Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Everything to do with Weddings

This is a place for you to give wedding tips and advice, talk about your weddings, post wedding pictures, etc. Anything and everything having to do with weddings is welcome here.
forums_wedding_cassieellie.png?w=584

These are Alexander Goth's fraternal twin daughters who had a double wedding to brothers of Hawaiian descent. Their Grandmother, Bella, hosted the wedding at her mansion.
BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com

Comments

• AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I’ve had plenty of sims weddings, and if there’s any advice I can give it’d be to make the cake and put the topper on a couple of hours before the wedding. This way if you don’t want to hire a caterer, you don’t have to miss out on cake!!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • MuggyQuasarMuggyQuasar Posts: 169 Member
    I love a good Sim wedding! I once hosted a wedding where two of the guests died halfway through. I wasn't too hung up on the storyline for that particular couple so the deaths made for a hilarious interval... but I would always advise saving a back up of your game before going into a big event like a wedding in case the unexpected strikes!
    lgYUYx0.jpg
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    My favourite wedding moment was my sim marrying a townie and after we done the vows... started to do the rounds, taking photos and being good "hosts".... his mother DIES! (at least she saw her only kid get married)
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    My favourite wedding moment was my sim marrying a townie and after we done the vows... started to do the rounds, taking photos and being good "hosts".... his mother DIES! (at least she saw her only kid get married)
    So glad that hasn’t only happened to me! I had a sim wedding ages back and the bride’s mum died while they were exchanging vows. Kinda a downer, but the fireworks made everyone feel better!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • GracelishGracelish Posts: 114 Member
    I had my Sim get pregnant with her fiancé. Before the bump would show up, I made them have the wedding. Beautiful. Neighborhood sweethearts. It took place at the Von Haunt Estate. Should've been foreshadowing...

Now, I was playing my game on a laptop and while the loading screens take a bit longer than they should, it's tolerable. However, on this day...the loading screen took a solid four minutes and when I had my Sims return to their home? The husband was missing.

Yep. He disappeared from the household. I hoped it was a glitch, something to do with split and merge, but impossible. He died while I was waiting to load up the house. Took me some time to finally find his urn. Cause of death? Laughter. Poor dude had a blast. At least he had fun :( He was in the comedian career and had the goofball trait. Therefore, my advice is to refrain from having that combination to avoid a hysterical death in your Sims wedding, resulting in a widowed parent.

Although my Sim didn't have to raise her child on her own completely, since I didn't release the ghost husband off to the netherworld. (I know I could've attempted to bring him back with ambrosia, but I wanted to keep the tragedy in the story.)
    here's hoping we collide
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    I’ve had plenty of sims weddings, and if there’s any advice I can give it’d be to make the cake and put the topper on a couple of hours before the wedding. This way if you don’t want to hire a caterer, you don’t have to miss out on cake!!

I also always cook the cake and put on the topper before the wedding.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    So glad that hasn’t only happened to me! I had a sim wedding ages back and the bride’s mum died while they were exchanging vows. Kinda a downer, but the fireworks made everyone feel better!

I tried to take photos and everyone was frowning or proper bottom lipping - I was so annoyed! I wish I had had city living back then to do that :')
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Oh wow -- that's so funny how many people's sims died during weddings!! The weirdest thing I had happen was that Malcom Landgraab decided to show up to a wedding in his underwear. Thanks for posting some good tips, too, you guys. Here's one of my tips:

If the game changes your sim into some ugly wedding dress and you can't stop it, as soon as the vows are done, immediately change into the clothes you want and then renew your vows. Then you can get good pictures of the "wedding."

Here are a few pics of my founding sim's wedding to Alexander Goth at the museum in San Myshuno:
    wed_fountain.png?w=584
    wed_artsy-e1525754138857.png?w=584
    wed_closeup-e1525754925919.png?w=584
  • alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    my advice? whatever you do, don't hire a caterer. you can't move the food platters away from wherever the caterer sets them down, which is a dealbreaker for me personally. if that doesn't bother you, of course, hire caterers, but it's so much easier in my opinion to have your sim cook some food before the wedding, put it in their inventory and then put it out for people to eat.

i also always make my own wedding venues so that i can have weddings exactly how i want them
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Like others have said....a great tip is having the wedding cake prepared before the wedding. The caterer doesn't really work like they should in my game. Another tip is try to get people seated when they attend the wedding if they're active/in your household. The wedding musical chairs is still happening as well as them not staying seated. I always try to get my Sims to sit way before the wedding begins & then once it starts click 'attend wedding' and they stay seated.

Here are some pictures of my most recent wedding of my Gen 4 heir, Layke Forrester to her husband, Johan Vatore:
    LvFJEa0.png
    Layke waiting for Johan to join her at the alter

TGTIxD6.png
    Saying their vows <3

rOhGMGd.png
    Layke's Parents - Mom - Ember Forrester & Dad - Caiden Forrester; Caiden is a lazy Sim, he was sleep throughout the wedding!

T1WfPQA.png
    The happy couple <3

iKkvyA7.png

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    alyssa123 wrote: »
    my advice? whatever you do, don't hire a caterer. you can't move the food platters away from wherever the caterer sets them down, which is a dealbreaker for me personally. if that doesn't bother you, of course, hire caterers, but it's so much easier in my opinion to have your sim cook some food before the wedding, put it in their inventory and then put it out for people to eat.

i also always make my own wedding venues so that i can have weddings exactly how i want them

You can't move the food platters away? This sounds like a bug. Has it been reported?
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    A double wedding, I think that is a sweet tradition that has gotten even less common nowadays. My twin aunts had one, and the pictures are so good. Your couples are really cute. Alexander must have married a blonde.

Layke and Johan are adorbs. Your pics are very professional, hope you made a good fee, haha.

Ah yes, the Goofball Comedian Wedding-it's often fatal, what a shame, haha. And the Elder Parents Wedding, or Elder Anyone Wedding, really--the Sim feels the end is nigh, but hangs on for one more special occasion. They pass from the realm surrounded by friends and family, hopefully having fun. It might not be a bad way to go, actually. But it def puts a huge, sopping, wet blanket on the festivities.

For the Goofball Death, just make sure to have a mirror nearby so they can get a hold of themselves and rein in that deadly Unbridled Joy (Hysteria). Or just go with the tragedy of it all as the poster did. It makes a good story, and a good game goal of making Ambrosia should you choose that route.

For death at a wedding, I just usually switch into Funeral Mode (not an actual thing, unfortunately). It can't get any worse at that point anyway. I just have them mourn and then eat, then commiserate with one another, and sneak off to call the Sadness Hotline, give themselves a Pep Talk in the mirror, cry in the closet if there is one. It's really just one big blubber fest. If I have a podium nearby, I have them give "tributes." There is singing at funerals, too, so we're usually covered there. Even karaoke will do. There is, for sure, a lot of drinking. Grimmie sometimes joins in. Then I try to upgrade the Honeymoon a bit to make up for it, but wait until they've recovered to go on that.

In general, it is great advice to have the cake prepped ahead of time. The caterer may make one, but then again, they may prefer to dance and drink? I've been able to move the plates so maybe this is a glitch. For those who aren't that skilled in the kitchen, I do have a tier cake at a bakery retail lot that they can make a festive trip to purchase. It has the topper on and everything. It also never hurts to have the odd Rack Of Lamb handy in case they decide to make pancakes. I haven't noticed, tho, do the caterers make Grand Meals now, if you have Seasons?

Some of my weddings were "seat of the pants" affairs, and honestly, those are usually quite fun. If my Sims seem Wedding Of The Century types, tho, I'll usually start by making several Clubs. I do the Groom and his attendants, the Bride and hers, or the equivalent for LGBTQ+ weddings, and often the Parents. They go to a retail wedding shop in their respective Clubs to pick out their attire together. Then they have the Hen/Stag bashes. The rehearsal dinner is usually the night before.

I often start weddings, or will schedule them now that we can with Seasons, for right after lunch around one. The NPCs hunger should be good until we eat then, and they shouldn't be tired yet. Weddings last quite long in TS4, I think at least six hours. (With evening weddings, just make sure to have a Mailbox on the lot, and shift-click it to Make Everyone Happy after they've arrived. If not, they can get all sorts of uncomfortable as the night wears on.) Another thing nice about the calendar, is that you can choose the option to make the date a "holiday" and one is less likely to forget to have them take vacation. I did that once, before a patch fixed it so that at least a pop up came up if they tried to go to work. My bride figured she'd be in trouble, I guess, so off she went. The wedding continued, but of course they couldn't get married until I canceled Work. She took Come Home literally, and went there. Finally I Brought (Sim) Here, haha, some tense minutes, there.

The day of the wedding, I start by taking care of Needs. Then we pack up the food and head to the venue. I start the Club Gatherings then, and the members will stay until I end them. This must be done before the Event starts, tho. While we're waiting, the ladies and gents get dressed together if there are dressing rooms. This where Get Famous and the hair/makeup stylist will come in handy. The ladies often have wine or fizzy drinks, and the guys usually have a Globe Bar in their dressing area. It's kinda stereotype-ey of me, I know.

Once the Event actually starts, the bride and groom usually greet the guests for the first half hour-45 minutes. We proceed to the actual nuptials after that, crossing fingers that the guests actually have their lives together enough to watch. Sometimes I will click Go Here Together near the arch beforehand, so that the Bridal Party Club Members will be there for a second or two, anyway. You can have Sims that you control sit down and click Watch Ceremony on the Arch, yes, but the rest of the guests are free range, haha.

After that's completed, and the fireworks are done, we usually greet any guests we missed, then eat, followed by cutting the cake and usually dancing and drinking.

The thing I try to remember about weddings is that there is around a 60% chance there will be some type of calamity. But I just try to tell myself that it will be funny later. :smiley:
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member
    edited November 2018
    Awesome tips on this thread. Bookmarked.

I've only had one wedding in my game and it was more stressful (but still fun) than planning for my own wedding many years ago. :p
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    If you're planning a big wedding, PLAN beforehand. Nothing like rushing to get things done and not getting to do half the things on the checklist.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • SimmerUnikornSimmerUnikorn Posts: 80 Member
    Once i was trying to exchange vows and i clicked the other option (i think its called call of wedding or something) without realising so i assumed the other sims called off the wedding and thats why they had such a bad relationship now so i set up an elaborate plan to kill her nearly husband then my friend said that the other sim can't do that action and i must have clicked it so i killed a guy when my sim left him. Oops
    -Simmer Unikorn
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    @Sha2520032003 Wow your wedding venue looks amazing. Beautiful pictures!!

@Livin in Sim Yeah, Alexander married a blonde; they don't look too much like him. That's so cool that your aunts had a real life double wedding. Thanks for all the great wedding tips.

@SimmerUnikorn LOLs! Your post cracked me up. Poor groom never did anything wrong and got a hit put out on him!
  • GeniusSimmerGirlGeniusSimmerGirl Posts: 68 Member
    A double wedding, I think that is a sweet tradition that has gotten even less common nowadays. My twin aunts had one, and the pictures are so good. Your couples are really cute. Alexander must have married a blonde.

Layke and Johan are adorbs. Your pics are very professional, hope you made a good fee, haha.

Ah yes, the Goofball Comedian Wedding-it's often fatal, what a shame, haha. And the Elder Parents Wedding, or Elder Anyone Wedding, really--the Sim feels the end is nigh, but hangs on for one more special occasion. They pass from the realm surrounded by friends and family, hopefully having fun. It might not be a bad way to go, actually. But it def puts a huge, sopping, wet blanket on the festivities.

For the Goofball Death, just make sure to have a mirror nearby so they can get a hold of themselves and rein in that deadly Unbridled Joy (Hysteria). Or just go with the tragedy of it all as the poster did. It makes a good story, and a good game goal of making Ambrosia should you choose that route.

For death at a wedding, I just usually switch into Funeral Mode (not an actual thing, unfortunately). It can't get any worse at that point anyway. I just have them mourn and then eat, then commiserate with one another, and sneak off to call the Sadness Hotline, give themselves a Pep Talk in the mirror, cry in the closet if there is one. It's really just one big blubber fest. If I have a podium nearby, I have them give "tributes." There is singing at funerals, too, so we're usually covered there. Even karaoke will do. There is, for sure, a lot of drinking. Grimmie sometimes joins in. Then I try to upgrade the Honeymoon a bit to make up for it, but wait until they've recovered to go on that.

In general, it is great advice to have the cake prepped ahead of time. The caterer may make one, but then again, they may prefer to dance and drink? I've been able to move the plates so maybe this is a glitch. For those who aren't that skilled in the kitchen, I do have a tier cake at a bakery retail lot that they can make a festive trip to purchase. It has the topper on and everything. It also never hurts to have the odd Rack Of Lamb handy in case they decide to make pancakes. I haven't noticed, tho, do the caterers make Grand Meals now, if you have Seasons?

Some of my weddings were "seat of the pants" affairs, and honestly, those are usually quite fun. If my Sims seem Wedding Of The Century types, tho, I'll usually start by making several Clubs. I do the Groom and his attendants, the Bride and hers, or the equivalent for LGBTQ+ weddings, and often the Parents. They go to a retail wedding shop in their respective Clubs to pick out their attire together. Then they have the Hen/Stag bashes. The rehearsal dinner is usually the night before.

I often start weddings, or will schedule them now that we can with Seasons, for right after lunch around one. The NPCs hunger should be good until we eat then, and they shouldn't be tired yet. Weddings last quite long in TS4, I think at least six hours. (With evening weddings, just make sure to have a Mailbox on the lot, and shift-click it to Make Everyone Happy after they've arrived. If not, they can get all sorts of uncomfortable as the night wears on.) Another thing nice about the calendar, is that you can choose the option to make the date a "holiday" and one is less likely to forget to have them take vacation. I did that once, before a patch fixed it so that at least a pop up came up if they tried to go to work. My bride figured she'd be in trouble, I guess, so off she went. The wedding continued, but of course they couldn't get married until I canceled Work. She took Come Home literally, and went there. Finally I Brought (Sim) Here, haha, some tense minutes, there.

The day of the wedding, I start by taking care of Needs. Then we pack up the food and head to the venue. I start the Club Gatherings then, and the members will stay until I end them. This must be done before the Event starts, tho. While we're waiting, the ladies and gents get dressed together if there are dressing rooms. This where Get Famous and the hair/makeup stylist will come in handy. The ladies often have wine or fizzy drinks, and the guys usually have a Globe Bar in their dressing area. It's kinda stereotype-ey of me, I know.

Once the Event actually starts, the bride and groom usually greet the guests for the first half hour-45 minutes. We proceed to the actual nuptials after that, crossing fingers that the guests actually have their lives together enough to watch. Sometimes I will click Go Here Together near the arch beforehand, so that the Bridal Party Club Members will be there for a second or two, anyway. You can have Sims that you control sit down and click Watch Ceremony on the Arch, yes, but the rest of the guests are free range, haha.

After that's completed, and the fireworks are done, we usually greet any guests we missed, then eat, followed by cutting the cake and usually dancing and drinking.

The thing I try to remember about weddings is that there is around a 60% chance there will be some type of calamity. But I just try to tell myself that it will be funny later. :smiley:

Omg how do you get your weddings to be so perfect? Honestly I often have mine elope or have a very small wedding party with their family and closest friends because I can't be bothered to deal with all of the annoyingness that comes with weddings in TS4. I wish they would at least clap like they do in TS3 sometimes. I never thought of the honeymoon. You could take your couple to Granite Falls or Selvadorada for a few nights! Or even if you can't/don't want to, you could move your couple into a cozy little cottage for a few days in another world. @Everyone where do you get your wedding venues? Also where can I get some great CC wedding dresses? The dresses in the game just won't cut it! :D
    My origin ID is quiverfullsims | My simblr can be found here. It follows the Rowan family- an extremely conservative clan with nearly 17 children.
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    I feel weddings need to be improved.

Call guests to sit before wedding.
    Walk down the aisle
    Bridesmaids and best men
    Hire wedding officiator
    More wedding cakes
    Bachelor & Bachelorette parties
    Honeymoons!
    -Simmer Unikorn
    45105823934_b296b8ebaa_b.jpg

my cuties (sorry if this is a double up i thought i posted another one but it didn't show up to me)
    -Simmer Unikorn
    NOOO, he died one day after the wedding because he's a goofball and was hysterical.

45798467102_28eb510dc4_z.jpg
    -Simmer Unikorn
  • GeniusSimmerGirlGeniusSimmerGirl Posts: 68 Member
    @SimmerUnikorn noooooooo! I'm so sorry. His poor (ex) wife is a widow now. She'll have to raise the baby alone. :(:'(
    My origin ID is quiverfullsims | My simblr can be found here. It follows the Rowan family- an extremely conservative clan with nearly 17 children.
  • ScramblesScrambles Posts: 2 New Member
    unfortunately, I no longer have the pictures. I have to wedding stories! Usually, I have a backyard wedding or will go to a wedding venue.
    1) first backyard wedding. My sim's daughter was getting married. I had fireworks set up, low and behold, my sim set off the fireworks after the ceremony and EVERYTHING went up in flames! Luckily I saved right before the ceremony so I was able to re-load.
    2) My sims were getting married in brindleton bay at the venue there. First, all of the guests danced while the ceremony was happening, which was great. THEN came time to cut the cake...cats, CATS were eating the wedding cake. My sims went without a wedding cake. 😒😒😒😂😂😂
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I don't waste my time with them anymore, no one ever sits or even pays attention to the ceremony, including the minister.