Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think is coming in December?

Don't get me wrong; I'm very excited and grateful for terrain tools, self-employment, and the fashion career, plus I'll wait for GF to go on sale, but I'm still curious about any possible last surprises before the year ends. We haven't gotten a GP or an SP in the longest time, so who knows?

Free content in this sense means new objects, CAS, or features apart from bug fixes.
Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?

What do you think is coming in December? 205 votes

New GP and new free content
5%
JeanLyraLilymusiclover13191Bagoas77NivyxRoboSpongieJoel2810agent_bevChambersNKriticalKlownx4m1r4supermilinka 12 votes
New SP and new free content
2%
AnastaciasgemMrMonty96AuronoiChieftainNyteRoseBishybrissophia 6 votes
New GP only
5%
SusanaLeoteCeCeDotAspenSimsInternal_ChaosShira3000Louise_G0325mikaMolnarRae357GamingTweetyCharlotta11 11 votes
New SP only
6%
rambahadoerwormstache999TrimothMovottirjssimboykinater18Briana2425HarlowandMesimsonthemoonAntonBobisbaesummerfireflyMazi 13 votes
Free content only
32%
CK213icmnfrshrudy8292Kita5399IceyJaelias24Writin_RegIrdiweninvisiblgirlMariefoxprice83mock68loubylouloualanmichael1stilljustme2catloverplayerDarcVader1Vuloriashcrash19akuheikomatsuRamblineRose 67 votes
Nada
46%
KolbyOneAdorkableGirlcatmom1987GRIMMYJaiSeaalexspoom13aprilrosesimduck88PlayerSinger2010imhappyfruitsmisKelleygirlTinkerballAnmirlasimgirl1010DJQ1308robyngravesJestTruscoedJprp83 96 votes

Comments

• elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Free content only
    SimGuruKate has already explicitly announced that there will be two more live streams this year (one for Get Famous and the other one is the December Maxis Monthly). If there were a new pack coming they’d do a dedicated stream for that.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Free content only
    Hmm, good point. I guess we'll see 🤔
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    Nada
    I reckon that's our lot for this year - maybe something free in a patch but I doubt it seen as there hasn't been a patch for a while because of GF release
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    New GP and new free content
    I'm just being optimistic ;)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    I'm between nada and free content. It's possible they'll add to the holiday stuff we've gotten each year, but I don't know if the Caribbean update suffices for the holiday and Diwali updates we got in the past. I don't think there will be a new pack of any kind because I'm pretty sure remembering the gurus saying that GF was it for 2018.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
    Free content only
    Well, if it really is just GF, I'm glad we at least got two EPs this year :D

I honestly have no idea, so I haven't voted myself

• QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Free content only
    Probably just a decently sized patch with some frantic terrain tool fixes.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Free content only
    I was between Nada (de nada) and Free content only. I ultimately went for the latter because I asume they'll add some festive stuff or a challenge even if very minor.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Nada
    Well, I wouldn't really say nada, but I think its just going to be a free patch with bug fixes. Nothing new for the game.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    Free content only
    Holiday Update and Gallery Update.
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    Nada
    I'm inclined to think there won't be anything but I think there will probably be something right after the holidays. I won't be disappointed if there is something for December however :smile:
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Free content only
    Seeing as GF is coming out in November I don't think we'll be seeing much next month. I'm hoping for a small holiday update with maybe a new decoration or something along those lines. I do think we might get a new game pack in January
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    Free content only
    I'm inclined to think there won't be anything but I think there will probably be something right after the holidays. I won't be disappointed if there is something for December however :smile:

We ll get a holiday update we have every year and Grant said another gallery update was coming before the year ends.
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    Nada

We ll get a holiday update we have every year and Grant said another gallery update was coming before the year ends.

That would be nice if it happened. Thanks, I forgot about the holiday updates.
    I guess I've become cynical and forgetful in my old age ;-)
    Free content only
    I'm taking a look at 2015's release schedule, and that year had two GPs, two EPs, and a bunch of SPs. Granted, some of the SP team got moved to the EP team now to help with Get Famous, so that would be an argument against an SP release. IIRC, SimGuruNinja also works on GPs but assisted with GF. Plus a boatload of free content is coming this November, so it might just be the gallery update for December.

edited November 2018
    Free content only
    I'm still keen on finally getting a separate body hair CAS category and ceiling design in the near future. :D Those two seem to be the less complicated features. I don't really want CC body hair using up a tattoo slot on my sims. And I think they'd just have to recycle the programming for floors since we already have unchangeable ceilings in the game.

As someone who likes taking screenshots of my sims' life moments, the perpetually white ceilings bother me more than they should. :D

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Free content only
    Maybe an update for the Holiday Celebration Pack -- I wouldn't mind more Hanukkah items like a dreidel and a latke recipe. Or maybe Christmas cookies as well. And there will probably be some bug fixes -- there will be a lot of them in next week's patch but chances are there'll be a few things that need cleaining up in Get Famous.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Nada
    Nothing. I just hope the rejected proposals and no harvestibles on festivals will be fixed ASAP :(
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
    Free content only
    I think GF bug fixes will be a given. :D Another reason for me to wait a bit.

• HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    edited November 2018
    Free content only
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    Probably just a decently sized patch with some frantic terrain tool fixes.

Ye of little faith :lol:
  • meenakshimeenakshi Posts: 46 Member
    Nada
    kuchnahin
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Free content only
    Nothing. I just hope the rejected proposals and no harvestibles on festivals will be fixed ASAP :(

Those could be in next week's patch -- Kate did mention there would be a lot of bug fixes.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    Nada
    I think that, at the very most, we'll get a holiday update with a few new items.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Free content only
    Probably only free content and bug fixes.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Free content only
    I'm guessing they patch in a few ugly items no one asked for in the Holiday pack in favor of giving us useful items like stalkings for the fireplace.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"