Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Famous Impressions after all the info?

Comments

• sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Other
    I'm somewhere between very satisfied and Its Alright. Right now the only thing that I don't like is the size of the world. If the world had a few more lots I'd be quite happy. I am getting the pack at some point but really really wish the world was bigger.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I'm satisfied. I think it's great and I'm buying it.
    I am so excited for this pack!! I always love the famous addition to the sims. Plus My fave sim is an actor in real life so, I can finally play him the way he deserves! <3:*
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    It's alright. I'm getting it anyway.
    The pack looks good but I couldn't say "I'm satisfied." I hope when I get GET FAMOUS, my thoughts on the pack will improve. Certainly the potential is there, as the pack does appear to be well-done. In my own experience with TS4, better to expect a little less and leave room for a pleasant surprise.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I am so excited for this pack!! I always love the famous addition to the sims. Plus My fave sim is an actor in real life so, I can finally play him the way he deserves! <3:*

Agreed. It took me all of these years to realize how often I include famous sims in my gameplay. Sometimes I hear people say how Showtime was the worst pack in TS3, and I just think, how? Lol. I always ended up playing multiple singers and loved the animations of the huge, adoring crowd. My hope is that they'll devote another pack to singers & bands to expand it more.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited November 2018
    Not satisfied. But I like some things in it (world,clothes, other)
    I feel somewhat disappointed by the world, the single interactive career, and that it feels more like an awesome Game Pack, or an underwhelming Expansion Pack. I am hoping for a Black Friday sale, so I can buy it as an awesome Game Pack.

I am not interested in the main game play as much as I am in the assorted variety of features that I will apply to my sims.
    I will soon have a large amount of teens in my game, so they will probably be all about SimTube and Idols/Fan Clubs.
    If I play any celebrities, it will probably be just for creating Superstars for my main sims to idolize.

There also seems to be some built in Drama in this pack that I will happily explore.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Fame wouldn't have been my first choice, although I'm sure there are many players it appeals to. It's still on my Christmas list.
  • SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    I alread, got it as a birthday present and I am really pleased about the build and buy stuff we get. Can't wait to have my infamous politician and his criminal boss best friend party at the shark pond, throw some money in it and have an evil laugh 🤣 also the fame system seems nice. Still a little disappointed of the new map, but I have some ideas to make it fitting for me, building a movie theatre and things like that.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    At first, I didn't have much hope, but it actually looks like a pretty good pack! I already have the sims I'll be using to explore the pack (born in-game)! I will have 1 actor, a influencer, and 1 music producer. They are all siblings.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I'm still upset at how much they neglected every single life stage that isn't an adult in this pack. We could have had teen, child, and toddler actors/actresses. It's not like they are rarities so I really for the life of me can't understand why they chose not to do them. And the fact that they couldn't make up for their lack of gameplay by giving those age groups some decent CAS is even more annoying. They went out of their way to make 4 versions of a hat and headphones set, but couldn't be bothered to give toddlers even 1 new hairstyle even though they desperately need it. The drama club is just another rabbit hole that doesn't even seem to offer kids any new animations when practicing their "acting".

Del Smol Valley is also pretty disappointing considering the location it's based off of.

All of that said, the acting career looks really fun, build and buy looks beautiful, and the fame feature as a whole is really nice. It's great that they allowed for multiple ways to become famous and incorporated a lot of the already existing careers.

I'll probably get the pack eventually, but it'll always feel like a huge missed opportunity.
  • LudditeBorgLudditeBorg Posts: 45 Member
    I usually like the new worlds the best. The first time I was disappointed in the potential of this new pack was when I saw the map of the new world and how the waterside lots were not buildable and there weren't a large number of lots. However, I watched the livestream of the acting career and that looks like lots of fun. I love Wild West themes, as well as some of the new Victorian type costumes.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Other
    I bought C&D when it was released because I wanted a new world; the animals were a mere bonus.

I've the opposite view of this pack - I'm not interested in a new world or being a worldwide celebrity (as in film star) but maybe the reputation system may be fun. Maybe there's new CAS items I like, etc.

But I'm in no rush to purchase (that's a big if) because I need to know of any side-effects this pack has with the main game (eg. CL overspawned Asian townies).
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Mine would be mostly satisfied with it--I wish the world were bigger and it's not an expansion I was expecting, but after today's livestream I think there's a lot of potential with gameplay, objects, career etc. I think it'll be like Get Together where there's not necessarily as much in plain view but the new systems will tie in nicely with existing features.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Other
    I rather pay the true value for it than what they are asking as I see it worth around $19.99 and I will wait for that sale as they will be new games coming out as I wait.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • ahoychristieahoychristie Posts: 88 Member
    I'm personally super excited.
    I'm excited for the new gameplay, the acting career, the new clothes and costumes, the influencer career and the drones! The sleeping pod looks pretty cool too. And I can't wait to be filthy rich and play around with the vault and all the money interactions. Not to mention the stylist career and first person camera view coming with the patch update! Terrain tools I'm not mental about but excited to see how other simmers use it. But if you lump it all together, it's pretty exciting we're about to get all this. I think a lot of people are let down because we're all desperate for university and got our hopes up for witches. This is still pretty good though. I know we'll probably get all those soon, so this is good for now.
  • BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    I'm content with the fame system but I think the reputation system is what will really make the difference with this pack. I would be more excited if we got an actual director career, a way to make real bands and with drums. (I've really wanted drums lately). Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the new skills I just really wanted drums. Again, I'll enjoy the new skills but the reputation system is the only thing that will really keep in interested in the pack for the long run.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    When there's a sale
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'd buy this pack just for the Pond Object. I can't wait to add that to community lots.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    It's okay, probably won't pick up right away, might wait for a sale.

e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I've been satisfied about it and looking forward to the acting career and having the stylist patched in. Looking forward to the fame and reputation systems (still want to know more about that last one). I love CAS especially the costumes and today's (opps yesterday's) build/buy stream made me realize I would actually use the over the top ornate stuff more than I thought also, mostly in the more muted colors. Looking forward to the builds they make with that stuff. I love the midcentury stuff.. I love that atomic age look in general, the bowling pack didn't give me enough to fill a home so now I can have that. The objects were fun definitely incorporating the vault and sleeping pods and drones in my game play easily. I'm going to try the media stuff.. and making music but I have to get my hands on it see if I'll like it... either way more working items to help build characters and stories around. Just waiting for it at this point.
    egTcBMc.png
  • YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    my only complaint is the size of the world.
    BUT it doesnt bother me so much because I only play one family/sim at a time eitherway...

-Yarden.
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    I'll wait for a $19 sale for the CAS and furniture stuff. No interest whatsoever in anything else.
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    I'm excited for it coming... I love the game play... It reminds me a little of TS1 Superstar... the acting career was also in superstar.. I love that we can follow them to work...I also love the way fame works in get famous also... I'm also happy that we can't get famous from just talking to someone... I think it's going to be fun... and I love the objects in it also.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Other
    It's probably good, but neither fame nor fashion fits well with my way of playing. I already have a few "famous" musicians and singers, and I can keep play them the same way without sims on the street recognizing them for the fame. I'll just pretend, lol. It's the first EP I won't get, but I said the same about "Get together", which I recently got and likes a lot. So, maybe in a couple years I'll change my mind :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited November 2018
    Other
    I pretty much buy everything sims at some point. When I saw the announcement and trailer I was kind of surprised. I wasn't expecting that to be the next EP for some reason and wasn't crazy excited but I always enjoy new gameplay and content. I was probably way more excited about terrain manipulation. Lately I've been so into the more traditional suburban, family and country living life type of play style so at first the only things that really interested me were the costumes and buy/build items.

The more info I got and Let's Plays that I saw the more excited I got about the gameplay. I know some people think it doesn't offer enough for an EP but for me it feels pretty fleshed out and fun. I do wish they would have offered an additional traditional famous type career; probably modeling with how the rest of the game is designed and the other things they're adding with the EP and patch.
    My biggest disappointment is the number of lots. Even if your not dying for space (I still have plenty of room in my games) this was not the EP/world to skimp on the number of lots. We can make hot spots and celebrity lots in other worlds but it's just not quite the same story wise. Especially if you're a rotational player the lack of options for lots diminishes the city/"LA feel" in my opinion. It's a bit jarring. They spent so much into creating what I think is a truly beautiful world (I've been loving how beautiful the worlds are getting) but I feel like it's kind of wasted because I'm probably not going to spend that much time there due to the lack of lots.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    I like all the CAS and Build/Buy items, the new world seems cool, and I'm excited to use the Fame/Reputation system for some of my households. I might try the acting career, but I really just want to see how the new system works with my Sims in households elsewhere.