Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where would you want a Beach Vacation GP/EP to be set?

I'd personally love a Mediterranean locale (Greece, Israel, etc.) because you could have Atlantis and archaeology along with beaches, scuba diving, etc. The rocky terrain would make great use of terrain tools as well.

The Great Barrier Reef, Thailand (new architectural styles, first exclusively Asian inspired world), and Bermuda (you know Sims loves their mysteries) would also be cool options.

Comments

• littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Oh, Bermuda would be very interesting. Thailand too! I liked the general look of the beach vacation world from TS2 although I don't know where it was based on specifically, if anywhere.
    6riwm5.png
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    TS2 beach vacation place was a generic south Pacific island setting, though the monkey god thing looked more central american. Pity most of the locals had British/American names. In addition to what's been suggested, Brasil and/or Argentina have possibilities. Just think, beaches & such by day, Rio at night, and periodic festivals thrown in for good measure. I have a lot of material from the old Moore-McCormak line of what there is to do down there, and there's so much your sims will never get bored.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Boracay Island, Philipines, Phi Phi Island/Maya Bay, Thailand, Tikehau Island, French Polynesia, Maldives, Mauritius, Iceland, Bahamas, Caribbean Island... There so many beautiful places in the world! I can only name a few... :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    edited November 2018
    I think the Caribbean themed beaches are a strong motif in The Sims franchise. However, I would die to experience a Mediterranean one! A new world like Santorini would be a new and refreshing break. So EA/ Gurus if you're out here reading, look into a Mediterranean beach atmosphere for the hotel expansion.

tenor.gif?itemid=7243985
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    I would love a Mediterranean or Australian world! Something vibrantly coastal, beachy, surfy and “exotic”.

I’m half Aussie, half Greek so I guess it’s no surprise haha.
  • hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    edited November 2018
    A Mediterranean kind of place definitely, like Turkey, Greece, Spain, and Italy. I love the ocean and beach, and I would love to see the Mediterranean in the Sims as I am from a Mediterranean country. At the beaches, there could be beach activities like windsurfing, boats pulled by jet-skis (like a banana boat), and SAILING! I know that could be too much, but I've always loved doing these as a kid and i'd love for it to be in the Sims. Anyways, there could also be parts of Asia and Australia. Coral reefs, surfing, and diving would be amazing. Also, the Bermuda triangle is a very good idea. Maybe if a sim got lost in it, they would have a chance of meeting tailed friends.. (mermaids!)
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I'd like it to be a hybrid between Thailand and Hawaii, with a dense palm jungle and a Tiki theme.

For the scuba dive lots:
    Two beautiful realistic spots
    A spooky shipwreck cove with green water and ugly fish
    A Barbie Mermaidia themed spot with colourful pink, orange, blue and purple coral and clear sapphire waters, colourful fish etc
    A mysterious "deep sea" type spot with royal blue waters, grey cliffs and small shards of grey rocks instead of sand, little blue crabs etc

Since TS4's style is cartoony, it gives amaaaaazing potential for beautiful, fantasy scuba dive lots. I hope they utilize it!
  • lushlifesimlylushlifesimly Posts: 3 New Member
    Smth like cape town or bermuda
  • rh2006fanrh2006fan Posts: 49 Member
    I like the small town, laid back beach vibe of some small barrier islands in the south east US.

Mediterranean would be great too.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Polynesia/ Hawaii!
    a256aFi.gif
  • JujuAwesomeBeansJujuAwesomeBeans Posts: 85 Member
    I really like the generic tropical feel we usually get, but I would definitely be open for more locations. Maybe a resort town like Dubai? I would love to go there irl, so experiencing it in sims would be epic. :D
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I love the ideas in this thread. We could also use an Asian-inspired world because there isn't one yet. Thailand would be interesting
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    Polynesia/ Hawaii!

Think that would be my choice too but any tropical beach location would be ok for me. :smile:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Maybe the Caribbean or Florida Keys.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Polynesia/ Hawaii!

That.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Either the Caribbean, Hawaii or Brazil. Also I hope sims can live there not just travel there while on vacation.
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited December 2018
    I hadn't even considered it before, but now that you've mentioned it I'd love to see a Mediterranean vacation spot. I've always been open to the idea of a tropical vacation spot in TS4, but mostly see suggestions of Caribbean or Hawaiian inspired locations which seems very predictable and a little boring to me. Though Bermuda could be an exception as far as Caribbean locations go, depending on what was done with it.
    Post edited by thatsnotsweg on
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    I also want a Mediterranean world. I wouldn't really mind if they went with tropical worlds, but we had two of those in TS3 (Sunlit Tides and Isla Paradiso), so it would be refreshing to see something different.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    please give me some pink sand beaches. I would also love some black sand beaches too.
  • ShepardShepard Posts: 125 Member
    [quote="littlemissgogo;c-16817615"]Oh, Bermuda would be very interesting. Thailand too! I liked the general look of the beach vacation world from TS2 although I don't know where it was based on specifically, if anywhere.[/quote]

If it's anything like s2 vacation, I'll take it! I really loved that they added 3 spots in s2. Also I would love a China ish spot. I know the sims creators love the asia look, look at San Myshino.
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Tahiti/Fiji
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    Hawaii--so we have beaches and mountains and lava/volcanoes/hot springs. Not to mention bird-watching. :heart: And, y'know, swimming, scuba diving, surfing, sailing, snorkeling...what did I leave out? Lots, I'm sure.

But if y'all want something different, how's about a Pacific NW beach? Cold water, with warning signs to stay well back from the waves because you could be crushed by logs. (Yeah, that's real, that part about the logs.)
  • boskos456boskos456 Posts: 66 Member
    Hawaii+Bermuda (vulvanos and sea monster)
    Something like Isla paradiso: witm mermaids, krakken etc.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Greece or Bali would be amazing.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p