Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blind Dating from TS2 Apartment Life returning to Get Famous

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
Today in the Reputation and Fame Livestream they said your sim friends might ask your sim if he wants to be setup on a date with their friends. This means the sims your not playing but are chatting with. I know the sims we're playing can set other sims up with a sim if you have Get Together but this is the opposite meaning the sim your not controlling will ask your sim if they can set them up with their friends.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    Yay, more dating options! Good thing I just made a single vampire in my newest save.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Ooo that is fun. Hopefully it won't be a plague like the dating phonecalls.
  • Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    Sounds great! :D
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    So if you say yes you go can send your sim to a blind date? That sounds fun!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    Oh nice!
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Nice touch.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Toadette12Toadette12 Posts: 193 Member
    Ah that sounds great! At the moment I'm playing a single Sim who owns a vet clinic so I think I'll have her go on a blind date :)
    TS4_EP04_WebQuiz_04.jpg
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited November 2018
    Nice touch. What other things does reputation affect? I didn't watch the full stream.
  • PinkSugar81PinkSugar81 Posts: 184 Member
    I love this! Can't wait to see how that works.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Toadette12 wrote: »
    Ah that sounds great! At the moment I'm playing a single Sim who owns a vet clinic so I think I'll have her go on a blind date :)

Sadly we cant make this happen it s random. Also I'm guessing they ll set you up with premade living in houses but not homeless sims. I'm hoping homeless sims are included in this.

I can always move them into a house if I want to visit them.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited November 2018
    Did that come with Freetime? I thought networking came in Apt Life along with reputation?

I wonder if they also included the other networking options like a discount for buy/build and higher wages - that would be good.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    Thanks for sharing that info! I did watch the livestream but they must have said this when I zoned out. I wasn't feeling great so I stopped concentrating on it for about 5 minutes at one stage.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    You can also get job offers (higher than entry level) etc.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    How do Sims get bad reputation? Is it like sims 3 where everyone knew your sims were cheating even when they were not seen cheating? I really hope not.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited November 2018
    keekee53 wrote: »
    How do Sims get bad reputation? Is it like sims 3 where everyone knew your sims were cheating even when they were not seen cheating? I really hope not.

Doing things on your home lot doesn't effect reputation. Being mean in public gains bad rep. Not sure about cheating but my guess is it only counts if you get seen in public.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited November 2018
    I liked that feature from The Sims 2 Nightlife. I could just pay the 🐸🐸🐸🐸, who will pick a sim for my sim for a blind date, and see how well they go together. However, this time it is random and set up by a friend (if I understand correctly).
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    You can also get job offers (higher than entry level) etc.

In The Sims 2 Apartment Life, if your sim was nice to townies and left a good first impression, there was a chance a secret network happened. One thing that can happen is that sim will get a job offer that is not on the entry level (somewhere around level 4). Other thing that can happen is that the townie sets your sim up for a blind date.
    keekee53 wrote: »

It seems like The Sims 4 doesn't have romantic reputation like The Sims 3 had but rather a community reputation The Sims 2 had. The main difference is that if you wanted the reputation to change in The Sims 2, you had to do interactions on the community lot and it didn't matter if anyone saw it or not. In The Sims 4, reputation can change on the home lot and it changes if a NPC sees the interactions happening.
    The reputation there is that if your sim is nice to other sims, they'll gain good reputation, and if your sim is mean to other sims, they'll gain bad reputation. It is based on the golden rule that treat other the way you want to be treated.

So it is awesome to see some of The Sims 2 features return (in a changed form).
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    @EgonVM and @EmmaVane thank you for the information. I am glad to hear that is it not like Sims 3 reputation.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    I'm intrigued...
    #Team Occult
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    what's the difference between "blind date" and "Hook up" which we got from Get Together?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited November 2018
    MadameLee wrote: »
    what's the difference between "blind date" and "Hook up" which we got from Get Together?

The difference is that hook up means that your sim sets two NPCs up for a date while a blind date gets set up to your sim.
    The another difference is that sims with bad reputation gets set up with other sims with bad reputation.
    We'll see...
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,404 Member
    Ooo I planned on separating my sims after they get famous cause the boyfriends been spending too much time on his career. Hopefully my sim gets asked to be set up, would make it easier sort of
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited November 2018
    Ok will hopefully no one in the neighborhood sets my sim with Don Lothario in the sims 3 his dream date was the cemetery glad we don’t have those in the sims 4. :joy:
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    I'm so excited for this EP, I can hardly wait. What's really bad is this week is already crawling by --- and I've been keeping busy, too. :open_mouth: We have a family gathering on Saturday, so that day by all rights, should fly by, but then we have M-Th to get through. I don't believe I've experienced this level of 'gotta have it now' in quite some time. I'm worse than a child waiting for Santa to come. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    @GalacticGal - I :love: your enthusiasm! I may never get the pack (unless I can get it half-off or better), but it's a pleasure to see your happiness!