a book which was translated from German to English, there are so many phrases which are left out in the translation....
    Whereas the English to German translation can be boring or very interesting, that depends on the translator, how he/she interprets what he/she has read!
    One of my friends has a translation company, she began with translating instructions for use for BMW, she said that even with such boring texts they got feedback from different coutries that the translation was not understandable because it was "too complicated", first she didn´t even understand what they´ve meant untill she got the tip to use just the easiest sentence structure we have and translate it like that...
    She is so happy now that she changed her company to tranlate books now! :)
    Ah I understand completely what you mean, here we still have many many radical groups like skin heads and churches who still condemn homosexuality and other things like human rights, such a skrewed up,, misguided 'group' everything they do and think is so detestable and sickening. it's still difficult for me to get my head around the church groups 'killing in the name of God' of those people their Own God created! Nature is waiting too long, in my opinion, to make these types extinct!
    We have such ignorant, archaic thinking people here, too. They are so fanatic and aggressive, it is such a s...h.i...t..t...y. thinking! We thought that all of us have learned from what awful, awful things we did to the world during WW1 and WW2, but there are still people denying that! :-1: How can they???? :o
    How stupid do you have to be not believing what had happened????
    There are still 🐸🐸🐸🐸 here, too and because of Corona and the lock downs we had they get so many more supporters! They think the government dictates them and that Corona doesn´t exist and such... HOW STUPID CAN YOU BE???? I would like to call them more bad words, but they will be censored, so I have to stop me.
    Fortunately our church system and our Christian believe is different from yours, we don´t have so many so-called preachers in so many different churches. We have two main Christian churches, the Catholic and the ProtestanT, but have in mind that our Protestants are completely different from the U.S. ones! As I said there are Church organizations under the control and charge of so many priests and their superiors and such, they can´t and are not allowed to preach what they want or what they have found out about god and why just they know all the answers...
    This people and their followers we call sects here...
    Every "church" which preaches stuff which goes against constitution and the human righst of people is called a sect here and many of them are forbidden or surveilled. Unfortunately everyone is allowed to believe what he wants here, too, so if they don´t do much harm to their followers we can´t forbid them fully.
    But if you search for trouble makers: look at such "Free Churches" you´ll find them there!
    Argh, I dislike people who want me to behave in a certain way just because "god" say so....
    I believe in the freedom of believe, but I DISLIKE BEING MISSIONED OR BEING TOLD THAT I`M WRONG IN MY BELIEVE!
    In my opinion everyone who wants to tell others to behave in THEIR way, because a normal, reasonable and morally normal behavior is wrong, are people who have to be punished for trying to get me/someone into a sect...
    I really can´t understand that people who preach homosexuality is wrong or a disease or don´t believing what they believe is wrong or electing someone they don´t like have so many followers?
    How can there be so many stupid people believing such crap????
    Sorry for freaking out, but such people infuriate me!!! :s

Oh Emelie! so I have never thought about this before in sims, is there no community property laws there in that land? so in the event of divorce all assets just go to one partner? ''If Emelie finds out that he is gay she will get the custody of his children and she will take all his wealth, too.''
    They´ve made a marriage contract before they married, she woudln´t get so much of his wealth. BUT: she didn´t know that he was gay, never found out, so she is betrayed with the contract, as her lawyer says.
    When they get to know that he was already gay beforre they married the contract is redundant and then his wealth is her´s as well.
    Furthermore she would talk about his gayness to the media, so he´ll lose lots of contracts with companies he advertises for. He can lose his player´s contract as well, because most of the players wouldn´t like to play and wouldn´t use the team locker room with him anymore.
    So he´ll lose the already made money and the future made as well...
    She can destroy literally everything he has built up in the past. So he is afraid of being outed as gay.
    Because the society at that time is also still very conservative and old fashioned it is 100% for sure that he´ll lose custody for Misty and Emerson as well, because a gay man has always bad thoughts about chldren, you know?!?!
    So his previous life would be destroyed and he doesn´t know if he could cope with this....
    @Tamijo : Thank you for your comment! <3
    You are right, Haldir is exactly the person Travis needed to gain trust to people again. Haldir is such a good listener and normally a good problems solver, so no wonder Travis fell in love with him.
    I think he would have loved him even when Haldir wasn´t gay at all, just because he was the only kind and understanding person Travis knew.
    This is a problem for Haldir also, because he doesn´t know exactly if Travis really loves him od´r just the picture of him as his saviour....

:D sorry for not writing it so directly that Haldir was gay, I thought it was obvious that he was, because everyone knows that he and Travis will marry and have lots of children together!

hehehe, yes, Hendrik is a typical brother, telling his bigger brother to deal with the problems he´s facing and don´t whine about them! :D

Yep, in my mind it doesn´t sound right, too, in normal life I would think of incest and such if a nephew and an uncle get together, especialy when the nephew is still a teen....

Well, yeah, both have problems to deal with, moreover Travis is a teen who doesn´t always react logically or reasonable!

I hope they´ll work it out soon!
  • TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member

sorry for not writing it so directly that Haldir was gay, I thought it was obvious that he was, because everyone knows that he and Travis will marry and have lots of children together!

Ya I know - and if my old brain was operating proper, I'm sure I would also realize that. ;)
    But sadly I have a hard time remembering who is married to who and all that, if i read that some time ago. :s
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
    Haldir changed his clothes.
    With his mind he followed Travis and his aura, he had to watch about him, he could feel the pain in Travis, it was the same pain he felt as well.
    He didn´t want to hurt his nephew, he just wanted the best for him.
    It wasn´t the best when Travis loved him, no, not at all!
    'I´ll be divorced in a few weeks hopefully. I even don´t know if I´ll be the same after it anymore...' Haldir watched into the mirror and couldn´t believe how wrong this all felt!
    'Every solution I can think of is wrong' he looked hateful at his reflection. 'If I don´t give in my feelings for Travis then my heart will break; if I give in I won´t see my children ever again, Emelie will work on this for sure!'
    He thought that he could live perfectly without all the money and without being king!
    "Gosh, mum is young, she´ll just give birth to another fairy boy, shall he do the job!" he screamed to the mirror!-"But I don´t want to live without Misty, Emerson and Travis," he whispered.
    'But what shall I do? How can I make sure I´ll get the custody AND Travis? And I can´t fool myself anymore, I like him soo much. If only he didn´t say he loved me. I don´t know If I love him, too. Love him like he deserves it. He is such a sweet person, so lovable and I can´t...' he stopped.
    He looked at the mirror again. "I should once in my life say aloud what I really feel", he talked to his reflection, "I always had to shut up when I wanted to talk about my feelings, mum always said that I had to suppress my feelings if I was king... But what if that is wrong? What if SHE is wrong here???? What good a king can I be when I can´t feel the same as all my subjects??? And why should I suppress my feelings to anybody??
    AND WHY IS IT WRONG TO BE GAY???" he screamed again. "WHY IS IT FORBIDDEN TO LOVE? I KNOW THAT HE IS MY SOULMATE, FOR SUCH A LONG TIME NOW, BUT EVEN THAT I HAD TO SUPPRESS", he cried now! "She made me to forget that! She told me that I should forget that and that I should use my feelings for getting to be a better husband. But she knows exactly how I feel AND SHE GAVE IN AND MARRIED DAD AND STOOD UP FOR HIM WHEN THE OTHER KINGS AND QUEENS WANTED TO FORCE HER TO FORGET DAD! "
    'But she told me to stop thinking of my soulmate long ago. She was so convincing with this that I´ve even forgot about that all untill now!'
    "I DON´T WANT TO BE WITHOUT HIM!" he screamed at his reflection.
    Haldir began to rummage in his memory to remember what his mum wanted him to forget when he noticed that Travis was moving away from the van Gould-estate.
    "What are you doing Travis, where do you want to go in the middle of the night?" he said silently. Haldir wiped away some tears and ran downstairs to the window.
    KBUyN7Y.jpg
    He could see Travis passing the house riding his bike fastly.
    aoWfVT8.jpg
    Travis didn´t look at Haldir´s house when he passed by, he thought that his uncle was asleep already.
    XDzpLar.jpg
    Haldir opened the door and ran out of the house and after Travis. "Travis!" he called, "Travis, please, stop, please talk to me!"
    But Travis couldn´t hear him or he pretended not to hear him, Haldir wasn´t sure about it.
    'I have to follow him! His thoughts are so confused, I just HAVE to talk to him! I hope he won´t do something really, really bad!" Haldir thought out loud.
    He jumped into his car and followed him.
    4kewmqh.jpg

Travis wasn´t aware that he was followed by Haldir.
    He was feeling so miserable and just wanted to get away from Moonlight Falls and his parents and especially from Haldir!
    'They betrayed me so often, they hurt me the last time!' he thought. 'They will see what they get out of this! When I am not there anymore they will see how that feels!' His eyes began to fill with tears again. 'No more crying you fool. Crying is for wimps!'
    He thought back to the evening again. He had so hoped for Haldir to confess his love for him after he did it to him! 'He always gave me the impression I was so very important to him, but that was just another lie of an adult to me. He is like everyone else! He will see how it´s like when I´m not there anymore and when he can´t teach me or infantilize me anymore!'
    "They will all see!"
    He stepped hard on the pedals of his bike, he was nearly flying through the empty streets of Moonlight Falls!
    "They will all see how it is without me! Then they´ll remember that they should have be nicer to me," he screamed, tears running down his cheeks now.
    "When I´m not there anymore!" he whispered.
    QK705jZ.jpg
    lpUAROn.jpg
    Xm8QcYn.jpg
    3tBYS3o.jpg
    89RGHbm.jpg
    ACRY2tD.jpg
    ODUZfVJ.jpg
    @Tamijo : :D Your mind can´t be older than mine, no way!
    Hey, I´m writing this just for you (ok, and others) so you can get to know everyone I am talking about when I go on with my story about Tyler!
    Do you still remember who his dads were??? :p;)>:)B)
    Oh and do you still remember who Tyler is? :D
    edited May 2021
    @AlexaKry

I remember this: (no cheating only what instantly comes to mind)

His dad (no name) plays music or conduct
    His mother is an A hole
    He liked his grandparents
    I think he is a relative to the main character in the other timeline (the one who was forced to woohoo with the ballon lady) maybe his farther
    so if that is Tyler i also remember his cute (very understanding) girlfriend (maybe wife)
    His character (possible Tayler) is now somehow sick hit by a vampire bite i guess?
    One of the gay men married and got divorced - remember felt bad for the girl (you did not as much as i did :)) might be Travis
    One of Travis sons are also Gay (not that sure about this one)
    There is a cute little house, no idea who own it. but remember they walked or something in the fog, where the Tingsted was.
    They are all related to the queen (regent) of a lot (several territories.) Hardirs mother i think

:) This was quite fun.

My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@alexakry Update! Woo Woo!! I'm glad I'm not rushing to go to work yet and have time to read it this morning, and make my comments. :smiley: I agreed to see a new patient today so I could finish paying off my car repairs. :tired_face:

Haldir's talk to himself was really exceptional. His emotions are all mixed up with wanting to be honest about his being gay and yet knowing it could affect his custody of his children. You portray the conflict admirably. And, then he has to factor in his feelings for his nephew Travis who is still al teenager. It is a miracle he is not wearing a padded jacket. It does show the strength of his character that will continue to grow as he matures.

Poor Travis! He is so young and has had no one that he can talk to help him figure things out except for Tyler and now he feels completely let down by him. He certainly cannot deal with all these mixed emotions on his own. It sure sounds like he is thinking very bad things!
    "When I'm not there anymore."
    Well, I don't know exactly what happens yet, so please hurry up with the next update! I do know the future but I want to know the now!

The pictures of him riding his bike in the dark are perfect with his thoughts of desolation, darkness and lonliness. Hurry, hurry, hurry Tyler.

@AlexaKry
    Slowly I remember more, he lost his brother (mothers’ fault) ect but will stop with what came instantly. Regarding my brain I had this small blood clot in the brain in 2014 sometimes my mind reacts a bit older than it should. Don’t pity me all in all back at full speed, only small issues left.

Now to you resent update:
    Every solution I can think of is wrong
    That is so cruel when your logic says no and you heart say yes. So many logical reasons blocking what he really want to do. :'(

Pressure from his mother, pressure from his wife, pressure from “normality” pressure..pressure

When I am not there anymore, they will see how that feels
    Such a horrifying and dangerous thought process. Glad we know he will survive <3

NB: Do you know this ref.: “Mother should I build a Wall” not exactly the same situation but….
  • DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member

@AlexaKry WOW! soooo many things poor Haldir is tortured about! First he says he doesn't know how he feels about Travis, but then as he is screaming to himself in the mirror it allll finally comes tumbling out!!!

So Now We Know The Truth : it was Haldir's Mom made him suppress his knowing Travis was his soulmate & that he was gay, so so long ago that only Now he can remember! so she knows exactly how he feels!!! But his Mother is Queen so she must have thought it all was a Necessary Sacrifice for him to rule one day! Her own life wasn't exactly a bed of roses, either!!!!

Poor Travis! His young mind is in a very dangerous place right now! :'(

Haldir!!! Step on the gas!!!! I love that he is following Travis!!!

Dang girl! I have goose bumps all over my scalp and feel like someone has been yelling at me!!! :open_mouth: (it was Haldir yelling at himself!!!)
    @bekkasan : I really hope your car repair is paid now!
    I know how that can tear a big hole into your purse!!!!

You are so right, Haldir has a lot to deal with and all this bombards him right now. It all came to his mind and all little strings/happenings were knotted at this moment. We know already that he would solve everything and that he will be a very good king at some time, but it overwhelmed him like a tsunami.
    He couldn´t do anything else than scream at himself, I think he never had lost his temper untill now and this must have been frightening to him. He normally is very balanced and contained but the thought of losing his little children or his soulmate was too much for him!

Travis thought he lost the only person he could trust, the only person he loved and the only person of whom he thought would love him back.
    He is so confused, his mind is in such a chaos that he couldn´t think clear anymore and that he just wants to get out of all his misery!
    Unfortunately teens tend to do ill-considered actions when they think that everyone has betrayed them or when they are just overwhelmed with a certain situation....

Thanks for complimenting the pictures, Travis had to ride this street a few times! ;)

Haldir will hurry, I can tell you.
    @DivaDoodle : sorry for the goose bumps! >:)

When Travis ran away from him a dam broke in Haldir, I think. He must have held back all the feelings, pain, emotions and problems he felt for years.
    His upbringing was geared towards his futer role of being a king.
    His parents made him care for the little siblings, they made him work extreme hard to be the best student in his class, they´ve made sure that he was the best student at university and all that by himself, without getting help from them, because Freia wanted him to learn to stay calm and stoically in every situation he could face as the king.
    She even forced him to hide his gayness, because she thought that her subjects wouldn´t accept a gay couple as kings. She just forget that the fairy kings and queens accepted a warlock on her side and that her personal luck was already fullfilled...
    I haven´t written so much about Haldir´s past, but it wasn´t a very joyful one.
    His dad gave him more love and was much more there for him, but he wasn´t often at home, because Hendrik and Freia had to visit her kingdom often.
    Haldir loved his siblings, but a teen who just discovered he was eventually gay having to take care of little children and toddlers just can´t have a nice life...

And now he has his divorce, he is missing his children soooo much and he discovered that Travis and he should be a couple.... this went all over his head! He had to scream at his reflection!
    Good that he is such a naturally stable character, it could have broken him...

I promise, Haldir is stepping very hard on the gas, it litterally broke through the floor of the car already!!!
    @Tamijo : hm, I don´t know if the song fits, or if it fits..
    Maybe I have understood the songtext wrong (then please explain it to me!!) but he asks his mum if he should do something and in reaction to his questions she answers that he just should stay under her "wings7protection" and everything will solve from alone or with her help.
    Unfortunately neither Haldir´s mum nor Travis´ mum want their sons near with them.
    Haldir´s mum because she thinks that as a king he must be able to solve problems without any help, Travis´ mum because he is just a chore for her she doesn´t want to care for...
    Again, if I understood the song wrong, then tell me!!!

Yes, Haldir´s brain is shortly before exploding with all the pressure and problems and no logical solution!!!

Travis´ thoughts are just filled with rejections, he thinks that nobody likes him and that he is just superf0luous :'( his logic tells him that the world would be a better place when he wasn´t there anymore....

WOW, you remember so much!!!

maybe this can help (although you got it quite correct!!!)

Queen Freia Helmquist >< Hendrik Helmquist (Prince Consort)
    |
    Haldir---Emelie van Gould (Tristan´s sister) Hallie><Tristan van Gould Hendrik >< Argus Helo (at this time, there will be more kids to come)
    | | |
    Misty Emerson Daniel Travis Andrew
    (later tHaldir and Travis get lots of children)
    seen here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974429/just-my-sims
    This must be reworked at some time in the near future, cause Tyler and Thore are not pictured
    (Tyler is the one with the ballon lady and the new girlfriend and he still suffers from a very bad illness/happening
    I´ll come back to him after I´ve told the background story of Haldir and Travis
    And Ireally have to create a real family tree, I think

You mean the blue house? This is one of the family´s holiday homes, it´s in Aurora Skies, Andrew and Argus Helmquist, Haldir´s brother and brother-in-law, live there with some of their children and the other family members will be able to stay with them for more than just some days and no-one likes to stay in a hotel.
    And yes, it´s the old land, where the fairies once set feet into the world of the Sim universe and this is the world where the thing is. Here is the place of old power and strength and there is a well from which a fairie should drink once in it´s life....

So your brain is in very good function, I can confess!!!

here are Hendrik and Freia´s children up untill now. unfortunately they are in no right order, because I´ve made some mistakes while playing the family in all this years
    BGLup96.jpg
    as said Hendrik and Freia got the following children:
    The white pic is a sister of Haldir he doesn´t "know" yet. He knows her but I´ve moved him so many times that I forgot to move to her so he could "get to know her again"
    (from right to left!!!)
    Jorand / Fern / Hallie / Fleur / Hendrik / Helo / Haldir / Cäcilie / Dianah / Simon / half sister Kristine

in birth order:
    Haldir / Hallie / Hendrik / Helo / Fern + Fleur / half sister Kristine / Simon / Cäcilie / Dianah / Jorand
    All of them already have children / grandchildren / grandgrandchildren / grandgrandgrandchildren of their own!

o:)o:)o:)
    edited May 2021
    @AlexaKry
    No, the song does not fit as a hole. The situation is different it is just the “mother should I build a wall” that came to mind when I read about a mother telling him to hide his true feelings away from the worlds.
    In both situations the mother is dominating. In The Wall she is the overprotective almost strangulating single mother (widow), in your story she is the mighty powerful Queen, setting power over person. Only that in both situation they want to wall up their son.

My memories are not that bad (anymore – one-two years ago it was quite bad), just having issues with names, also in RL where I easily forget names I should know or mix them up.

Oh my god poor Freia, her lower body must be a mess after giving birth that many times :D hope she workout A LOT.
    I can understand why I don’t have a clue when you post those “guess who” pictures, that family must fill up the entire map.

I fund the house that I membered, but now realized it might not be theirs.
    (Brain is quite good at remembering the pictures I really loved, this is one of them. Very beautiful like an oil painting, the colors outstanding – would love to have painted that myself)
    RcqTBUo.jpg

Post edited by Tamijo on
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @AlexaKry

wow, what a lovely night sky in these cycling photos.
    Then nighttime in sims is beautiful.
    @Silverofdreams30 : thank you for your comment!
    You are right, nightime is beautiful.
    Although I have to say that I love all daytimes and seasons in The Sims 3!
    They´ve made such a beautiful game!!!!
    edited May 2021
    @Tamijo : Ah, yes, the phrase "mother should I build a wall" fits perfectly here then! Haldir had to put up a wall to grow up like his mum wanted him to be. But it´s never good for your own sanity to do something just because someone else is expecting that from you.
    It´s was clearly wrong from Queen Freia to expect from her gay son to hide that. How should he live with such a secret? Moreover they are fairies and live extremely long??? I think she wants something unfeasible from her son.
    No wonder he had to build that virtual wall to hide his feelings.
    Now everything changed...

May I ask what happened to your brain and the blood cloth? Did you have to be operated or did it dissolved on it´s own? How did it develop?
    I can say that you remembered everything quite perfectly, so your brain is in much better condition than mine! :D I can´t remember names as well, but that is without having something in my brain... B)

Oh, no, this isn´t the house they were staying in, theirs is big and blue.
    This is a public beach, it´s a premade lot which comes with the world Aurora Skies. The house looks still the same I just placed some all-in-one bathrooms in it.
    The lighting in this world is just wow, the mornings look like this a lot, it´s a bit foggy and "mysterious".

I´ve seen that I´ve messed up the family tree completely, when I´ve written it it looked quite good, but when it was posted the lines and names and everything were displaced. So I´ve tried to make another attempt for a family tree, at least for Freia´s and Henning´s children, I hope that will help you to tell who is who.
    I´ll do such a tree as well with Haldir´s and Travis´ kids when they are married finally.
    Don´t worry about the red lines under some names, it´s just my auto-correction which tells me that this isn´t German....
    6mGWbAl.jpg
    Post edited by AlexaKry on
    A personal note here: my update is a bit delayed, because I didn´t feel well over the weekend and went to see my family doctor because of this on Monday.
    He asked me if I already got my first vaccine shot (we have a system where we get informed by government when our vaccination date is, but although I am a very, very high risk patient (COPD, auto immune disease, too fat) I wouldn´t get my vaccine soon, because in the vaccination centers they are just vaccinating everyone above 65, so I´m a bit too young according to health department....So I guess I had to wait 2 more months to get my shot...)
    Buuut: my doctor gets some doses of vaccination each day and he wanted top see me back on Wednesday to get my first shot!!!!
    I am so happy that I have the first one now!!!!!!
    Only a few weeks and I get the second and then I can finally go out without any fear of getting Covid and die from it!!!!!! This is such a relieve for me!!! Now I don´t have to fear other people´s near anymore whenever I open my door!
    I AM SO HAPPY!!!!
    (of course I got some side effects which knocked me out the last two days :D , but hey, no complaining here if that is the price for a fearless living!!!!)

@AlexaKry first of all congrats with the CV19 vaccine, that is great.
    Also I was allowed to get one although still 14 days left before i get the first shoot.
    Sad to hear about you lungs.

In short: no operation, lost all language "spoke Russian as we call it here", started to talk a bit after a few days, was at 90% after about a week.
    The first year still looking for forgotten words sometimes, and had to write down EVERYTHING important also codes and still lost some "math".
    Now just problem with spelling and writing "typos" - makes a lot more than before - and names. The good thing is that it is still getter better and better.

Nice of you to make a tree with names - that helps.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@AlexaKry I'm sorry you are still having having health problems. I'm happy you got your first dose. Just remember, the vaccine does not make you immune especially with so many variants to the covid 19 that are appearing. It does appear to lower the severity of the illness if you do get it and are high risk. They still don't know all the effects since the vaccines were developed so quickly and without the usual years of safety and testing. I did finally get my first dose as well despite my reluctance to getting it. I'm high risk as well and don't like the idea of getting the virus so finally got the shot to reduce my risk. I'm still working, still wearing mask, still sanitizing everything and still not touching my face until I'm back home and showered. I love you and want you to be safe! Take care of you. :heart:
  • DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member
    @AlexaKry Are you still knocked out by the vaccine? (((hugs))) That happened to us on the 2nd one. Just take your time and we will wait!

It is always such a joy when you feel better and can come back and chat!

I miss you! never mind you were just here for a day, I already used up all that goodness! B) And I am greedy!

I really like the family tree you made! I think I forgot to tell you! sometimes I read but then am too tired to write back and then the next day I think I already wrote back! :#

I hope you are still feeling so happy! :) 😘

@Tamijo : Oh my god, that doesn´t sound very good about that blood clot and what it caused! It sounds so awful losing the ability to speak! I am so happy for you that you are nearly healthy again and I think that your memories and your brain work very good!!! And who can remember names anyway??? Not me, that´s for sure! :D
    And don´t start with maths, I have a slight dyscalculia, so for me calculating is a drama and someone who loses the ability of calculating is a partner in crime! ;):p
    (what you call Russian we call Chinese here :D )
    I am so happy for you that you´ll get your first dose of the vaccine in a few days!!!!! Do you know which one you´ll get? Not AstraZeneca, I hope??? It is so good that you´ll be protected soon!!!!
    Do you have a Lock Down in your country? And do you get easements if you´ve got the vaccine?
    We here have easements for the fully vaccined people, they are not counted as infectious anymore so they can go whereever they want now. That means so much freedom for this people, because we have a Lock Down since October now! A lighter one from October to the first of January, a much heavier one from January untill now, where everything except the supermarkets and hairdressers are closed and you are allowed to have just one visitor at home.... that is sooo exhausting...

Oh and when it comes to names again, I had to edit the post to you where I´ve depicted the family tree for you:
    I called Freia´s husband wrong, so I had to make another picture of the tree with his correct name. So much for remembering names..... :D
    @bekkasan : To be honest: I am so happy that you´ve decided to get the vaccine!
    I know that you were not so sure of getting it and I was full of worries for you that you could get Covid 19 while you were working! I know that the vaccines aren´t a 100% protection, but they help to not get the deathly course of Covid but a much slighter form of it.
    So I am relieved to hear that you´ve decided to get it!
    I am still worried like you if there will be side effects of it we all don´t even know of yet, my deepest and most frightening nightmare is still that the vaccines will make us all to Zombies somehow. (I´ve watched too many films, I know! :D ) And I agree with you that there could be a mutant soon where the vaccines can´t protect us anymore (afraidly looking at India right now!) but at the moment I am just happy that my fears of dying are slowly going away for the case I´ll get it somehow. Now I can leave my home and don´t hurry back to it after I went shopping for food, and now I don´t have to fear to open my door to get a package from the postman and somebody´s passing us at the stairs.
    For me it means that I don´t have to stay away from people anyone. I had one visitor in the last 15 months (my sister visited me for 3 days when I was so ill that I couldn´t care for me alone anymore and when I ran out of food) and I really feel lonely sometimes, so the hope of getting a bit more safety and freedom from the vaccine is such a good thing for me!
    And yes, I still wear a mask, and will do that forever now, I still desinfect my hands and the spots where I´ve touched my car before I´ve desinfected my hands, my purse looks very bad and needs to be replaced soon, because I desinfect it after every use and I, too, don´t touch my face before I get home again...
    Hopefully we just take enough precautions to not get ill in the first place! I don´t want to have to miss you, my beloved friend, so please take care of you as good as you have taken care of you before!!!! <3<3<3
    And yes, my health is still in a questionable state, I hope that at some point we will find out why my body can´t get the needed vitamins from the food and the pills. Normally the nerves in feet and hands die when you have diabetes or such a thing, but I don´t have that, I "just" don´t have the needed vitamins in my body, although I try to eat very healthy and I take my prescibed vitamins.... (maybe I´m already turning into a Zombie??? :D )
    @DivaDoodle : Not knocked out from my dose anymore! And I still feel very happy and relieved of having gotten it! It´s such a good thing that the time of this hard core social distancing will be over in a few weeks after I´ll got the second dose! It´s so good that this awful fearing is over now when people are getting too near to me while shopping. And now I can go to a hospital if I need to go, which is a good feeling, too!

Hehehe, so you are greedy.... hm, let me think about some eloquent and intelligent sentence to say to you so that your need of greed is fullfilled.... hm, yes, this one will do it´s best I think: how´s the weather? o:)

:D I´ve had to edit the family tree, because I´ve used the wrong name for Freia´s husband Henning. I thought I was clear in my head when I wrote it down, but thinking and doing are two pairs of shoes, right? :D
    (and don´t remember me how I did the arrows, I don´t know anymore, I was just happy when I found out :D )

I already had written nearly the whole next part, but yesterday I´ve read it again and I deleted it instantly, it was whisked sh... what I´ve written, so you have to wait a bit more. But I´m already working on it again, so your greed storywise will be dealt with soon!
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @AlexaKry

so glad to see you back, I'm still waiting to get the vaccine here, right now it
    is people 50 and up, so not my age group yet.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top