Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tending garden?

I mean, sure, other than weeding and harvesting, I guess they’re all good? 😉
Did I break something by having them on the roof?

PcDF8Jf.jpg

Comments

• Options
    xingyicaicnxingyicaicn Posts: 170 Member
    No I don't think you did. After the gardening overhaul, plants need tending much much less.
    H O P E H A S A P L A C E
  • Options
    Kimber_TAC_2Kimber_TAC_2 Posts: 37 Member
    If you press “Tend Garden” in your game, do they weed and harvest, etc? Mine just says that nothing needs doing.
    I guess I’ll move the plants to the ground floor in preparation for the greenhouse, and see if that helps.
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    @Kimber_TAC_2 I believe so but as @xingyicaicn mentioned since seasons, they don't require tending as much as they used to
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited November 2018
    @Kimber_TAC_2 Plants can vary (for instance the UFO plant takes longer to mature) and you will see differences in various plants in behavior, dormancy and harvest by season if they're outdoor and you own Seasons EP. (Alt - use a greenhouse or bring indoor for none of this effect.) Also, they only will mature, develop, and produce in relation to your actively playing the lot. If you are popping in and out between households you won't see the same amount of progress in gardens as you will on a specific lot that you play for a duration. Otherwise, yes, as @xingyicaicn mentioned, they need less tending now (yay!).
    Post edited by SheriGR on
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • Options
    Nice! Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    AlisoxAlisox Posts: 1,640 Member
    If you press “Tend Garden” in your game, do they weed and harvest, etc? Mine just says that nothing needs doing.
    I guess I’ll move the plants to the ground floor in preparation for the greenhouse, and see if that helps.

I didn't even notice there was a "tend garden" option. I just always use the direct actions like Weed and Harvest. Is there an option to weed specifically or is it grayed out on your plants? Looking at your picture I think I do see weeds on at least one plant, so that option should be there. You may just need to do it manually instead of using the Tend Garden interaction.

I doubt you did anything to break it, I've found gardens to be glitchy at times. For example, I couldn't hire a gardener until a plant died from taking a cutting. Requesting a gardener on the dead plant worked even though when I tried on the phone it said I didn't have a garden. I really wish I had let something die sooner lol
  • Options
    Ah.. good to know. I can manually weed and harvest, so I guess I won’t worry about it too much. All these little glitches and workarounds remind me so much of Sims 3. Part of the fun 😄
  • Options
    Valk5Valk5 Posts: 27 Member
    Has anyone had problems harvesting bird of paradise? Haven't been able to for a very long time. I've tried at the romance festival and at another sim's garden but the option to harvest isn't there. I tried having a sim from another household leave one from her inventory but when I try to pick it up it says "object cannot be picked up". Ugh, it's the last one I need to complete my garden collection :(
  • Options
    Valk5 wrote: »
    Has anyone had problems harvesting bird of paradise? Haven't been able to for a very long time. I've tried at the romance festival and at another sim's garden but the option to harvest isn't there. I tried having a sim from another household leave one from her inventory but when I try to pick it up it says "object cannot be picked up". Ugh, it's the last one I need to complete my garden collection :(

Yeah, I couldn’t harvest them either.
    That’s part of what lead me to creating a “perfect garden” to save in my Library for the future.
    I think it’s a bug, and the only way is to use cheats.😕