Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sim Realty website has transitioned to Blogger.

I don't know if anyone else has heard, but the site owner at mysimrealty.com has transitioned her whole site to https://my-sim-realty.blogspot.com/.

Just posting it here for reference.
GYZ6Ak9.png
Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~

Comments

• AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    Thanks for the info!

I’ve been in the market for a new world so this is perfect timing. Lol
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Thank you for sharing that. I would be very distraught if I had looked for the site and couldn't find it.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    edited November 2018
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    Thank you for sharing that. I would be very distraught if I had looked for the site and couldn't find it.
    Yep, it gave me a heart attack when I saw this:
    mysimrealtydotcomNOmore.jpg
    Heart sank for a long minute then I decided that I'd better do some sleuthing and bingo...found that it was moved.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    The download links are all broken on the site so far.That should be reported and fixed ASAP.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    TadOlson wrote: »
    The download links are all broken on the site so far.That should be reported and fixed ASAP.

It's a problem on your end I just tried all those links and they work just fine.
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
    I'll see if sending feedback to Firefox might fix the issue and send feedback to the site to explain the problem as I'm on an older computer and unable to use the latest Firefox like many others in my position.I'm on FIrefox v39 and every attempt to upgrade further on my computer has left my browser glitching out horribly.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2018
    Actually wait a minute here. The two of you go have a nice relaxing cup of herb tea or something. :p

I just poked around on the new site and many (not all) of the download links are still pointing back to the original domain instead of blogspot, but there is nothing on the old site to download any longer. So of course they won't work. @ScottDemon - if you aren't seeing that at all, then it's possible the blogspot site is relying on caches heavily just like NRaas now does and the updates aren't catching up to all of us at exactly the same time.

It's not a Firefox issue. And it's not an "ASAP" issue either, that's not a very nice way to describe some links that haven't been updated yet when a site has just moved, especially considering how insanely kind the host has been to us simmers over the years. Howzabout if instead someone gently notifies them as to which exact links currently appear to be broken?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    igazor wrote: »
    Actually wait a minute here. The two of you go have a nice relaxing cup of herb tea or something. :p

I just poked around on the new site and many (not all) of the download links are still pointing back to the original domain instead of blogspot, but there is nothing on the old site to download any longer. So of course they won't work. @ScottDemon - if you aren't seeing that at all, then it's possible the blogspot site is relying on caches heavily just like NRaas now does and the updates aren't catching up to all of us at exactly the same time.

It's not a Firefox issue. And it's not an "ASAP" issue either, that's actually not a very nice way to describe some links that haven't been updated yet when a site has just moved, especially considering how insanely kind the host has been to us simmers over the years. Howzabout if instead someone gently notifies them as to which exact links currently appear to be broken?
    No I noticed that some of the links were pointing to the download server for the old site and downloaded a few things from it. They still work but may take a little bit to initialize the download.
    edited November 2018
    ScottDemon wrote: »
    No I noticed that some of the links were pointing to the download server for the old site and downloaded a few things from it. They still work but may take a little bit to initialize the download.
    On the links that point back to the old domain, I get "Error. Page cannot be displayed. Please contact your service provider for more details." (and some number in parentheses) on two totally different kinds of browsers. If there is meant to be a redirect there, it is not yet happening reliably.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    edited November 2018
    Okay, I stand corrected.

@TadOlson - on the links that still say "h ttp://www.mysimrealty.com/.../some_file_name.zip (or something like that, instead of blogspot and without the stray space I just inserted), try right-clicking and Save Target As or Save Link As instead of regular clicking on them. I just got this to work too in Firefox.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited November 2018
    Yes, none of the links I tried are working, and they do all point to the old site. She does have a family so I'd say fixing them "ASAP" is rather low on her list of priorities.
    She's usually diligent and she'll get around to it eventually. I messaged her to let her know anyway, just in case she didn't realise.

Edit - That is odd @igazor, I tried right clicking one and it didn't work for me. I'll try again on a different upload. I did however, try downloading her worlds through Wayback Machine on the old site, and they worked- aside from the one I tried right clicking. Which is probably why it didn't work. Duh.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    edited November 2018
    Pary wrote: »
    Yes, none of the links I tried are working, and they do all point to the old site. She does have a family so I'd say fixing them "ASAP" is rather low on her list of priorities.
    She's usually diligent and she'll get around to it eventually. I messaged her to let her know anyway, just in case she didn't realise.

Edit - That is odd @igazor, I tried right clicking one and it didn't work for me. I'll try again on a different upload. I did however, try downloading her worlds through Wayback Machine on the old site, and they worked- aside from the one I tried right clicking. Which is probably why it didn't work. Duh.

If it was Meadow Glen 4.0 that you couldn't get to download or any of the others. That one is pointing to a computer hard drive but if you use the wayback machine right click on the download to open in new tab once it opens remove all but h ttp://mysimrealty.com/0_ZipFilesNew/some world.zip

• KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I love that site and I'm glad its still around. I get many of my community lots from there.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    I've been able to get a few things to download though wayback machine as I have an extension for it on Firefox v39.The download links really do need to be fixed as some might have issues using other browsers.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    SimRealtor has fixed the issues.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    I tested and am getting a download on my browser now.It's Storybrook County lite downloading as that's what I chose for the test.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    igazor wrote: »

It's not a Firefox issue. And it's not an "ASAP" issue either, that's not a very nice way to describe some links that haven't been updated yet when a site has just moved, especially considering how insanely kind the host has been to us simmers over the years. Howzabout if instead someone gently notifies them as to which exact links currently appear to be broken?

I actually still have the old link to the Worlds category and it still works.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything