Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Meet the Helmquists - a Sims 3 story

Comments

• AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    edited March 2020
    @bekkasan : Then you´re one of my heroines! <3
    Do you nurse, too?
    All my best wishes for you that you don´t get infected by the dreadful corona virus!!!! :o I can´t even say how much I hope that you don´t get infected!!!!!!!! <3
    I care/cared for my parents (mum is confined to bed and can´t do much more then moving her arms and dad suffers from Alzheimer) and this isn´t even possible without help from a home nursing service! (since January they live in a nursing home now :'( because it wasn´t possible anymore to let them live at home. Awful thing now is that I can´t visit them anymore because of the corona shutdown! :'( )

Stay strong, please!!! <3
    Post edited by AlexaKry on
    Back at home Seth took care for his little brother who was crying again. He snuggled with him and cheered him up and all of this although he had to care for Adelheid, too.
    jJTrWT2.jpg
    hGBAQLE.jpg
    fyFvhX0.jpg
    eiBYITX.jpg
    QXCcfiw.jpg
    He was angry about his mum that she wasn´t there for his little brother so he set Samuel down and began to search for Stella.

He couldn´t find her.
    At first he tried to find her in her and his dad´s bedroom, in the hope that she got her senses back and behaved accordingly now. But the bed was unused.
    He began to get angry even more. She wouldn´t have to be such stupid to sleep in Thore´s room again????
    Oh, how he prayed that she wouldn´t affront his granddads even more if that was even possible.
    He ran upstairs just to find Thore in front of the workbench, inventing some stupid things, he guessed.
    He opened Thore´s room but all he could see was that the bed was made.
    So he got back to Thore and asked him where his mum was.
    mZmlXek.jpg
    Thore wasn´t glad to be interrupted, he knew what would follow now. He himself searched for Stella a few minutes ago and because he was a half fairy he could sense that she wasn´t there anymore. He was afraid of telling that to his best friend. He took all his courage and answered that she wasn´t there anymore.
    Seth was shocked! He asked Thore again where his mother was and got the same answer again. She was gone, too.

This was too much for this friendly man. All his anger and frustration broke out of him and he began to yell at his best friend.
    He called him the worst names he knew, accused Thore of being the one who teared apart his parents and that he was the reason why they divorced!!
    m04pjBW.jpg
    SZG70jx.jpg
    aHk9DaP.jpg
    daEFLu3.jpg

This was too much for Thore and he began to yell back. He screamed at Seth that he knew that he made a mistake and that it was very bad of him that he couldn´t resist Stella. He screamed at Seth that if he could turn back time to avoid all this bad things in the past weeks that he would! But he wasn´t the only one who made big mistakes. He yelled at Seth that Stella made mistakes, too, and that even Tyler didn´t behave correct in this situation.
    St1IGfs.jpg
    c7DtOzT.jpg
    LKwPqYT.jpg
    hWTAEJF.jpg
    Both friends were so enraged that their friendship nearly broke.
    But it was Thore who tried to repair their broken friendship. He knew he couldn´t live happily in the future if he broke up with his best friend!
    He apologized to Seth that he was such an ar..se..h.o.l..e and that he would change for the better if only Seth wouldn´t be so angry at him anymore.
    And Seth gave in. He felt so lonely inside, he needed his best friend back, too.
    ZZV07ty.jpg
    fOR8whd.jpg
    55F2rMf.jpg
    He was still angry at Thore and they knew that they had to carry out their problems in the future.
    Thore was just happy that he didn´t lose his best friend.
    96mj4tx.jpg

At afternoon they were playing chess together, babysitting Adelheid and Samuel.
    Haldir worked on the computer, he still searched for Tyler and began to write to some other fairy kings and queens in the hope that one of them had sensed a new fairy in their kingdoms. He impatiently waited for answers, checking the special facebook group of the leaders every other minute. Although he disliked the thought that the other kings and queens got to know that somemthing went wrong in his kingdom, and worst of all, in his family. It clearly was a shame but he swallowed his proud in the hope that one of the others knew where his son was.
    3ESmevS.jpg

Samuel began to cry again, asking for his daddy.
    AgTNMwZ.jpg
    zxK5sNC.jpg
    wzH5T8l.jpg
    Before Seth could get up to comfort him Travis took care of his littlest garndchild. It was so heartbraking hearing the little one crying for his dad.
    0MrLn3E.jpg
    yZcW7xM.jpg
    Samuel calmed down fast, he loved his granddad nearly as much as his daddy, so when granna told him with a comforting voice that all would be good again he stopped crying and began to tell Travis what he did today.
    XRldNFd.jpg
    koCxATt.jpg
    e8q8Fgw.jpg
    But Travis wasn´t sure if he just lied to Samuel. Would everything really be fine again?
    Vka2nyo.jpg
    He set Samuel down again so he could play with Adelheid and sat down opposite to Haldir. He watched the growing frustration and uncertainty of his husband. He didn´t know how to deal with this, too. He had never seen Haldir in such a despair!
    hdyKfph.jpg
    Travis was afraid for his family....
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@AlexaKry Thanks! I've been a nurse for 40 years. I'm doing my best to not get infected. :smiley: I'm high risk, so I'm being very very careful. I go do my visits and back home. Use my sanitizer, barriers and wash frequently. I've got Lysol in the car as well to spray down anything I think needs to be sprayed. :lol:
    I'm sorry your parents are not able to be at home now. It must have been difficult for you caring for both even with the agency helping. It is sad that you can't visit them right now, but better to be safe and not bring anything in.
    I saw a gentleman today who has been married to his wife for 69 years and she is in a facility because of alzheimers. He is very upset he can't visit her. He said he had not missed a day visiting her, other than when he was in hospital since they had to put her in the facility. He can't call her because of the alzheimers she wouldn't know it was him. So many sad stories. This virus is affecting us in ways we never dreamed of. :cry:

Great update! I'm glad Seth is helping out with Samuel. I can't imagine a mother not telling her son goodbye and just leaving like she did. She could have left a letter!
    What an intense conversation between Seth and Thore, but glad they got it out and hopefully they will be able to mend their relationship. Sounds like they both want to mend things.
    Love the pictures of Travis and Samuel. Very sweet.
    He looks very worried as he sits down to talk with Haldir.
    @bekkasan : sad times indeed! My dad is constamtly asking me why I don´t visit them. It´s breaking my heart, because he doesn´t understand. And my mum is sad, too, her birthday will be next week and nobody can come to visit her....
    I´m having a lung desease (no, I´ve never smoked ;) ) so I´m constantly desinfecting my hands and my car, too. :D

Thore and Seth are the best friends and Seth has the friendly trait so he forgives a lot. And although Thore behaved bad, he didn´t behave bad against Seth so they will still be friends!
    Travis has every reason to be worried! He knows his husband for such a long time now, he knows that Haldir is very self-confident normally, seeing him in such a despair could even the most optimistic person cause to have worries! :o
    9kjBIXx.jpg
    Alone at the ice cold deep dark sea Tyler was desperate.
    He knew he failed in life. He knew that he did so many wrong things in the last months.
    He lost his wife, his sons, his family and his life.
    It hurt.
    He tried to remember where in the past his life began to go wrong. He couldn´t remember. Every time he tried he just saw blurred colors. He tried so hard to get a hint why he began to feel uncomfortably in Stella´s presence. He couldn´t.
    Alone at the sea he began to freeze. Not because the weather was so cold (it was freezing, winter was very near) but his soul was cold. It was frozen, dull. He was emotionless.
    Why should he go on? What would be there for him in the future? Pain, frustration, the feeeling of being a loser?!?!
    He couldn´t live with this. He was brought up in the thought of being always successful as long as he worked hard. But his parents never taught him how he could deal with failure. He was a fail, this he knew for sure.
    So why not end here? He took care that his little Samuel was well cared for by Stella, and he took care for his best friend T-Rey. He knew that it was well cared for him if he wasn´t there anymore. He organized everything as perfect as he had learned it.

It was just a step. And he wouldn´t feel anything anymore. The water was so cold, nearly as cold as his soul, that as soon as he would be in it he would get numb. He wouldn´t fight anymore, no need to, anymore. The world would be better without him!
    He took a deep breath.

Meanwhile at home Travis had thought about the bad family situation and he came to the conclusion that Seth and Samuel needed their big brother Taius. So he went over to his house and asked him if Taius and his future husband could help him to cheer Taius´ brothers up a bit. Travis knew that it was much what he asked for, because Tauis just had his failed engagement party where Stella and Tyler parted and asking him now to help him to comfort Seth and Samuel could be a bit too much for the soon-to-be-married couple.
    But Taius himself had the idea to move in again. He felt a bit lost himself, knowing that both his parents weren´t there anymore that he was happy that his granddad had the same idea.
    Travis told him everything about the last weeks, what happened between Tyler, Stella and Thore and asked Taius not to be too angry about Thore.
    akGWQEf.jpg
    IQFvEJK.jpg
    dOaYMu3.jpg
    qOsuuaR.jpg
    Taius was fine with the situation and so he and Giacomo moved in again.
    kZMT9ab.jpg
    D3RijcX.jpg
    4FGpzvr.jpg

@AlexaKry Wow! So much sadness in him. So much despair. Shame he thinks he has to be perfect or dead. Life is not about quitting, but learning and growing from your mistakes and living to make more of them. I hope there is a spark of warmth still inside of him wanting to fight. I hope he finds it and gets some help. Awesome writing!
    edited March 2020
    @bekkasan : Thank you so much for your compliment! <3
    Yes, he is desperate. And if he should survive and get in contact again with his parents they should learn from his despair, too.
    In my opinion their pressure to always perform the best is not good for a kid! Although I love Travis and Haldir I think that this pressure is/was too much for a sensitive child like Tyler. He has two other brothers who don´t have much contact to their parents because of this pressure and their nearly breaking from it. Haldir and Travis love their children as much as parents can but they both are too achievement-oriented. They´ve never taught their children how to deal with failure, because in their mind it is obvious how to deal with it. Stand up again and perform better!
    Hopefully they get the chance to learn from their mistakes, too, and Tyler doesn´t jump.

And you´re right, life is about learning and trying to just go on! But if somebody is in such a despair like Tyler is, well, than they possibly can´t see the little light of hope...
    Suddenly Tyler took a deep breath.
    No, not today, he thought.
    He just remembered the injured look at T-Reys face.
    No, he couldn´t leave him alone! Not for one day! T-Rey was the first one who loved him unconditionally and he wouldn´t hurt his best friend! He couldn´t leave his beloved dog on his own as planned the next few days! How could he even planned that!
    Again he took a deep breath.
    kfOq5E6.jpg
    For his friend!
    He turned his boat around and rowed back to the shore, back to his little puppy!
    ron18Pg.jpg
    eTlDzms.jpg

He hurried back to the poor hut, feeling even more guilty than ever that he ever thought of leaving T-Rey behind!
    TDMmArh.jpg
    He was greeted by a relieved and happy dog!
    Tyler cuddled with T-Rey, feeling his unconditional love and for the first time in months he felt that he had done something right!
    Zbold6G.jpg
    xUII3fN.jpg
    The last thing before falling into a restless sleep, with nightmares and feelings of guilt, was making a call.
    5IZdZAC.jpg

@AlexaKry Phew! Thank goodness for puppy dogs! I'm so glad he thought of how it would be for T-Rey.
    Awesome reunion!
    Is he calling his Dad's?
    @AlexaKry LOL...look forward to it!
    Time passed by.
    It was very cold in this part of the world but it still hadn´t snowed yet.
    Tyler didn´t heal, but at least he didn´t want to end everything. For T-Rey.
    But T-Rey was still worried a lot, because his master wasn´t the same anymore when he came back from the sea. Every time he looked at him he saw a dark cloud around his master. And he was even more silent than before. All he did was sleeping and sitting in front of the computer, pretending to write his book.
    ZnqwsEw.jpg
    363s7Wt.jpg
    eS6N5w7.jpg

But T-Rey knew more. He knew that his master was far away. If only he could fight the reason!
    He tried to comfort Tyler whenever he could, asking for belly rubs and snuggles all the time, not knowing how to reach his friend.
    PeqVkap.jpg
    7U9xwkf.jpg
    zh9d9du.jpg
    yG6Q3p9.jpg

Tyler left the little hut only a few times. He went fishing to the nearby shore to have something to eat, always observed by a nervous T-Rey who was afraid of his master being so near to the sea.
    22kk5XD.jpg

One day he went to the bar of the local museum.
    bChONrz.jpg
    4502FWH.jpg
    I2DifCy.jpg
    He sat down at the bar, ordered a drink and asked the bartender if he was the only guest. He was.
    OdLopZF.jpg
    pGrT3x1.jpg
    VsP7Tx9.jpg
    27ZpOt6.jpg
    dZ7UISe.jpg
    He checked his e-mails once more and it seemed as if he was awaiting something. But after some time he left the little bar and went back to the waiting T-Rey who was afraid of losing Tyler and happy to see him again.
    VBa2IGk.jpg
    7QIByLD.jpg

On that evening Tyler ate some of the fish he caught. The hut didn´t have a stove, so he had to grill the fish across the firepit. It wasn´t tasteful at all, but he didn´t taste anything anyhow. He didn´t care for food or it´s taste, this was his first meal within days. He was numb inside.
    A6lw3L2.jpg
    G1JqHk5.jpg
    MgVhh2t.jpg
    And then the snow came. In a short time they were snowed in.
    QRGcXI4.jpg
    Tyler checked the internet, searching for another place to go, knowing very well that this little hut wasn´t the best place to live with T-Rey in winter. And he was afraid that one of his family members could find him. This he wanted to prevent, he didn´t want to see his family again. Never. He was just a loser, not worth enough to be called a Helmquist anymore.
    tSyAl66.jpg
    igdYtvr.jpg
    4XKC3oy.jpg
    stprikO.jpg
    He saw that his friend struggled to run for his ball in the deep snow so he fed him some treats to comfort him and both went in.
    g0pRLTL.jpg
    In the next days Tyler painted a lot while T-Rey was sleeping a lot. It was much too cold to go outside. But it was good for the fish, it didn´t spoil so T-Rey had enough to eat. Tyler just ate some of the fruit he harvested earlier, if he ate anything at all.
    B8fyJsH.jpg
    OeVHSVj.jpg

On one morning, Tyler didn´t even change clothes anymore, not worth the time he thought, he got a call.
    SyLEHVH.jpg
    JlKoM2Q.jpg
    NBW5XzC.jpg

It was the phone call he long awaited!
    He quickly changed into his warm clothes and headed for the little bar again.
    dWHPiuJ.jpg
    tNjsuQ7.jpg

@AlexaKry I love Tyler's new look with the light beard on his face. <3 Everything looks so desolate in the pictures, in keeping with his mood.
    I don't know who called but you are keeping your readers in suspense! :lol:
    @bekkasan : Thanks so much for commenting! <3
    You shouldn´t love his new look! ;) I just tried to show how scruffy he got comparing him to his normal look! :p (But you are right, I like the light beard on him a lot, too! Maybe he´ll keep it if he ever gets through his pain.... which I still can´t promise >:) )
    :D You will know who called soon. I´ll solve this mystery in the next chapter, which I´ll write tomorrow hopefully. Pictures are already uploaded! And I can promise that Tyler still has his beard in the next chapter. I just couldn´t put body hair on him to my reader´s pleasure, he doesn´t look good with it! :D
  • ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member

@AlexaKry I must admit I like the light beard on Tyler as well.
    He´s a good looking sim. And he is obviously a Helmquist :)
    Beautiful winter pictures!
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
    @ZhakiraP : Tyler is definitely a Helmquist, in looks and in behavior! He really looks quite good with his beard, he is rebellious, so it fits, too.
    Thank you for the compliment for him!!!
    Your Sims look very good, too!
    It´s the world which makes the pictures and this world is really beautiful. I just pressed c. :D
    Arriving at the bar Tyler discovered a second Sim at the bar.
    OXISf1q.jpg
    He sat down at the counter, too, and ordered a drink, watched by the stranger.
    j6IoItZ.jpg
    RO4oeQw.jpg
    iimM2jE.jpg
    With a nearly unnoticeable blink the stranger stood up and went upstairs, followed shortly after by Tyler.
    Only here they greeted each other.
    Y0T1vIp.jpg
    Finally Tyler met his old friend Alfarin Steinsson whom he had called in the previous days.
    Alfarin was the one who should have cared for T-Rey when Tyler decided to jump.
    But it were Alfarin´s words which made him turn his boat back to the shore.
    His old friend begged him numerous times on the phone not to do anything stupid! He promised to Tyler that they would solve his problems together if only Tyler decided for life!
    Alfarin already was on the way to Tyler when he decided to give life a second chance but he came from very far away and had to change transportation a few times in order to blur his tracks so he reached Tyler a few days after the boat incident.
    Now Tyler explained what happened to him in his last year and Alfarin listened attentively.
    Z3VPina.jpg
    mHvudUO.jpg
    5uheW72.jpg
    Tyler told him what had happened to him and his wife Stella, that they got divorced because he couldn´t stand her closeness and intimacy and that she thanked him for his distance with cheating on him with his brother Thore. Alfarin just listened, letting Tyler talk everything from his chest. He was very concerned for his friend, he never had seen Tyler in such a despair and in such a desperate state.
    They knew each other for decades now and never had he seen that Tyler was so frantic, hopeless and desperate! He just remembered Tyler as a laid back, relaxed and calm guy.
    He could still remember when he met Tyler the first time. The powerful fairy clans had a big gathering, as always every 33 years. Their fathers had a heated discussion over borders and who should be claimed as the king of the kings of the fairies and Tyler, who was sitting behind his fathers, just lounged in his chair and watched the argument between the kings and queens as if he watched a TV show. It seemed as if he was highly amused.
    They exchanged some grins and when the adults made a break from fighting they both sneaked out of the big tent and searched for some food together. From this time on they kept in touch with each other, met each other on neutral ground and spent time together, they became very good friends over the years.
    Tyler even helped him with his coming out, because his father was a very, very old fairy who had some problems with having a homosexual son. It gave Alfarin so much confidence that Tyler still remained his friend when he told him that he had a slight crush on him. He just told him that he didn´t like men but women but that he liked to have him as a friend, still. And he was the one who had an open ear and good advice when he needed to talk about the things his father did and say to him when he said that he loved men.
    Of course he worried about his friend when he didn´t phone him anymore and when he just shortly told him that he was fine and hung up. Alfarin was in big worries since more than a year now, not knowing why his friend was so dissmissive!
    When Tyler suddenly phoned him a few days ago and told him that he should take care of T-Rey Alfarin knew that Tyler had a very bad time and that he needed a friend, so he hurried up to reach him fast.
    Before he came to Tyler he even asked his dad if Tyler was allowed to stay in his kingdom.
    King Stein didn´t have to think long for giving Tyler the permission to stay in his kingdom if he wanted to. He was still angry about his father Haldir who became the king of kings at a gathering years ago when the old king withdraw and if one of his children was seeking protection against his father, well, who was the only one who could protect this child? Of course just him! And he secretly thought it could have been a great benefit to have a child of his opponent in his kingdom because perhaps Haldir was willing to withdraw in exchange?
    But he still asked for some protection money from Tyler, of courese it was a high risk to promise him protection against his father. (Alfarin´s father was a very unforgiving man!)
    So Alfarin asked if Tyler had the thing his father asked for.
    aVlVYsO.jpg
    5FsUHDZ.jpg
    Tyler affirmed and gave him a box which Alfarin brought to the nearest counter to observe.
    i1kUlNp.jpg
    Tyler waited anxiuosly for his friends´ return and his answer if he was allowed to stay in Stein´s kingdom. If he were the relaxed and confident man as he used to be he never would have paid to be allowed to stay in a foreign kingdom. But he was completely out of order and didn´t want his family to find him, because he was such a shame for them! So he just accepted the payment,not even asking what the motive behind Stein´s permission was. (If he could have think clearly he never would have asked Stein for permission, either he just entered his kingdom and stayed there openly or he wouldn´t have gone there in the first place, but he couldn´t think anymore. He just wanted to rest somewhere!)
    DElwr6u.jpg
    Tyler asked his friend anxiously if he could stay and Alfarin answered yes and excused himself again that he was forced to ask Tyler for the pink diamond.
    VXeSOxT.jpg
    YgmXmdi.jpg
    Q4pJfnI.jpg
    Together they left the bar, Tyler being happy that he could get out of the little hut which clearly wasn´t good for T-Rey, Alfarin with a heavy heart because he could see Tyler´s bad state.
    o3K1051.jpg
    They went back to T-Rey where Alfarin said hello to the happy dog while Tyler made some phone calls to arrange the trip.
    MfEGJcn.jpg

@AlexaKry Thank goodness for old and dear friends. :) I'm happy to meet the sim that helped Tyler not take that jump.
    He's a cute one! Sounds like the Dad's are not very friendly though!
    @bekkasan : Thank you for commenting! <3
    Yes, Alfarin was very convincing! Good for Tyler and us! :) They haven´t met a lot during Tyler´s marriage with Stella, because Stella and Alfarin didn´t like each other much, but Tyler always phoned with Alfarin and a few times in a year they´ve met for some days to spend some time together. I´ve just couldn´t mention Alfarin because Tyler´s story here started in the middle of his marriage and it was more important to introduce and tell about his family.
    Haldir and Stein used to be friends centuries ago, when they both were heirs of the thrones, but when Stein became king of his kingdom he became a bit whimsical, always thinking that Haldir wanted to influence him and the way he reigned. At some point Haldir was fed up by his suspicions and ended their lose friendship. Their former friendship got even hateful when Haldir was chosen to be the head of the fairy royalties, because Stein thought that Haldir took away this position from him. In his mind he was the best one to cover the position. (But the other fairy kings and queens noticed Stein´s change in behavior, too, and all thought that Haldir was the best king for this position, because he was/is modern, open-minded, not obsessed with power and he was friends with all of them)
    I can promise that you´ll see a bit more of Alfarin in the next few chapters! B)
    After travelling for 2 days Tyler, Alfarin and T-Rey arrived at Tyler´s new hide-out.
    They passed the borders of Stein´s kingdom without any problems, took one of Alfarin´s boats and reached the small island, where Tyler wanted to live in peace and far away from his family, in the afternoon. It was still warm from the late fall sun but Alfarin explained that Tyler had to prepare for a very hard and cold winter with lots of winter storms.
    1jkYoDV.jpg
    ObAGKUK.jpg
    Alfarin explained to Tyler that he had to be frugal with the supply of food they´ve brought to the island and that he should better get some more food at the mainland in the next days otherwise he had to depend only on royal jelly which would provide everything he needed but which would be boring to drink afer a while.
    ddeIrDu.jpg
    Alfarin told Tyler to always watch for the solar panels at the roof of the fairy house, because there was just a small oven in the house which hardly warmed it. But that it was essential for him to have a warm house otherwise there wouldn´t be running water, because the pipes could freeze.
    While T-Rey was a good boy and presented Tyler what he had found, Alfarin checked his mails to see if his father got the pink diamond and if he still approved of Tyler to stay in the house. The island where the house was located was one of Alfarin´s family´s summer residence, he spent a few summers there when he was a kid. The house where Tyler now could hide was a little hunting lodge. Alfarin just stayed there once.
    iqGJtpy.jpg
    AfL5iUR.jpg
    DbRxA8U.jpg
    After every instruction was explained and Alfarin got the promise by Tyler that he wouldn´t do anything stupid and that he phoned him at least once a week he hugged his friend, said goodby and left Tyler and T-Rey with a heavy heart. He hoped that Tyler felt bound to his promise and that he was still there in spring.
    LtRjzJx.jpg
    WhBuvwG.jpg
    Tyler felt bad seeing his friend leaving, but he was relived as well. Now he really was alone, not bonded with his family anymore. He wasn´t the ignominy of the family anymore because he vanished from them.
    tIF9D3c.jpg
    And with a heavy breath he hugged T-Rey and explained him that from now on they lived here at this beautiful little island.
    EXE3kLI.jpg

(The island Tyler now lives on is Hylewood; a world by Nilxis but edited to make it a bit bigger by Fluse!)

@AlexaKry I like his new 'hideout'. I hope he eventually realizes that the only person it is important to please is yourself. You must love yourself to be healthy. He does not love himself yet. :cry: I hope he learns to do that. Most of the time I like me, sometimes I love me, sometimes I get pretty mad at me though. I think that is kinda normal for most of us. His Dad did a disservice pushing the sons to excel instead of letting them find what they wanted in life and loving them for what they were. :neutral:
    Love the picture of him and T-Ray!
    The treehouse looks incredible and the world looks great.
    I'm gonna be looking for a forested type world, small or medium for a future chapter. Do you know any? I was thinking about Hidden Springs if I can't find something, but it is more inhabited than I want. I suppose I could annihilate the peeps of the world but that just seems too mean to me. LOL
    @bekkasan : thanks for the comment! Greatly appreciated!
    Yes, you should love yourself to some extend, but Tyler can´t. :(
    I don´t know why and when Haldir´s and Travis´ parenting went so heavily wrong with Tyler!
    He was a normal kid and a very normal teenager :p
    He always was a bit more introspective as most of his other siblings (except Thor, he was the same than Tyler, he has the same problems with their growing up and thinking of not meeting the high standard, although Thor was a very successful doctor (lvl 10), but he has the same self-doubt as Tyler) (pictures of the siblings are in work! So everyone understands of whom I´m talking :D )
    But there must have happen something else that Tyler lost all his confidence in the last months! :p

If you are searching for foresty worlds:
    there is a very, very nice one out there called Great Bear by Jhonnywr (here some screenshots : http://sims3.thesimscatalog.com/sims3/worlds/large/great-bear/
    and here the download link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5182185)
    but it´s a big world with lots of buildings which come with Pets. So you must rebuild nearly half of the rabbitholes, because you don´t have pets installed. My family stayed in Great Bear a few times during my story, but I don´t have posted so many pictures of the forest part of the world, more of the house they live in. It runs like a charm, comes without population (which is a big plus, I think, because you can decide how many Sims you want to put in it and will then slow down the world :D ) and there are a few mountain lodges and many unbuild lots deep in the mountainly forest.
    Another world I can recommend for being forrestly is actually Hylewood by Nilxis ( http://nilxisdesigns.blogspot.com/2014/11/hylewood.html ) or the bigger (but still very tiny!!!) Hylewood by Fluse ( http://modthesims.info/d/625912/hylewood-edit-small-world.html ) which I use atm. It is empty, you have to place the lots you want yourself.
    The world is beautiful!
    t0Hsv4e.jpg
    GpAf4H8.jpg
    3Yi2LYH.jpg
    kmxf3cQ.jpg
    7OMIYeT.jpg
    0Jdiib1.jpg
    kU1xAt7.jpg
    Wu9vsQB.jpg
    8u1Tqjw.jpg
    v33IY5M.jpg
    phnYZlv.jpg
    6kmJum4.jpg
    DCM3HV9.jpg
    qnMik3B.jpg
    yEzvrUj.jpg
    PrfGXmR.jpg
    m8dE0QD.jpg
    hinRtQx.jpg
    It´s currently under construction by me. :D
    Houses can be found at Mod The Sims :
    http://modthesims.info/d/620191/treetops-the-budding-branch.html
    http://modthesims.info/d/620101/treetops-the-blossoming-crown.html
    http://modthesims.info/browse.php?gs=0&u=918962
    all redone by me, because I didn´t download all recommended CC

Then there is a world my story began with on page one: Willapa Valley by 99simsonthewall : https://mspoodleccfinds.tumblr.com/post/163182802538/99simsonthewall2-willapa-valley-final-release
    I´ve mainly posted pictures from the beach/seaside, but there is a big part of the world which comes with forest and lodges. The world is fully build but has no population (as said this is a big plus for me), buuuut: it´s big, very big. It runs without any lag at my computer, but I don´t have many Sims living there (around 40 or so). Another minus point is that it has many lots that need Pets installed, so half of the rabbitholes won´t show up, so you have to put in a lot of work to replace them. (For a long time I hadn´t installed Pets, either, I still installed worlds which had Pets buildings in, so I can assure you that the world itself runs very good, you just don´t have all rabbitholes in it.)

Unfortunately there aren´t so many forest worlds out there, most of the world builders build worlds with more beachy vibes.

There is also this world: http://sims3.thesimscatalog.com/sims3/worlds/medium/entworld/
    Entworld by Suum Sim
    It comes with a forest/fairy part and is dedicated to all Supernaturals.
    Its a wonderful and fantastic world, but it is veeeeery big, has a lot of routing issues and comes with lots of CC. But if you just want to make some screenshots for your supernaturals then this world has the right vibe.
    @bekkasan : forgot to mention Cape Garner Islands by Johnnywr! pictures: http://sims3.thesimscatalog.com/sims3/worlds/medium/cape-garner/
    download link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7882692
    It has a reasonable size, is unpopulated and has a lot of cabins and lodges in the middle of the forest.
    But again: a lot of the rabithole buildings are from the Pets Ep, so even here you have to rebuild the island at first. But it has no routing issues (just the diving lots are unusable, at least for me they are). I like to play in it, there are pictures of it at the beginning (p 2 or 3?) of this story, because the biggest son of Tyler and Stella lives here with his husband and their children and they visited him. :D

@AlexaKry Thanks so much for the world help. I will look at them this afternoon after work. I think I have Great Bear in my someday use folder. The pictures you shared of your current world are awesome. I like the idea of placing a few lots myself since I have ideas in my head of what will be happening in the world. I wanted a forest world so there would be lots of different forest pics as he travels. I don't need the rabbit holes as it is going to be a world for a short duration and no population would be a plus too. I might have to plunk a city hall down to use Nraas mods, but I do have a rug for that so it could be hidden in a barn. :lol: Adam will have a new quest. Shhh, don't tell anyone. :grin: The quest will be divulged in a couple of chapters before I send them back to Dragon Valley. I've actually never tried to install a world that uses Pets or Season stuff so it will be interesting to find out what happens. :confounded: I do believe my only player made world right now is PixieGardens which is the Fairy Realm world.

@bekkasan : aren´t this rabbithole rugs a saviour for our towns??
    I could place so much more rabbitholes on 1 lot so I had more resitential lots in lots of my worlds!
    I always re-arrange the worlds I move my dear Sims to, it´s a constantly work in progress. Unfortunately I have so many worlds connected now, that I don´t know when I can take the time to build them all to my liking. :D
    I´ve got a bit overboard with connecting the worlds with NRaas´ Traveler. o:)
    I won´t tell anybody about Adam´s future quest! NOW ONE! HAVE YOU LISTENED MY OTHER READERS??? THERE IS MORE ADVENTURE TO COME FOR ADAM AND HIS FAMILY!!! :p
    If you need the world just for the quest I would recommend Hylewood, you can take a lot of good forrestly shots there and you just need to place what you need.
    Great Bear or Cape Garner Islands are very good for playing longer saves (because they are planned as a town with all essential buildings, even if they are missing some in your game, because of the Pets EP is missing, they are worth it to invest the time to re-arrange them.
    But the forests differ a bit in the two world, Great Bear (or Cape Garner Islands, it´s the same theme) has a more darker forest but goes a full regular season´s cycle while Hylewood seems as if there is fall all year.
    Can´t wait to read about Adam´s quest! HAVE YOU HEARD? I CAN`T WAIT FOR ADAM`S QUEST! :p

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top